FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Scotland going to plan there lockdown exit strategy.

Jump to newest

By *rench letter OP   Couple
over a year ago

Chorley,

Well done Scotland treat everyone like Adults not children like this Tory government are doing.

Be good to know some sort of exit plan.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

whats the detail....

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"whats the detail...."
There was none i watched it a lot of talking then we need more data first so will let you know more in a couple of weeks.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"whats the detail....There was none i watched it a lot of talking then we need more data first so will let you know more in a couple of weeks."

i watched her briefing.

The accompanying document appears to be lots of recap of information we already have been given in the last few weeks, with a broad idea of something and nothing for what happens next.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"whats the detail....There was none i watched it a lot of talking then we need more data first so will let you know more in a couple of weeks.

i watched her briefing.

The accompanying document appears to be lots of recap of information we already have been given in the last few weeks, with a broad idea of something and nothing for what happens next.

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Better to have an apparent pledge than nothing. The governments serve us and should respectfully treat us as adults. My gut feeling is that there's not been much of a plan since January, when the news broke, perhaps apart from the herd immunity fiasco - despite limited evidence of people getting immunity.

The current plan is to probably shift responsibility on to anyone but government. Any scientist is potentially a fall guy in waiting atm.

With the most serious imposition of changes to lives, including deep recession to come, the public should be addressed as adults and with full transparency.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Better to have an apparent pledge than nothing. The governments serve us and should respectfully treat us as adults. My gut feeling is that there's not been much of a plan since January, when the news broke, perhaps apart from the herd immunity fiasco - despite limited evidence of people getting immunity.

The current plan is to probably shift responsibility on to anyone but government. Any scientist is potentially a fall guy in waiting atm.

With the most serious imposition of changes to lives, including deep recession to come, the public should be addressed as adults and with full transparency. "

Piece in the guardian about scientists saying the gmnt just repeat the refrain following the science in order to abdicate responsible

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Scotland has a very definite plan. Probably very different from Westminster. There are some very savvy advisers in Holyrood managing public expectation. I think they have assessed the mood of the people extremely accurately.

over a year ago

They've been talking about easing the lockdown in the islands first to see how that goes, but so far only talk.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

I would imagine that the scenario in Lerwick is far removed from the scenario in London.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Scotland has a very definite plan. Probably very different from Westminster. There are some very savvy advisers in Holyrood managing public expectation. I think they have assessed the mood of the people extremely accurately. "
What definite plan? all she said was a lot of speculation about what might happen.As usual headline grabbing wanting to look like shes on top of things but nothing new.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

On this issue we must act as a united kingdom and if Sturgeon breaks ranks she must be arrested.I do not think she will break ranks to be honest but just likes to cause trouble a nasty bitch

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"On this issue we must act as a united kingdom and if Sturgeon breaks ranks she must be arrested.I do not think she will break ranks to be honest but just likes to cause trouble a nasty bitch"

Why on earth would she be arrested.?

over a year ago

"On this issue we must act as a united kingdom and if Sturgeon breaks ranks she must be arrested.I do not think she will break ranks to be honest but just likes to cause trouble a nasty bitch"

It's a devolved government, Holyrood have every right to make a plan for ending the lockdown.

At least the Scottish government are doing something positive and have a leader with some gumption, unlike the UK government, who haven't a clue how to deal with this crisis other than look for someone to blame, and kill time until the 'great leader' finds the bottle to leave his big fridge in the country.

By *rench letter OP   Couple
over a year ago

Chorley,

She has more idea than the morons in government at the moment.

over a year ago

"On this issue we must act as a united kingdom and if Sturgeon breaks ranks she must be arrested.I do not think she will break ranks to be honest but just likes to cause trouble a nasty bitch

She has more idea than the morons in government at the moment. "

Before describing the government as Morons may be you should take a sheet of paper , list all the cabinet ministers and key advisers and then list their experience and qualifications.

We have a highly educated cabinet with great experience behind them.

They are hardly going to allow the economy to collapse and are no doubt working non stop on an appropriate exit plan.

If proof is needed that the government are not morons, their 80 seat majority is self explanatory.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Like wtf, even for you that's a totally ridiculous thing to even contemplate..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"On this issue we must act as a united kingdom and if Sturgeon breaks ranks she must be arrested.I do not think she will break ranks to be honest but just likes to cause trouble a nasty bitch

She has more idea than the morons in government at the moment. Before describing the government as Morons may be you should take a sheet of paper , list all the cabinet ministers and key advisers and then list their experience and qualifications.

They are hardly going to allow the economy to collapse and are no doubt working non stop on an appropriate exit plan.

If proof is needed that the government are not morons, their 80 seat majority is self explanatory. "

Twaddle Pat, we had experience in the cabinet then Boris as his his right got rid of any that are not rabid Brexiteers..

Patel, sacked previously in the foreign office for meeting other states without running it by the then PM..

Raab, brexit minister till he realised it was above his intellect didn't know how important Dover is to UK plc..

Whilst they are not my party I recognise that there are some people of much greater ability than boris's present lot, chosen only for their stance on a single issue and that is not good for governance by any party..

over a year ago

She has more idea than the morons in government at the moment. Before describing the government as Morons may be you should take a sheet of paper , list all the cabinet ministers and key advisers and then list their experience and qualifications.

If proof is needed that the government are not morons, their 80 seat majority is self explanatory.

Twaddle Pat, we had experience in the cabinet then Boris as his his right got rid of any that are not rabid Brexiteers..

Patel, sacked previously in the foreign office for meeting other states without running it by the then PM..

Raab, brexit minister till he realised it was above his intellect didn't know how important Dover is to UK plc..

Whilst they are not my party I recognise that there are some people of much greater ability than boris's present lot, chosen only for their stance on a single issue and that is not good for governance by any party.. "

However most people would not base their judgement on a few minor mistakes or admin errors. In most situations in life I prefer to weight up the pros and cons and subsequently make a decision based on the facts available at the time that a decision was made.

The electorate appear to have cast their vote using the same criteria .

over a year ago

If proof is needed that the government are not morons, their 80 seat majority is self explanatory. "

Not really, it just proves that a lot of the people who voted for them are morons.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

She has more idea than the morons in government at the moment. "

Disagree 100%

By *lixerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Your attitude is just shocking. She is quoted extensively by friend and foe alike as being a class act at this time. Unlike you. No class at all.

Many, possibly most of us up here, cant wait to liberate you by smashing Westminster when we leave.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

The exist strategy that she talked about is no different to anyone else’s. There are no timescales just general ideas about gradual lifting of lockdown etc.

over a year ago

There can be no timescales. Only a fool would think there would or could be.

The FM’s response has been measured, heartfelt compassionate and impressive.

over a year ago

"The exist strategy that she talked about is no different to anyone else’s. There are no timescales just general ideas about gradual lifting of lockdown etc. "

So you mean apply common sense, review and amend as you go along then update people as and when you have to. Exactly as pretty much every country's goverment is doing. I'm sure people will still find something to moan about

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Not really, it just proves that a lot of the people who voted for them are morons."

over a year ago

Not really, it just proves that a lot of the people who voted for them are morons."

However to most people if the only fault you can find with a party that gained an 80 seat majority is to call people who voted for them morons , it would be considered an exceptional result as you cannot list any constructive criticism and simply use the term moron as you are unable to daily the result of the electorate.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Not really, it just proves that a lot of the people who voted for them are morons. However to most people if the only fault you can find with a party that gained an 80 seat majority is to call people who voted for them morons , it would be considered an exceptional result as you cannot list any constructive criticism and simply use the term moron as you are unable to daily the result of the electorate. "

If you watched some of the clips on brexit day..well let's just say they wont be troubling mensa any time soon.

over a year ago

Not really, it just proves that a lot of the people who voted for them are morons. However to most people if the only fault you can find with a party that gained an 80 seat majority is to call people who voted for them morons , it would be considered an exceptional result as you cannot list any constructive criticism and simply use the term moron as you are unable to daily the result of the electorate. "

I find your blind loyalty to, and faith in the UK government quite touching.

Let's hope for all our sakes that it doesn't turn to disappointment.

Post new Message to Thread