Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

talkin' 'bout ma generation ...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

what were the main feature and events of yours?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

my formative years were the 80s.I was born in 68.So for me,it was the Miners strike,the cold war and the falklands

By *orflondonerMan
over a year ago

Wood Green

also as a young kid in the 70s ,i remember the 3 day week.plus you can add terrorist bombings to that as well

over a year ago

I remember seing that hostage thing, was just round the corner from where I was working in Baker Street. Stopped working in London shortly after was so stressed out by the events going down at that time.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"what were the main feature and events of yours?"

John Lennon's murder (I was in Room M18 at school chatting with my mates when my bessie mate came in with a trannie (radio, not cross dresser) and whacked the volume up for the news - teacher came in a coupla mins later and sat with us while we listened to Imagine then we talked about loss in registration instead of the normal crap))

Band Aid - "just give us the fucking money".....who's gonna drive you home....

Being a New Romantic.....Door Lady at local disco following me and my mate and our 2 boyfriends out as Jase had dropped a bangle and saying to me..."Here Caz, that tall lass dropped her bangle".....

How's that song go? "Those were the days my friend......"

over a year ago

"what were the main feature and events of yours?

John Lennon's murder (I was in Room M18 at school chatting with my mates when my bessie mate came in with a trannie (radio, not cross dresser) and whacked the volume up for the news - teacher came in a coupla mins later and sat with us while we listened to Imagine then we talked about loss in registration instead of the normal crap))

Band Aid - "just give us the fucking money".....who's gonna drive you home....

Being a New Romantic.....Door Lady at local disco following me and my mate and our 2 boyfriends out as Jase had dropped a bangle and saying to me..."Here Caz, that tall lass dropped her bangle".....

How's that song go? "Those were the days my friend......" "

Hey remember that song on my first parent free holiday. (at my mates aunties) lol

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

rave, driving to warehouses and dancing the night away, massages of strangers, worshipping djs, the tottenham bagel shop at 6 am, sabersonics and the heavenly socials...feeling everyone you meet is your friend...and dancing naked in the rain!

Earlier...

the miners strike, storing pressies for the miners kids in our spare bedroom(its how i found out there was no santa claus)street after street of boarded up houses, no work and seeing people thrown on the scrap heap..

i am pretty sure the first was related to the second...wanting to believe ppl were good and it wasnt all about me me me

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Attempting the Keswick to Barrow 40 mile walk in 1984 as one of the girls at college had put our names down for it but didn't tell me till the week before so I did no training. I always think of it this time of year as it was yesterday and a lot of folk I know are now footsore and have raised a lot of dosh for various charities (I managed 26 miles of it before my feet fell off)

over a year ago

This has gotta sum up my glory days, spent most of my time at concerts and festivals.

Silver Machine - Hawkwind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7up1MzwxhI

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cool brittania, Brit pop, tony Blair.

over a year ago

All the 90's and 00's music, the eclipse and milenium were massive events and i guess the olympics are too.

over a year ago

The 66 World Cup... Moon Landing... And all the above...

over a year ago

"my formative years were the 80s.I was born in 68.So for me,it was the Miners strike,the cold war and the falklands"

I was born in 68 too, live in Grimethorpe in Barnsley, totally decimated by the miners strike and still not recovered

over a year ago

"my formative years were the 80s.I was born in 68.So for me,it was the Miners strike,the cold war and the falklands

I was born in 68 too, live in Grimethorpe in Barnsley, totally decimated by the miners strike and still not recovered "

Home of the Worlds best colliery band...

The joy and the irony...

over a year ago

The miners strike, rave music, acid house, the introduction of ecstasy in to main stream news, the millennium bug lol, but one of my most vivid memories is me and my friends sat in a pub the Saturday of the very first lottery draw talking about what we would do if we won, the bar even turned off the music for the draw so everyone could hear the numbers,

over a year ago

I became a teenager in the late 60's. Think it was a great time. Good music and and the start of hedonism and changing attitudes

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

seeing england win the world cup on a black & white tv set,no england team will ever will it.

great music about in late 690 early 70s & it still played today!,i think they are classics now!.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Gosh me and jay had this conversation the other week.

I was officially born when we won the world cup and put man on the moon but too young to remember.

I remember radio one being launched

Colour television

video recorders

First home computers

First british woman prime minister

Think the "single" biggest event was the mourning of princess diana in the uk. Worldwide i twin towers.

First test tube baby

When jay and i where discussing it its amazing what difference 22 years makes.

Post new Message to Thread