Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The government and the pandemic.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What are your thoughts on the way they've handled the pandemic?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm sure we're in a better place than the US.

But many things could have been done much better.

Many decisions were made too late.

Personally, I think gov handled it badly because the problem was ignored for the first few weeks.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Splendidly

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

The UK death toll tells exactly how Boris and co handled it

over a year ago

I had to laugh at the Blokes humbug TV interview this morning, condemning the government with his mealy mouthed words,

Stating that the government's response was shambolic. Yeah it can seem like it John, yeah we know, we know.

So what's the answer then ?. Delay it for a week. Oh hang on you.... you party have said the government are slow to react. Which is it ? delay or act immediately. Oh lets sit on the fence and carp about it like we usually do.

over a year ago

"I had to laugh at the Blokes humbug TV interview this morning, condemning the government with his mealy mouthed words,

Stating that the government's response was shambolic. Yeah it can seem like it John, yeah we know, we know.

So what's the answer then ?. Delay it for a week. Oh hang on you.... you party have said the government are slow to react. Which is it ? delay or act immediately. Oh lets sit on the fence and carp about it like we usually do. "

So are you happy with the way the gov has been handling the pandemic or not?

over a year ago

"I had to laugh at the Blokes humbug TV interview this morning, condemning the government with his mealy mouthed words,

So what's the answer then ?. Delay it for a week. Oh hang on you.... you party have said the government are slow to react. Which is it ? delay or act immediately. Oh lets sit on the fence and carp about it like we usually do.

So are you happy with the way the gov has been handling the pandemic or not?"

Not too bad. Why do you ask ? There is no road map for this. I tend to think they are doing their best. If that's not good enough for you then so be it. I have seen your posts on other matters so I do not expect you to agree with me. Some people would, some people wouldn't. It takes all sorts to make a world. 7.5 Billion of us infact.

over a year ago

Let’s face it if the government had come down any harder with lockdowns there are a lot of people who would have been just as belligerent as they are now.

Take a look at all of the parties that have been going on because for some reason us brits seem to think it’s ok to go against the rules that were put in place.

over a year ago

Not too bad. Why do you ask ? There is no road map for this. I tend to think they are doing their best. If that's not good enough for you then so be it. I have seen your posts on other matters so I do not expect you to agree with me. Some people would, some people wouldn't. It takes all sorts to make a world. 7.5 Billion of us infact."

I asked the question in a way that was as plain and unbiased as possible. Your previous statement didn't address the initial question. That's why I asked again.

over a year ago

I was curious how people would respond to such a simple, unbiased question about the matter.

By *exleyboyMan
over a year ago

Erith

Badly, the lockdown should of been a lot earlier maybe 14-21 days.

Dominic Cummings should of been sacked, and still should be, but it seems that the only companies getting contacts are one he and his family or ministers have shares in.

The cabinet should all be singing from the same song sheet.

The handling of the situation in fact has been a joke, and something out of a Carry On Film. Maybe they could make a Carry On Corvic!

over a year ago

The thing that stands out and tells you everything you need to know about the government's initial handling of the pandemic and that is Boris shaking hands with Covid patients.

If he didn't give a fuck about his own health,he certainly wasn't giving a fuck about the nation's!

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I was curious how people would respond to such a simple, unbiased question about the matter."

Aren't most questions unbiased?

What did you think the answers would be?

By *ice__blokeMan
over a year ago

redcar

The thing that stands out and tells you everything you need to know about the government's initial handling of the pandemic and that is Boris shaking hands with Covid patients.

If he didn't give a fuck about his own health,he certainly wasn't giving a fuck about the nation's!

The above is true and does say it all !

That was march i believe, making a point of saying he has been shaking lots of covid patients hands - this isnt mixed messaging by our leader Dom & BoZo the clown it is

Fucked up messaging

over a year ago

Yes the government made mistakes but what about the good points the government did in the lockdown?

By *ice__blokeMan
over a year ago

redcar

Good points. yeh there's a bucket load

Sending thousands of respectable retired-elderly, hospital patients back into care homes. To reinfect everyone - with no testing for 6 weeks.

Not being tested, when we were told they all had been tested.

Is one of the best good points......

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Yes the government made mistakes but what about the good points the government did in the lockdown?"

Furlough was a positive of necessary move

Not sure about many others

By *ice__blokeMan
over a year ago

redcar

Yes paying 70 % of peoples wages was good.

Every self employed person should have got help.

The tax office has everyones name who is Self employed.

over a year ago

Millions of grant's to stop small businesses like pub's ect from going to the wall, a slow step by step back to normal. Extra money for hospitals and local government,yes got things wrong as well.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/07/20 15:01:16]

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Millions of grant's to stop small businesses like pub's ect from going to the wall, a slow step by step back to normal. Extra money for hospitals and local government,yes got things wrong as well. "

Perhaps we should have had enough hospitals in the 1st place?

Extra money for local gmnt?

over a year ago

"Yes the government made mistakes but what about the good points the government did in the lockdown?"

Scratches head...

over a year ago

"Yes the government made mistakes but what about the good points the government did in the lockdown?

Furlough was a positive of necessary move

Not sure about many others "

Yep they had to do furlough....still scratching..

over a year ago

"Millions of grant's to stop small businesses like pub's ect from going to the wall, a slow step by step back to normal. Extra money for hospitals and local government,yes got things wrong as well. "

Clause 17...hhhmmm

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Millions of grant's to stop small businesses like pub's ect from going to the wall, a slow step by step back to normal. Extra money for hospitals and local government,yes got things wrong as well.

Extra money for local gmnt?"

No country in the world has enough hospitals for a pandemic and yes local councils have had extra money to cope.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Millions of grant's to stop small businesses like pub's ect from going to the wall, a slow step by step back to normal. Extra money for hospitals and local government,yes got things wrong as well.

Extra money for local gmnt?No country in the world has enough hospitals for a pandemic and yes local councils have had extra money to cope."

Didn't they say they were going to be build 20 after the election?

over a year ago

Any other thoughts from anybody?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Extra money for local gmnt?No country in the world has enough hospitals for a pandemic and yes local councils have had extra money to cope.

Didn't they say they were going to be build 20 after the election?"

Yes they did we will have to wait and see but in case you havnt noticed there has not been much building going on the last 4 months.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Extra money for local gmnt?No country in the world has enough hospitals for a pandemic and yes local councils have had extra money to cope.

Didn't they say they were going to be build 20 after the election?Yes they did we will have to wait and see but in case you havnt noticed there has not been much building going on the last 4 months."

There hasn't been much hospital building going on in the last 10 years

over a year ago

Not too bad. Why do you ask ? There is no road map for this. I tend to think they are doing their best. If that's not good enough for you then so be it. I have seen your posts on other matters so I do not expect you to agree with me. Some people would, some people wouldn't. It takes all sorts to make a world. 7.5 Billion of us infact."

Idk, Denmark has done better than most places.

Fyi, there is a road map. We've had pandemics before, and history has shown us how to not handle them.

Never before has humanity had artificial intelligence and software able to predict the spread and rate of spread if you have the correct data to input.

They key issue is that the government didn't fully listen, because half the Tory party wanted to pretend it's just a cold a d it's okay to catch it

See Daniel Hanan and Ian Duncan Smith.

Combine that with the fact that as of Dec 2019 the Tories concluded in gutting 90% of our storage for emergency medical equipment and PPE, you can see why we are in a situation where the best most say is, "atleast we're not the US".

over a year ago

Didn't they say they were going to be build 20 after the election?Yes they did we will have to wait and see but in case you havnt noticed there has not been much building going on the last 4 months."

Yes, last minute-ism, the very thing Mr Johnson outlined was an issue with British politics in his unpublished pro-EU draft letter in 2016.

By *ice__blokeMan
over a year ago

redcar

ONS report just out - the first time they'v included international data

UK had the worst response and infections & deaths of the WHOLE OF EUROPE

Bankrupt £ european pariah GREECE TOP

Yes the worst country per head in the population.

Good points ......

By *ice__blokeMan
over a year ago

redcar

From * april - june

over a year ago

I wouldnt call this a pandemic, spanish flu was a pandemic, but yes as others have said, they havent handled it good, they could have done things alot earlier like the distancing.

Post new Message to Thread