Back to Politics

twelve months of boris

Jump to newest

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Not my work, but a neat summary of the year so far:

THE 12 MONTHS OF BORIS...

January: No need to be alarmed. It's a Chinese bug. We're bloody British.

February: It appears that the Italians can catch it too, but they rolled over for the Nazis in the war so it's to be expected.

March: Errrr, it looks like we can catch it after all. However, there's no need to panic, just stay two metres apart and sing happy birthday whilst washing your hands.

April: We could do with around 60% of you catching it, but you'll probably kill your gran in the process. This is becoming somewhat of a pickle we're in.

May: Yeah, we've totally fucked it guys. It's spreading quicker than a 5g conspiracy. Stay the fuck away from everyone unless you fancy popping out for a McDonald's.

June: You can definitely maybe get away with sitting within a metre of a perfect stranger in the park, but meeting up with a friend will lead to certain death.

July: You may get back in the pub, but only for essential drinks. Feel free to chat bubbles with a random in the smoking area, but leave immediately if you see a member of your family, or face arrest.

August: Eat out to help out! Every single UK citizen simply must rush out to do all the things we've asked you not to do for the last few months. It's your duty, and here's a tenner on us for your efforts.

September: You ghastly, little cretins! Who the fuck told you to go out and spread the virus like that again? Have you listened to a bloody word we've said? Don't even come at me with your crocodile tiers, bro.

October: Work from home again unless your place of work has a till.

November: You can go and get your muff waxed and do a bit of Christmas shopping with thousands of others, however, attendance restricted pubs, bars and restaurants still pose too much of a risk to mingle in.

December: Christmas is cancelled. See you all again in the new year for more absolute fuckery, you shower of cunts.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just glad JC wasn’t in charge when all this started

over a year ago

"Not my work, but a neat summary of the year so far:

February: It appears that the Italians can catch it too, but they rolled over for the Nazis in the war so it's to be expected.

March: Errrr, it looks like we can catch it after all. However, there's no need to panic, just stay two metres apart and sing happy birthday whilst washing your hands.

April: We could do with around 60% of you catching it, but you'll probably kill your gran in the process. This is becoming somewhat of a pickle we're in.

May: Yeah, we've totally fucked it guys. It's spreading quicker than a 5g conspiracy. Stay the fuck away from everyone unless you fancy popping out for a McDonald's.

June: You can definitely maybe get away with sitting within a metre of a perfect stranger in the park, but meeting up with a friend will lead to certain death.

July: You may get back in the pub, but only for essential drinks. Feel free to chat bubbles with a random in the smoking area, but leave immediately if you see a member of your family, or face arrest.

August: Eat out to help out! Every single UK citizen simply must rush out to do all the things we've asked you not to do for the last few months. It's your duty, and here's a tenner on us for your efforts.

September: You ghastly, little cretins! Who the fuck told you to go out and spread the virus like that again? Have you listened to a bloody word we've said? Don't even come at me with your crocodile tiers, bro.

November: You can go and get your muff waxed and do a bit of Christmas shopping with thousands of others, however, attendance restricted pubs, bars and restaurants still pose too much of a risk to mingle in.

December: Christmas is cancelled. See you all again in the new year for more absolute fuckery, you shower of cunts."

As far as I can see no government around the world has got it right so feel free to tell everyone what should have been done

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

As far as I can see no government around the world has got it right so feel free to tell everyone what should have been done "

Actually, some countries have managed the pandemic very well.

Many of the East Asian countries have done well, because they do what they are told and New Zealand did a pretty good job too.

China and N Korea did well but their methods are rather controversial.

over a year ago

"

As far as I can see no government around the world has got it right so feel free to tell everyone what should have been done

Actually, some countries have managed the pandemic very well.

Many of the East Asian countries have done well, because they do what they are told and New Zealand did a pretty good job too.

China and N Korea did well but their methods are rather controversial. "

Haha yea righto

over a year ago

No Government around the World can get things right in an ever changing COVID-19 environment.

Various countries have had different results due to different climates, population density and compliance!

I do not think that we should be criticising any Government who are working extremely hard to save lives.

At the end the day, it is not the Government that are spreading this Virus, the Virus does not move! It is the people that are moving the Virus.

Whilst I think that this Government could have done better I thank my lucky stars that JC or Captain Hindsight are not in charge!

over a year ago

It's better surely to return to normal.

People die.

They arent my problem and yes I do direct that at those whove lost loved ones too.

It's your loss not mine.

Noone here would continue to act in this way if normality resumed.

over a year ago

"It's better surely to return to normal.

People die.

They arent my problem and yes I do direct that at those whove lost loved ones too.

It's your loss not mine.

"

Nailed it right there!!!! And that ladies and Gentlemen is why COVID-19 is going to be around for much longer than it should be!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 15:56:21]

over a year ago

"No Government around the World can get things right in an ever changing COVID-19 environment.

Various countries have had different results due to different climates, population density and compliance!

I do not think that we should be criticising any Government who are working extremely hard to save lives.

At the end the day, it is not the Government that are spreading this Virus, the Virus does not move! It is the people that are moving the Virus.

Whilst I think that this Government could have done better I thank my lucky stars that JC or Captain Hindsight are not in charge!"

Cpt Hindsight, that did make me chuckle

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think the op was a joke in fact I'm pretty sure it was.

over a year ago

"Just glad JC wasn’t in charge when all this started "

Good old Jezza, still living in your head rent free

over a year ago

"Just glad JC wasn’t in charge when all this started

Good old Jezza, still living in your head rent free "

? ?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

We've had the worst of all worlds. The highest number of deaths per capita in Europe, plus the worst economic hardship - unless you happen to know someone in government and formed a company, in which case you've had a great financial year. Whoever might have been in charge would have had to make tricky decisions, but Johnson has buggered it up at every turn.

By *leasureman123Man
over a year ago

Manchester

The gamonati will be out in force on this post!

over a year ago

"I think the op was a joke in fact I'm pretty sure it was. "

I read it that way too

over a year ago

"No Government around the World can get things right in an ever changing COVID-19 environment.

Whilst I think that this Government could have done better I thank my lucky stars that JC or Captain Hindsight are not in charge!"

over a year ago

"We've had the worst of all worlds. The highest number of deaths per capita in Europe, plus the worst economic hardship - unless you happen to know someone in government and formed a company, in which case you've had a great financial year. Whoever might have been in charge would have had to make tricky decisions, but Johnson has buggered it up at every turn. "

With such a generous Furlough Scheme together with Lockdowns, what did you think would happen to the Economy?

If you research it, our deaths have been counted very differently to others, indeed almost everyone counts differently.

Either way, it is not our Government that is killing people!

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

He would have Nationalized the Virus lol

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Love the deflection on here just glad jc isn't in charge nope this shower of utter s*** has been in charge for over 9 years now ??

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"It's better surely to return to normal.

People die.

It's your loss not mine.

"

I’m trying to work out if this is tongue in cheek or you’re a heartless idiot

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

He would have Nationalized the Virus lol"

Yeah god forbid we had a national living wage, free access to the internet and a robust NHS and education system throughout this then we would have been totally fucked .... oh wait.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Love the deflection on here just glad jc isn't in charge nope this shower of utter s*** has been in charge for over 9 years now ?? "

And even after Austerity the people still didn't vote Labour in - they voted to keep them out.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"We've had the worst of all worlds. The highest number of deaths per capita in Europe, plus the worst economic hardship - unless you happen to know someone in government and formed a company, in which case you've had a great financial year. Whoever might have been in charge would have had to make tricky decisions, but Johnson has buggered it up at every turn.

With such a generous Furlough Scheme together with Lockdowns, what did you think would happen to the Economy?

If you research it, our deaths have been counted very differently to others, indeed almost everyone counts differently.

Either way, it is not our Government that is killing people! "

m

If you think this I will share with you some of the client s situations that I won’t with as a volunteer whom have been caught up in the debacle that is Universal Credit or how about the 17% of chilidren whom live below the poverty line .. this government has blood on its hands and did way before COVID

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Love the deflection on here just glad jc isn't in charge nope this shower of utter s*** has been in charge for over 9 years now ??

And even after Austerity the people still didn't vote Labour in - they voted to keep them out. "

That shows you just how selfish people actually are a fact that is underlined just last night by the idiots trying to escape tier 4 - just shameful to be English atm.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"The gamonati will be out in force on this post!"

Haha aren’t they just

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

If you think this I will share with you some of the client s situations that I won’t with as a volunteer whom have been caught up in the debacle that is Universal Credit or how about the 17% of chilidren whom live below the poverty line .. this government has blood on its hands and did way before COVID "

And still the People didn't vote labour in.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

If you think this I will share with you some of the client s situations that I won’t with as a volunteer whom have been caught up in the debacle that is Universal Credit or how about the 17% of chilidren whom live below the poverty line .. this government has blood on its hands and did way before COVID

And still the People didn't vote labour in."

And Doesn’t that make you despair at the disgustingness of people in this country .... sooner make abs extra 1p in the £1 on tax than fees starving children ... just sickening. The majority of the electorate just believe the lies the Torys tell ... they want to be a ‘have’ abs think voting Tory makes them middle class .... I guess I mean I don’t know having never been as selfish as to vote Tory

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

We are just looking forward to "Brexshit" though and sod the virus !!

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"We've had the worst of all worlds. The highest number of deaths per capita in Europe, plus the worst economic hardship - unless you happen to know someone in government and formed a company, in which case you've had a great financial year. Whoever might have been in charge would have had to make tricky decisions, but Johnson has buggered it up at every turn.

Either way, it is not our Government that is killing people! "

so who decided to send infected people back into the care homes. Somebody has to take the flak for this. 20000+deaths,that should not have happened. This was an appalling lack of judgement by someone

By *ubguy12345Man
over a year ago

Stanhope

"Love the deflection on here just glad jc isn't in charge nope this shower of utter s*** has been in charge for over 9 years now ??

And even after Austerity the people still didn't vote Labour in - they voted to keep them out.

That shows you just how selfish people actually are a fact that is underlined just last night by the idiots trying to escape tier 4 - just shameful to be English atm. "

It is not selfish to try to escape tyranny...

Tier 4 is not about trying to contain a virus, it is an attempt to control the population and destroy free will.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

December: Christmas is cancelled. See you all again in the new year for more absolute fuckery, you shower of cunts."

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Yep thank god we got an inept corrupt racist lying corrupt buffoon instead

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

That shows you just how selfish people actually are a fact that is underlined just last night by the idiots trying to escape tier 4 - just shameful to be English atm.

Tier 4 is not about trying to contain a virus, it is an attempt to control the population and destroy free will.

"

"tyranny".... "destroy free will" ...

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"We've had the worst of all worlds. The highest number of deaths per capita in Europe, plus the worst economic hardship - unless you happen to know someone in government and formed a company, in which case you've had a great financial year. Whoever might have been in charge would have had to make tricky decisions, but Johnson has buggered it up at every turn. "

If you think this has been handled well you should seek help

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Love the deflection on here just glad jc isn't in charge nope this shower of utter s*** has been in charge for over 9 years now ?? "

Its pitiful

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

And still the People didn't vote labour in."

I'm not sure voting in the most inept corrupt gmnt in living memory is a badge of honour tbh.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

You ok hun?

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

"

It just reflects the electorate

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

"

Maybe, probably not but maybe all the same

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"

And Doesn’t that make you despair at the disgustingness of people in this country .... sooner make abs extra 1p in the £1 on tax than fees starving children ... just sickening. The majority of the electorate just believe the lies the Torys tell ... they want to be a ‘have’ abs think voting Tory makes them middle class .... I guess I mean I don’t know having never been as selfish as to vote Tory "

What makes you so superior in your head to think that the electorate were fooled and you the minority are the clever ones?.Always the same old crap from losers be it brexit or the election we were fooled.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

And Doesn’t that make you despair at the disgustingness of people in this country .... sooner make abs extra 1p in the £1 on tax than fees starving children ... just sickening. The majority of the electorate just believe the lies the Torys tell ... they want to be a ‘have’ abs think voting Tory makes them middle class .... I guess I mean I don’t know having never been as selfish as to vote Tory What makes you so superior in your head to think that the electorate were fooled and you the minority are the clever ones?.Always the same old crap from losers be it brexit or the election we were fooled. "

The alternative is that Tory voters are selfish and couldn’t care less about sick, disabled or the people in society that are less fortunate. And forgive me but this isn’t about winning this is people’s lives it’s not a competition.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

It just reflects the electorate "

It sadly appears to be the case

over a year ago

"

And Doesn’t that make you despair at the disgustingness of people in this country .... sooner make abs extra 1p in the £1 on tax than fees starving children ... just sickening. The majority of the electorate just believe the lies the Torys tell ... they want to be a ‘have’ abs think voting Tory makes them middle class .... I guess I mean I don’t know having never been as selfish as to vote Tory What makes you so superior in your head to think that the electorate were fooled and you the minority are the clever ones?.Always the same old crap from losers be it brexit or the election we were fooled.

The alternative is that Tory voters are selfish and couldn’t care less about sick, disabled or the people in society that are less fortunate. And forgive me but this isn’t about winning this is people’s lives it’s not a competition. "

My sister is disabled, gets plenty of support from the government and votes Tory. So ye, maybe she's selfish

over a year ago

"

And Doesn’t that make you despair at the disgustingness of people in this country .... sooner make abs extra 1p in the £1 on tax than fees starving children ... just sickening. The majority of the electorate just believe the lies the Torys tell ... they want to be a ‘have’ abs think voting Tory makes them middle class .... I guess I mean I don’t know having never been as selfish as to vote Tory What makes you so superior in your head to think that the electorate were fooled and you the minority are the clever ones?.Always the same old crap from losers be it brexit or the election we were fooled. "

getting a bit pathetic now

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

And Doesn’t that make you despair at the disgustingness of people in this country .... sooner make abs extra 1p in the £1 on tax than fees starving children ... just sickening. The majority of the electorate just believe the lies the Torys tell ... they want to be a ‘have’ abs think voting Tory makes them middle class .... I guess I mean I don’t know having never been as selfish as to vote Tory What makes you so superior in your head to think that the electorate were fooled and you the minority are the clever ones?.Always the same old crap from losers be it brexit or the election we were fooled.

The alternative is that Tory voters are selfish and couldn’t care less about sick, disabled or the people in society that are less fortunate. And forgive me but this isn’t about winning this is people’s lives it’s not a competition.

My sister is disabled, gets plenty of support from the government and votes Tory. So ye, maybe she's selfish "

I don’t believe that for one millisecond .....

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2019-04-21/six-stone-man-deemed-fit-to-work-by-dwp-dies

Another one who got 'plenty of support'

Hearts of gold they have got.

over a year ago

"

My sister is disabled, gets plenty of support from the government and votes Tory. So ye, maybe she's selfish

I don’t believe that for one millisecond ..... "

You don't have to. The proof is in the fact that the Tories keep winning

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

You don't have to. The proof is in the fact that the Tories keep winning "

No sweetie you’re totally missing the point ... if you vote Tory you’re self serving and couldn’t care less about education or NHS and have the mentality ‘if you can’t help yourself tough’ ... all this sad state of afford proves is that so many in this country fall into that category. The fact that you’re not quite grasping this proves my point.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

You don't have to. The proof is in the fact that the Tories keep winning "

Proof of what exactly?

By *kstallionMan
over a year ago

milton keynes

I think we missed a trick there. We could have voted in JC. When they virus turned up it would have been nationalised and gone on strike

over a year ago

I think we missed a trick there. We could have voted in JC. When they virus turned up it would have been nationalised and gone on strike "

Tell you what, doubt he'd of made this speech....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwXlOQLu44&t=2s

LOL

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Yeah and the trip to Barnard Castle was to test his eyesight.

You don’t need hindsight when you can foresee the bullshit coming your way.

Just face the fact that the tories failed big time. Now we are all paying for it now.

I don’t even know how you can sit there and support them after they have failed miserably.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

I think we missed a trick there. We could have voted in JC. When they virus turned up it would have been nationalised and gone on strike

Tell you what, doubt he'd of made this speech....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwXlOQLu44&t=2s

LOL"

What an utter disgrace he is

over a year ago

Whilst I think that this Government could have done better I thank my lucky stars that JC or Captain Hindsight are not in charge!

Just face the fact that the tories failed big time. Now we are all paying for it now.

I don’t even know how you can sit there and support them after they have failed miserably.

"

It is Staggering, most of the answers remind me of the "All politicians lie" answer many gave about Trump and Johnson. When they were clearly in a different league to anyone else.

By *kstallionMan
over a year ago

milton keynes

Just trying to lighten the mood. Silly of me to try. As you were

over a year ago

"Just trying to lighten the mood. Silly of me to try. As you were"

How dare you have a sense of humour in this day & age

over a year ago

"Just trying to lighten the mood. Silly of me to try. As you were"

Great subject to choose, if you are going to try and joke about it you may want to make it more relevant and stop referencing JC.

You maybe want to stick to a Jim Davidson joke book actually!

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Just trying to lighten the mood. Silly of me to try. As you were

Great subject to choose, if you are going to try and joke about it you may want to make it more relevant and stop referencing JC.

You maybe want to stick to a Jim Davidson joke book actually!"

I think that clown in no 10 provides plenty of laughs

By *kstallionMan
over a year ago

milton keynes

Good to see the threads back to normal

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Apparently you can only make fun of JC now

By *kstallionMan
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Apparently you can only make fun of JC now"

Says who?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"I think the op was a joke in fact I'm pretty sure it was. "
No OP is the joke here

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

No 2 in the charts..boris Johnson is a fucking kunt

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It is Staggering, most of the answers remind me of the "All politicians lie" answer many gave about Trump and Johnson. When they were clearly in a different league to anyone else."

Yeah the amateur leagues, they claim to be heavyweights, but they full of hot air and bluster, if anything they are and we’re not providing the true leadership when their respective nations were hit badly by COViD

over a year ago

"

No sweetie you’re totally missing the point ... if you vote Tory you’re self serving and couldn’t care less about education or NHS and have the mentality ‘if you can’t help yourself tough’ ... all this sad state of afford proves is that so many in this country fall into that category. The fact that you’re not quite grasping this proves my point. "

No sweetie, you're missing the point. The Tories keep getting elected because the electorate are either happy with their policies or prefer them to the alternative . If you think that choosing the party you think is going to best look after yourself, your family and the country as a whole, ie others, is somehow selfish then so be it. Why would anyone vote to make themselves and the country poorer

over a year ago

"No 2 in the charts..boris Johnson is a fucking kunt "

Only no 2?

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS
over a year ago

horsham

"

No sweetie you’re totally missing the point ... if you vote Tory you’re self serving and couldn’t care less about education or NHS and have the mentality ‘if you can’t help yourself tough’ ... all this sad state of afford proves is that so many in this country fall into that category. The fact that you’re not quite grasping this proves my point.

No sweetie, you're missing the point. The Tories keep getting elected because the electorate are either happy with their policies or prefer them to the alternative . If you think that choosing the party you think is going to best look after yourself, your family and the country as a whole, ie others, is somehow selfish then so be it. Why would anyone vote to make themselves and the country poorer"

“Why would anyone vote to make themselves and the country poorer “

At last a penny drops .. Why would they do you think ?

It would be like madness . A crazy thing .. Yet we have witnessed it many times through out history .. Not least Brexshit .. which I am told is all for the love of sovereignty.. and deep mistrust of the eastern European .

A lot would also depend on what one classes as wealth ? .. Are you a rich man Mr Silver Thorn ?

over a year ago

"

No sweetie, you're missing the point. The Tories keep getting elected because the electorate are either happy with their policies or prefer them to the alternative . If you think that choosing the party you think is going to best look after yourself, your family and the country as a whole, ie others, is somehow selfish then so be it. Why would anyone vote to make themselves and the country poorer

It would be like madness . A crazy thing .. Yet we have witnessed it many times through out history .. Not least Brexshit .. which I am told is all for the love of sovereignty.. and deep mistrust of the eastern European .

A lot would also depend on what one classes as wealth ? .. Are you a rich man Mr Silver Thorn ?

"

I'm richer now that I have more control over laws that are passed in this country. Tell me, are you rich? Are you selfish? Is that why you followed the Tories in the referendum and listened to/agreed with the Tory propoganda that was posted through your front door?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Tories make you more wealthy

I've genuinely heard it all now.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

I'm richer now that I have more control over laws that are passed in this country. Tell me, are you rich? Are you selfish? Is that why you followed the Tories in the referendum and listened to/agreed with the Tory propoganda that was posted through your front door? "

How do you have more control over laws passed here?

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS
over a year ago

horsham

"

I'm richer now that I have more control over laws that are passed in this country. Tell me, are you rich? Are you selfish? Is that why you followed the Tories in the referendum and listened to/agreed with the Tory propoganda that was posted through your front door? "

Financially no I’m not rich , no where near what one may deem comfortable or even well off . I must work everyday to pay bills etc . In fact at times I find it a struggle to make ends meet .

I have family members whom I support and friends with whom I share as much as I can so I would say that no I am not selfish . Although the the society in which I live sometimes forces me to be more selfish than I may feel comfortable with .. My trade calls for a degree of self protectionism.. I charge accordingly for the work I do .

Your assumption of my political following is as most assumptions are .. Wrong

over a year ago

"

I'm richer now that I have more control over laws that are passed in this country. Tell me, are you rich? Are you selfish? Is that why you followed the Tories in the referendum and listened to/agreed with the Tory propoganda that was posted through your front door?

Financially no I’m not rich , no where near what one may deem comfortable or even well off . I must work everyday to pay bills etc . In fact at times I find it a struggle to make ends meet .

I have family members whom I support and friends with whom I share as much as I can so I would say that no I am not selfish . Although the the society in which I live sometimes forces me to be more selfish than I may feel comfortable with .. My trade calls for a degree of self protectionism.. I charge accordingly for the work I do .

Your assumption of my political following is as most assumptions are .. Wrong "

Oh, I just assumed you voted to remain, sorry

over a year ago

"

How do you have more control over laws passed here?"

Did you not consider this before voting in the referendum? Now, if a government introduces a law that you disagree with you can vote for/elect another government who promises to repeal that law and have it removed. While in the EU any EU law introduced by the government of the day cannot be removed by the following government, it is there for good, no matter how much you might disagree with it. There is nothing you can do

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Did you not consider this before voting in the referendum? Now, if a government introduces a law that you disagree with you can vote for/elect another government who promises to repeal that law and have it removed. While in the EU any EU law introduced by the government of the day cannot be removed by the following government, it is there for good, no matter how much you might disagree with it. There is nothing you can do "

I'm fairly sure we could vote on general electins here before Brexit..but I stand to be corrected.

Can you name any 5 laws the eu have introduced which have a detrimental effect on our daily lives?

Any 5 will do

over a year ago

"

Did you not consider this before voting in the referendum? Now, if a government introduces a law that you disagree with you can vote for/elect another government who promises to repeal that law and have it removed. While in the EU any EU law introduced by the government of the day cannot be removed by the following government, it is there for good, no matter how much you might disagree with it. There is nothing you can do

I'm fairly sure we could vote on general electins here before Brexit..but I stand to be corrected.

Can you name any 5 laws the eu have introduced which have a detrimental effect on our daily lives?

Any 5 will do

"

Can you name any law that the EU will introduce in the future that could have a detrimental effect on our daily lives?

Any 1 will do

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Any 5 will do

Can you name any law that the EU will introduce in the future that could have a detrimental effect on our daily lives?

Any 1 will do

"

I'll take that as a no.

Another myth easily dispelled.

over a year ago

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

Another myth easily dispelled."

How about the ability to reduce VAT

But as usual you miss the point entirely

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

"

I asked you a question

You chose to not answer..because you couldnt.

It's that simple.

over a year ago

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

I asked you a question

It's that simple."

I've just given you one off the top of my head ffs. You chose not to answer my question because you can't

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

I asked you a question

It's that simple.

I've just given you one off the top of my head ffs. You chose not to answer my question because you can't "

I asked for 5

The ability to reduce vat?

So it could do down aswell as up..and may not happen anyway.

How in earth is that a positive which will effect our daily lives?

When you have answered mine I'll try to answer yours (which makes so sense?)

over a year ago

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

I asked you a question

It's that simple.

I've just given you one off the top of my head ffs. You chose not to answer my question because you can't

I asked for 5

"

Under EU rules you can't reduce VAT on fuel to below 15%

How about the Labour Party promising to remove Vat on fuel for small or low income households and increasing it for larger houses/higher consumers? There ya go, vote winner for ya

You can't answer mine because you have no idea what future laws will be introduced

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

I asked you a question

It's that simple.

I asked for 5

How about the Labour Party promising to remove Vat on fuel for small or low income households and increasing it for larger houses/higher consumers? There ya go, vote winner for ya

You can't answer mine because you have no idea what future laws will be introduced "

No because I dont have a crystal ball.

Which once again shows what a nonsense Brexit is,as we have come out based on something which may or may not happen.

Genius.

You hace once again provided a total hypothetical benefit.

When you say a lie often enough it becomes the "truth '

We will stop europe telling us what to do is possiblly the most glaring example of this.But enough simpletons believed it.

We have our own laws,our own courts and our own judiciary we have been in the EU for 40 years and the only example you can think of is something which may or may not happen

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

[Removed by poster at 21/12/20 11:34:56]

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Funny how you try to deflect the blame from BJ by quoting JC.

Truth is that Johnson is the wrong man in the wrong job at the wrong time.

His decision to allow 3 households to mix for 5 days (now reversed) sent shockwaves through Europe, UK's Christmas isolation was inevitable, the new variant was just the pretext that the EU needed to act.

That variant in any case has probably already been in Europe since September.

Its about time that the Tory grandees acted to replace its leader!

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

This sounds a bit like it should be a song....

On the twelfth month of Boris, Michael Gove said to me.......

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Even though the current issues have been exacerbated by recent events, at least we are vaccinating

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Funny how you try to deflect the blame from BJ by quoting JC.

Truth is that Johnson is the wrong man in the wrong job at the wrong time.

His decision to allow 3 households to mix for 5 days (now reversed) sent shockwaves through Europe, UK's Christmas isolation was inevitable, the new variant was just the pretext that the EU needed to act.

That variant in any case has probably already been in Europe since September.

Its about time that the Tory grandees acted to replace its leader!"

shock waves round Europe ? What are the Xmas plans there then ?

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Just googled Madrid won’t be closing shops bars restaurants or travel in or out the region

over a year ago

"Just googled Madrid won’t be closing shops bars restaurants or travel in or out the region "

That's sent shock waves all round Nantwich

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Same here lol

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

i could here the sonic boom from here.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The fact that people still think this is being handled well ,tells it's own story.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The fact that people still think this is being handled well ,tells it's own story."
We all know you could have done so much better.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The fact that people still think this is being handled well ,tells it's own story.We all know you could have done so much better. "

Last time I checked I I wasnt pm!

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The fact that people still think this is being handled well ,tells it's own story.We all know you could have done so much better.

"

But you know you could if you was dont you.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The fact that people still think this is being handled well ,tells it's own story.We all know you could have done so much better.

But you know you could if you was dont you. "

I'm not sure there are many people who could actually do worse

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

But you know you could if you was dont you.

I'm not sure there are many people who could actually do worse "

so you do then

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

A columnist described Johnson like a trolley from Lidl, if you take them of the supermarket parking lot, they stop working.

With Johnson, once he crosses the channel his good guy persona no longer works.

The Europeans see him as a lightweight, an opportunist and a liar, and they don’t trust him.

His off the spur decisions, his U turns, his bluffing and the constant mixed messages all confirm their opinion.

So sad but Britain is now starting to be seen as ‘the sick man of Europe’

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"A columnist described Johnson like a trolley from Lidl, if you take them of the supermarket parking lot, they stop working.

The Europeans see him as a lightweight, an opportunist and a liar, and they don’t trust him.

His off the spur decisions, his U turns, his bluffing and the constant mixed messages all confirm their opinion.

"

What columnist was that i wonder.

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"

Any 5 will do

Any 1 will do

I'll take that as a no.

I asked you a question

It's that simple.

I asked for 5

You can't answer mine because you have no idea what future laws will be introduced "

at the end of all that back and forth what the answer to how a single country changes an EU law in place that it wants removed

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

December: Christmas is cancelled. See you all again in the new year for more absolute fuckery, you shower of cunts.

As far as I can see no government around the world has got it right so feel free to tell everyone what should have been done "

Usually intelligent people learn from their experience and it's wisely assumed that everyone will make mistakes.

Your post hints that you perceived all countries failed equally . Not a bright insight, when population deaths and economic hits are nowhere near similar comparing the worst with the better performers.

Hint - Neither the UK nor the USA have been amongst the best.

We were all somewhat ignorant at the start of the year. Though the UK had done a pandemic readiness testing exercise a couple of years earlier - and found how we were lacking. We were luckier than most, as Johnson had a report on his desk all year, listing what to do, in simple to understand language. It included PPE requirements.

With a huge parliamentary majority you can grasp how easy it is to achieve things. It usually just requires having talent in your government.

Meanwhile in New Zealand and other countries which fared better, governments took smarter steps.

At least in an interconnected world that's open, there are not so many secrets about how these other - non UK - governments achieved successes. It didn't need state spies to find out secret tactics. The slow to learn in the UK stumbled haphazardly on, spaffing their 'world beating' this, that and the other rhetoric, peppered with some prep school Latin, to continue with their shitshow, whilst some fawning sycophants bared their arses for further use as necessary. People speaking in forked tongues entered delirious trance states, after their chanting of word salad mantras incorporating any mix of sovereignty, control, oven-ready and others, getting ever more contorted, as the spirits possess them.

over a year ago

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"A columnist described Johnson like a trolley from Lidl, if you take them of the supermarket parking lot, they stop working.

What columnist was that i wonder."

Marina Hyde, The Guardian, 11th December.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Marina Hyde, The Guardian, 11th December."

How dare a national newspaper break from the pack and actually criticise our glorious leader

Actually the mail,the express the times and the rag have all ripped into him today.

He will be jettisoned in a few weeks and the incoming fuckfest can be laid at his door

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Marina Hyde, The Guardian, 11th December.

How dare a national newspaper break from the pack and actually criticise our glorious leader

Actually the mail,the express the times and the rag have all ripped into him today.

He will be jettisoned in a few weeks and the incoming fuckfest can be laid at his door"

Wow, if the Mail/Express have got it in for him then he’s a gonner!

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Reading through this thread, I can only think of this...

"Many a true hath been spoken in jest!"

People who didn't vote for Johnson find the OP funny. People that did vote for him don't. The fact remains that it's pretty much what happened this year and highlights a simple truth: being picked to do a job doesn't mean you'll be good at it.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Reading through this thread, I can only think of this...

"Many a true hath been spoken in jest!"

People who didn't vote for Johnson find the OP funny. People that did vote for him don't. The fact remains that it's pretty much what happened this year and highlights a simple truth: being picked to do a job doesn't mean you'll be good at it.

"

True word

Post new Message to Thread