Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Mobile Web App feedback

"Already sent message" warning.

Jump to newest

By *ernow1982 OP   Man
1 week ago

Plymouth

Just wanted to comment on how great this little function is!

I have a bad memory at times and often delete messages after a certain amount of time has passed. So having that little reminder of who I've already contacted is a very handy thing indeed!

Nice one for adding such a useful function. 😁

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *onnynclaireCouple
1 week ago

Reading

Yet still a lot of people (mainly men) will ignore and chance it anyways. Thats when we have to hit the block tab

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

1 week ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Just wanted to comment on how great this little function is!

I have a bad memory at times and often delete messages after a certain amount of time has passed. So having that little reminder of who I've already contacted is a very handy thing indeed!

Nice one for adding such a useful function. 😁"

It's been around forever. Good that some still notice it though, as it seems to appear in invisible ink to others. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

By *ernow1982 OP   Man
1 week ago

Plymouth

Ah, that's a shame some choose to ignore it. But at least the function is there, for those who do.

Hadn't seen it before today and went "Oh, that's neat" as I've not seen the same thing anywhere else.

Shows that a good amount of effort has been put into the site, with little things like that. I'd wager most wouldn't think of adding such a thing.

By *uliette500Woman
7 days ago

Hull

It's great for filtering when people message me and try to tell me we have spoken before. I can tell straight away that we haven't.

By *KissSoundsNiceMan
7 days ago

St Albans

[Removed by poster at 12/09/24 19:52:50]

By *KissSoundsNiceMan
7 days ago

St Albans

The mechanics of the Web site makes this impractical.

Hear me out... Look at this case scenario.

A girl gets 300 messages a day. Let's assume, this girl is normal, who has a life outside Fab, and only checks twice a day.

If you send the msg right after she checks, by the time she checks again later, your message have been send all the way down, where she can not even see it. As the number of available msgs is only like 80.

If the girl get someone spamming her, she just needs to block him/her.

BTW: I know girls that get many more msgs a day. This number is just as an example.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

7 days ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"The mechanics of the Web site makes this impractical.

Hear me out... Look at this case scenario.

A girl gets 300 messages a day. Let's assume, this girl is normal, who has a life outside Fab, and only checks twice a day.

If you send the msg right after she checks, by the time she checks again later, your message have been send all the way down, where she can not even see it. As the number of available msgs is only like 80.

If the girl get someone spamming her, she just needs to block him/her.

BTW: I know girls that get many more msgs a day. This number is just as an example."

So you wait til she works through messages and gets to yours.

Or you wait for others to contact you.

🤷‍♂️

By *KissSoundsNiceMan
7 days ago

St Albans

You can't once the msg goes beyond the limit it gets lost.

Especially, if the rate of delete vs new ones is high. And no delete happens.

By *ink stripy zebraWoman
6 days ago

Sheffield

"Just wanted to comment on how great this little function is!

Nice one for adding such a useful function. 😁"

Become a site supporter it shows you contact history, if keeps conversation threads and you can put private notes on profiles. For example it will show if you sent a message, winked them & a note can saw ‘no not looking for single blah’ it’s extremely useful.

By *KissSoundsNiceMan
6 days ago

St Albans

Yes, it is useful... I agree

My point is: sending a msg when your initial msg has not been read after 1 day...

What I am saying, is that after 1 day and still unread, it needs to be considered as lost and never read ir ever going to be read as the recipient has too many msgs ...

By *inkForLifeCouple
6 days ago

North Shields

"Yes, it is useful... I agree

My point is: sending a msg when your initial msg has not been read after 1 day...

What I am saying, is that after 1 day and still unread, it needs to be considered as lost and never read ir ever going to be read as the recipient has too many msgs ... "

You do have a point. An unread / deleted message does not in itself mean we wouldn't be interested.

One option which may work for a lot of people is an easy way to switch receiving messages off or an option to only receive messages from people you've not replied to when you're online etc.

By *KissSoundsNiceMan
5 days ago

St Albans

Good idea

Post new Message to Thread