Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anyone can get abs.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am watching a fun documentary on youtube called I want abs here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ted-vl-Vd0 and his quest is to get ripped and the slogan is abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen, it is all about being in a deficit for few months with increased training sessions with cardio, what is your view on it? I am currently dieting to get mine to the next level

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cheers shag but I’m happy in my dad bod!!!!

T

over a year ago

"Cheers shag but I’m happy in my dad bod!!!!

T"

Yw and that is good too

over a year ago

Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Whilst I appreciate the hard work that goes into a ripped physique... I like my curves

over a year ago

I need to get back to mine. Kind of let myself go. But, nows the perfect time to start again.

I’ve been saying that for ages though.

over a year ago

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma "
It might be abit harder but it is possible as the process of getting them would take abit longer time and yes a dilemma there too. I think it is as well possible to keep the curves the same time too.

over a year ago

Just do 500 sit ups / a day your be ripped in a couple of months.

We are all lazy ....

By *nto My ArmsMan
over a year ago

Herts/London

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma It might be abit harder but it is possible as the process of getting them would take abit longer time and yes a dilemma there too. I think it is as well possible to keep the curves the same time too. "

There are certainly curvy female athletes with abs.

Goes off to watch reruns of relay teams purely for research purposes...

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma "

When I used to dance, all of us were about a size 6-8 and muscular. Some had abs and some didn't. Others had more pronounced back muscles and others had more pronounced legs muscles or arm muscles. We were all doing pretty much the same excercise so I can only guess that it was perhaps just variation in where the little body fat we had lay.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If nature wanted men to have six packs...................

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Just do 500 sit ups / a day your be ripped in a couple of months.

We are all lazy .... "

I'm not fucking lazy!

A life of family, cooking , cleaning and working a full time job + nursing sick and dying parents , takes all the time in the world...... but it doesn't make people lazy .... P.S. I am not offended , hurt or inconsolable.....

I'd love to be one of those with enough time to be following a passion all day every day.

I am knackered tho ...... life is what kills us in the end

over a year ago

"If nature wanted men to have six packs...................

"

over a year ago

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma It might be abit harder but it is possible as the process of getting them would take abit longer time and yes a dilemma there too. I think it is as well possible to keep the curves the same time too. "

Really? How?

over a year ago

"I am watching a fun documentary on youtube called I want abs here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ted-vl-Vd0 and his quest is to get ripped and the slogan is abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen, it is all about being in a deficit for few months with increased training sessions with cardio, what is your view on it? I am currently dieting to get mine to the next level "

What’s the next level, when your abs are on the outside ?

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Everybody already HAS abs. It's just that some are more hidden than others!

over a year ago

Mine have been on holiday for a few years now.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Everybody already HAS abs. It's just that some are more hidden than others! "

Hidden? I think mine are in another universe.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Everybody already HAS abs. It's just that some are more hidden than others!

Hidden? I think mine are in another universe. "

over a year ago

I'm happy with my dad body

over a year ago

"Just do 500 sit ups / a day your be ripped in a couple of months.

We are all lazy ....

I'm not fucking lazy!

A life of family, cooking , cleaning and working a full time job + nursing sick and dying parents , takes all the time in the world...... but it doesn't make people lazy .... P.S. I am not offended , hurt or inconsolable.....

I'd love to be one of those with enough time to be following a passion all day every day.

I am knackered tho ...... life is what kills us in the end "

You gotta make time . Not list all the reasons why you can’t.

It’s one of those things that you either want to do, Or just find a reason not too... no offence.

I do shift work so in the same boat knackered most of the time.

By *oneyBear100Couple
over a year ago

Gatwick area

I remember abs. Life and dinner stole them years ago

over a year ago

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma It might be abit harder but it is possible as the process of getting them would take abit longer time and yes a dilemma there too. I think it is as well possible to keep the curves the same time too.

Really? How?"

This is an interesting question. I've been training hard and my abs are slowly coming, and I do still have some curves, but I wonder if I am too slim now?

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

"

They'd send them to the shop

over a year ago

over a year ago

My view is I dont need visible abs.

No benefit being a power lifter, bogyfat in the 15-20 % range priveds number of benefits in powerlifting.

They get plenty of work and are strong just not visible.

over a year ago

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma It might be abit harder but it is possible as the process of getting them would take abit longer time and yes a dilemma there too. I think it is as well possible to keep the curves the same time too.

There are certainly curvy female athletes with abs.

Goes off to watch reruns of relay teams purely for research purposes... "

That is right there are and a good example is miranda weiter she got abs with curves too

over a year ago

I think for women it’s body shape! I have abs but my fat is stored on my legs and bum not upper body!

Also diet helps and keep away from food that cause retention!

over a year ago

"Whilst I appreciate the hard work that goes into a ripped physique... I like my curves "

Gotta admit I like your curves too - a lot

By *azpiz1Man
over a year ago

Camberley

Mine are just about visible in the right light...

I have good core strength, and eat just enough / do enough exercise to keep a tummy from forming - good enough for me!

Personally, I prefer curves on a woman to muscle, but each to thier own!

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Not everyone has a six pack, or an 8pack.

Some people have asymmetrical abs (not pefectectly formed)

Some people have 4packs.

Genuinely ectomorphic body types have the best ab formations (guys who started off really skinny). And endomorphic body types (naturally big and circular) have the worst.

Although they're always genetic freaks and everyone's body is made different

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Do i have abs?. Someone once said i had them but do not know how i got them if i have

over a year ago

"Whilst I appreciate the hard work that goes into a ripped physique... I like my curves "
Yes it is alot of hard work as well.

over a year ago

Totally agree. Life gets in the way. Iam not that vain to spend all my free time sculpting the imagined perfect body.

Each to thier own. Some people like the ripped look, some dont.

over a year ago

Was always jealous of skinny kids with abs when younger then realise they are just super thin

over a year ago

I would have a cracking set of abs if I didn't have such a sweet tooth and I could be more disciplined when it comes to food! I'm 38 now and I dont think I'll ever be ripped.

over a year ago

"I would have a cracking set of abs if I didn't have such a sweet tooth and I could be more disciplined when it comes to food! I'm 38 now and I dont think I'll ever be ripped."

Your body is fucking perfect and sexy

over a year ago

"I would have a cracking set of abs if I didn't have such a sweet tooth and I could be more disciplined when it comes to food! I'm 38 now and I dont think I'll ever be ripped.

Your body is fucking perfect and sexy"

over a year ago

I only have them because of the sports I do which mean I need to use a lot of core strength! If I didn’t have those interests I wouldn’t have abs it’s that simple.

over a year ago

"I am watching a fun documentary on youtube called I want abs here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ted-vl-Vd0 and his quest is to get ripped and the slogan is abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen, it is all about being in a deficit for few months with increased training sessions with cardio, what is your view on it? I am currently dieting to get mine to the next level "

I've already got abs. They're just well hidden.

over a year ago

"I am watching a fun documentary on youtube called I want abs here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ted-vl-Vd0 and his quest is to get ripped and the slogan is abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen, it is all about being in a deficit for few months with increased training sessions with cardio, what is your view on it? I am currently dieting to get mine to the next level

What’s the next level, when your abs are on the outside ? "

No but to get the 6pack even more defined and as well for the veins to show more on the whole body and the that is achieved when you reach single digit body fat levels. I am looking to get to about 8% which is the sweet spot there.

over a year ago

it’s all about the diet not so much the exercise, to get your abs to show you have to have almost zero body fat, good luck to anyone who is trying to achieve this look.

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I personally love my oul muffin top!!!

I dont... would love a flatter tummy. Not even looking for a 6pack. Yeah abs are built in the kitchen...protein protein protein

MsD

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think I could reduce my body fat to have visible abs without compromising my health. I have palpable abs under padding.

over a year ago

Everyone should build core strength whether you want abs or not. It's essential as it helps relieve back pain and maintains correct spinal curvature.

I have some visible ab muscles, but I'm not shredded. I'd rather eat and enjoy a night out every now and then than be super strict with a very low bf%.

The only people who care about being super shredded are other men in the gym lol. Flat stomach with some definition is good enough for most people

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I conceal my unsightly abs beneath an aesthetically pleasing layer of subcutaneous fat

over a year ago

so you are basically catfishing all the people on here with your profile picture ?

Because that picture is obviously not you if you don't have abs

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I'd suggest for most the battle would be psychological commitment

Good luck on the next level it can be an emotional roller coaster x

For me , me ( not advice , my route)

I cut out almost all cardio the cardio I would do would be once a week 8 hrs mountaineering or 5 hr gnarly mountain biking

I wish you well

I'm currently maintaining my sanity with maintenance diet and more carbs than usual

over a year ago

"I am watching a fun documentary on youtube called I want abs here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ted-vl-Vd0 and his quest is to get ripped and the slogan is abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen, it is all about being in a deficit for few months with increased training sessions with cardio, what is your view on it? I am currently dieting to get mine to the next level

so you are basically catfishing all the people on here with your profile picture ?

Because that picture is obviously not you if you don't have abs "

No ty I take that as a complement as it is my picture too.

over a year ago

I cut out almost all cardio the cardio I would do would be once a week 8 hrs mountaineering or 5 hr gnarly mountain biking

I wish you well

I'm currently maintaining my sanity with maintenance diet and more carbs than usual "

Your approach is good too and ty pal and that is right it can be that too. I will do some carb loading as well and use different diet strategies along the way instead of using one way as it is more fun with different ways to go about it

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I wish you well

I'm currently maintaining my sanity with maintenance diet and more carbs than usual Your approach is good too and ty pal and that is right it can be that too. I will do some carb loading as well and use different diet strategies along the way instead of using one way as it is more fun with different ways to go about it "

The only right way is the one that keeps you happy and in the correct deficit (happy may be relative)

Enjoy the journey of self discovery

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

It’s extremely hard to get abs as a woman

over a year ago

I have barely focused on abs my whole life yet I've always had them, just lucky I suppose

over a year ago

Naturally skinny, always had em.. need to eat like a pig to maintain! All bodies are different and definition doesn't equal health!

over a year ago

"Cheers shag but I’m happy in my dad bod!!!!

T"

Same here. Much as I want to lose a little weight and slim down a little, I have no desire to have 'abs'

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

"It’s extremely hard to get abs as a woman "

It’s the same effort for men and women but it’s probably less intimidating for and man to go to the gym. Most of it is in the kitchen with the diet.

Great body you have in your pictures

over a year ago

Nottingham

"It’s extremely hard to get abs as a woman

It’s the same effort for men and women but it’s probably less intimidating for and man to go to the gym. Most of it is in the kitchen with the diet.

Great body you have in your pictures "

it’s definitely not the same as a women’s body is not made to have abs read about it

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Wouldn't we all have great abs if there was a dedicated guaranteed sex position to get them?

over a year ago

"Wouldn't we all have great abs if there was a dedicated guaranteed sex position to get them? "

This should be a new thread, name a muscle to work on, now name a sex position to target that muscle!

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"Wouldn't we all have great abs if there was a dedicated guaranteed sex position to get them?

This should be a new thread, name a muscle to work on, now name a sex position to target that muscle! "

By *hampagne_Supernova_91Man
over a year ago

Manchester

As much as I love being toned, I love food and beer more

over a year ago

Nottingham

"Wouldn't we all have great abs if there was a dedicated guaranteed sex position to get them?

This should be a new thread, name a muscle to work on, now name a sex position to target that muscle! "

Need something for my quad and gluts

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Women naturally have higher body fat percentage.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

And may we ask which positions you've frequented to achieve those results, Mr Swim?

over a year ago

This should be a new thread, name a muscle to work on, now name a sex position to target that muscle!

Need something for my quad and gluts"

How long have you got

Cock squat, anal hip thrusts, squat jumps onto a cock lol.. health and safety not guaranteed!

over a year ago

North West

Why would it be less intimidating for men to go to the gym? I love these sorts of over generalisation

over a year ago

"Naturally skinny, always had em.. need to eat like a pig to maintain! All bodies are different and definition doesn't equal health! "

What he said

over a year ago

Its not necessarily the same effort given that women naturally hold more body fat than men.

over a year ago

Why would it be less intimidating for men to go to the gym? I love these sorts of over generalisation "

I'm guessing he's suggesting that gyms tend to be male-dominated forums so maybe more intimidating for some women.

I think he's partly right, but it's still a bit of a generalisation. many men are also intimidated by the gym environment although is suspect that they're less likely to admit it.

By *offee and KinksCouple
over a year ago

Notts/Derby

Ive had abs ... but my bodyweight has to be so low I lose my tits .. not sure the trade off is worth it...

At the minute , enforced absrbce from the gym means the tits are winning

Vixen

over a year ago

North West

Why would it be less intimidating for men to go to the gym? I love these sorts of over generalisation

I'm guessing he's suggesting that gyms tend to be male-dominated forums so maybe more intimidating for some women.

I think he's partly right, but it's still a bit of a generalisation. many men are also intimidated by the gym environment although is suspect that they're less likely to admit it. "

And plenty of us lasses are 0% intimidated by gyms and I'm the only person (of any gender) that trains from a wheelchair at my gym. Obviously I get stared at, but zero fucks given. Plenty of people are intimidated but like you say, maybe guys are less willing to admit?

over a year ago

I think he's partly right, but it's still a bit of a generalisation. many men are also intimidated by the gym environment although is suspect that they're less likely to admit it.

And plenty of us lasses are 0% intimidated by gyms and I'm the only person (of any gender) that trains from a wheelchair at my gym. Obviously I get stared at, but zero fucks given. Plenty of people are intimidated but like you say, maybe guys are less willing to admit? "

You all need to stop this line of thinking, the more intimidating the better, live to rise, surpass, if it was easy it would be crap ??

over a year ago

North West

And plenty of us lasses are 0% intimidated by gyms and I'm the only person (of any gender) that trains from a wheelchair at my gym. Obviously I get stared at, but zero fucks given. Plenty of people are intimidated but like you say, maybe guys are less willing to admit?

You all need to stop this line of thinking, the more intimidating the better, live to rise, surpass, if it was easy it would be crap ??"

¿Qué?

over a year ago

You all need to stop this line of thinking, the more intimidating the better, live to rise, surpass, if it was easy it would be crap ??

¿Qué? "

Or don’t

over a year ago

North West

¿Qué?

Or don’t "

I didn't follow what you meant in the last message......

over a year ago

¿Qué?

Or don’t

I didn't follow what you meant in the last message...... "

Just how people can be put off something because they my find it intimidating, I don’t think anyone should let anything hold them back.

over a year ago

North West

¿Qué?

Or don’t

Just how people can be put off something because they my find it intimidating, I don’t think anyone should let anything hold them back."

Totally agree. But I'm the sort of person who gives zero fucks about most things, nothing intimidates me and so I find it perfectly OK to roll into the gym in my wheelchair and be stared at. But not everyone is like me (or you, by the sound of it?)

over a year ago

¿Qué?

Or don’t

Just how people can be put off something because they my find it intimidating, I don’t think anyone should let anything hold them back.

Totally agree. But I'm the sort of person who gives zero fucks about most things, nothing intimidates me and so I find it perfectly OK to roll into the gym in my wheelchair and be stared at. But not everyone is like me (or you, by the sound of it?) "

Why not ?

over a year ago

North West

¿Qué?

Or don’t

Totally agree. But I'm the sort of person who gives zero fucks about most things, nothing intimidates me and so I find it perfectly OK to roll into the gym in my wheelchair and be stared at. But not everyone is like me (or you, by the sound of it?)

Why not ? "

Because everyone is different, some people have self esteem issues or are convinced they're going to be laughed at or something. We have to remember that not everyone sees the world the way we see it.

over a year ago

¿Qué?

Or don’t

Why not ?

Because everyone is different, some people have self esteem issues or are convinced they're going to be laughed at or something. We have to remember that not everyone sees the world the way we see it. "

Imagine if they could turn that self esteem into a kind of fuel! Motivation

over a year ago

North West

Mr Heated, I think many people with low self esteem or confidence issues would like to be able to change it, but it does seem to be in the very psyche of some people. I'd say we should ensure gyms are as welcoming as possible so that newbies see that there's nothing to be scared of. I quite like the staring as I drag a prowler with 100kg on it behind my chair, but that's probably part of my exhibitionism - I also enjoy being watched in other scenarios

over a year ago

"Mr Heated, I think many people with low self esteem or confidence issues would like to be able to change it, but it does seem to be in the very psyche of some people. I'd say we should ensure gyms are as welcoming as possible so that newbies see that there's nothing to be scared of. I quite like the staring as I drag a prowler with 100kg on it behind my chair, but that's probably part of my exhibitionism - I also enjoy being watched in other scenarios "

tell me more

over a year ago

North West

"Mr Heated, I think many people with low self esteem or confidence issues would like to be able to change it, but it does seem to be in the very psyche of some people. I'd say we should ensure gyms are as welcoming as possible so that newbies see that there's nothing to be scared of. I quite like the staring as I drag a prowler with 100kg on it behind my chair, but that's probably part of my exhibitionism - I also enjoy being watched in other scenarios

tell me more "

You'll have to use your imagination

over a year ago

"Mr Heated, I think many people with low self esteem or confidence issues would like to be able to change it, but it does seem to be in the very psyche of some people. I'd say we should ensure gyms are as welcoming as possible so that newbies see that there's nothing to be scared of. I quite like the staring as I drag a prowler with 100kg on it behind my chair, but that's probably part of my exhibitionism - I also enjoy being watched in other scenarios

tell me more

You'll have to use your imagination "

okay then I will

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Mr Heated, I think many people with low self esteem or confidence issues would like to be able to change it, but it does seem to be in the very psyche of some people. I'd say we should ensure gyms are as welcoming as possible so that newbies see that there's nothing to be scared of. I quite like the staring as I drag a prowler with 100kg on it behind my chair, but that's probably part of my exhibitionism - I also enjoy being watched in other scenarios "

It is fantastic you enjoy the gym

Some can be intimidating to many some gyms can be welcoming to many some gyms can be soulless some vibrant

And any combination of any adjectives one can think of

However no one needs either a gym or cardio for building muscle and or fat reduction and ab revealing

Abs can be developed anywhere and only relative food intake will reveal them if they are not visible

over a year ago

..............."

Many have got 6 packs in my town. 4 packs 8 packs and some alcohol even comes in 12 pack xx

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yes I always thought this was common knowledge , not just abs but body shaping in general 90% of the work is in the kitchen 10% in the gym.

It’s both reassuring and demoralising at the same time This is why keto and fasting works so well

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Some can be intimidating to many some gyms can be welcoming to many some gyms can be soulless some vibrant

However no one needs either a gym or cardio for building muscle and or fat reduction and ab revealing

Abs can be developed anywhere and only relative food intake will reveal them if they are not visible "

It can harder to keep building muscle once you lift above body weight , without a gym. I train using progressive resistance so need to keep feeling something heavier and heavier even for 1-2 reps or I’ll never gain the strength to lift that. If you’re benching 2 plates / 100k or above and the gym shuts you will lose mass - fact

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Abs can be developed anywhere and only relative food intake will reveal them if they are not visible

It can harder to keep building muscle once you lift above body weight , without a gym. I train using progressive resistance so need to keep feeling something heavier and heavier even for 1-2 reps or I’ll never gain the strength to lift that. If you’re benching 2 plates / 100k or above and the gym shuts you will lose mass - fact "

Gymnasts hardly ever use weights

Actually I'd suggest bodyweight exercises are harder than almost all but a deadlift

I can bench over 110 kg and still struggle with planche push ups

Not many can do bw handstand push up and same with strict pull up let alone a back leaver or iron cross

Weights for me are used as a progression to build up to bodyweight and then angles and leverages

How many single arm pulls can you do ? I can do a poor 2

Single arm wide push 3

In my opinion BW or gymnastic strength yoga callanetics are the king of strength and power that the gym weights help achieve with more simple progressions

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

It can harder to keep building muscle once you lift above body weight , without a gym. I train using progressive resistance so need to keep feeling something heavier and heavier even for 1-2 reps or I’ll never gain the strength to lift that. If you’re benching 2 plates / 100k or above and the gym shuts you will lose mass - fact "

I do bench over that

Or more to point I use 47.5 dumbbells for reps thank you however my rings are up and mass is maintained. Isometric s can be great for maintaining sstrengthened muscle and volume for building

over a year ago

North West

Mr Sensual Touch, if one has a condition that means the muscles in one leg have atrophied and don't move due to nerve damage, would you expect them to be able to perform the gymnastic moves you described? Eg I cannot perform a straight leg raise, I can't push or pull the leg even against gravity. I can't stand still on it and rely on it holding me up, I use a stick. Etc. Serious question, not a facetious one.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It can harder to keep building muscle once you lift above body weight , without a gym. I train using progressive resistance so need to keep feeling something heavier and heavier even for 1-2 reps or I’ll never gain the strength to lift that. If you’re benching 2 plates / 100k or above and the gym shuts you will lose mass - fact

Actually I'd suggest bodyweight exercises are harder than almost all but a deadlift

Not many can do bw handstand push up and same with strict pull up let alone a back leaver or iron cross

Weights for me are used as a progression to build up to bodyweight and then angles and leverages

Single arm wide push 3

In my opinion BW or gymnastic strength yoga callanetics are the king of strength and power that the gym weights help achieve with more simple progressions"

Get what you are saying and for most things with a bit of creativity yes, but struggle with chest.

Plus sometimes it just feels great to put on some hardcore thrash or DnB and just lift really heavy weights , relives the stress and simpler to get pumped !

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Single arm wide push 3

In my opinion BW or gymnastic strength yoga callanetics are the king of strength and power that the gym weights help achieve with more simple progressions

Get what you are saying and for most things with a bit of creativity yes, but struggle with chest.

Plus sometimes it just feels great to put on some hardcore thrash or DnB and just lift really heavy weights , relives the stress and simpler to get pumped ! "

Seriously I'm a gym bunny I love to lift heavy yup it feels amazing

I was only commenting on efficacy

I did discover a truth though years ago that was I'd choose gym weights rather than certain bw moves because the gym was easier lol

My planche is still pretty pants and give me a 190 dead lift over a front leaver for 30 seconds any day

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I've dieted down to visible abs, but since

a)I've got an ileostomy which needed a laparotomy and therefore have a massive scar where my abs have been cut through, and they didn't line up after and so are "wonky"

And

b) I have loose skin where a hernia was

I can't be arsed with it anymore.

over a year ago

Single arm wide push 3

Plus sometimes it just feels great to put on some hardcore thrash or DnB and just lift really heavy weights , relives the stress and simpler to get pumped ! "

I too get what you are saying but gymnastic strength is very different to gym/powerlifting strength.

I probably cant do a single arm pull up, handstand shoulder press or planche push ups, I can do strict pull ups.

Its horses for courses. Bodyweight stuff has no carry over to powerlifting as it doesn't produce the required CNS stimulation/overload.

You can maintain a good level of strength and muscle mass without weights but it has limits.

All I know is my strength is decreasing by the day.

2 months out the gym and I'm looking at 10-15% drop in strength, 3 months or more and it will be over 20%.

Whatever I lose will take twice as long to regain

over a year ago

North West

"I've dieted down to visible abs, but since

a)I've got an ileostomy which needed a laparotomy and therefore have a massive scar where my abs have been cut through, and they didn't line up after and so are "wonky"

And

b) I have loose skin where a hernia was

I can't be arsed with it anymore. "

Looking at your pics, you have nothing to worry about

over a year ago

I've always had abs ...

over a year ago

I doubt mine will surface unless COVID-19 takes out Mr. Kipling....

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Single arm wide push 3

Plus sometimes it just feels great to put on some hardcore thrash or DnB and just lift really heavy weights , relives the stress and simpler to get pumped !

I too get what you are saying but gymnastic strength is very different to gym/powerlifting strength.

I probably cant do a single arm pull up, handstand shoulder press or planche push ups, I can do strict pull ups.

Its horses for courses. Bodyweight stuff has no carry over to powerlifting as it doesn't produce the required CNS stimulation/overload.

You can maintain a good level of strength and muscle mass without weights but it has limits.

All I know is my strength is decreasing by the day.

2 months out the gym and I'm looking at 10-15% drop in strength, 3 months or more and it will be over 20%.

Whatever I lose will take twice as long to regain "

Well you are a bit of extreme x

I will say for my dead lift I'm using slabs and rigged up some scaffold poles under my car

In fact damn I'm using slabs a lot

My point however for most no gym should not cause great issue and bodyweight gymnastic move should not be underestimated as easy low strength moves

Trx bands household items can all be used effectively and imaginatively by most at most levels of skill and mobility to achieve goals in a fun way

It's either that be positive and keep going or not

Bear in mind the main point was I suggested a gym is not really required for abs that became a tad mutated and lost xx

over a year ago

I wish you well

I'm currently maintaining my sanity with maintenance diet and more carbs than usual Your approach is good too and ty pal and that is right it can be that too. I will do some carb loading as well and use different diet strategies along the way instead of using one way as it is more fun with different ways to go about it

The only right way is the one that keeps you happy and in the correct deficit (happy may be relative)

Enjoy the journey of self discovery "

Ty pal and that is right and the same for you

over a year ago

I wish you well

I'm currently maintaining my sanity with maintenance diet and more carbs than usual Your approach is good too and ty pal and that is right it can be that too. I will do some carb loading as well and use different diet strategies along the way instead of using one way as it is more fun with different ways to go about it

Enjoy the journey of self discovery Ty pal and that is right and the same for you "

over a year ago

I heard to get abs you have to have a certain body fat percentage and maintain it.

Sounds like a constant struggle. Il stick with my keg.

over a year ago

Nottingham

"I heard to get abs you have to have a certain body fat percentage and maintain it.

Sounds like a constant struggle. Il stick with my keg."

Yes that is true and for a woman it’s really difficult to do as it messes up your menstrual cycle and hormones x

By *thwiltsmMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Is it worth sacrificing some of your muscle gain to get down to the 8% shag?

You look in great shape as you are

over a year ago

"Is it worth sacrificing some of your muscle gain to get down to the 8% shag?

You look in great shape as you are"

Ty pal and no it is not. I am just doing summer shredding for 3 months to get abit more definition then back to slow bulking again, how is your training going?

over a year ago

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Yeah it's easy just wake up look down and they are still there.. done . Then I eat shit loads all day

By *nkforthekinkMan
over a year ago

london/fareham

Agree with his slogan!

Once upon a time when I was a major gym freak I ended up being training partners with a guy called Aaron Hallet who was aiming to compete in the ukbbf under 90kg intermediates. He taught me so so much about the body and how to get results quickly that last! Google him think he’s still a big role in most bodybuilding forums!

In short!

We bulked up together for 14weeks to a strict 8meals a day high calorie diet! High water! Heavy weights high reps! No cardio!

Then came the cutting stage 12 weeks before the show! Diet decreased, less meals, no carbs after 6pm or before 9am, gradually dropping water consumption throughout.

Training was up’d to twice a day- cardio 7am which was interval training on the treadmill minute fast jog minute walk for 30mins total. 15mins skipping.

Back at the gym in the afternoon for a weigh session 3 sets up to pb then dropped back down the weights until failure! For every exercise!

That was followed by 200 sit ups across 4 different excises and another half hour interval training on the treadmill!

The end result Aaron finished 3rd in the U.K.

And I was in the best shape in my life!

I personally found keeping strict with the diet help the abs s_ine!

Hope this helps! Apologies for waffling on haha

over a year ago

Agree with his slogan!

Once upon a time when I was a major gym freak I ended up being training partners with a guy called Aaron Hallet who was aiming to compete in the ukbbf under 90kg intermediates. He taught me so so much about the body and how to get results quickly that last! Google him think he’s still a big role in most bodybuilding forums!

In short!

We bulked up together for 14weeks to a strict 8meals a day high calorie diet! High water! Heavy weights high reps! No cardio!

Then came the cutting stage 12 weeks before the show! Diet decreased, less meals, no carbs after 6pm or before 9am, gradually dropping water consumption throughout.

Training was up’d to twice a day- cardio 7am which was interval training on the treadmill minute fast jog minute walk for 30mins total. 15mins skipping.

Back at the gym in the afternoon for a weigh session 3 sets up to pb then dropped back down the weights until failure! For every exercise!

That was followed by 200 sit ups across 4 different excises and another half hour interval training on the treadmill!

"

Yes it does and that is fine, that is alot of working out and dieting as well with him, it also shows that by time you can change your body with switching through different phases such as bulking and cutting everything that some eats have to be tracked for the best result, it is fun as well

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I have abs....

They hide behind lunch

over a year ago

Agree with his slogan!

In short!

Yes it does and that is fine, that is alot of working out and dieting as well with him, it also shows that by time you can change your body with switching through different phases such as bulking and cutting everything that some eats have to be tracked for the best result, it is fun as well "

Bulking and cutting just doesn't work for me. Prefer to eat in a constant slight deficit. But then I am 48yo so my physiology/dietary requirements have changed and I feel I have less margin for error. I put on muscle easily but also fat easily unless I am super-disciplined which fortunately I am.

over a year ago

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma

When I used to dance, all of us were about a size 6-8 and muscular. Some had abs and some didn't. Others had more pronounced back muscles and others had more pronounced legs muscles or arm muscles. We were all doing pretty much the same excercise so I can only guess that it was perhaps just variation in where the little body fat we had lay."

Totally agree with you. The key word is variation. We all will respond to diet and exercise differently. There is no correlation between being healthy /fit and six packs. . I would rather be fit and do the things I want to do than have a six pack and muscle bound. I guess it's a personal choice.

over a year ago

"Don’t you think this is much harder for women? I’d love to get a six pack just to see if I can, but don’t want to lose my curves. Dilemma

When I used to dance, all of us were about a size 6-8 and muscular. Some had abs and some didn't. Others had more pronounced back muscles and others had more pronounced legs muscles or arm muscles. We were all doing pretty much the same excercise so I can only guess that it was perhaps just variation in where the little body fat we had lay.

Totally agree with you. The key word is variation. We all will respond to diet and exercise differently. There is no correlation between being healthy /fit and six packs. . I would rather be fit and do the things I want to do than have a six pack and muscle bound. I guess it's a personal choice. "

I disagree, I think there's a strong correlation. Surely you're far more likely to have a 6 pack if you're healthy and fit than if you aren't.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Totally agree with you. The key word is variation. We all will respond to diet and exercise differently. There is no correlation between being healthy /fit and six packs. . I would rather be fit and do the things I want to do than have a six pack and muscle bound. I guess it's a personal choice.

I disagree, I think there's a strong correlation. Surely you're far more likely to have a 6 pack if you're healthy and fit than if you aren't. "

Sadly I disagree

Abs may be correlated to fitness

So yes many athletes have abs

However health is different

Many malnourished have abs

And sadly many athletes myself at times past have exercised beyond health to achieve a higher level of fitness, please do not confuse a bodies fitness with its health

Pushing the body to achieve, extremes of strength fitness endurance or low body fat can most certainly impact its health

By *rindiMan
over a year ago

chester

I disagree, I think there's a strong correlation. Surely you're far more likely to have a 6 pack if you're healthy and fit than if you aren't.

Sadly I disagree

And sadly many athletes myself at times past have exercised beyond health to achieve a higher level of fitness, please do not confuse a bodies fitness with its health

Pushing the body to achieve, extremes of strength fitness endurance or low body fat can most certainly impact its health "

This exactly

By *iptopcoolMan
over a year ago

mid

I have abs but as I don’t like to show them off I prefer to hide them under my fat belly

over a year ago

Sadly I disagree

Pushing the body to achieve, extremes of strength fitness endurance or low body fat can most certainly impact its health "

Lets not overcomplicate this. I wouldn't disagree with any of your points but I'm obviously not talking about the extremes of elite performance. None of us here are elite athletes seeking the elusive marginal competitive edge.

Good health and fitness for the average person, is surely about eating a clean, whole food diet, exercising consistently within reasonable parameters and without pushing it to the punishing extremes sought by those in the competitive sphere.

In that sense good health and fitness do most certainly go hand in hand.

over a year ago

Sadly I disagree

Pushing the body to achieve, extremes of strength fitness endurance or low body fat can most certainly impact its health

Lets not overcomplicate this. I wouldn't disagree with any of your points but I'm obviously not talking about the extremes of elite performance. None of us here are elite athletes seeking the elusive marginal competitive edge.

Good health and fitness for the average person, is surely about eating a clean, whole food diet, exercising consistently within reasonable parameters and without pushing it to the punishing extremes sought by those in the competitive sphere.

In that sense good health and fitness do most certainly go hand in hand. "

That is right and that is what everyone should do as well, eat clean and exersice as it is good for the body and as well for the feel good factor

Post new Message to Thread