Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

should Boris shut down the uk for xmas

Jump to newest

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Before its announced what are peoples thoughts on the 5 day easing of restrictions,should he change his mind andtighten restrictions or keep it as planned?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Germany is having a hard lockdown. Their Christmas easing is one household hosting up to four extra family members as guests. We are allowed three households of unlimited numbers. Which is safer ? Less households or less people ?

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

i was actually after peoples opinions yes or no and leave the discussions until after the decision.The reason for this is because so many people on here are politically motivated and whatever the government decide will argue the opposite.I was trying to get an opinion before the announcement .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think Xmas should have been an issue really and things just left as they are. If people want to get together they are going to get together anyway, regardless of what the government says. It's down to personal responsibility

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Apologies for my post. I wasn't aware you just wanted a yes or no answer rather than a debate.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Apologies for my post. I wasn't aware you just wanted a yes or no answer rather than a debate. "
No probs sorry i didnt make it clearer from the start

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"I don't think Xmas should have been an issue really and things just left as they are. If people want to get together they are going to get together anyway, regardless of what the government says. It's down to personal responsibility "
Me too .

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Tighten up.

Nine months of this has taught me one thing. Common sense isn't all that common at times!

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Keep it as planned.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Lock it down.

By *ssexbloke72Man
over a year ago

Poplar

Full lock down, shut everything.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Before its announced what are peoples thoughts on the 5 day easing of restrictions,should he change his mind andtighten restrictions or keep it as planned?"

Fucking madness... Shut it down...

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The medical groups are saying shut it down

.for the sake of a few days the restrictions should be kept in place, especially if there is a danger of a full lockdown again in jan.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"The medical groups are saying shut it down

.for the sake of a few days the restrictions should be kept in place, especially if there is a danger of a full lockdown again in jan."

There will surely be a lock down in new year anyway... Its just whether it's week 2 or 6...

Or in usual fashion of delaying it for too long... Weeks 6 or 10.

Unless they are hanging hopes on 2 weeks holiday over Xmas and new year to calm things down. Personally think the opposite will happen with the way we public are now making choices..

I was talking to a pub manager last night. She's been doing her job for 15 years. Saying that the way people are behaving this year has been crazy compared to previous 14 years.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

.for the sake of a few days the restrictions should be kept in place, especially if there is a danger of a full lockdown again in jan.

There will surely be a lock down in new year anyway... Its just whether it's week 2 or 6...

Unless they are hanging hopes on 2 weeks holiday over Xmas and new year to calm things down. Personally think the opposite will happen with the way we public are now making choices..

I was talking to a pub manager last night. She's been doing her job for 15 years. Saying that the way people are behaving this year has been crazy compared to previous 14 years. "

I think another full lockdown post Christmas would be disastrous.

At worst it should revert to the tier system

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I was talking to a pub manager last night. She's been doing her job for 15 years. Saying that the way people are behaving this year has been crazy compared to previous 14 years.

I think another full lockdown post Christmas would be disastrous.

At worst it should revert to the tier system"

Absolutely if they can be adhered to... I mean there are some places who seem to have it under Control, so why lock them down. But... There was a load of stuff before last lock down that argued for a national lock down because local lockdowns weren't working... Bizarre to me as a bit of nerd and numbers watcher... They seemed to be effective in some areas where they were being enforced and adhered to and not in others..and that would be the same with local or national lockdown if people keep spreading it.

over a year ago

Follow the scientific advice and tighten restrictions

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Why should Christmas in a tolerant 21st century country be treated any differently from other religious festivals like Eid, Hanukkah, Diwali, etc....

Unless Christmas is now no longer a religious celebration but an orgy of consumerism and the other festivals do not matter...

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Before its announced what are peoples thoughts on the 5 day easing of restrictions,should he change his mind andtighten restrictions or keep it as planned?"

I don't think he should have lifted the restrictions to that degree, but I don't think it would be fair on people to change his mind now.Listening to him on politics live, it looks like it will stand.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Follow the scientific advice and tighten restrictions "
Are people not to be trusted to make calculated decisions then? you believe we need to be told?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Follow the scientific advice and tighten restrictions Are people not to be trusted to make calculated decisions then? you believe we need to be told? "

Clearly some people aren't to be trusted, which spoils it for those who can be.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

For instance, a house party in Northampton, with over 100 people there. The host was fined £10,000.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Keep it as planned

In terms of personal responsibility we've asked everyone coming for Xmas to isolate as best they can this week and next, it doesn't cancel the risk but reduces it to within our comfort!

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Follow the scientific advice and tighten restrictions Are people not to be trusted to make calculated decisions then? you believe we need to be told?

Clearly some people aren't to be trusted, which spoils it for those who can be."

The thing is these same people would do what they want rules or no rules the majority of people know how to act by now.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Follow the scientific advice and tighten restrictions Are people not to be trusted to make calculated decisions then? you believe we need to be told? "

Well you know the people you might be sharing Xmas with, can they all be trusted?

Do they all feel some responsibility to each other? Those that don't I wouldn't want in my home anyway.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Unless Christmas is now no longer a religious celebration but an orgy of consumerism and the other festivals do not matter..."

I think that pretty much covers it! Xmas hasn't ostensibly been a religious celebration (for the majority) for many decades!

By *andm288Couple
over a year ago

oxford

The issue is most will flout whatever is put in place how are they going to police it if they lockdown Xmas

over a year ago

We are ‘told ‘ to do 100s of things every single day , some will follow the COVID restrictions, other won’t .

over a year ago

Full lockdown till 2030 needed

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Errr... Have you seen what the people being trusted in making calculated decisions have done controlling the spread of infection the last 9 months... We're British don't you know... Nobody can tell us what to do.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Full lockdown till 2030 needed "

Only 6 hours to go then

over a year ago

"Full lockdown till 2030 needed

Only 6 hours to go then "

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

keep it as it is

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Your not that naive to actually believe that?

Some always will need to be told to not be stupid, selfish or act like a complete prat..

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"Follow the scientific advice and tighten restrictions Are people not to be trusted to make calculated decisions then? you believe we need to be told?

Some always will need to be told to not be stupid, selfish or act like a complete prat..

"

I really don’t think anyone needs to be told to wear a mask wash hands keep your distance anymore after 10 months if ppl arnt doing that already been told again won’t make a difference treat people like adults and almost all of them will act like adults

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

I really don’t think anyone needs to be told to wear a mask wash hands keep your distance anymore after 10 months if ppl arnt doing that already been told again won’t make a difference treat people like adults and almost all of them will act like adults "

Foxy, the accident and emergency departments etc in any normal weekend are testimony to the facts that some in society are pretty much incapable of acting in an adult manner..

Not called the Darwin awards for nothing mate, after 23 yrs working alongside police and the NHS nothing surprises me about the depths of stupid that a minority will try to reach and do ..

Ditto po

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

I think Boris has put himself in a bad position.

Promising 3 households can mix over Christmas for 5 days will no doubt cause a rise in infections and deaths.

So many people are already struggling suffering with mental health issues due to isolation that now changing his mind and scrapping the relaxing of the rules will mentally crush a hell of a lot of people and could easily increase the rates of suicide and depression.

He jumped his gun way way too early by declaring the 5 days and now he's definitely between a rock and a hard place.

I think he'll copy Scotland and reduce mixing to 2 households.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

I really don’t think anyone needs to be told to wear a mask wash hands keep your distance anymore after 10 months if ppl arnt doing that already been told again won’t make a difference treat people like adults and almost all of them will act like adults

Foxy, the accident and emergency departments etc in any normal weekend are testimony to the facts that some in society are pretty much incapable of acting in an adult manner..

Not called the Darwin awards for nothing mate, after 23 yrs working alongside police and the NHS nothing surprises me about the depths of stupid that a minority will try to reach and do ..

Ditto po"

I agree most ppl do the right thing and don’t need telling you will always get tossers and no amount of telling will make a difference if ppl want to have family round for Xmas let them because no one is even talking about the effect on mental health this is having for yrs to come and the loons will still gather over Xmas regardless of the rules

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Leave it the way it is. It doesn't matter people will do what they want anyway. Some havnt listened for 9 months. So what's going to change now.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So Boris has kept it to 3 households, but has said to avoid staying away from home overnight.

over a year ago

Preston

I didn't realise he'd made his speech already lol

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Wales will go into full lockdown from 28th December...

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I didn't realise he'd made his speech already lol"

He's just been on BBC

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Wales will go into full lockdown from 28th December..."

Advice for only two households to meet in Wales, will be put into law...

over a year ago

Preston

"I didn't realise he'd made his speech already lol

He's just been on BBC "

I think he'd made the announcement in the Commons lunchtime.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I didn't realise he'd made his speech already lol

He's just been on BBC

I think he'd made the announcement in the Commons lunchtime. "

Maybe

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Boris is a total coward with no balls over this he should change the xmas rules as the Scots and Welsh have done.

For me only two families to meet one day only Xmas day whole country in tier three for 14 days after.

he is PM to govern the country not be popular one year in.

The best PM's are hated for doing the right things but then vindicated by results Thatcher,Churchill etc

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Boris is a total coward with no balls over this he should change the xmas rules as the Scots and Welsh have done.

For me only two families to meet one day only Xmas day whole country in tier three for 14 days after.

The best PM's are hated for doing the right things but then vindicated by results Thatcher,Churchill etc"

I also think two households and Christmas day only

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"So Boris has kept it to 3 households, but has said to avoid staying away from home overnight.

"

Fucking beautiful... So the folks driving home after 3 litres of brandy butter...

I used to think he'd be good. But seriously if he could get stuff any more wrong I'd struggle to see how.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Boris is a total coward with no balls over this he should change the xmas rules as the Scots and Welsh have done.

The best PM's are hated for doing the right things but then vindicated by results Thatcher,Churchill etc"

Agreed... Leaders make the right decisions not popular ones.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

The best PM's are hated for doing the right things but then vindicated by results Thatcher,Churchill etc

I also think two households and Christmas day only "

yep fuck mental health then

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I also think two households and Christmas day only yep fuck mental health then "

And fuck Covid?

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

hundreds of thousands work xmas day, are you saying they shouldn't be able to have a day with their family ?

over a year ago

Whats the point of having scientists appointed to advise then argue against their advice ffs!

Losck the Christmas period down ffs!

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"Whats the point of having scientists appointed to advise then argue against their advice ffs!

Losck the Christmas period down ffs! "

the scientists arnt bothered about the long term mental health of this

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Do you think if boris had said 4 households scotland and wales would have said 3?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

There is no win win situation.

People need to come together at Christmas, just for their own mental and physical health.

As Dr. Hilary said on GMTV, it only takes 1 asymptomatic person in a group at Christmas, to give it to every.

If there is a strict lockdown, it is wrong

If the rules are relaxed, it is wrong.

over a year ago

It seems the court of popular opinion on fab is that a large percentage of U.K. adults can be trusted to go out into the workplace every day but can’t be trusted to be in the same room as their family.

By *ete le MeatMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire/ Notts

He needs to quit.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

I think the majority of people in the country will be sensible but judging by the amount of parties and the scenes shown of bars crowded after the last lifting, I think sadly a lot people can’t be trusted.

I think it’s too late now and people will ignore the government and just carry on.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I think the majority of people in the country will be sensible but judging by the amount of parties and the scenes shown of bars crowded after the last lifting, I think sadly a lot people can’t be trusted.

I think it’s too late now and people will ignore the government and just carry on. "

People in uk ignore their government because its been a shitshow of a disaster from boris from the very start of this pandemic to now

Any other past uk leader in modern times would have fared much better than that clown

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"I think the majority of people in the country will be sensible but judging by the amount of parties and the scenes shown of bars crowded after the last lifting, I think sadly a lot people can’t be trusted.

I think it’s too late now and people will ignore the government and just carry on.

People in uk ignore their government because its been a shitshow of a disaster from boris from the very start of this pandemic to now

Any other past uk leader in modern times would have fared much better than that clown

"

over a year ago

Meanwhile

Tory MP Tobias Ellwood attended a Christmas dinner with 27 other guests at a private members club in Mayfair on Tuesday.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Meanwhile

Tory MP Tobias Ellwood attended a Christmas dinner with 27 other guests at a private members club in Mayfair on Tuesday."

I was going to who the fuck has a name like tobias but he has criticised the move to involve the navy and has also ripped into julie Hartley brewer..so I'll let it slide.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

The biggest mistake is giving people the choice of how they police their measures saying we believe the public will use common sense

Yea right it seems to have worked out so far

It’s always the minority of twats who will just do what they do and fuck everyone else.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

People may ignore their government. Boris may be all the things you say. But here's the rub...we are adults, we are the ones choosing to ignore advice and spread the infection. So blame others as much as you like (and yeah I agree they have been shit...) but it's all on us... We can take simple measures to reduce the spread. And we are choosing not to (in a sizeable minority of cases).

over a year ago

"Full lock down, shut everything. "

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

People may ignore their government. Boris may be all the things you say. But here's the rub...we are adults, we are the ones choosing to ignore advice and spread the infection. So blame others as much as you like (and yeah I agree they have been shit...) but it's all on us... We can take simple measures to reduce the spread. And we are choosing not to (in a sizeable minority of cases). "

o think it’s a tiny minority tbf

over a year ago

"Meanwhile

Tory MP Tobias Ellwood attended a Christmas dinner with 27 other guests at a private members club in Mayfair on Tuesday."

Apparently it was a ‘business meeting ‘

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Wales will go into full lockdown from 28th December..."

Yeah, because their "firebreak" was such a success

Someone famous once said something relevant about the definition of insanity

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Meanwhile

Tory MP Tobias Ellwood attended a Christmas dinner with 27 other guests at a private members club in Mayfair on Tuesday.

Apparently it was a ‘business meeting ‘ "

So was the one Princess Beatrice attended at a fancy restaurant, coincidentally on the birthday of the host.

over a year ago

You have the answer now, not sure he can keep calling Starmer, "Captain Hindsight" anymore. Enjoy your Christmas.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

More importantly can Santa still visit the new tier 4 areas on Christmas Eve....

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"More importantly can Santa still visit the new tier 4 areas on Christmas Eve....

"

No. People from other tiers aren't allowed in .

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I see the gyms are shut again

Fucking pathetic... seems like they still haven't learned anything from the previous 2 lockdowns....

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

"More importantly can Santa still visit the new tier 4 areas on Christmas Eve....

No. People from other tiers aren't allowed in . "

The Grinch really now has stolen Christmas...

over a year ago

No. People from other tiers aren't allowed in .

The Grinch really now has stolen Christmas... "

You seen Costas?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/12/20 14:42:41]

over a year ago

Yeah should have shut down ages ago or no flights in or out no shops other than food and definitely no of this shite about essential workers All I've done is deliver shite just because there bored so yes shut the fing door

Post new Message to Thread