Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Parker Bowles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

in Edinburgh a few days ago and saw Camilla ,do youi think she takes it up the tradesmans entrance ? being ex navy i think she has a bum like a blood orange or possably like a burst couch ,

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

i am sure she thinks equally highly of u

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Ive only had one cup of coffee so far.....

I need another one now!

Reply privately

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"Ive only had one cup of coffee so far.....

I need another one now!"

Lol I'm on my third already.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i doubt she kens me , met s mum once and his dad phil the greek

Reply privately

over a year ago

"in Edinburgh a few days ago and saw Camilla ,do youi think she takes it up the tradesmans entrance ? being ex navy i think she has a bum like a blood orange or possably like a burst couch , "

That's your future Queen you're referring to there y'know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

not my queen , i didnt vote for her

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i doubt she kens me , met s mum once and his dad phil the greek"

How disrespectful do you want to get.. That is your Queen, who may I remind you has served this country pretty much all her life.

Cali

Reply privately

over a year ago

rather doubt she is my queen , served the country ? possibly , but she has got fantasticly rich for opening the odd supermarket and reading a few crap speaches writen for her , good gig if you can get it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i doubt she kens me , met s mum once and his dad phil the greek

How disrespectful do you want to get.. That is your Queen, who may I remind you has served this country pretty much all her life.

Cali "

Falls about laughing.... what? Served this country all her life? What planet are you on?

Reply privately

over a year ago

once independance has happened she can be all yours , there arnt too many people here keen to keep them . bowing and scraping to a bunch of uber rich nobodys is probably a hobby we can do with out

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cali

Falls about laughing.... what? Served this country all her life? What planet are you on?"

You obviously know very little about this topic.. so go educate yourself.

She served during the war, and you know the monarchy raises more cash for this country than they use. Do a little research.. go on, you may learn something about the country that you live in.

Where has the respect gone.. no wonder there is no hope for the future.. Queen and country.. that is what our armed forces serves.. and they serve us.

Cali

Reply privately

over a year ago

"once independance has happened she can be all yours , there arnt too many people here keen to keep them . bowing and scraping to a bunch of uber rich nobodys is probably a hobby we can do with out"

Independence isn't really wanted though is it..??? And there are plenty of people that don't want to lose the Queen, even north of the border..

Cali

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

served her country LMFAO she has aquired enough wealth to be the richest woman in the world,Has imeasurable wealth land and power (its rarely talked about but I could list e if you like. her son gets a percentage of all off shore profits including windfarms and has a veto on any legislation that affects his buseness interests , yet noone voted for the, I believe that all people are born equal and that my sprogs are just as special a any of hers so no I will never supposr or acknowledge this uneected Head of state

Reply privately

over a year ago

the queen and her german for bearers did little for my country maby apart from emptying it so that their rich hangers on can take a bit more land and money that doesnt belong to them off the normal people in my country

Reply privately

over a year ago

You know I am shocked really am.. at the people that have no pride in the fact we have a queen that stays in power and is there..

I am glad I teach my children better... Try looking at what actually the Queen does..

I wont comment any more as the ignorance and lack of pride insults me.. as a girl that comes from a family that has always served queen and country I find it offensive.

The monarchy is something I have always supported and always will..

Cali

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Cali

Falls about laughing.... what? Served this country all her life? What planet are you on?

She served during the war, and you know the monarchy raises more cash for this country than they use. Do a little research.. go on, you may learn something about the country that you live in.

Where has the respect gone.. no wonder there is no hope for the future.. Queen and country.. that is what our armed forces serves.. and they serve us.

Cali "

Believe me I have done a lot of research on the subject and she most certainly has not brought in lots of money, rubbish like the tourism or foreign trade arguments have been thoroughly debunked, yes she did serve during the war, sightly as a land girl but not actually that much, and definately no more than the average person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"served her country LMFAO she has aquired enough wealth to be the richest woman in the world,Has imeasurable wealth land and power (its rarely talked about but I could list e if you like. her son gets a percentage of all off shore profits including windfarms and has a veto on any legislation that affects his buseness interests , yet noone voted for the, I believe that all people are born equal and that my sprogs are just as special a any of hers so no I will never supposr or acknowledge this uneected Head of state "
again u know little i am not british and even i know she is not the richest woman in the world some people believe and idea and make the facts fit

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cali

Cali

Believe me I have done a lot of research on the subject and she most certainly has not brought in lots of money, rubbish like the tourism or foreign trade arguments have been thoroughly debunked, yes she did serve during the war, sightly as a land girl but not actually that much, and definately no more than the average person."

well from your age it was a slight more than u did

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"You know I am shocked really am.. at the people that have no pride in the fact we have a queen that stays in power and is there..

I am glad I teach my children better... Try looking at what actually the Queen does..

I wont comment any more as the ignorance and lack of pride insults me.. as a girl that comes from a family that has always served queen and country I find it offensive.

Cali "

You are right I haver no pride in an un eected HOS that symbolises a belief that some are born more special than others only disgust shame and embarressment, and you would probably be less shocked if only the media wasnt so one sided and allowed a public debate.

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Cali

Cali

Believe me I have done a lot of research on the subject and she most certainly has not brought in lots of money, rubbish like the tourism or foreign trade arguments have been thoroughly debunked, yes she did serve during the war, sightly as a land girl but not actually that much, and definately no more than the average person.

well from your age it was a slight more than u did "

I never claimed to have been involved in the war, I was just stating that her contribution was minimal and no more special than any contemporaries, and as for her wealth, her ammassed land, and property most certainly does make her the richest, though public declarations of her wealth are ridiculously low in comparrison, In truth if anyone else had the land she owns they would be paying billions in council tax. let alone the fortune hidden in couts bank.

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

and all of that is irrelivant, you either believe that all are born equal and should be tyreated as such or you dont, and it is impossible to believe all are equal and worship someone as head of state by dint of thier birth

Reply privately

over a year ago

lets face it.

has been a lot happier lately so much so he has even presented the weather and cracked a few jokes.

i reckon she slips him the hrh strap on

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"lets face it.

has been a lot happier lately so much so he has even presented the weather and cracked a few jokes.

i reckon she slips him the hrh strap on "

Charles weather prediction for Camilla tonite? golden showers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

is probably on his knees with camilla behind him sporting a huge strap on , and she says to him " for queen and country charles, take it like a man" ,

Reply privately

over a year ago

He's probably still dreaming about being her tampax....

You should never look a gift horse in the mouth y'know

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

" is probably on his knees with camilla behind him sporting a huge strap on , and she says to him " for queen and country charles, take it like a man" , "

do you think she french polishes his crown jewels?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are all of you too ignorant to know that the whole royal family are WEREWOLVES???

It was on Dr Who so must be the truth!!!!

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"Are all of you too ignorant to know that the whole royal family are WEREWOLVES???

It was on Dr Who so must be the truth!!!! "

I thought it wasnt all. and thats why Albert set up Torchwood,now WHO is that an anagram of again i wonder hmm?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You know I am shocked really am.. at the people that have no pride in the fact we have a queen that stays in power and is there..

Cali "

Where's the applaud icon?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"once independance has happened she can be all yours , there arnt too many people here keen to keep them . bowing and scraping to a bunch of uber rich nobodys is probably a hobby we can do with out"

It sounds like it's hobby you don't do anyway so it's hardly something you'll miss. p.s. We're keeping Balmoral.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are all of you too ignorant to know that the whole royal family are WEREWOLVES???

I thought it wasnt all. and thats why Albert set up Torchwood,now WHO is that an anagram of again i wonder hmm?"

I was under the impressiom that torchwood was set up to look out for the doctor because queen vic knew he would know her secret after she was bitten! Hence, if SHE was bitten then her offspring would sprout fur and howl at the moom as well!!

But thats maybe just a normal garden party thing!!

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

I thought it wasnt all. and thats why Albert set up Torchwood,now WHO is that an anagram of again i wonder hmm?

I was under the impressiom that torchwood was set up to look out for the doctor because queen vic knew he would know her secret after she was bitten! Hence, if SHE was bitten then her offspring would sprout fur and howl at the moom as well!!

But thats maybe just a normal garden party thing!! "

well Harry (hencforeth to be known as Hairy Harry) has been known to go a bit wild at a party

Reply privately

over a year ago

shes showing want a real erection looks like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was on Dr Who so must be the truth!!!! "

considering that a bunch of inbred, German, half witted social security scroungers they are, we should count ourselves lucky they are only werewolves.

I do think if we had a vote in this country, we would become a republic. I for one would vote to get rid of them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"once independance has happened she can be all yours , there arnt too many people here keen to keep them . bowing and scraping to a bunch of uber rich nobodys is probably a hobby we can do with out

It sounds like it's hobby you don't do anyway so it's hardly something you'll miss. p.s. We're keeping Balmoral. "

Reply privately

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

considering that a bunch of inbred, German, half witted social security scroungers they are, we should count ourselves lucky they are only werewolves.

I do think if we had a vote in this country, we would become a republic. I for one would vote to get rid of them"

Sadly I dont think we would become a republic, not yet, most people dont even understand the word as there is no real public debate which is a tragedy as the same cyclical arguments keep resurfacing , but id prefer to be in a minority wanting change than to still be doffing my cap to an anachronistic system that costs the country billions (by the way my wife is gonna kill me for getting political on here LOL)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cali

Where's the applaud icon?

"

Agree with Cali too

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think that the french had the right idea a wee while back when they got bored with the bunch of free loaders some refer to as monarchy.things would certianly get a bit more interesting if our countrys decided to have a clear out

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"i think that the french had the right idea a wee while back when they got bored with the bunch of free loaders some refer to as monarchy.things would certianly get a bit more interesting if our countrys decided to have a clear out "

Reply privately

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

I wont argue the pros and cons of a monarchy on here,as its a subject people have set fixed opinions on, for the record i am a monarchist though.I will pick up on the German comments from some of the english posters on here.

The Queen can trace her roots back to William the Conquerer, and via his wife Matilda of flanders back to Alfred the great and the Cerdician saxon line.And whilst thye came from Germany original(albeit a bloody long time ago)they are One of the oldest English bloodlines in the country,How many English on here can say that???

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I wont argue the pros and cons of a monarchy on here,as its a subject people have set fixed opinions on, for the record i am a monarchist though.I will pick up on the German comments from some of the english posters on here.

The Queen can trace her roots back to William the Conquerer, and via his wife Matilda of flanders back to Alfred the great and the Cerdician saxon line.And whilst thye came from Germany original(albeit a bloody long time ago)they are One of the oldest English bloodlines in the country,How many English on here can say that???"

Always amusing when people say 'the Royal Family are not true English!'. I'd love to meet someone who is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wont argue the pros and cons of a monarchy on here,as its a subject people have set fixed opinions on, for the record i am a monarchist though.I will pick up on the German comments from some of the english posters on here.

The Queen can trace her roots back to William the Conquerer, and via his wife Matilda of flanders back to Alfred the great and the Cerdician saxon line.And whilst thye came from Germany original(albeit a bloody long time ago)they are One of the oldest English bloodlines in the country,How many English on here can say that???"

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

The Queen can trace her roots back to William the Conquerer, and via his wife Matilda of flanders back to Alfred the great and the Cerdician saxon line.And whilst thye came from Germany original(albeit a bloody long time ago)they are One of the oldest English bloodlines in the country,How many English on here can say that??? "

Surprised as you may be I actually agree with you on that point, It is irrefutable that they are English, and its a funny argument to suggest that they arent when thier heritage goes righ t back to the saxons and the early evolution of the english language (hence the name english deriving from of all things a german tribe the angles.)tho in truth most brits heritage also does though they dont realise it.If they can trace back to the first census 200 odd years ago thier heritag prob goes back that far as peoples were less mobile (with some notable exeptions)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i think that the french had the right idea a wee while back when they got bored with the bunch of free loaders some refer to as monarchy.things would certianly get a bit more interesting if our countrys decided to have a clear out "

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have to say i like distasteful jokes about most stuff INCLUDING the monarchy ...but...its great to see SOOOOO many red white n blue flags, union flags all over the shops and in shopping centres and people organising street parties...great sense of community..the old gal is 84 and old Phil is 90...good on em i say and i will be attending a street party near me and joining in the whole of the festivities.....gives me a huge sense of pride.....

Reply privately

By *oystaMan
over a year ago

Liverpool Tuebrook

To the people that are DISRESPECTING our monarchy. Do you realise the oath of allegiance the men and women of our armed forces swear to when they enlist ? I doubt it because if you insult the Queen then you are also insulting them. By all means have your independence if the majority wants it but do you also realise what you will also be losing

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"To the people that are DISRESPECTING our monarchy. Do you realise the oath of allegiance the men and women of our armed forces swear to when they enlist ? I doubt it because if you insult the Queen then you are also insulting them. By all means have your independence if the majority wants it but do you also realise what you will also be losing"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally I wouldn't like to have the queens job, or any of the royals to be honest. Their lives aren't really their own, if one of them puts a foot wrong its in the papers. And unlike celebrities they didn't choose it, but are where they are by accident of birth.

Yes they are only human, same as everyone else, but I'm glad we have a royal family and keep some long held tradition.

Reply privately

over a year ago

what would we be losing apart from a drain on limited public finance ? not much really . Oath of allegiance ? why on earth would you want to go swearing things like that to somebody you probably have never met , ? they dont know you , they dont give a monkeys about you as long as the cash keeps rolling in they couldnt really care who swears what or who gets maimed , possably killed all in the name of the queen , oh yes and country , that sort of oath i think people in my country can do without

Reply privately

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

Yeah, i bet the Queen didnt give a monkey's about about a certain Ginger Helicopter pilot who did a stint in afgan a couple of years ago.

The royals serve in our armed forces as well.

Reply privately

By *orestersCouple
over a year ago

The Forest

"To the people that are DISRESPECTING our monarchy. Do you realise the oath of allegiance the men and women of our armed forces swear to when they enlist ? I doubt it because if you insult the Queen then you are also insulting them. By all means have your independence if the majority wants it but do you also realise what you will also be losing"

Just out of interest, do our serving men and women repeat the oath every time they get a pay-cheque, or just once at the beginning as a mandatory condition of employment?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To the people that are DISRESPECTING our monarchy. Do you realise the oath of allegiance the men and women of our armed forces swear to when they enlist ? I doubt it because if you insult the Queen then you are also insulting them. By all means have your independence if the majority wants it but do you also realise what you will also be losing

Just out of interest, do our serving men and women repeat the oath every time they get a pay-cheque, or just once at the beginning as a mandatory condition of employment?"

Just when you first join up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"what would we be losing apart from a drain on limited public finance ? not much really . Oath of allegiance ? why on earth would you want to go swearing things like that to somebody you probably have never met , ? they dont know you , they dont give a monkeys about you as long as the cash keeps rolling in they couldnt really care who swears what or who gets maimed , possably killed all in the name of the queen , oh yes and country , that sort of oath i think people in my country can do without "

The oath isn't sworn to a particular person but more as a symbolic statement of unity as a people and a country with the monarch as it's head (regardless of whom it is at the time), and the oath is transferable as the Crown passes from one to the next.

As mentioned above, it was a SCOTTISH king who created the Union, so if you are looking for someone to blame, look a bit closer to home.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"what would we be losing apart from a drain on limited public finance ? not much really . Oath of allegiance ? why on earth would you want to go swearing things like that to somebody you probably have never met , ? they dont know you , they dont give a monkeys about you as long as the cash keeps rolling in they couldnt really care who swears what or who gets maimed , possably killed all in the name of the queen , oh yes and country , that sort of oath i think people in my country can do without "

WELL,I AM ONE OF THOSE THAT TOOK THE OATH AND WENT TO WAR FOR MY QUEEN AND COUNTRY AND I AM DAMN PROUD TO HAVE DONE SO, I ALSO LOST SOME GOOD FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY, YEARS AGO YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN TRIED FOR TREASON

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To the people that are DISRESPECTING our monarchy. Do you realise the oath of allegiance the men and women of our armed forces swear to when they enlist ? I doubt it because if you insult the Queen then you are also insulting them. By all means have your independence if the majority wants it but do you also realise what you will also be losing

Just out of interest, do our serving men and women repeat the oath every time they get a pay-cheque, or just once at the beginning as a mandatory condition of employment?"

Would a soldier want a comrade fighting beside who refused to swear alliegance to the Crown? These men & women fight as a unit and cohesion is paramount to becoming an effective fighting force. Blood brothers don't share the bond that these guys have between them and anyone who rocks that status quo isn't welcome in their ranks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just out of interest, do our serving men and women repeat the oath every time they get a pay-cheque, or just once at the beginning as a mandatory condition of employment?

Would a soldier want a comrade fighting beside who refused to swear alliegance to the Crown? These men & women fight as a unit and cohesion is paramount to becoming an effective fighting force. Blood brothers don't share the bond that these guys have between them and anyone who rocks that status quo isn't welcome in their ranks. "

Reply privately

By *oystaMan
over a year ago

Liverpool Tuebrook

"what would we be losing apart from a drain on limited public finance ? not much really . Oath of allegiance ? why on earth would you want to go swearing things like that to somebody you probably have never met , ? they dont know you , they dont give a monkeys about you as long as the cash keeps rolling in they couldnt really care who swears what or who gets maimed , possably killed all in the name of the queen , oh yes and country , that sort of oath i think people in my country can do without

WELL,I AM ONE OF THOSE THAT TOOK THE OATH AND WENT TO WAR FOR MY QUEEN AND COUNTRY AND I AM DAMN PROUD TO HAVE DONE SO, I ALSO LOST SOME GOOD FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY, YEARS AGO YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN TRIED FOR TREASON"

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/05/12 17:30:57]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"in Edinburgh a few days ago and saw Camilla ,do youi think she takes it up the tradesmans entrance ? being ex navy i think she has a bum like a blood orange or possably like a burst couch , "

Parker Bowles, is it her that used to make those chairs?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mary Queen of Scotts had her head chopped off. So as I don't have a queen because her head was chopped of by our friendly neighbours. I don't want to borrow a scaby second hand one thank you very much FREEDOM

Reply privately

over a year ago

well said...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To the people that are DISRESPECTING our monarchy. Do you realise the oath of allegiance the men and women of our armed forces swear to when they enlist ? I doubt it because if you insult the Queen then you are also insulting them. By all means have your independence if the majority wants it but do you also realise what you will also be losing well said... "
We'll lose nothing and gain Independance

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Mary Queen of Scotts had her head chopped off. So as I don't have a queen because her head was chopped of by our friendly neighbours. I don't want to borrow a scaby second hand one thank you very much FREEDOM"
Well if you are that against the English..i dont spose you shag English ladies n gents then

Reply privately

over a year ago

now how could i be tried for treason ? i certianly never swore an oath to a foregn head of state . none of the german royals swanning about in the lap of luxuary swore an oath to me either . Surely you can only be done for treason if its your country of head of state , should you have one , you have wronged ? not some second rate minor royals from germany

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would like to know why they dislike us so much..????

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I would like to know why they dislike us so much..????"
I blame Mel Gibson

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Mary Queen of Scotts had her head chopped off. So as I don't have a queen because her head was chopped of by our friendly neighbours. I don't want to borrow a scaby second hand one thank you very much FREEDOMWell if you are that against the English..i dont spose you shag English ladies n gents then "
Look if you want a date just ask

Reply privately

over a year ago

"now how could i be tried for treason ? i certianly never swore an oath to a foregn head of state . none of the german royals swanning about in the lap of luxuary swore an oath to me either . Surely you can only be done for treason if its your country of head of state , should you have one , you have wronged ? not some second rate minor royals from germany"

I can assure you that it is not a foreign head of state. Do you choose not to look at the facts, or are you so wrapped up in your own little mini hate campaign that you just can not accept facts??

And you know its attitudes like that which make me see why we will not be again the Great British Empire that our forefathers were so proud of..

and for the record the only country of UK I dont have in my veins is Welsh.

cali

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Mary Queen of Scotts had her head chopped off. So as I don't have a queen because her head was chopped of by our friendly neighbours. I don't want to borrow a scaby second hand one thank you very much FREEDOMWell if you are that against the English..i dont spose you shag English ladies n gents then Look if you want a date just ask "
As tempting as that sounds id rather just stick pins in my eyes

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would say im neither a royalist nor not. But i do love the queen, love prince philip more he amuses me.

The new generation of royals, harry, katie, william are great ambassedors for our country. Ive never known or lived in a country without a royal family but id be very sad to see them go

Reply privately

over a year ago

great british empire ? , i was just reading about the scots guards wee role in the empire just this weekend in the papers , there was not much great about it , especially if you look at it from the prespective of all the people that lost there countrys , wealth , lives. empires are only great when its you thats doing the conquering

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Mary Queen of Scotts had her head chopped off. So as I don't have a queen because her head was chopped of by our friendly neighbours. I don't want to borrow a scaby second hand one thank you very much FREEDOMWell if you are that against the English..i dont spose you shag English ladies n gents then Look if you want a date just ask As tempting as that sounds id rather just stick pins in my eyes "
It's to get away from nutters like you we want Independance

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

I most certainly am not disrespecting military personel by questioning the monarchy, I come from a military lineage that goes back at least to the early 1800's if not earlier but I demand the right to question a system of governance that is patently unfair as is my democratic right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cali

Cali

I never claimed to have been involved in the war, I was just stating that her contribution was minimal and no more special than any contemporaries, and as for her wealth, her ammassed land, and property most certainly does make her the richest, though public declarations of her wealth are ridiculously low in comparrison, In truth if anyone else had the land she owns they would be paying billions in council tax. let alone the fortune hidden in couts bank. "

Falls about laughing again.

Thankyou for your advice to 'go educate myself"and 'learn something about my country". I have a PH.D in History. I wonder what, if any, qualifications you have in the subject?

You are obviously one of these types which recur throughout History. The lackey who know his place, doffs his cap and tugs his forelock, bows, scrapes in the dirt and generally grovels to his lords and masters.

But fortunately there are other recurring types too. The types who believe that no-one is better by birth than anyone else and that all people, irrespective of race, gender, class or creed are born equal, and for this reason oppose the existence of a monarchy which enshrines the idea that some people are born better than others..And whether you like it or not, those types, of whom I am one, are gaining ground. Research makes it abundantly clear that the British people are becoming disenamoured of the existence of the monarchy and certainly as a 53 year old who remembers the silver jubilee, I can say it was far more celebrated than the golden jubilee.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Falls about laughing again.

Thankyou for your advice to 'go educate myself"and 'learn something about my country". I have a PH.D in History. I wonder what, if any, qualifications you have in the subject?

You are obviously one of these types which recur throughout History. The lackey who know his place, doffs his cap and tugs his forelock, bows, scrapes in the dirt and generally grovels to his lords and masters.

But fortunately there are other recurring types too. The types who believe that no-one is better by birth than anyone else and that all people, irrespective of race, gender, class or creed are born equal, and for this reason oppose the existence of a monarchy which enshrines the idea that some people are born better than others..And whether you like it or not, those types, of whom I am one, are gaining ground. Research makes it abundantly clear that the British people are becoming disenamoured of the existence of the monarchy and certainly as a 53 year old who remembers the silver jubilee, I can say it was far more celebrated than the golden jubilee.

"

I'm curious.. if we adopt this abolsute society that you seem to favour where everyone is equal.. who polices it to make sure we remain equal, and who sits at the top of the tree dictating what it is that makes us all equal?

Someone has to create rules in a collective or the collective disintegrates, and if someone is making rules you can be damned sure they'll make a few in their favour - which completely flies in the face of equality.

You live in a dreamworld that exists only in your head. Wake up and see the real world for what it really is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cali

Cali

I never claimed to have been involved in the war, I was just stating that her contribution was minimal and no more special than any contemporaries, and as for her wealth, her ammassed land, and property most certainly does make her the richest, though public declarations of her wealth are ridiculously low in comparrison, In truth if anyone else had the land she owns they would be paying billions in council tax. let alone the fortune hidden in couts bank.

"

Maybe just not Scottish History

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh so did your ph d specialise in our monarchy.. as someone that does not need to list my qualifications but does have extensive knowledge of the subject, I will allow you your, "I am better than you"

The fact is that throughout life, there have always been those that have been born to position.. Its hardly likely to change now.

I am sure many will take up your lackey comment.. as I am from a proud forces family, where I can go back many generations that served their monarch..

And btw.. just while we are exchanging qualifications.. I am degree educated too.. but don't really think that makes me better than those that are not..

By your own post you have undone your own speech on all equal.

Cali - God save the Queen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has Sir Sean Connery given his knighthood back..???

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Cali

Cali

Glad to see you join the debate again, the reason i got involved, (and started a parralel thread, was cos of the dismissive comment telling you guys to go educate yourself, somewhat guessed you might have a good standard of education. Its dissapointing to see just how many people seem to blindly accept the monarchy without questioning its power wealth or deep down what it really stands for, Im proud of my country and its many brilliant influences on science, medicine,literature and yes even world movements for democracy but Idont blindly accept a Head of state by birth who only got there cos of the ilegal actions of her ancestors.

"

Reply privately

By *oystaMan
over a year ago

Liverpool Tuebrook

"Oh so did your ph d specialise in our monarchy.. as someone that does not need to list my qualifications but does have extensive knowledge of the subject, I will allow you your, "I am better than you"

The fact is that throughout life, there have always been those that have been born to position.. Its hardly likely tchange now.

I am sure many will take up your lackey comment.. as I am from a proud forces family, where I can go back many generations that served their monarch..

And btw.. just while we are exchanging qualifications.. I am degree educated too.. but don't really think that makes me better than those that are not..

Cali - God save the Queen. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh so did your ph d specialise in our monarchy.. as someone that does not need to list my qualifications but does have extensive knowledge of the subject, I will allow you your, "I am better than you"

The fact is that throughout life, there have always been those that have been born to position.. Its hardly likely tchange now.

Cali - God save the Queen. "

No I haven't but in addition to being thoroughly brainwashed as a result of being in the army you clearly have an inferiority complex.

You carry on grovelling to your lords and masters, but the fact of the matter is that the monarchy is on its way out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cali

Cali

Glad to see you join the debate again, the reason i got involved, (and started a parralel thread, was cos of the dismissive comment telling you guys to go educate yourself, somewhat guessed you might have a good standard of education. Its dissapointing to see just how many people seem to blindly accept the monarchy without questioning its power wealth or deep down what it really stands for, Im proud of my country and its many brilliant influences on science, medicine,literature and yes even world movements for democracy but Idont blindly accept a Head of state by birth who only got there cos of the ilegal actions of her ancestors.

"

Absolutely!

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

only enough mirrors in my house for one queen, thank you

and her name aint betty, or camilla

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No I haven't but in addition to being thoroughly brainwashed as a result of being in the army you clearly have an inferiority complex.

You carry on grovelling to your lords and masters, but the fact of the matter is that the monarchy is on its way out."

Only you and the handful of people who think the way you do believe that - the rest of us are normal well-adjusted members of a country that has a constitutional monarchy and we're quite happy with that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No I haven't but in addition to being thoroughly brainwashed as a result of being in the army you clearly have an inferiority complex.

You carry on grovelling to your lords and masters, but the fact of the matter is that the monarchy is on its way out.

Only you and the handful of people who think the way you do believe that - the rest of us are normal well-adjusted members of a country that has a constitutional monarchy and we're quite happy with that."

well said wishy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No I haven't but in addition to being thoroughly brainwashed as a result of being in the army you clearly have an inferiority complex.

You carry on grovelling to your lords and masters, but the fact of the matter is that the monarchy is on its way out."

I only grovel to one Master, and not sure he is royalty..

I havent been in the army, but family have.. Not brainwashed either.. and actually I dont blindly follow anything, but always follow my own choices. I just happen to be proud of the monarchy and it was something that I do instil in my children.

My Comment about undoing your speech was that you go on about equality, then say that there are people lesser than yourself.

Your don't agree with the monarchy, but I actually know very few people that dont.. Near me the Queens flag was flying recently, not the union Jack, but the royals flag.. ( on her birthday I believe)

The thing is while I believe in having the Royal family, I dont talk down to those that dont. Or tell them that they are stupid, or brain washed..

The fact is that if the British people didnt want the Royal family the MPs would gladly get rid of them.. as it would give more power to them.

Cali

Reply privately

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

I think the reaction to last years Royal wedding showed that he monarchy isn't as unpopular as some would like to think.

"Uninterested" friends of mine even admit their attitude is mellowing because of Wills And kate

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only you and the handful of people who think the way you do believe that - the rest of us are normal well-adjusted members of a country that has a constitutional monarchy and we're quite happy with that. well said wishy "

Well in your numerous other postings you've made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the way I think, which is hardly surprising for a man with such an obviously narrow frame of reference. And whatever your feelings-and I emphasise feelings rather than rational thoughts-it is a fact that the British people are becoming disenamoured of the existence of any kind of monarchy. I know it's only anecdotal, but even my father, a retired Chief Inspector in the Metropolitan Police who makes you look left wing, progressive and fully integrated into the 21st century no longer has any time for the existence of the monarchy.

And before you start blathering on about 'Left Wing" people being opposed to the monarchy, perhaps you'd like to remember that most European countries and the United States of America rejected the idea of a monarchy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I only grovel to one Master, and not sure he is royalty..

I havent been in the army, but family have.. Not brainwashed either.. and actually I dont blindly follow anything, but always follow my own choices. I just happen to be proud of the monarchy and it was something that I do instil in my children.

My Comment about undoing your speech was that you go on about equality, then say that there are people lesser than yourself.

Your don't agree with the monarchy, but I actually know very few people that dont.. Near me the Queens flag was flying recently, not the union Jack, but the royals flag.. ( on her birthday I believe)

The thing is while I believe in having the Royal family, I dont talk down to those that dont. Or tell them that they are stupid, or brain washed..

The fact is that if the British people didnt want the Royal family the MPs would gladly get rid of them.. as it would give more power to them.

Cali "

There you go with that inferiority complex again.I said nothing about there being people "lesser than myself".

But an inferiority complex is just what is needed for a person to want to grovel to someone else. "I knows my place my lord!!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well in your numerous other postings you've made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the way I think, which is hardly surprising for a man with such an obviously narrow frame of reference. And whatever your feelings-and I emphasise feelings rather than rational thoughts-it is a fact that the British people are becoming disenamoured of the existence of any kind of monarchy. I know it's only anecdotal, but even my father, a retired Chief Inspector in the Metropolitan Police who makes you look left wing, progressive and fully integrated into the 21st century no longer has any time for the existence of the monarchy.

And before you start blathering on about 'Left Wing" people being opposed to the monarchy, perhaps you'd like to remember that most European countries and the United States of America rejected the idea of a monarchy.

"

This patronising air of superiority you exude...does that come in the Equality Lucky Bag? You know, the one that has the Garibaldis, the Bourbons, and the Peak Freans Trotsky Assortment?

I must have been off conquering people when they were handed out as I haven't got one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/05/12 19:32:45]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And before you start blathering on about 'Left Wing" people being opposed to the monarchy, perhaps you'd like to remember that most European countries and the United States of America rejected the idea of a monarchy.

"

There are twelve monarchies in Europe today. Europe's monarchies are: the Principality of Andorra, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Principality of Liechtenstein, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Principality of Monaco, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Kingdom of Norway, the Kingdom of Spain, the Kingdom of Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the State of the Vatican City. Ten of these are states where the head of state (a monarch) inherits his or her office, and usually keeps it for life or until they abdicate. As for the other two: in the Vatican City (an elective monarchy, styled a theocracy), the head of state, the pope, is elected at the papal conclave, while in Andorra (technically a semi-elective diarchy), the joint heads of state are the elected President of France and the appointed Bishop of Urgell.

Wiki.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm curious.. if we adopt this abolsute society that you seem to favour where everyone is equal.. who polices it to make sure we remain equal, and who sits at the top of the tree dictating what it is that makes us all equal?

Someone has to create rules in a collective or the collective disintegrates, and if someone is making rules you can be damned sure they'll make a few in their favour - which completely flies in the face of equality.

You live in a dreamworld that exists only in your head. Wake up and see the real world for what it really is."

You have either obviously misread what I said, or you are incapable of understanding it.

Perhaps the writers of the American Declaration of Independence could help you understand-that bit about all men being created equal.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

There you go with that inferiority complex again.I said nothing about there being people "lesser than myself".

But an inferiority complex is just what is needed for a person to want to grovel to someone else. "I knows my place my lord!!""

I think you should re read what you wrote.. and really I would laugh, but its really to tragic.

I have not found the need to get personal, or insulting, I believe its said that once that happens you have lost the disagreement.

And again with this post you are trying to belittle someone..Its understandable, its human nature, and that my dear is something I understand greatly.

I do not wish to get into a personal argument with someone over personal beliefs and that is all it comes down to in the end.

I am entitled to mine.. you yours, only I don't try to make you feel inferior for your beliefs.

Cali

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well in your numerous other postings you've made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the way I think, which is hardly surprising for a man with such an obviously narrow frame of reference. And whatever your feelings-and I emphasise feelings rather than rational thoughts-it is a fact that the British people are becoming disenamoured of the existence of any kind of monarchy. I know it's only anecdotal, but even my father, a retired Chief Inspector in the Metropolitan Police who makes you look left wing, progressive and fully integrated into the 21st century no longer has any time for the existence of the monarchy.

This patronising air of superiority you exude...does that come in the Equality Lucky Bag? You know, the one that has the Garibaldis, the Bourbons, and the Peak Freans Trotsky Assortment?

I must have been off conquering people when they were handed out as I haven't got one."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perhaps the writers of the American Declaration of Independence could help you understand-that bit about all men being created equal.......

"

Americans equal? Are you for real?

Goto downtown LA at 3am and put it to the test.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And while you're there, go to any library and look up 'Ivy League'.. they epitomise inequality in the USA.

Reply privately

over a year ago

hopefully - some day, people will grow up enough to not need the props of gods and royalty. There are no perfect societies, but one where your parents determine your status in the formulaic way we have it in Britain is wrong.

Reply privately

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"

Perhaps the writers of the American Declaration of Independence could help you understand-that bit about all men being created equal.......

"

Declaration of Independence 1775

Racial Segregation officially abolished 1954

Reply privately

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

And for the record, I'm a Monarchist through and through, but I wasn't offended at the OP.....did have a giggle at the thought of Camilla giving Charles one in the bum with the Royal strap-on.......wonder if there's a valet to wash the Royal toys......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There are no perfect societies, but one where your parents determine your status in the formulaic way we have it in Britain is wrong."

If what we have now was so wrong we'd change it to a system whereby all one's possessions are transferred to the state for redistribution when one dies, and one's children will have an equal chance to do as equally well, or better, than their parents. In turn, their possessions also become property of the state upon death.

This includes the royals as they too pass on their wealth/titles to successive generations, in much the same way as we'll leave our houses to our children and they'll have two houses (one from their parents and their own house) and become landlords, whilst those parents who don't own their own house won't have one to leave their kids and if they don't have one of their own they'll still be tennants.

But that still won't make people equal will it? The only way to do that is how I outlined it above - transferrence to the state of everything after one's death.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Racial Segregation officially abolished 1954 "

Ha, good one, kinda shoots his American Founding Fathers argument down in flames eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

what a fantastic thread , its gone from camilla taking it up the arse to all out war you cant get better entertainment than this , top drawer old boy

Reply privately

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"in Edinburgh a few days ago and saw Camilla ,do youi think she takes it up the tradesmans entrance ? being ex navy i think she has a bum like a blood orange or possably like a burst couch ,

That's your future Queen you're referring to there y'know. "

I hope not

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Hmmm...I'll be referencing this thread the next time someone posts that immigrants don't have any respect for British culture and tradition.

Do as I say huh?!!

Reply privately

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"not my queen , i didnt vote for her"

i did not realise we had to vote for the next queen?,my vote goes to dale winton then!.

Reply privately

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Reading down this thread, it should be coloured green for all the jelousy shown by quite a few! And to the OP.. What a nasty mind you must have if all you can think of is to be crude about someone you don't even know!

Shame on you...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am neither particularly a royalist or republican. But I am truly shocked at this thread. Not because of peoples differing opinions but because of some of the vile nature of the comments and the way people have made their points.

I am proud to be English and in turn British. But people who speak on a personal basis in such a vile manner about people that they have most likely never met, or if they have do not really know them well make me ashamed to call you fellow countrymen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

not from your country, you live in the country to the south . if you were to become a naturalised scot , well then you would be from our country

Reply privately

over a year ago

" not from your country, you live in the country to the south . if you were to become a naturalised scot , well then you would be from our country "

Roll on 2014 when the Scots can finally have their say in what they waht to do with their country. But please, if it doesn't go the way you want it, will you stop bleating on about it?

Remember: Democracy is something in which the majority emerge victorious and the minority defeated, but ALL abide by the outcome.

Reply privately

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"There are no perfect societies, but one where your parents determine your status in the formulaic way we have it in Britain is wrong.

If what we have now was so wrong we'd change it to a system whereby all one's possessions are transferred to the state for redistribution when one dies, and one's children will have an equal chance to do as equally well, or better, than their parents. In turn, their possessions also become property of the state upon death.

This includes the royals as they too pass on their wealth/titles to successive generations, in much the same way as we'll leave our houses to our children and they'll have two houses (one from their parents and their own house) and become landlords, whilst those parents who don't own their own house won't have one to leave their kids and if they don't have one of their own they'll still be tennants.

But that still won't make people equal will it? The only way to do that is how I outlined it above - transferrence to the state of everything after one's death."

actually not the same way they dont pay inheritance tax,

Reply privately

over a year ago

it is with great regret that i have to concede that it probably wont go the way i want it. Unfortunatly for as long as there has been a country called scotland there has been a goodly amount of folk that allways see scotlands interests best served by being governed by another country . Wales has the same problem .2014 could be the end game , should we lose the right to self governance by our own people instead of a different country then scotland will probably be absorbed into greater englandshire and be nothing more than a memory depicted in rather dodgy mel gibson films and on tins of tarten shortbread .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Reading down this thread, it should be coloured green for all the jelousy shown by quite a few! And to the OP.. What a nasty mind you must have if all you can think of is to be crude about someone you don't even know!

Shame on you... "

I met Camilla at the Devon County show a few year back. No idea if she takes it up the Gary or does Charlie with a gold plated strap on, but will say she is not as pig ugly on the flesh as she is in the papers

Reply privately

over a year ago

You live in a dreamworld that exists only in your head. Wake up and see the real world for what it really is."

+1

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"it is with great regret that i have to concede that it probably wont go the way i want it. Unfortunatly for as long as there has been a country called scotland there has been a goodly amount of folk that allways see scotlands interests best served by being governed by another country . Wales has the same problem .2014 could be the end game , should we lose the right to self governance by our own people instead of a different country then scotland will probably be absorbed into greater englandshire and be nothing more than a memory depicted in rather dodgy mel gibson films and on tins of tarten shortbread . "

If the majority of Scots want independence then so be it.....BUT.....no more money into Scotland from the first day of independence from the rest of Britain....not a penny.

If the Scots want to go it alone then let it truly be alone....without furher decades of handouts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

we can live with that , just as the south will have to live with the fact that as the oil pipelines traval through our country , not a drop of it will cross the border

Reply privately

over a year ago

"served her country LMFAO she has aquired enough wealth to be the richest woman in the world,Has imeasurable wealth land and power (its rarely talked about but I could list e if you like. her son gets a percentage of all off shore profits including windfarms and has a veto on any legislation that affects his buseness interests , yet noone voted for the, I believe that all people are born equal and that my sprogs are just as special a any of hers so no I will never supposr or acknowledge this uneected Head of state "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"it is with great regret that i have to concede that it probably wont go the way i want it. Unfortunatly for as long as there has been a country called scotland there has been a goodly amount of folk that allways see scotlands interests best served by being governed by another country . Wales has the same problem .2014 could be the end game , should we lose the right to self governance by our own people instead of a different country then scotland will probably be absorbed into greater englandshire and be nothing more than a memory depicted in rather dodgy mel gibson films and on tins of tarten shortbread .

If the majority of Scots want independence then so be it.....BUT.....no more money into Scotland from the first day of independence from the rest of Britain....not a penny.

If the Scots want to go it alone then let it truly be alone....without furher decades of handouts."

"Handouts". Little Englander rubbish.Sotland is not given money by the English government, it is given money by the UK government, just as England is.

And perhaps you should ask yourself why every UK government is so keen to keep Scotland in the union? Could it be that they know something you don't?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Racial Segregation officially abolished 1954

Ha, good one, kinda shoots his American Founding Fathers argument down in flames eh? "

You miss my point as usual.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Racial Segregation officially abolished 1954 "

Yes I am well aware of these facts. But like someone else on this thread you completely miss my point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And while you're there, go to any library and look up 'Ivy League'.. they epitomise inequality in the USA."

Yes I know about the Ivy league-I think I learnt about them when I was doing my O Levels.

You have clearly failed to grasp my point as usual.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I must have been off conquering people when they were handed out as I haven't got one. "

Oh dear, another inferiority complex. Can't help you with that I am afraid, I am an Historian not a Psycho-therapist.

I wonder if you think I am a Trotskyist though. How delicious!

Reply privately

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

I don't think using Oil as abargaining tool is a very good idea.

How long does north sea oil have left? 20 years? 25?

Also, to say it is totally scottish(i know that wasn't said on here, but many do) is wrong. Geographically speaking a third of it is English.Also much more could be said is the orknies/shetlands and up to few years ago, weren't they saying that if scotland got indepedance from the UK they would go for a break from Scotland and rejoin the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But an inferiority complex is just what is needed for a person to want to grovel to someone else. "I knows my place my lord!!"

I think you should re read what you wrote.. and really I would laugh, but its really to tragic.

I have not found the need to get personal, or insulting, I believe its said that once that happens you have lost the disagreement.

And again with this post you are trying to belittle someone..Its understandable, its human nature, and that my dear is something I understand greatly.

I do not wish to get into a personal argument with someone over personal beliefs and that is all it comes down to in the end.

I am entitled to mine.. you yours, only I don't try to make you feel inferior for your beliefs.

Cali "

You told me to 'go and get educated" in a splendid example of arrogance born of ignorance. Now you find that I have a Ph.D in History, and you get all hurt. Serves you right.I have no sympathy for your feelings of inferiority.

Reply privately

over a year ago

if orkney and shetland want to head off , not a worry , its a free world , pity about the one third of the oil thats yours that comes ashore up here . Yup probably only 20 to 30 years left of it , but we could really sort our country out with 30 years oil cash , not too sure how the south would fair without 30 years oil cash . you might find yourselves voting to see if you could join upto scotland , now wouldnt that be a hoot you guys being ruled from edinburgh instead of brussels

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You told me to 'go and get educated" in a splendid example of arrogance born of ignorance. Now you find that I have a Ph.D in History, and you get all hurt. Serves you right.I have no sympathy for your feelings of inferiority.

"

hurt... no I don't think so.. I told you to go and educate yourself on facts you clearly are ill-informed about.. and I pointed out that a degree in history doesn't mean that you studied the monarchy.

I do love the way you keep inferring that I have an inferiority complex.. do you actually think if you say it enough that I will believe it???

Anyway, the fact is that many of your posts have been on things that are not in anyway true.. As people we are entitled to our beliefs, and you are allowed to think that the royal family are not good for our country, but please if you are going to state things, make sure your "facts" are indeed facts.

I btw am also qualified quite highly in history but as history spans a HUGE amount of time and areas there is no way I am an expert on everything..

Same as despite my little piece of paper sticking on my wall to say I can understand human behaviour, there will always be aspects and areas I do not know.

So please remember that just because x amount of years ago you got a qualification that it does not make you the expert in the whole field.

Cali

Reply privately

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

"if orkney and shetland want to head off , not a worry , its a free world , pity about the one third of the oil thats yours that comes ashore up here . Yup probably only 20 to 30 years left of it , but we could really sort our country out with 30 years oil cash , not too sure how the south would fair without 30 years oil cash . you might find yourselves voting to see if you could join upto scotland , now wouldnt that be a hoot you guys being ruled from edinburgh instead of brussels "

What ,and you think you lot wont be ruled from Brussels as well?? Even after "independance"

Wouldn't surprise if thats the only reason you are getting to vote on it in the first place

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if you think I am a Trotskyist though. How delicious!"

No, you're no Trotskyist - you're not consistent enough to be categorised except for your belligerent attitude towards being contrarian in whatever you are discussing with anyone about anything, and if anyone disagrees with you instead of debating them like a adult you resort to an infant-like playground mentality of "well, if you're too stupid to understand", or "if you feel inferior that's your problem", which only serves to confirm to anyone who's read a cross-section of your posts that you cannot and will not entertain the notion that you just might be wrong. And that's pretty much all I have to say to you from this point on as to take it any further would be like trying to use an umbrella in a hurricane - totally pointless.

Reply privately

over a year ago

ruled by london for 300 years and look at the state of the country, being ruled by brussels cant be any worse , infact it will be a blast nowing the south is taking its orders from the continent as well ,

Reply privately

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

"ruled by london for 300 years and look at the state of the country, being ruled by brussels cant be any worse , infact it will be a blast nowing the south is taking its orders from the continent as well , "

Don't you think it defeats the object of independance though? If you can forget your hatred of rule from westminster for a minute, surely its a case (if you take your view point) of out of the frying pan into the fire? look at Greece and Italy? Being told what to do and when to do it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"ruled by london for 300 years and look at the state of the country, being ruled by brussels cant be any worse , infact it will be a blast nowing the south is taking its orders from the continent as well ,

Don't you think it defeats the object of independance though? If you can forget your hatred of rule from westminster for a minute, surely its a case (if you take your view point) of out of the frying pan into the fire? look at Greece and Italy? Being told what to do and when to do it."

With Scottish Independence comes Scotland's forced withdrawal from the EU until Scotland goes through the correct channels and applies for membership in it's own right. Acceptance is not guaranteed though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

RIGHT NO MORE! The government brainwashes the English telling them Scotland doesn't want Independance (Utter Rubbish) Brainwashes the Scotts saying you won't survive on your own look at greece etc. WE'RE TAKING OUR CHANCES NOW GET USED TO IT. FIND YOUR OWN CASH LIKE WE WILL FREEDOM

Reply privately

over a year ago

"RIGHT NO MORE! The government brainwashes the English telling them Scotland doesn't want Independance (Utter Rubbish) Brainwashes the Scotts saying you won't survive on your own look at greece etc. WE'RE TAKING OUR CHANCES NOW GET USED TO IT. FIND YOUR OWN CASH LIKE WE WILL FREEDOM "

pssst... ya gotta have a vote first. If more of ya want to go it alone than those of ya that don't.. etc etc..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"RIGHT NO MORE! The government brainwashes the English telling them Scotland doesn't want Independance (Utter Rubbish) Brainwashes the Scotts saying you won't survive on your own look at greece etc. WE'RE TAKING OUR CHANCES NOW GET USED TO IT. FIND YOUR OWN CASH LIKE WE WILL FREEDOM "

Thats just your take on things..

as all the Scottish that I know DONT want independence, not because they dont think they can fend for themselves, but because they actually LIKE being part of the United Kingdom.

And I do know many many Scottish people through marriage and family and friends and the huge amount of time I spend on Football forums

Cali

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pure Scotts for generations will tell you different! No self respecting Scottish person would say they want to stay under English rule that's laughable sorry! . Do you think we're to weak and usless to manage our own nation. I'M NOT POSTING ON HERE AGAIN. TIME WILL TELL. GOOD LUCK TO YOU

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Does every thread in here have to become about Scottish independence?

Its like groundhog day in here at the moment

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does every thread in here have to become about Scottish independence?

Its like groundhog day in here at the moment"

Reply privately

over a year ago

God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen!

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's the nature of any discussion about keeping the Royals or not - the majority of English people will say yes, and the majority of Scots will say no. Then it evolves into a discussion about independence.

I actually think it's good to discuss it on places like this away from the manipulative spin of the media and politicians as both pro and anti independence sides get a good feel for how people really feel about it.

From what I've seen on here and from English decendents of Scottish stock living in England I'd say that the majority do NOT want total indepedence and favour the alternative that Alex Salmond is now proposing - the so called 'Devo-Max' option.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Its like groundhog day in here at the moment

That's the nature of any discussion about keeping the Royals or not - the majority of English people will say yes, and the majority of Scots will say no. Then it evolves into a discussion about independence.

I actually think it's good to discuss it on places like this away from the manipulative spin of the media and politicians as both pro and anti independence sides get a good feel for how people really feel about it.

From what I've seen on here and from English decendents of Scottish stock living in England I'd say that the majority do NOT want total indepedence and favour the alternative that Alex Salmond is now proposing - the so called 'Devo-Max' option."

Wishy.......shut up and get the ropes out!

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

That is so cruel.. what will yours look like I wonder ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Wishy.......shut up and get the ropes out!"

Um... I've actually fantasised about doing that to you quite few times y'know! All tethered up and at our mercy (I think you could turn Siren)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"the queen and her german for bearers did little for my country maby apart from emptying it so that their rich hangers on can take a bit more land and money that doesnt belong to them off the normal people in my country"

Oh again a Scot who hasn't read history brill! It was the Scottish landlors who emptied the Higlands from their own Clan members to get more sheep on the land for the sale of wool to Europe...It was a Scottish Kong James I who drew up the Union bring England and Scotland together.. Read things like this then Scotland should go their own way no more benefits to Scotland out of the British Pound Sterling, boarder controls the lot. Then 4 years later Scotland is in the same mess as Greece.. Read history before you start something...

Reply privately

over a year ago

well , on independance we might well be outside europe , but so will the south, and i have a fair idea who would be let back in first , and i dont imajine it will be posh dave and his cardboard cut out clegg, lol,

Reply privately

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

"in Edinburgh a few days ago and saw Camilla ,do youi think she takes it up the tradesmans entrance ? being ex navy i think she has a bum like a blood orange or possably like a burst couch ,

That's your future Queen you're referring to there y'know. "

Not my bloody queen not ever!

Duchess of Cornwall yes, Queen never!

Oh and not a HRH either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"well , on independance we might well be outside europe , but so will the south, and i have a fair idea who would be let back in first , and i dont imajine it will be posh dave and his cardboard cut out clegg, lol, "

You're wrong. The United kingdom will still be the United Kingdom just without Scotland. It will still encompass Wales and N.Ireland.

A club doesn't stop being a club because one member decides to leave it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh and not a HRH either.

"

Couldn't agree with you more, think it should by-pass Charles and go straight on to William. Don't think Charles deserves to become king with the way he treated Diana and I certainly don't think Camilla the trollop deserves to become queen. Think all the good that has been done recently would be lost again if this were the case.

Reply privately

By *oystaMan
over a year ago

Liverpool Tuebrook

"the queen and her german for bearers did little for my country maby apart from emptying it so that their rich hangers on can take a bit more land and money that doesnt belong to them off the normal people in my country

Oh again a Scot who hasn't read history brill! It was the Scottish landlors who emptied the Higlands from theiClan members to get more sheep on the land for the sale of wool to Europe...It was a Scottish Kong James I who drew up the Union bring England and Scotland together.. Read things like this then Scotland should go their own way no more benefits to Scotland out of the British Pound Sterling, boarder controls the lot. Then 4 years later Scotland is in the same mess as Greece.. Read histor

y before you start something... "

Reply privately

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

"And while you're there, go to any library and look up 'Ivy League'.. they epitomise inequality in the USA."

Or any search engine with slavery, or race relations, USA.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought it wasnt all. and thats why Albert set up Torchwood,now WHO is that an. I anagram of again i wonder hmm?"

it can't be dr who only 5 letters

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh and not a HRH either.

Couldn't agree with you more, think it should by-pass Charles and go straight on to William. Don't think Charles deserves to become king with the way he treated Diana and I certainly don't think Camilla the trollop deserves to become queen. Think all the good that has been done recently would be lost again if this were the case."

Camilla a trollop? What is your reasoning for that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Couldn't agree with you more, think it should by-pass Charles and go straight on to William. Don't think Charles deserves to become king with the way he treated Diana and I certainly don't think Camilla the trollop deserves to become queen. Think all the good that has been done recently would be lost again if this were the case."

Charles was as much a victim of circumstance as Diana was. Charles never loved Diana in the way that he should, and would have loved his wife had he been free to marry the woman he really wanted to - which was Camilla. He knew her long before she married Parker-Bowles but the 'Establishment' didn't favour her, and preferred Diana instead. How much that has to do with her family pulling strings and his family yanking Charles away from Camilla and towards Diana will probably never be made known publicly, but any of us on here know that a marriage without love is doomed from the beginning.

As for the Succession, Charles is first in line by birthright, and his wife SHOULD be Queen regardless of whether she's been married before or not. That's where the Royal Family/Protocol/Establishment needs to move in line with modern thinking (allowing the first born to accede to the thrown if that child happens to be a girl is not enough).

Camilla has been good for Charles and he is a much happier man because of her. How can that be a bad thing?

Reply privately

over a year ago

shhhhh its giving the fat ones a break

Reply privately

over a year ago

The fact that she couldn't/wouldn't keep out of Charles life and let him get on with it when he married Diana. She wouldn't wait for him when he went away with the navy, she buggered off and got herself married to someone else. Think she managed to f*** up a lot of lives. MY views only but I really can't stand the woman, think she has a lot to answer to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree with what Wishy say Charles is happier with Camilla, but at what cost to his children??? Divorce is bad enough in any family but the way his two sons have had to have this played out in public must have been very hard for them. Think he is a very selfish man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Couldn't agree with you more, think it should by-pass Charles and go straight on to William. Don't think Charles deserves to become king with the way he treated Diana and I certainly don't think Camilla the trollop deserves to become queen. Think all the good that has been done recently would be lost again if this were the case.

Charles was as much a victim of circumstance as Diana was. Charles never loved Diana in the way that he should, and would have loved his wife had he been free to marry the woman he really wanted to - which was Camilla. He knew her long before she married Parker-Bowles but the 'Establishment' didn't favour her, and preferred Diana instead. How much that has to do with her family pulling strings and his family yanking Charles away from Camilla and towards Diana will probably never be made known publicly, but any of us on here know that a marriage without love is doomed from the beginning.

As for the Succession, Charles is first in line by birthright, and his wife SHOULD be Queen regardless of whether she's been married before or not. That's where the Royal Family/Protocol/Establishment needs to move in line with modern thinking (allowing the first born to accede to the thrown if that child happens to be a girl is not enough).

Camilla has been good for Charles and he is a much happier man because of her. How can that be a bad thing?"

Reply privately

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

"Pure Scotts for generations will tell you different! No self respecting Scottish person would say they want to stay under English rule that's laughable sorry! . Do you think we're to weak and usless to manage our own nation. I'M NOT POSTING ON HERE AGAIN. TIME WILL TELL. GOOD LUCK TO YOU "

JUST FOUND HOW GOOD THIS THREAD IS, WOW!

English rule, what English rule, tony blair is of Scottish decent and Gordon the idiot Brown is as Scottish as you get as was most of their cabinet colleagues.

Just a question to those that are looking forward to independence; how much exactly, of the National Debt are you taking with you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The fact that she couldn't/wouldn't keep out of Charles life and let him get on with it when he married Diana. She wouldn't wait for him when he went away with the navy, she buggered off and got herself married to someone else. Think she managed to f*** up a lot of lives. MY views only but I really can't stand the woman, think she has a lot to answer to."

And Diana was a saint? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing i have read on this thread so far. Charlie never loved her, she was simply a rent a womb who was a virgin and could bear kids. In return her family were well rewarded and their failing estate put back in order. Not a bad gig if you can get it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I agree with what Wishy say Charles is happier with Camilla, but at what cost to his children??? Divorce is bad enough in any family but the way his two sons have had to have this played out in public must have been very hard for them. Think he is a very selfish man."

divorce was inevitable. Blame your Queen for making home marry someone he did not love for that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As for the Succession, Charles is first in line by birthright, and his wife SHOULD be Queen regardless of whether she's been married before or not. That's where the Royal Family/Protocol/Establishment needs to move in line with modern thinking (allowing the first born to accede to the thrown if that child happens to be a girl is not enough)"

Camilla could, if royal protocol is kept, assume the title of Queen consort of United Kingdom and sixteen Commonwealth realms in the event of the Prince of Wales succeeding to the throne.[2] Camilla is known as the Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, and as the Duchess of Cornwall elsewhere.[3]

wiki

Reply privately

over a year ago

I firmly believe that once charles is King he'll insist that Camilla has the title of Queen. How could he truly love her and not support her rightful claim via marriage to the title.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"it is with great regret that i have to concede that it probably wont go the way i want it. Unfortunatly for as long as there has been a country called scotland there has been a goodly amount of folk that allways see scotlands interests best served by being governed by another country . Wales has the same problem .2014 could be the end game , should we lose the right to self governance by our own people instead of a different country then scotland will probably be absorbed into greater englandshire and be nothing more than a memory depicted in rather dodgy mel gibson films and on tins of tarten shortbread .

If the Scots want to go it alone then let it truly be alone....without furher decades of handouts.

"Handouts". Little Englander rubbish.Sotland is not given money by the English government, it is given money by the UK government, just as England is.

And perhaps you should ask yourself why every UK government is so keen to keep Scotland in the union? Could it be that they know something you don't?"

Who mentioned an 'English Government'?....only you.

I mentioned 'Britain'.....

And it's not me calling for English independence....it's a handful of Scots on here calling for Scottish independence....I say if they want it...give it to them.

But no financial assistance from the rest of the UK after they have their independence......

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"well , on independance we might well be outside europe , but so will the south, and i have a fair idea who would be let back in first , and i dont imajine it will be posh dave and his cardboard cut out clegg, lol, "

Nah......the United Kingdom would remain in the EU....you would have to re-apply for membership.

I'd vote against letting you into the EU myself.....

Reply privately

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Just to lighten the mood..

Camilla says to the Queen "Every time I suck Charles' penis I get acid indigestion"

The Queen replies "Have you tried Andrews?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And it's not me calling for English independence....it's a handful of Scots on here calling for Scottish independence....I say if they want it...give it to them.

But no financial assistance from the rest of the UK after they have their independence......"

I don't think it will be as simple as that. The Greece/Euro fiasco is proving that withdrawal from an intrinsic and complex arrangement can't be accomplished overnight. Scottish Independence - if that's what they vote for - will only be acheived over a period of months, maybe even a year, and the UK will have to fund Scotland until it can support itself. You'd do no less for a child leaving home, wouldn't you?

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"And it's not me calling for English independence....it's a handful of Scots on here calling for Scottish independence....I say if they want it...give it to them.

But no financial assistance from the rest of the UK after they have their independence......

I don't think it will be as simple as that. The Greece/Euro fiasco is proving that withdrawal from an intrinsic and complex arrangement can't be accomplished overnight. Scottish Independence - if that's what they vote for - will only be acheived over a period of months, maybe even a year, and the UK will have to fund Scotland until it can support itself. You'd do no less for a child leaving home, wouldn't you? "

No....but my kids are English so I would treat them far better....

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think it will be as simple as that. The Greece/Euro fiasco is proving that withdrawal from an intrinsic and complex arrangement can't be accomplished overnight. Scottish Independence - if that's what they vote for - will only be acheived over a period of months, maybe even a year, and the UK will have to fund Scotland until it can support itself. You'd do no less for a child leaving home, wouldn't you?

No....but my kids are English so I would treat them far better.... "

Good point. There's little use throwing money at an adolescent who has a propensity to waste it on copious amounts of lager, is there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen!

"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pure Scotts for generations will tell you different! No self respecting Scottish person would say they want to stay under English rule that's laughable sorry! . Do you think we're to weak and usless to manage our own nation. I'M NOT POSTING ON HERE AGAIN. TIME WILL TELL. GOOD LUCK TO YOU

JUST FOUND HOW GOOD THIS THREAD IS, WOW!

English rule, what English rule, tony blair is of Scottish decent and Gordon the idiot Brown is as Scottish as you get as was most of their cabinet colleagues.

Just a question to those that are looking forward to independence; how much exactly, of the National Debt are you taking with you?

"

Not to mention David Cameron of course.

Reply privately

over a year ago

scotland has been ruled from london for over 300 years , london called the shots , london made an arse of it , london bankrupted all our countrys , when we become a free and independant country , well you will just have to solve the debt problem on your own you cant rule a country , then when it gets free of your clutches sat " well i know we made an arse of the finances ,but you are going to have to give us money so we can maby sort out things , dont work that way ,its the uk debt , we wont be part of the uk , so its your problem not ours if you get into difficulty , send us a postcard

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if you think I am a Trotskyist though. How delicious!

No, you're no Trotskyist - you're not consistent enough to be categorised except for your belligerent attitude towards being contrarian in whatever you are discussing with anyone about anything, and if anyone disagrees with you instead of debating them like a adult you resort to an infant-like playground mentality of "well, if you're too stupid to understand", or "if you feel inferior that's your problem", which only serves to confirm to anyone who's read a cross-section of your posts that you cannot and will not entertain the notion that you just might be wrong. And that's pretty much all I have to say to you from this point on as to take it any further would be like trying to use an umbrella in a hurricane - totally pointless."

Tut tut someone is getting hot under the collar!!

As for being inconsistent, I'll refrain from quoting Proudhon, but people like you seem to think that everyone can be divided into two camps politically and that is very naive. There are many , many camps.

But here's another one of my 'inconsistencies' for you. I was a Trotskyist back in the 70s, but now, if I were asked whom I thought was the best Prime Minister in living memory, I'd say Edward Heath.

Ponder on that if you will.

Reply privately

over a year ago

well, this thread is close to being closed due to hitting 175 posts.

must say, its been an interesting discussion from what started as being a bit of "silliness". it has got a bit heated at times but with only a little bit of rudeness and name calling.

all in all though, a really good thread and would like some more like this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if you think I am a Trotskyist though. How delicious!

No, you're no Trotskyist - you're not consistent enough to be categorised except for your belligerent attitude towards being contrarian in whatever you are discussing with anyone about anything, and if anyone disagrees with you instead of debating them like a adult you resort to an infant-like playground mentality of "well, if you're too stupid to understand", or "if you feel inferior that's your problem", which only serves to confirm to anyone who's read a cross-section of your posts that you cannot and will not entertain the notion that you just might be wrong. And that's pretty much all I have to say to you from this point on as to take it any further would be like trying to use an umbrella in a hurricane - totally pointless.

Tut tut someone is getting hot under the collar!!

As for being inconsistent, I'll refrain from quoting Proudhon, but people like you seem to think that everyone can be divided into two camps politically and that is very naive. There are many , many camps.

But here's another one of my 'inconsistencies' for you. I was a Trotskyist back in the 70s, but now, if I were asked whom I thought was the best Prime Minister in living memory, I'd say Edward Heath.

Ponder on that if you will."

TROTSKYIST = Del Boy Trotter lover

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

hurt... no I don't think so.. I told you to go and educate yourself on facts you clearly are ill-informed about.. and I pointed out that a degree in history doesn't mean that you studied the monarchy.

I do love the way you keep inferring that I have an inferiority complex.. do you actually think if you say it enough that I will believe it???

Anyway, the fact is that many of your posts have been on things that are not in anyway true.. As people we are entitled to our beliefs, and you are allowed to think that the royal family are not good for our country, but please if you are going to state things, make sure your "facts" are indeed facts.

I btw am also qualified quite highly in history but as history spans a HUGE amount of time and areas there is no way I am an expert on everything..

Same as despite my little piece of paper sticking on my wall to say I can understand human behaviour, there will always be aspects and areas I do not know.

So please remember that just because x amount of years ago you got a qualification that it does not make you the expert in the whole field.

Cali

"

As you clearly aren't a History graduate, I don't quite see why you think you know what a History graduate is or isn't likely to know. But if you are an expert on the monarchy, I look forward to reading your dissertation concerning the House of Cerdic and the House of Godwin and why it is that the present monarch claims to have blood from both royal houses in her.

Reply privately

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

If that's the reason you want independence then I'm afraid you're in for a shock, you the Scots, that is, will have your share of the combined national debt of the whole of the united kingdom. Which if divided on a per capita basis will let you off lightly if you consider the recent RBS & HBOS debacle!

But you will get some of the debt.

Reply privately