Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Meet Requests and Parties

York 19th - 23rd august

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi, wasn't too sure where to post this. We are in York for the above dates for the Ebor horse race meeting. Looking for recommendations of good restaurants in the centre and also where to go for drinks afterwards.

Thanks in advance,

M

Xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All depends on what sort of place your looking at going, plenty of good bars and restaurants etc, but as I say it all depends on what your looking for food/music/atmosphere wise

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ask 5 people and you'll get 5 different answers but there's a good article on some of the best York restaurants - just google "The Independent Eating out in York" and you'll find it. Rustique also has two central restaurants for decent French food. If you like fish there's Loch Fyne. A bit out of town but excellent for celebratory meals are Oxo's restaurant on the Mount and Middlethorpe Hall.

Betty's (if you don't mind the queue) or the Hairy Fig for afternoon tea or light meals.

There are c.365 pubs and bars in York, some offering ghosts in the attic or Roman baths in the cellars, but some of the best ones are around Stonegate and Fossgate, eg the House of Trembling Madness (unique surroundings) or the Lamb & Lion (beer garden) and both offer good snacks; two good real ale pubs off Micklegate are the Ackhorne and the Golden Ball; several pubs offer live music in the evening, eg the Hop, or the Habit; Evil Eye Lounge is good for cocktails; and there are several clubs and wine bars in Little Stonegate and Swinegate - you're best wandering around those two adjoining streets and seeing which ones look most appealing.

(Micklegate and Coney St areas will be v busy with racegoers so I'd avoid those - but if you want to join them head for Yates or All Bar One.)

Hope this helps

By *009doggerMan
over a year ago

york

hi if you message me I can give you lots of info when no more details of what u want as i.m a taxi driver in York and own a campsite so know York very well

over a year ago

Hi all thanks for your replies. Mr is really into his steaks so looking for a couple of places which have a good reputation for that and afterwards looking for places where there is music, a good atmosphere and somewhere to watch the darts if possible xx

By *omeojuliet1Couple
over a year ago

york

Hi the loop on fawcet St may be good they do steaks and lots of TV for darts,sport

Or better still jump in my taxi for some better sports lol

Hope you have a nice time in York and good luck at the races XXX

over a year ago

Lol we will be requiring many taxis during our stay. My shoes weren't made for walking

Post new Message to Thread