Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Mobile Web App feedback

Enable Video chat for iphone and Ipad

Jump to newest

By *rue Romance OP   Couple
over a year ago

York

Can you make your site so the video chat can be used on iphones and ipads please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Be interesting to see the reply you get from Apple when you ask them to support Flash!

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We are looking at ways of supporting this.

Admin x

over a year ago

York

Not looking at Apple adopting Flash

I am asking that Fabswingers code their video in html5 so that IOS users, of which there are over 1m in the UK, can access the video chat from their Ipads. This view is supported by many if our friends and is increasing

I have been a gold site supporter since joining the site.

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

thought had read there are more android phones out there in the world than iPhones

By *adikeMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Not looking at Apple adopting Flash

I am asking that Fabswingers code their video in html5 so that IOS users, of which there are over 1m in the UK, can access the video chat from their Ipads. This view is supported by many if our friends and is increasing

I have been a gold site supporter since joining the site."

By *adikeMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I am sure I heard adobe are not updating theobile version of flash any more, so I won't be long before flash is not an issue. All mobile Vidio wil be in Htlm5.

By *adikeMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Sod about spelling been for a drink lol

By *oystaMan
over a year ago

Liverpool Tuebrook

Your right there Android phones are out selling iphones

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Excellent news as the flash player won't even work on my iMac ... Love the site but. It enough to travel to the dark side of windows or android

over a year ago

Aren't there alternative browsers you can install that's play flash on apple products?

over a year ago

York

Hi guys

Im not getting drawn into an Andriod vs Iphone battle - both phones are popular, we use what we desire. Irrespective of what format you are using, the fact is that flash is a dying technology and HTML 5 is the future - whether its Apple, Android or Windows. More importantly HMTL 5 uses up less battery that is why Apple dont use it.

Oh and by the way, pretty much everyone we have met through fabs has an Iphone !!!

So developer guys - we pay our Gold membership every month so please repay our loyalty with HTML 5 capability - pretty please .....

By *ush_tushWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

To admin

Does that mean I will be able to use my nokia710 to at least get into chatrooms? I can't at present

over a year ago

Frustrating when the mrs is watching all the fun on her htc , I thought I was being cocky getting an I bloody phone ?

By *rystal denisonWoman
over a year ago

trowbridge

i would also be intrested in being able to use my ipad iphone on the webcam chat room as both have cams on the face of them x

By *rystal denisonWoman
over a year ago

trowbridge

"Hi guys

Im not getting drawn into an Andriod vs Iphone battle - both phones are popular, we use what we desire. Irrespective of what format you are using, the fact is that flash is a dying technology and HTML 5 is the future - whether its Apple, Android or Windows. More importantly HMTL 5 uses up less battery that is why Apple dont use it.

Oh and by the way, pretty much everyone we have met through fabs has an Iphone !!!

So developer guys - we pay our Gold membership every month so please repay our loyalty with HTML 5 capability - pretty please ....."

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Hi guys

So developer guys - we pay our Gold membership every month so please repay our loyalty with HTML 5 capability - pretty please .....

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

We are looking at ways of supporting this.

Admin x

over a year ago

I have plenty of fun using my android phone accessing the chat rooms it would be even better if thr camera on my phone would work in the chat rooms, is this being looked into ?

By *oing to be funMan
over a year ago

Newport and Murcia, Spain

Hi Admin,

Can youu let all of us iPad users have an update on your progress re the flash issue and iPad or iPhones please

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Hi Admin,

Can youu let all of us iPad users have an update on your progress re the flash issue and iPad or iPhones please"

We still plan to support this but it is not a short-term project

There are quite a few work-arounds available for ipad e.g. iswifter/skyfire browsers worth a try

Admin x

over a year ago

I like it. Yes please for the HTML5

By *uckknowsMan
over a year ago

here

Soon as poss please xxx

By *artina69Couple
over a year ago

WOLVERHAMPTON

has anybody managed to view cams on an iphone yet wou;d be good to do this.if anybody has done it would be good if you could explain how thanks

By *artina69Couple
over a year ago

WOLVERHAMPTON

what phones work on fab i would like to view cams and cant on iphone

over a year ago

A simplified chat for android would be good Though chat is attainable (on my galaxy s2) control and scrolling of the windows is a nightmare. Particularly when trying to resize text.

over a year ago

Hey guys the I swifter app works for chat so you can view cams,, need to find away to attach and dock in the iPad cam....anyone know how?

over a year ago

If your an iPhone user, download a free browser called puffin free. It's in the app store and it will let you view web cams in the chat room !

over a year ago

Can confirm puffin works on iphone for viewing cams in chat room!

over a year ago

It will work on iPad as well !

By *northernsoulMan
over a year ago

Manchester

HTML5 is all very well, but older versions of both iOS and Android have rather sketchy support for for video features, even if Fab were to replace Flash with WebRTC, etc.

By *aughty bi-TVTV/TS
over a year ago

lincoln

I can confirm puffin does indeed allow you to view cams, but NOT to show your cam !

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/08/12 13:48:46]

over a year ago

As Adobe is pulling development on flash player for mobile devices, if Fab want to allow cam access on their mobile site they will need to adopt another format.

This maybe a positive development for Apple users in the future

over a year ago

how about general support for the majority of phones....

iphone...blackberry....mine is a windows phine running wm 6.5..

be great to support all these

over a year ago

"Hi guys

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

I concur we need it now ..

Saying that if you jailbrack the iPhone you can down load flash

By *holoblk007Man
over a year ago

London/Bedford/Northampton/Brighton/Glasgow/Manchester

I agree if the format changes to HTML 5 it will enable us to use our devices to its full capability

By *holoblk007Man
over a year ago

London/Bedford/Northampton/Brighton/Glasgow/Manchester

HTML 5 is the only way to support this

Post new Message to Thread