Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

brexit end game 2

Jump to newest

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

yes of course i can lionel i dont make stuff up got to fact checker you will get a list ofeu countries minimum wages etc.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Top 5 are Austria, Finland, Germany, denmark and Belgium according to the Ituc

Somehow I doubt we will be above the scandi countries

A lot of the rights we have come from the eu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-latest-news-10-ways-eu-protects-british-workers-rights-danger-european-union-a7531366.html%3famp

Still I'm sure boris is fighting for the working man

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Top 5 are Austria, Finland, Germany, denmark and Belgium according to the Ituc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-latest-news-10-ways-eu-protects-british-workers-rights-danger-european-union-a7531366.html%3famp

"

We were in the EU then

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

According to the Bdbf website..experts in employment law workers rights will be downgraded in Brexit legislation.

2 key provisions have been removed European union removal act 2020(the lock on eu deprived workers and the provisions which ecj conditions on a par with the supreme court.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"According to the Bdbf website..experts in employment law workers rights will be downgraded in Brexit legislation.

2 key provisions have been removed European union removal act 2020(the lock on eu deprived workers and the provisions which ecj conditions on a par with the supreme court."

What are you bangin on about? If we don't like the new 'rules' then we can elect a Labour government can't we? It's called democracy. Or don't you trust them either?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Talking of the ‘end game ‘ is Boris Thanos? one click of his fingers and Brexit will be ‘done’ (apologies for anyone who hasn’t seen the films )

Reply privately

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

Passport runs out in May, not looking forward to receiving one of those naff black passports. Prefer the burgundy European union colour. But brexiters have got what they wanted. And at least I can hold my head up high that we didn't make this country goes tits up.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Top 5 are Austria, Finland, Germany, denmark and Belgium according to the Ituc

"

depends who you read i guess i have Lithuania, Luxembourg netherlands and belguim higher than the uk monthly minimum wage.

List of European countries by minimum wage - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › List_of_European_countries_...

The following list provides information relating to the minimum wages (gross) of countries in Europe. The calculations are based on the assumption of a 40-hour ...

As for holiday pay higher again.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-and-paid-holidays/

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"According to the Bdbf website..experts in employment law workers rights will be downgraded in Brexit legislation.

2 key provisions have been removed European union removal act 2020(the lock on eu deprived workers and the provisions which ecj conditions on a par with the supreme court.

What are you bangin on about? If we don't like the new 'rules' then we can elect a Labour government can't we? It's called democracy. Or don't you trust them either? "

Erm...no..as we will be out of the eu by then.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

2 key provisions have been removed European union removal act 2020(the lock on eu deprived workers and the provisions which ecj conditions on a par with the supreme court."

Who are these experts are they remainers by any chance?

I repeat we have a government and an opposition in the uk we do not need Europe for workers rights to be upheld.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

2 key provisions have been removed European union removal act 2020(the lock on eu deprived workers and the provisions which ecj conditions on a par with the supreme court. Who are these experts are they remainers by any chance?

I repeat we have a government and an opposition in the uk we do not need Europe for workers rights to be upheld."

They are experts in employment law..but yes their expertise and professionalism should be be questioned in case they voted remain.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

2 key provisions have been removed European union removal act 2020(the lock on eu deprived workers and the provisions which ecj conditions on a par with the supreme court. Who are these experts are they remainers by any chance?

I repeat we have a government and an opposition in the uk we do not need Europe for workers rights to be upheld."

So just to clarify..you think workers rights here will be improved once we leave the eu?

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

I repeat we have a government and an opposition in the uk we do not need Europe for workers rights to be upheld.

They are experts in employment law..but yes their expertise and professionalism should be be questioned in case they voted remain. "

if you cant see everyone has an agenda mate

the ecj ?we are making them redundant in the uk too are you seeing a patern.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

So just to clarify..you think workers rights here will be improved once we leave the eu?"

I believe they wont be eroded as ive said before it would be political suicide.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The express blaming remainers for the shit show

So leavers voted for Brexit

Leavers voted for the gmnt

Leavers voted for boris

Brexiteers wrote the withdrawal agreement and led the negotiations

But remainers are to blame.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So just to clarify..you think workers rights here will be improved once we leave the eu?I believe they wont be eroded as ive said before it would be political suicide. "

It's never bothered them before

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

So just to clarify..you think workers rights here will be improved once we leave the eu?I believe they wont be eroded as ive said before it would be political suicide.

It's never bothered them before "

Why has the gov increased the minimum wage since we left the eu then? this doesnt seem to fit in with your theory.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So just to clarify..you think workers rights here will be improved once we leave the eu?I believe they wont be eroded as ive said before it would be political suicide.

It's never bothered them before Why has the gov increased the minimum wage since we left the eu then? this doesnt seem to fit in with your theory."

We have been over this before

The tories didn't even want to bring in the minimum wage..they argued it would lead to job cuts.

Labour brought it in..in 1998

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's never bothered them before Why has the gov increased the minimum wage since we left the eu then? this doesnt seem to fit in with your theory."

Workers rights are not all about the minimum wage,

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's never bothered them before Why has the gov increased the minimum wage since we left the eu then? this doesnt seem to fit in with your theory.

The tories didn't even want to bring in the minimum wage..they argued it would lead to job cuts.

Labour brought it in..in 1998"

Not the EU then?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The trade union act 2016

Yep we are safe in their hands.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

It's never bothered them before Why has the gov increased the minimum wage since we left the eu then? this doesnt seem to fit in with your theory.

Labour brought it in..in 1998"

you keep on about history if they didnt like it why have they not abolished it yet/

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Workers rights are not all about the minimum wage, "

Come on give me some facts good to see you back.

What workers rights are you worried about now we are out?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The trade union act 2016

Yep we are safe in their hands."

If people were so concerned about that Act then the Tories would have been kicked out in 2017 or 2019 wouldn't they

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Labour brought it in..in 1998you keep on about history if they didnt like it why have they not abolished it yet/"

Ha ha ha

Absolutely

Fucking

Priceless

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Labour brought it in..in 1998you keep on about history if they didnt like it why have they not abolished it yet/

Ha ha ha

Absolutely

Fucking

Priceless"

Not got a logical reason why i take it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't remember what the trade union 2016 act was about to be honest. But weren't we in the EU then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Workers rights are not all about the minimum wage, Come on give me some facts good to see you back.

What workers rights are you worried about now we are out?"

Limits on working hours

Parental leave

Maternity rights

Health and safety

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Labour brought it in..in 1998you keep on about history if they didnt like it why have they not abolished it yet/

Ha ha ha

Absolutely

Fucking

PricelessNot got a logical reason why i take it?"

So let's get this right..they bitterly opposed bringing in the minimum wage..they have opposed the higher national living wage..but they deserve credit for not scrapping it?

Reply privately

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

Not quite right. At the moment we have chumocracy, not really a government. They are quite happy to break the ( international ) law.

They care not one iota about workers, workers rights or anything other than making a quick buck at someone's expense.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not quite right. At the moment we have chumocracy, not really a government. They are quite happy to break the ( international ) law.

They care not one iota about workers, workers rights or anything other than making a quick buck at someone's expense."

So Labour are chums with the Tories and it's pointless voting for Labour?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I can't remember what the trade union 2016 act was about to be honest. But weren't we in the EU then? "

We were talking about the gmnt protecting workers rights

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't remember what the trade union 2016 act was about to be honest. But weren't we in the EU then?

We were talking about the gmnt protecting workers rights"

I thought we were talking about being in the EU means protecting workers rights?

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Workers rights are not all about the minimum wage, Come on give me some facts good to see you back.

Limits on working hours

Parental leave

Maternity rights

Health and safety

"

right so what health and safety regs have the tories reduced ?

i think you will find parental leave has increased under the tories not sure what you are worried about maternity rights can you go into more detail also on working hours?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I can't remember what the trade union 2016 act was about to be honest. But weren't we in the EU then?

I thought we were talking about being in the EU means protecting workers rights? "

Costa was saying we dont need the eu as tories protect workers rights.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Limits on working hours

Parental leave

Maternity rights

Health and safety

i think you will find parental leave has increased under the tories not sure what you are worried about maternity rights can you go into more detail also on working hours? "

Introduced in the UK in 1998, the EU’s working time regulations mean employees cannot be forced to work more than an average of 48 hours a week. Workers can choose to opt out, and there are some exceptions - including emergency service workers, soliders, servants in private households and fishermen - but this EU law helps stop bosses forcing their employees to work unhealthy hours. It also prevents young people being exploited by stating workers under the age of 18 cannot work more than eight hours a day or 40 hours a week. The UK government resisted the controversial working time laws during EU negotiations and a future government could amend them.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Limits on working hours

Parental leave

Maternity rights

Health and safety

i think you will find parental leave has increased under the tories not sure what you are worried about maternity rights can you go into more detail also on working hours?

Introduced in the UK in 1998, the EU’s working time regulations mean employees cannot be forced to work more than an average of 48 hours a week. Workers can choose to opt out, and there are some exceptions - including emergency service workers, soliders, servants in private households and fishermen - but this EU law helps stop bosses forcing their employees to work unhealthy hours. It also prevents young people being exploited by stating workers under the age of 18 cannot work more than eight hours a day or 40 hours a week. The UK government resisted the controversial working time laws during EU negotiations and a future government could amend them.

"

Dont we work the longest hours in Europe?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Limits on working hours

Parental leave

Maternity rights

Health and safety

Dont we work the longest hours in Europe?"

What? We're all fuckin about on here

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

I thought we were talking about being in the EU means protecting workers rights?

"

I am saying we have an elected government every 5 years who are quiet capable of looking after uk citizens rights and if they reduced them they wouldnt get elected again.be it tories ,liberals or labour.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

i would love to know the thinking behind why you think an mep from hungary for example would give more of a fuck about a British worker than that persons mp who is going to stand their corner in the house and know if they dont they wont get re elected.

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Passport runs out in May, not looking forward to receiving one of those naff black passports. Prefer the burgundy European union colour. But brexiters have got what they wanted. And at least I can hold my head up high that we didn't make this country goes tits up. "

You can easily get a burgundy passport cover, there's a few on ebay.

You're welcome

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i would love to know the thinking behind why you think an mep from hungary for example would give more of a fuck about a British worker than that persons mp who is going to stand their corner in the house and know if they dont they wont get re elected."

I doubt the likes of JRM gives a shit about workers rights, he would still get re elected no matter what he did .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Passport runs out in May, not looking forward to receiving one of those naff black passports. Prefer the burgundy European union colour. But brexiters have got what they wanted. And at least I can hold my head up high that we didn't make this country goes tits up.

You're welcome"

Where are the new UK passports made?

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Passport runs out in May, not looking forward to receiving one of those naff black passports. Prefer the burgundy European union colour. But brexiters have got what they wanted. And at least I can hold my head up high that we didn't make this country goes tits up.

You're welcome

Where are the new UK passports made? "

They are being printed in Poland

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're welcome

They are being printed in Poland"

Amazing

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

You're welcome

They are being printed in Poland

Amazing "

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Tories..fearless protector of workers rights and conditions

I genuinely think ive heard it all now.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2017/11/7-times-tories-let-down-british-workers-and-why-they-won-t-protect-you-now

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Tories..fearless protector of workers rights and conditions

I genuinely think ive heard it all now."

You dont seem to have any faith in your party .

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

I am saying we have an elected government every 5 years who are quiet capable of looking after uk citizens rights and if they reduced them they wouldnt get elected again.be it tories ,liberals or labour."

The Tories would get elected again because there are plenty of people like you who will defend anything they do the hilt.

The Tories could announce tomorrow a strip back on workers rights and you'd be on here saying what a good idea it is.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

I am saying we have an elected government every 5 years who are quiet capable of looking after uk citizens rights and if they reduced them they wouldnt get elected again.be it tories ,liberals or labour.

The Tories would get elected again because there are plenty of people like you who will defend anything they do the hilt.

The Tories could announce tomorrow a strip back on workers rights and you'd be on here saying what a good idea it is. "

Would i ?you seem to assume a lot .I still want to know what rights they have devalued and which ones they are going to.All i am getting is they can.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Tories could announce tomorrow a strip back on workers rights and you'd be on here saying what a good idea it is. Would i ?you seem to assume a lot .I still want to know what rights they have devalued and which ones they are going to.All i am getting is they can. "

The tories are capable of anything, they recently voted against giving children free meals during the school holidays, they wouldn’t think twice about trying to erode workers rights

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

The Tories could announce tomorrow a strip back on workers rights and you'd be on here saying what a good idea it is. Would i ?you seem to assume a lot .I still want to know what rights they have devalued and which ones they are going to.All i am getting is they can.

The tories are capable of anything, they recently voted against giving children free meals during the school holidays, they wouldn’t think twice about trying to erode workers rights "

Remind me what the outcome of that was again?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Tories could announce tomorrow a strip back on workers rights and you'd be on here saying what a good idea it is. Would i ?you seem to assume a lot .I still want to know what rights they have devalued and which ones they are going to.All i am getting is they can.

The tories are capable of anything, they recently voted against giving children free meals during the school holidays, they wouldn’t think twice about trying to erode workers rights Remind me what the outcome of that was again?"

They did a spectacular U turn ,

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

There was someone one here a while ago arguing that having a worker representative on the board was 'marxist'

That's the type of mentality you are dealing with.

As for them valuing workers,look what they have done with the public sector, the people who actually work for them,over the past decade.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

The tories are capable of anything, they recently voted against giving children free meals during the school holidays, they wouldn’t think twice about trying to erode workers rights Remind me what the outcome of that was again?

They did a spectacular U turn , "

Correct thank you for confirming what i have been saying all along. How did the eu make that happen exactly?

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"There was someone one here a while ago arguing that having a worker representative on the board was 'marxist'

As for them valuing workers,look what they have done with the public sector, the people who actually work for them,over the past decade. "

What 1 peson says that so all tories think that way? have a word with yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

The tories are capable of anything, they recently voted against giving children free meals during the school holidays, they wouldn’t think twice about trying to erode workers rights Remind me what the outcome of that was again?

They did a spectacular U turn , Correct thank you for confirming what i have been saying all along. How did the eu make that happen exactly?"

Finally!

Reply privately

over a year ago

They did a spectacular U turn , Correct thank you for confirming what i have been saying all along. How did the eu make that happen exactly?"

They didn’t, I don’t recall saying they did?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"There was someone one here a while ago arguing that having a worker representative on the board was 'marxist'

As for them valuing workers,look what they have done with the public sector, the people who actually work for them,over the past decade. What 1 peson says that so all tories think that way? have a word with yourself "

There have been countless remarks along those lines anything remotely left wing is seen as radical

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

They did a spectacular U turn , Correct thank you for confirming what i have been saying all along. How did the eu make that happen exactly?

They didn’t, I don’t recall saying they did? "

Exactly so now you can see how a democratic Britain works and that if a government gets it wrong they are soon put in their place and have to do the right thing.I hope this alleviates all your workers rights fears.we can now at least put that to bed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They did a spectacular U turn , Correct thank you for confirming what i have been saying all along. How did the eu make that happen exactly?

They didn’t, I don’t recall saying they did? Exactly so now you can see how a democratic Britain works and that if a government gets it wrong they are soon put in their place and have to do the right thing.I hope this alleviates all your workers rights fears.we can now at least put that to bed. "

Nope, the opposite, why can’t they make the right decision without having to be pressured by a premier league footballer ? If this is an example of good governance then god help us

Reply privately

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. "

O dear, what a farce

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. "
He actually said they would drop it if they got a deal as it would be of no use anyway.But dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. He actually said they would drop it if they got a deal as it would be of no use anyway.But dont let the facts get in the way of a good story. "

So we have a deal??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. He actually said they would drop it if they got a deal as it would be of no use anyway.But dont let the facts get in the way of a good story. "

Farage isn’t happy about it

Reply privately

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

They didn’t, I don’t recall saying they did? Exactly so now you can see how a democratic Britain works and that if a government gets it wrong they are soon put in their place and have to do the right thing.I hope this alleviates all your workers rights fears.we can now at least put that to bed.

Nope, the opposite, why can’t they make the right decision without having to be pressured by a premier league footballer ? If this is an example of good governance then god help us "

Reply privately

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

They care not one iota about workers, workers rights or anything other than making a quick buck at someone's expense.

So Labour are chums with the Tories and it's pointless voting for Labour? "

Please read the post again

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. He actually said they would drop it if they got a deal as it would be of no use anyway.But dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

So we have a deal?? "

No its an agreement outside the trade deal which means the uk can ditch the clauses as they will not now be needed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Please read the post again"

Please read the post before yours

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. He actually said they would drop it if they got a deal as it would be of no use anyway.But dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Farage isn’t happy about it "

Is he ever happy about anything? he has served his purpose and what he thinks is irrelevant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Farage isn’t happy about it Is he ever happy about anything? he has served his purpose and what he thinks is irrelevant. "

True, he has a lot of support though, if Boris fucks this up I can see him losing voters to Farage abs whatever shitty party he is leader off

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why would we keep an EU law if we leave? This also does not mean we can't or wouldnt put something in place that is similar just not using any associated EU links.

Some people really do have a strange idea that were going into the dark ages by cutting our bond as membership. Wake up, new legislation will be put in place to protect our workers and those more qualified than you or I will be working on that no doubt.

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Passport runs out in May, not looking forward to receiving one of those naff black passports. Prefer the burgundy European union colour. But brexiters have got what they wanted. And at least I can hold my head up high that we didn't make this country goes tits up. "
I got a new passport a year ago it is maroon quite upset about it

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Why would we keep an EU law if we leave? This also does not mean we can't or wouldnt put something in place that is similar just not using any associated EU links.

Some people really do have a strange idea that were going into the dark ages by cutting our bond as membership. Wake up, new legislation will be put in place to protect our workers and those more qualified than you or I will be working on that no doubt."

True but the fake news about leaving is well believed by remoaners sadly

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Its a game of poker I said months ago it would not happen cannot believe how gullible people are it part of the plan make a concession on something that was never going to be great tactics.Boris is smarter than most you know

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. Its a game of poker I said months ago it would not happen cannot believe how gullible people are it part of the plan make a concession on something that was never going to be great tactics.Boris is smarter than most you know"

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. Its a game of poker I said months ago it would not happen cannot believe how gullible people are it part of the plan make a concession on something that was never going to be great tactics.Boris is smarter than most you know"

Than most what?

Serial liars, philanderers, plagiarists, opportunists..

Probably more less than admirable traits too ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Farage isn’t happy about it "

Ah well..

Every cloud eh..

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Some people really do have a strange idea that were going into the dark ages by cutting our bond as membership. Wake up, new legislation will be put in place to protect our workers and those more qualified than you or I will be working on that no doubt."

Hit the nail on the head there,im surprised ive not heard anything about them stuffing kids up chimneys now we are out.

Reply privately

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. Its a game of poker I said months ago it would not happen cannot believe how gullible people are it part of the plan make a concession on something that was never going to be great tactics.Boris is smarter than most you know

Than most what?

Probably more less than admirable traits too .."

he's the king of dither and delay !

Reply privately

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

Please read the post before yours"

I did

It was a thumbs up

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

good to see Iceland , Norway and Switzerland are happy to carry on trading with the uk.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"The government says that they will drop the clause in the internal market bill. Back tracking Johnson getting scared considering he had all those dates in place for a deal to be done. Its a game of poker I said months ago it would not happen cannot believe how gullible people are it part of the plan make a concession on something that was never going to be great tactics.Boris is smarter than most you know

Than most what?

Probably more less than admirable traits too ..he's the king of dither and delay ! "

Is there any hard proof that the UK will reduce workers rights or just opinions

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

Probably more less than admirable traits too ..he's the king of dither and delay !

Is there any hard proof that the UK will reduce workers rights or just opinions"

Just the usual left wing paranoia mate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Please read the post before yours

I did

It was a thumbs up"

Whatever

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

Probably more less than admirable traits too ..he's the king of dither and delay !

Is there any hard proof that the UK will reduce workers rights or just opinions"

They now have the option to. Where they didn't before.

People like Tim Martin put a lot of money into the Brexit campaigns on the hope that this would be the case.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

People like Tim Martin put a lot of money into the Brexit campaigns on the hope that this would be the case."

Whats he going to do cut barmaids wages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"good to see Iceland , Norway and Switzerland are happy to carry on trading with the uk. "

Wow, better than the deals we already had?

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Than most what?

People like Tim Martin put a lot of money into the Brexit campaigns on the hope that this would be the case."

We have the option too does not equal we will. Is there any hard proof

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

People like Tim Martin put a lot of money into the Brexit campaigns on the hope that this would be the case.Whats he going to do cut barmaids wages. "

You'd have to ask him.

If there is one business owner who I am confident of finding a way to further fuck over his employees, it's him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

People like Tim Martin put a lot of money into the Brexit campaigns on the hope that this would be the case.

We have the option too does not equal we will. Is there any hard proof"

I agree. But having the option to remove workers rights is hardly a brexit benefit is it?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

I agree. But having the option to remove workers rights is hardly a brexit benefit is it?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU."

yeah they also have their finger on the nuclear button it doesnt mean they will press it.Just carry on with your paranoia.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

We have the option too does not equal we will. Is there any hard proof"

There is no hard proof at this present moment in time mate, this is just pure speculation at the moment, nothing has changed regarding employment or environmental laws or any thing else for that matter. They can't change nothing like this until after the transition period ends as the UK still has to abide by EU laws until then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

There is no hard proof at this present moment in time mate, this is just pure speculation at the moment, nothing has changed regarding employment or environmental laws or any thing else for that matter. They can't change nothing like this until after the transition period ends as the UK still has to abide by EU laws until then."

Yeah. For sure.

I don't know who you're arguing with. No one is suggesting this has already happened. As far as I know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU.yeah they also have their finger on the nuclear button it doesnt mean they will press it.Just carry on with your paranoia."

Paranoia? Are you suggesting that we're not leaving the EU and that the government will still have to keep our workers rights?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

Not that I've read anywhere other than what Karen keeps saying. I've yet to meet Karen but when I do I'll have a pint with her and try and get to the bottom of what drives her theories.

My thinking is fear of not knowing and not having answers she wants to support her thinking.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU.yeah they also have their finger on the nuclear button it doesnt mean they will press it.Just carry on with your paranoia.

Paranoia? Are you suggesting that we're not leaving the EU and that the government will still have to keep our workers rights?

"

I would imagine that all laws will be transferred initially into uk law and then the bits they want to either delete or amend will be voted on in the hoc as they should be.Do you believe that on the 1st of jan there will be none and they are going to start again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

There is no hard proof at this present moment in time mate, this is just pure speculation at the moment, nothing has changed regarding employment or environmental laws or any thing else for that matter. They can't change nothing like this until after the transition period ends as the UK still has to abide by EU laws until then.

Yeah. For sure.

I don't know who you're arguing with. No one is suggesting this has already happened. As far as I know."

I am not arguing with anyone, don't start accusing me of things I have not done again like last time. I was replying to leeroys post above where he asked if what had been said regarding employment laws being watered down was fact or speculation. Nothing more and nothing less.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Apologies Leroy I spelt your name wrong in my post bud.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Apologies Leroy I spelt your name wrong in my post bud."

No probes I've been called worse

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU.yeah they also have their finger on the nuclear button it doesnt mean they will press it.Just carry on with your paranoia.

I would imagine that all laws will be transferred initially into uk law and then the bits they want to either delete or amend will be voted on in the hoc as they should be.Do you believe that on the 1st of jan there will be none and they are going to start again. "

I believe that from 1st January that removing workers rights will be on the table as an option.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

Yeah. For sure.

I don't know who you're arguing with. No one is suggesting this has already happened. As far as I know.

I am not arguing with anyone, don't start accusing me of things I have not done again like last time. I was replying to leeroys post above where he asked if what had been said regarding employment laws being watered down was fact or speculation. Nothing more and nothing less. "

Apologies. I thought you were replying to me.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Than most what?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU."

Thank you for your honesty in that there is no proof only opinion. To me we have many options to do things like raise or lower taxes, start wars ect it does not mean we will. Whatever happens or does not happen the ultimate judge will be the voters

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Than most what?

And I don't have any proof of anything. My point is that the Tories now have the option to do something to further squeeze ordinary people. That they didn't have while we were in the EU.

Thank you for your honesty in that there is no proof only opinion. To me we have many options to do things like raise or lower taxes, start wars ect it does not mean we will. Whatever happens or does not happen the ultimate judge will be the voters"

After its been through Parliament.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

Thank you for your honesty in that there is no proof only opinion. To me we have many options to do things like raise or lower taxes, start wars ect it does not mean we will. Whatever happens or does not happen the ultimate judge will be the voters"

It's my opinion that having the option to reduce workers rights. Is less desired situation for the people of this country, than the government not having the option to reduce these rights.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Than most what?

Not that I've read anywhere other than what Karen keeps saying. I've yet to meet Karen but when I do I'll have a pint with her and try and get to the bottom of what drives her theories.

My thinking is fear of not knowing and not having answers she wants to support her thinking."

Probally something to do with decimating unions.tax breaks for the wealthy,rewarding people who pay fuck all in tax.6 year pay feezes, making it easier to sack people ie cutting red tape.etc etc.but yeah its probally bullshit and they are out giving it all for the average working man

Go boris

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Than most what?

Thank you for your honesty in that there is no proof only opinion. To me we have many options to do things like raise or lower taxes, start wars ect it does not mean we will. Whatever happens or does not happen the ultimate judge will be the voters

It's my opinion that having the option to reduce workers rights. Is less desired situation for the people of this country, than the government not having the option to reduce these rights."

As the government has the option to do many things it does not mean they will. As said I was looking for hard proof as was thinking I missed something. I do however respect your opinion but do not share it

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Lets all think of things they can do but are very unlikely to.This could be a good game.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lets all think of things they can do but are very unlikely to.This could be a good game. "

Get a Canada type deal

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Lets all think of things they can do but are very unlikely to.This could be a good game. "

They had the option not to arrange the vaccine roll out.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Lets all think of things they can do but are very unlikely to.This could be a good game.

Get a Canada type deal "

True the eu fucked that one unless boris bends her over the table after dinner tomorrow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lets all think of things they can do but are very unlikely to.This could be a good game.

Get a Canada type deal True the eu fucked that one unless boris bends her over the table after dinner tomorrow. "

Who fucked it up? Imagine thinking the EU were ever going to allow the UK to get a Canada deal, comedy gold

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Than most what?

Probably more less than admirable traits too .."

Oh dear more totally non objective rubbish from you.

Your mindless hate of Boris because he is taking us out of Europe is getting very very silly

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

They had the option not to furlough millions of people

Reply privately

over a year ago

They will get the easiest deal in history

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

Probably more less than admirable traits too ..Oh dear more totally non objective rubbish from you.

Your mindless hate of Boris because he is taking us out of Europe is getting very very silly"

Glad im not the only one to notice.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

They had the option not to furlough millions of people"

With the albterative plunging the country into total chaos.

Anyway they are getting the money back.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

It's my opinion that having the option to reduce workers rights. Is less desired situation for the people of this country, than the government not having the option to reduce these rights.

As the government has the option to do many things it does not mean they will. As said I was looking for hard proof as was thinking I missed something. I do however respect your opinion but do not share it"

Do you hold the opposite opinion, that it's a good thing that workers rights might be eroded?

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Anyway they are getting the money back."

They had the option and that's the point

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Anyway they are getting the money back."

No they are not when are all the people furloughed paying it back?

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Than most what?

As the government has the option to do many things it does not mean they will. As said I was looking for hard proof as was thinking I missed something. I do however respect your opinion but do not share it

Do you hold the opposite opinion, that it's a good thing that workers rights might be eroded?"

I personally don't think they will. Just my opinion by the way. As I say they have the option to do many things it does not mean they will.they can fire missiles at China because they have that option. Assuming I did not miss it this has not happened. I'm still waiting for anyone with hard proof this is going to happen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

Do you hold the opposite opinion, that it's a good thing that workers rights might be eroded?

I personally don't think they will. Just my opinion by the way. As I say they have the option to do many things it does not mean they will.they can fire missiles at China because they have that option. Assuming I did not miss it this has not happened. I'm still waiting for anyone with hard proof this is going to happen."

It is very difficult to have hard proof of anything happening in politics , for example do you know what’s going to happen with the EU trade talks this week?

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

I personally don't think they will. Just my opinion by the way. As I say they have the option to do many things it does not mean they will.they can fire missiles at China because they have that option. Assuming I did not miss it this has not happened. I'm still waiting for anyone with hard proof this is going to happen.

It is very difficult to have hard proof of anything happening in politics , for example do you know what’s going to happen with the EU trade talks this week? "

Thats true everything is speculation thats why when we discuss something i ask questions as i want to know why you think that way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

It is very difficult to have hard proof of anything happening in politics , for example do you know what’s going to happen with the EU trade talks this week? Thats true everything is speculation thats why when we discuss something i ask questions as i want to know why you think that way."

Which is fair enough, will the government try and erode workers rights ? Who knows? is it easier for them to do this now we have left the EU? yes it is .

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Anyway they are getting the money back.No they are not when are all the people furloughed paying it back?"

They arent

Its coming back in wage freezes etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

I personally don't think they will. Just my opinion by the way. As I say they have the option to do many things it does not mean they will.they can fire missiles at China because they have that option. Assuming I did not miss it this has not happened. I'm still waiting for anyone with hard proof this is going to happen."

But wouldn't it be better for them not to have the option to remove or erode workers rights. Even if you think it's highly unlikely for them to do so?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway they are getting the money back.No they are not when are all the people furloughed paying it back?

They arent

Its coming back in wage freezes etc"

Wage freezes for who?

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

But wouldn't it be better for them not to have the option to remove or erode workers rights. Even if you think it's highly unlikely for them to do so?"

I think its better to have a government that make the rules for the country if you dont like them the next election you can vote them out and get them changed,something that seems virtually impossible with ru rules.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

But wouldn't it be better for them not to have the option to remove or erode workers rights. Even if you think it's highly unlikely for them to do so?I think its better to have a government that make the rules for the country if you dont like them the next election you can vote them out and get them changed,something that seems virtually impossible with ru rules."

Fair enough. Personally I don't care who is making the decisions. As long as they're good decisions.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Anyway they are getting the money back.No they are not when are all the people furloughed paying it back?

They arent

Wage freezes for who? "

The public sector

Reply privately

over a year ago

They arent

Wage freezes for who?

The public sector "

Not all the public sector and though I'd be against wage freezes don't the public sector workers on average earn 13% more than private sector workers? They are always free to join the private sector if they are not happy aren't they?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

They arent

Wage freezes for who?

The public sector

Not all the public sector and though I'd be against wage freezes don't the public sector workers on average earn 13% more than private sector workers? They are always free to join the private sector if they are not happy aren't they? "

Where did you get that 13%figure from?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They arent

Wage freezes for who?

The public sector

Not all the public sector and though I'd be against wage freezes don't the public sector workers on average earn 13% more than private sector workers? They are always free to join the private sector if they are not happy aren't they?

Where did you get that 13%figure from?"

Tinternet

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

They arent

Wage freezes for who?

The public sector

Where did you get that 13%figure from?

Tinternet"

Obvs

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The wealth tax commission have asked for the gmnt to consider a 1% to help pay for the corona crises.

This would raise £260b over 5 years.

The treasury said the wealthy pay their fair share tax.

Absolutely right.Just look at phillip green.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The wealth tax commission have asked for the gmnt to consider a 1% to help pay for the corona crises.

"

So you'd be happy for a pensioner who lives in a house worth more than a million being forced to sell up?

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The wealth tax commission have asked for the gmnt to consider a 1% to help pay for the corona crises.

"

Corbyn policies were well and truly rejected by the electorate why are you still going on about them.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

2 standard redponses

Blame corbyn and expect the the people who worked through the crises to foot the bill.

And people say tories are heartless.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So you'd be happy for a pensioner who lives in a house worth more than a million being forced to sell up? "

Silly question I know.. why would a pensioner need to sell their house?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

If anyone can draw a link between millionaires paying 1% extra on their earnings and jeremy corbyn let us know

Reply privately

over a year ago

So you'd be happy for a pensioner who lives in a house worth more than a million being forced to sell up?

Silly question I know.. why would a pensioner need to sell their house?"

Because the 1% tax would be on assets over a million pounds. How else would you pay that out of a modest or low pension?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Because the 1% tax would be on assets over a million pounds. How else would you pay that out of a modest or low pension? "

The assets on your income once you go over the threshold

So I'll ask again..why would a pensioner be made homeless?

I also find it interesting that you find it quite acceptable for people who supported the country throughout the crises,many of whom earn less than 15k a year,should go through a 7 year pay freeze,meaning a real term loss in about 15%.

Yet its completely wrong for a millionaire to pay an additional 1% a year.

Glad to see you have your priorities right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because the 1% tax would be on assets over a million pounds. How else would you pay that out of a modest or low pension?

I also find it interesting that you find it quite acceptable for people who supported the country throughout the crises,many of whom earn less than 15k a year,should go through a 7 year pay freeze,meaning a real term loss in about 15%.

Glad to see you have your priorities right."

The assets on your income once you go over the threshold - what does that even mean?

And who earns less than 15000 if the minimum wage is 17600?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Glad to see you have your priorities right.

The assets on your income once you go over the threshold - what does that even mean?

And who earns less than 15000 if the minimum wage is 17600?"

The average minimum is just over £15000

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"If anyone can draw a link between millionaires paying 1% extra on their earnings and jeremy corbyn let us know

"

I thought he was your hero and you hang on every word he said,he proposed this in his last election campaign along with another tax on property you have selected memory mate.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55236851

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"If anyone can draw a link between millionaires paying 1% extra on their earnings and jeremy corbyn let us know

I thought he was your hero and you hang on every word he said,he proposed this in his last election campaign along with another tax on property you have selected memory mate."

Actually it's a story on the bbc website today.

Absolutely nothing to do with Jeremy corbyn

But yeah..I'm the one obsessed with him.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Than most what?

But wouldn't it be better for them not to have the option to remove or erode workers rights. Even if you think it's highly unlikely for them to do so?"

If you applied that logic to everything we would not be able to make any decisions. As I say we have many options to do many things. They could double income tax and tripple VAT but does that mean we need a law stopping these things? As no one can provide proof this is going to happen maybe someone can provide hard proof that the EU will not reduce workers rights in the future

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Than most what?

But wouldn't it be better for them not to have the option to remove or erode workers rights. Even if you think it's highly unlikely for them to do so?

If you applied that logic to everything we would not be able to make any decisions. As I say we have many options to do many things. They could double income tax and tripple VAT but does that mean we need a law stopping these things? As no one can provide proof this is going to happen maybe someone can provide hard proof that the EU will not reduce workers rights in the future"

We have enough proof Tories dont give a fuck about workers rights.

Look what they have done with unions.

Still the damage is done now.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

If you applied that logic to everything we would not be able to make any decisions. As I say we have many options to do many things. They could double income tax and tripple VAT but does that mean we need a law stopping these things? As no one can provide proof this is going to happen maybe someone can provide hard proof that the EU will not reduce workers rights in the future

Still the damage is done now."

There was me thinking you would be happy that the eu cant stop a labour party nationalizing everything in site if they ever get in now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Than most what?

If you applied that logic to everything we would not be able to make any decisions. As I say we have many options to do many things. They could double income tax and tripple VAT but does that mean we need a law stopping these things? As no one can provide proof this is going to happen maybe someone can provide hard proof that the EU will not reduce workers rights in the future"

Not everything is equal.

I respect your opinion. Of course.

But I genuinely cannot see any upside to the government now having the option to reduce or erode workers rights.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Than most what?

Not everything is equal.

I respect your opinion. Of course.

But I genuinely cannot see any upside to the government now having the option to reduce or erode workers rights."

Along with the right to do many many other things they have not done. Can the EU reduce workers rights

Reply privately

By *ssexbloke72Man
over a year ago

Poplar

What I cant get my head around is the fact that certain people are unhappy the UK Government is now in charge of making the laws in the country they live in. The same goverment they have the option to vote out at a general election for a new government who may reverse an unpopular law.

But they would rather have an unelected body make any law up that they then have no way of getting rid of?

Some people clearly have no idea what really is better for them and the country.

Reply privately

By *ssexbloke72Man
over a year ago

Poplar

Than most what?

Please explain what you mean?

Because personally I remember being balloted to go on strike, casting my vote to go on strike and then being on strike.

So Lionel don't sprout rubbish about unions not having any power.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What I cant get my head around is the fact that certain people are unhappy the UK Government is now in charge of making the laws in the country they live in. The same goverment they have the option to vote out at a general election for a new government who may reverse an unpopular law.

But they would rather have an unelected body make any law up that they then have no way of getting rid of?

Some people clearly have no idea what really is better for them and the country. "

If the decisions are good. That for me, is more important than the geographical location of the people making them.

We used to have EU elections. And the UK has an unelected house.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What I cant get my head around is the fact that certain people are unhappy the UK Government is now in charge of making the laws in the country they live in. The same goverment they have the option to vote out at a general election for a new government who may reverse an unpopular law.

Some people clearly have no idea what really is better for them and the country. "

Do any new laws in the UK have to be approved and passed by the unelected House of Lords?

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Some people clearly have no idea what really is better for them and the country.

Do any new laws in the UK have to be approved and passed by the unelected House of Lords? "

Technically, No. The HoL is there for scrutiny and amendments, but the HoC can pass laws without their consent.

Reply privately

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Than most what?

You should have travelled on southern rail the last couple of years before the virus,try telling those poor commuters the unions have no power when they went on strike every week.You do talk some crap sometimes .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do any new laws in the UK have to be approved and passed by the unelected House of Lords?

Technically, No. The HoL is there for scrutiny and amendments, but the HoC can pass laws without their consent. "

Not all laws, so technically the unelected HOL can and have stopped laws from being passed

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

The EU council of ministers, Commissioners and parliament are elected.

However because people don’t bother to understand how the democratic process works in the EU they naturally assume it is an unelected body.

By why let the facts get in the way of demonising something you don’t understand.

With a ‘no-deal’ it is likely that food prices will ris. At present there are 4 million people in this country that are in food poverty this is likely to rise with a no deal and push families into food poverty.

I guess that’s clearly a price worth paying for the quasi religious fervour about the retention of the abstract concept of sovereignty. It’s about as sensible as 14th century clerics arguing about the infallibility of the Pope. Never mind we can always strike a free trade deal with Tajikistan or Micronesia.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Than most what?

Still the damage is done now.You should have travelled on southern rail the last couple of years before the virus,try telling those poor commuters the unions have no power when they went on strike every week.You do talk some crap sometimes ."

Every week..god that must have been awful

Every single week?

How long did this go on for?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Than most what?

Still the damage is done now.

Please explain what you mean?

Because personally I remember being balloted to go on strike, casting my vote to go on strike and then being on strike.

So Lionel don't sprout rubbish about unions not having any power."

Where did I say ballots didnt exist?

Try reading about the trade union act of 2016 and educating yourself

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 10/12/20 08:08:44]

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Can you give me 10 laws the EU have passed which our gmnt didnt want and have had a detrimental effect on our lives?

We have been in the eu for years so there must be 100's so any 10 will do.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The EU council of ministers, Commissioners and parliament are elected.

However because people don’t bother to understand how the democratic process works in the EU they naturally assume it is an unelected body.

By why let the facts get in the way of demonising something you don’t understand.

With a ‘no-deal’ it is likely that food prices will ris. At present there are 4 million people in this country that are in food poverty this is likely to rise with a no deal and push families into food poverty.

I guess that’s clearly a price worth paying for the quasi religious fervour about the retention of the abstract concept of sovereignty. It’s about as sensible as 14th century clerics arguing about the infallibility of the Pope. Never mind we can always strike a free trade deal with Tajikistan or Micronesia."

Tesco confirmed yday that in the event of a no deal food prices will rise at least 5%.

Pushing even more people into food poverty

Go boris.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

No they didnt, I heard the quite from the tesco man direct on the news he said they expect the rise to be between 3 and 5 %.

But hey why let the truth get in the way.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"No they didnt, I heard the quite from the tesco man direct on the news he said they expect the rise to be between 3 and 5 %.

But hey why let the truth get in the way."

The one I heard said at least 5% as he said people would have to budget accordingly?

Still the difference between 5% and at least 5% means that it's still good news presumably?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No they didnt, I heard the quite from the tesco man direct on the news he said they expect the rise to be between 3 and 5 %.

But hey why let the truth get in the way."

3 & 5 % increase? is that another Brexit bonus

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

But hey why let the truth get in the way.

3 & 5 % increase? is that another Brexit bonus "

Yeah apparently its only a disaster if its 5.1%

Reply privately

over a year ago

Aren't we (allegedly) already paying 10-20% more due to the fall in the pound? Who noticed that?

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

"Aren't we (allegedly) already paying 10-20% more due to the fall in the pound? Who noticed that? "

So we should all cheer about an extra 3 to 5 percent increase....

Brexit the gift that keeps giving....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Aren't we (allegedly) already paying 10-20% more due to the fall in the pound? Who noticed that?

So we should all cheer about an extra 3 to 5 percent increase....

Brexit the gift that keeps giving.... "

No, we should all take no notice of media/Remainer scaremongering bollox

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Both channel 4 news and Newsnight have ran pieces on the current effect on some that higher food prices are having on those already struggling..

Any further increases will have a further impact..

And for those who voted to leave, don't say that was something voted for..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Channel 4 and Newsnight

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

"Both channel 4 news and Newsnight have ran pieces on the current effect on some that higher food prices are having on those already struggling..

Any further increases will have a further impact..

And for those who voted to leave, don't say that was something voted for..

"

More families in food poverty is obviously a price worth paying for Brexit.

Funny how no brexiteers actually answer this point only deflect.

Reply privately