Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Mobile Web App feedback

Read messages keep stating unread

Jump to newest

By *rog OP   Man
over a year ago

Halifax

Every time i read my messages when I'm on my smartphone, then go back to browsing, it always states that the (same) messages are unread.

This is odd and really annoying. If I actually go into messages it says that the messages have been read, BUT, they are still marked as unread on the top taskbar, unless I delete them - which I don't always want to do.

Anyone else get this issue, and any known resolution?

Thanks in advance for any help / info.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

What browser are you using?

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you go 'back' in your browser?

If I have an unread message, read it, then press 'back' to go back to where I was, the unread icon stays lit. When I refresh it disappears again - I'm on an IPhone.

over a year ago

Just click on "home" before you go back to messages....sorted!

over a year ago

Delete cookies etc on your browser. Its saving the page before you read them, which appears as of youve never read them.

By *rog OP   Man
over a year ago

Halifax

Hello again and thanks for the replies.

@ _j_mark:

I am using the new-ish CM Browser for Android, which is great but I think there appears to be a few bug-fixes to be sorted and teething problems with it.

Regarding the replies from DanBerks:

I have tried clicking on "home" before going back to messages. That definitely doesn't sort it.

...and nobbynobbs:

If I have an unread message, read it, then press 'back' to go back to where I was, the unread icon stays lit. Yeah, that's the case here too BUT, when I refresh it, it doesn't disappear again - unfortunately.

...and lincolnbuddy:

I totally get what you're saying re: clearing my cache / cookies. I'll re-try that one, only I wasn't expecting to have to clear it each time I want to read / unread new messages on Fab each time I'm on the mobile app.

I'm guessing it's definitely a glitch with CM Browser as opposed to Fabswingers / Fabguys.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

By *rog OP   Man
over a year ago

Halifax

Hhmmm, I emailed the developers at CM and they said that it's probably a site-related issue.

Nay worries, I'll just have to use Chrome when browsing Fabswingers I guess.

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Hhmmm, I emailed the developers at CM and they said that it's probably a site-related issue.

Nay worries, I'll just have to use Chrome when browsing Fabswingers I guess. "

This is a problem with the CM browser and we would strongly advise against using

Admin x

over a year ago

I've had the exact same issue. And with the exact same browser. In attempting to clear it I managed to delete all my messages, and that sucked as I had a few people I was planning to meet.

I've swapped browsers myself and don't appear to have the glitch anymore.

Post new Message to Thread