Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What about a text alert when your close to stab member

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Is that to alert someone you are about to commit harm to someone??

over a year ago

Pmsl. Bloody phone...

A text when someone on fab is close by lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's a good idea, some privacy concerns but obviously it would be opt in.

I like that idea a lot!

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Why not just look at who's on nearby?

over a year ago

My thoughts exactly Sally

over a year ago

I think the search only does 1/4 mile.

If a text was when someone was closer say 100 ft or even closer. I always wonder when I’m in a pub or having a meal out if anyone in the room was on fab.

Just s thought

By *hilledout-coupleCouple
over a year ago

telford

"I think the search only does 1/4 mile.

If a text was when someone was closer say 100 ft or even closer. I always wonder when I’m in a pub or having a meal out if anyone in the room was on fab.

Just s thought"

exactly what we do when out and about

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Awful idea. Just because I’m in the vicinity doesn’t mean I want to be approached or am looking for a meet. Why do you need to know? How does it benefit you? I would be furious if someone identified me as a swinger while I was sitting in a pub or restaurant with vanilla friends - or even with swinging friends for that matter.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think it's generally a poor idea, for the invasion of privacy and potential dangers that it could cause.

It's generally worth assuming that if people want contact in person, they may be approachable in a club or otherwise you could approach people generally within a sub-10 mile or so area. Many people also prefer not to reveal accurate details of their home/work locations, as there have been incidents of stalking and worse in the past.

over a year ago

Too invasive of privacy. As we tend to log on together on phones we'd be 'pinging' all the time because the other was eight feet away!!

By *traightguy83Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen/visiting

I can see for security reasons why you wouldn’t want people knowing of your location and how close you can be to them I feel however that this could be done in a different way like but do it would tell you if you bumped into someone not disclosing usual names but then again I think it would be better as a opt in or out service and a delayed service so it didn’t tell you straight away that you had bumped into someone at least half an hour to an hour delay

By *traightguy83Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen/visiting

If you are a site supporter you would know the person or couples username but under no circumstances would you know of the location from anywhere it would only tell you that you have bumped into them and say supporters would know names

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

" I can see for security reasons why you wouldn’t want people knowing of your location and how close you can be to them I feel however that this could be done in a different way like but do it would tell you if you bumped into someone not disclosing usual names but then again I think it would be better as a opt in or out service and a delayed service so it didn’t tell you straight away that you had bumped into someone at least half an hour to an hour delay "

And the point in that would be?

I think the current "Who's Near" facility is more than adequate for those that choose to use it - protects people's privacy completely and allows you to message those who are near and them to respond if they choose to do so. Not sure how you could improve on that system without invasi0n of privacy concerns to be honest.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

God, what an awful idea. No way would I want people to know if I was that close. 1/4 mile is more than adequate thanks. Having that facility would be like a dream come true for stalkers or nutters from here. I certainly wouldn't want to be approached in public either.

Post new Message to Thread