Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Mobile Web App feedback

how accurate is the near me.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've asked a couple of people that come up on it whether they are within the stated distance but not had any replys.

Some profiles come up saying 'within half a mile'! That's quite close if its a good reading!

Anyone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Half a mile is as close as the site owners and most fabbers want it. in our experience its very accurate

over a year ago

"I've asked a couple of people that come up on it whether they are within the stated distance but not had any replys.

Some profiles come up saying 'within half a mile'! That's quite close if its a good reading!

Anyone?"

Because proximity is no reason to meet if there is nothing else.

over a year ago

Very accurate from our experience lol!

over a year ago

Mine doesn't work.

over a year ago

If the person has put in the correct postcode then it is very accurate.

By *dultfunscotland2000Man
over a year ago

SW Scotland

It seems accurate enough. Been on some sites where it narrows it down much much more.

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"If the person has put in the correct postcode then it is very accurate."
The "Who's Near" function works from your phone's GPS location, not the Post Code that you registered with.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

The closest it gives is half a mile, have tested it,with a couple who,s husband works at same company as me,and the husband.of another coupLe who works with wife,I would not want it to be any nearer than that

over a year ago

It works on the gps of your mobile, so if your both on mobile it will give you a true distance but if they are not on mobile it will give you distance to the postcode they entered x

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

I have sat in next room,off the guy who works at same company as me,and gives, within half a mile,,we met him at a swinging party

over a year ago

You wouldn't want it to show within 10m of you and know your swinving neigbours would you? Lol.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"If the person has put in the correct postcode then it is very accurate.The "Who's Near" function works from your phone's GPS location, not the Post Code that you registered with."

Not when someone opts out of that.

I don't allow this site to know my location so it defaults to the postcode i entered. I don't live at the postcode entered so with respect to my profile its wayyyyy out

over a year ago

Doesn't work that well for us (possibly because I have a Blackberry and they are shite!)

I have often been in a different city, and it shows people from Bristol being near, then when I do getback to Bristol it shows people from the city I have been to as being near!

over a year ago

"You wouldn't want it to show within 10m of you and know your swinving neigbours would you? Lol. "

That's what I was thinkinking lol half a mile is fine as I am quite remote in those distance respects.

Cheers for the replies people

over a year ago

Found someone in next street to me and local pub so definitely accurate in my case lol

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"The "Who's Near" function works from your phone's GPS location, not the Post Code that you registered with.

Not when someone opts out of that.

I don't allow this site to know my location so it defaults to the postcode i entered. I don't live at the postcode entered so with respect to my profile its wayyyyy out "

I may be wrong, but, as far as I know, the "Who's Near" function only shows users who are on the mobile site and have switched the "Who's Near" on. So, you'd never show up.

The "Distance" shown on your profile is a different matter.

over a year ago

I think half a mile is plenty accurate enough, not to keen on having a stalkers tool on the site

over a year ago

"I think half a mile is plenty accurate enough, not to keen on having a stalkers tool on the site "

Totally agree.

over a year ago

From my experience I think the within half a mile is quite accurate

over a year ago

I normally double what it tells me...seems to be alot closer then...

over a year ago

As a couple we obviously both view the site, to read messages etc. Has been known to get confusing sometimes, especially when 'he's' on the other side of the country . .

over a year ago

Mine doesn't work

Post new Message to Thread