Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Starmer and BLM

Jump to newest

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man
over a year ago

salisbury

Since the sacking of RLB earlier this week for her apparent anti-semitism. How's he going to cope now the BLM have said this:

"As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel’s settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades.

FREE PALESTINE."

Loving the use of the word "comrades" btw...

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Since the sacking of RLB earlier this week for her apparent anti-semitism. How's he going to cope now the BLM have said this:

"As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel’s settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades.

FREE PALESTINE."

Loving the use of the word "comrades" btw..."

Probably nothing?

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

He will make statements that criticise the 'current Israeli government policy' and not just generalise using the name Israel.

It is possible to disagree with some thing the Israeli government does and not be anti-Zionic or anti-Semitic.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"He will make statements that criticise the 'current Israeli government policy' and not just generalise using the name Israel.

It is possible to disagree with some thing the Israeli government does and not be anti-Zionic or anti-Semitic."

Apparently not nowadays.

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"He will make statements that criticise the 'current Israeli government policy' and not just generalise using the name Israel.

It is possible to disagree with some thing the Israeli government does and not be anti-Zionic or anti-Semitic.

Apparently not nowadays."

Why not?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Apparently not nowadays.

Why not?"

Well they tried to make any criticism of Israel to be anti semitic last year.

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Apparently not nowadays.

Why not?

Well they tried to make any criticism of Israel to be anti semitic last year."

I think I must have missed that? Who did?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ignorance of Jewish culture is not an excuse for racism.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Apparently not nowadays.

Why not?

I think I must have missed that? Who did?"

An investigation into the american legislature council in oct last year.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Ignorance of Jewish culture is not an excuse for racism."

In what way?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Since the sacking of RLB earlier this week for her apparent anti-semitism. How's he going to cope now the BLM have said this:

FREE PALESTINE."

Cope? What do you want him to do?

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Ignorance of Jewish culture is not an excuse for racism."

??? What in this thread or the topic being discussed has ignored Jewish culture or been racist?

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Apparently not nowadays.

Why not?

An investigation into the american legislature council in oct last year."

Googling now. But at least it was in the US and not here.

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

FREE PALESTINE."

Cope? What do you want him to do? "

I think he should personally stand in the way of the bulldozers. That is well within his sphere of authority as the leader of the opposition in the U.K. Isn't it?

Oh yeah. I forgot. It isn't.

Other than the UK government registering a complaint, (which will be tossed in the nearest bin), we have absolutely no sway or say in way the Israeli government does.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Apparently not nowadays.

Why not?

An investigation into the american legislature council in oct last year.

Googling now. But at least it was in the US and not here."

Have a look at the rlb bailey thread.

There is certainly an issue in this country of anti semitism being exaggerated.

Reply privately

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

FREE PALESTINE."

He should stand shoulder to shoulder with the Palestinians like so many do justly in opposition to this illegal annexation of more of already illegally occupied land by isreal.

There is nothing anti-Semitic about pointing out international law which says this is an illegal act and the west bank and other territories are illegally occupied

Trump is quick to label BLM as terrorists but supports Zionist terrorists

FREE PALESTINE

Reply privately

By *exy7Man
over a year ago

Bristol

FREE PALESTINE."

Since when has this country been interested in foreign policy or putting pressure on any government? The only thing our gvt is interested is our belly button. Have you heard them being bullish with Russia, with Israel, with a China about Hong Kong, with Saudi Arabia?

I can’t see why Starmer should lose sleep over this when the gvt couldn’t care less about it.

Reply privately

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

FREE PALESTINE."

Since when has this country been interested in foreign policy or putting pressure on any government? The only thing our gvt is interested is our belly button. Have you heard them being bullish with Russia, with Israel, with a China about Hong Kong, with Saudi Arabia?

I can’t see why Starmer should lose sleep over this when the gvt couldn’t care less about it. "

I don't know much about Labours history with anti-Semitism but he should speak out because it's the right thing to do

Under international law Israel is an illegal occupier of Palestinian lands

The fact trump has his dirty hands all over this says it all

Also says why Boris is keeping quiet

Knows his place as a shameless lapdog to trump

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

FREE PALESTINE."

I can’t see why Starmer should lose sleep over this when the gvt couldn’t care less about it.

I don't know much about Labours history with anti-Semitism but he should speak out because it's the right thing to do

Under international law Israel is an illegal occupier of Palestinian lands

The fact trump has his dirty hands all over this says it all

Also says why Boris is keeping quiet

Knows his place as a shameless lapdog to trump"

I dont think he has been a vocal critic of isreal in the past.

Probally not a wise move considering what they did to Corbyn

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

Apparently not nowadays.

Why not?

"

By forcing the "Working Definition..." created by the IHRA.

There are some elements of this that make it difficult to separate the State of Israel and Jewishness. It was this that the Labour Party struggled with not so long back.

Reply privately

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Lewisham

Lisa Nandy and Ed Miliband were both vocal yesterday criticising Israel over the West Bank situation. Looks to me like Starmer is being visibly active on perceived antisemitism while still allowing valid criticisms.

Reply privately