Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reply = Interest?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you think if someone replies to your message that that means that the person is automatically interested in you or where just being polite and having conversation?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not at all, just polite more than anything else

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

It can be both so it depends on the wording of the reply really

over a year ago

I reply to most, even the men that message asking for fun. Dont mean I'm interested, just I'm a friendly person who will at least chat to anyone

By *Mids guyMan
over a year ago

Lichfield

"Do you think if someone replies to your message that that means that the person is automatically interested in you or where just being polite and having conversation?

"

I do both, each to their own

By *ear in the chairMan
over a year ago

Godstone

It is a swing site designed for meeting people so depends on the message and the reply really.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

near Colchester

"Do you think if someone replies to your message that that means that the person is automatically interested in you or where just being polite and having conversation?

"

Manners don't cost anything.

But depends if the reply says 'fuck off fatty'

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"It can be both so it depends on the wording of the reply really "

this

over a year ago

Ugh most men do

It’s annoying

Some men compliment me and seem lovely and I wanna thank them. But usually when I do, they assume I’m interested

It’s hard, I feel like a bitch sometimes when I just delete messages. But ah well

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

"

In your case i’d say very interested

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

I think if a woman replies you are in a virtual marriage and virtually live together...

over a year ago

"

Just politely replying.

Or starting conversation.

I like a more obvious sign . Like “ we want your cock “ if they are interested.

over a year ago

Try to reply to most,unless they keep on

over a year ago

I reply to all my messages, just being polite

over a year ago

But depends if the reply says 'fuck off fatty' "

I get those messages too!!

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"I think if a woman replies you are in a virtual marriage and virtually live together... "

Oh shit....well then I'm a virtual bygamist many times over

over a year ago

"I think if a woman replies you are in a virtual marriage and virtually live together... "

Very funny

Alas so true to some guys on here

over a year ago

Have to say I do understand that women get bombarded with messages, so I can hardly blame them if they cant reply to everyone they aren't interested in.

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Nope, we reply at times as we may simply want to respond to a decent message. Does not necessarily mean we are interested

over a year ago

"

I'm always polite

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

near Colchester

I get those messages too!! "

Damn fine bum young lady.

over a year ago

"I reply to all my messages, just being polite "

This

over a year ago

As a single guy, I’ve found a reply means they’re interested. I always reply, whether that be to say I’m not interested or that I am, but a lot of single females who make up the majority of messages I send, either don’t reply or delete and block, so 9 times out of 10 a reply means interest in my experience.

over a year ago

I've just had a message from a bloke and replied saying I'm straight and he was ok with that, no horrid ness or anything

over a year ago

Tough one , some you reply back to and they think your an item , others you reply back too and they ignore you ? Strange

By *layfulserfMan
over a year ago

Northolt

It depends what the reply says.

It could be politness, to create conversationor to say no thankyou.

If a message is deleted i always take that as a No.

If it is left read, well maybe you have made their maybe pile for further consideration or will be discussed with their partner.

Its so nice to get a reply even if it just to say 'sorry you are not for me / us'

By *hampagne_Supernova_91Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Does entirely depend on their replies really, could just be being polite but could be interested.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"I think if a woman replies you are in a virtual marriage and virtually live together...

Very funny

Alas so true to some guys on here "

But the virtual divorce can be messy and not sure who gets the virtual kids... I’m in a virtual mess here

over a year ago

"I've just had a message from a bloke and replied saying I'm straight and he was ok with that, no horrid ness or anything "

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you have them blocked?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I assume nothing- a reply is a reply nothing more, it may lead to further conversation which may lead to interest but a single reply in itself means nothing...have had many a conversation here that has fizzled over a period of time to prove that

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"I think if a woman replies you are in a virtual marriage and virtually live together...

Oh shit....well then I'm a virtual bygamist many times over "

Naughty... that’s time in virtual jail

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

We always reply to messages, except the "wanna f&@k" ones

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

If someone has put a bit of effort into their message I do reply. If I'm not sure if I'm interested I'll leave it open for them to reply so I can see if we can get a conversation started and see if it leads anywhere. I do let people know if I am not interested though x

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Oh shit....well then I'm a virtual bygamist many times over

Naughty... that’s time in virtual jail "

As long as it's a virtual womens jail

over a year ago

"I've just had a message from a bloke and replied saying I'm straight and he was ok with that, no horrid ness or anything

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you have them blocked?"

Why would I ? He was only saying hello so no need to block

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

For me it’s rare I get a message and now as no clubs it is probably even rarer that I will speak to new people outside of my friends circle

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The reply means no more than the content of the reply.

Many of us will chat with or meet many people who we aren't interested in sexually. The site is not instashag nor rellymeansdefiniteshag dot com.

No one should expect that even if having surpassed messages, social meet or other milestones that someone will have guaranteed action.

This is a social venture and especially so during this period of social isolation. People may not turn out to be your partner but may ultimately be a good friend, support buddy or introduce you to people who they know. Heck, they may be the easiest person for you to chat with if you are ever visiting a club for the first time etc.

The reply meant only what its contents were at that time. The sender may already have other interests.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/03/20 14:50:36]

over a year ago

No and it depends what kind of reply. If it is very to the point and doesn't allow you to engage further, by asking questions back or sharing something, then I dont feel like making effort again/don't want to become a nuisance.

over a year ago

"I've just had a message from a bloke and replied saying I'm straight and he was ok with that, no horrid ness or anything

Why would I ? He was only saying hello so no need to block "

He means you can block all males from messaging you ,

over a year ago

He means you can block all males from messaging you , "

Thanks I'll have to get that done. Thanks again

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I reply to most of my messages. It doesn't mean I'm interested usually we might exchange a few messages and that's all. Recently tho I don't reply to as many. As too many take a reply as you are going to meet them.

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"

No I sometimes just politely reply back if it’s just a general question but I keep it short, Not that I want to carry on chatting but because I don’t want to rude.

Guys tend to think that a reply is a sign for more sometimes tho lol

over a year ago

"

The latter. I never assume a reply indicates interest.

over a year ago

"Ugh most men do

It’s annoying

Some men compliment me and seem lovely and I wanna thank them. But usually when I do, they assume I’m interested

It’s hard, I feel like a bitch sometimes when I just delete messages. But ah well"

I have the same experience or they will as me a general question and I'll answer and in their next message they'll reply with something explicit even though the context didn't call for it. This is a swingers site not a fuck site.

over a year ago

Could be being polite and bored

over a year ago

"

Definitely the latter. It's a welcome opportunity to interact and explore personalities. It might lead to something else but usually wouldn't.

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Ugh most men do

It’s annoying

It’s hard, I feel like a bitch sometimes when I just delete messages. But ah well"

Yes this...you simple just say thank you to a compliment and they feel like it’s you opening the door

over a year ago

No I sometimes just politely reply back if it’s just a general question but I keep it short, Not that I want to carry on chatting but because I don’t want to rude.

Guys tend to think that a reply is a sign for more sometimes tho lol"

Yea they do it's weird

By *nexpectedExplorerMan
over a year ago

Gower

I can get friend zoned on here just as quickly as in normal life, I’m ok with that haha

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Ugh most men do

It’s annoying

It’s hard, I feel like a bitch sometimes when I just delete messages. But ah well

I have the same experience or they will as me a general question and I'll answer and in their next message they'll reply with something explicit even though the context didn't call for it. This is a swingers site not a fuck site."

And this too lol

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"Ugh most men do

It’s annoying

Yes this...you simple just say thank you to a compliment and they feel like it’s you opening the door "

This is why the 'no reply is a reply' was made part of the rules

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"I can get friend zoned on here just as quickly as in normal life, I’m ok with that haha"

Lol I want to know why you get friend zoned now

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

near Colchester

It is possible that some of us guys just want to say something nice.

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Ugh most men do

It’s annoying

Yes this...you simple just say thank you to a compliment and they feel like it’s you opening the door

This is why the 'no reply is a reply' was made part of the rules"

Sadly not everyone gets that tho hun.

Some just clearly haven’t got the rule book...

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Stockport

If they reply it's because they're being polite. If they message me in the first place them I assume interest.

Just to say unsolicited messages are a rarity lol

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"It is possible that some of us guys just want to say something nice. "

No that’s understandable and most of wouldn’t happily just take a nice message or a compliment.

It’s when they think that a reply means that you’re seeing them next week. Or if you reply to the second message saying “sorry I’m not interested” the next question is always “but why”

By *aythreeMan
over a year ago

croydon

To be honest I would just love a reply every now and then haha! ????

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

near Colchester

"It is possible that some of us guys just want to say something nice.

No that’s understandable and most of wouldn’t happily just take a nice message or a compliment.

It’s when they think that a reply means that you’re seeing them next week. Or if you reply to the second message saying “sorry I’m not interested” the next question is always “but why” "

My last reply normally consist of me saying "Best wishes and good luck"

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

In all honesty I get more replies than not and it’s always a pleasant reply even though there may not be any interest .... and I also reply to all that message me ... don’t see the point of being a cock Womble about it... it’s nice to be nice... except those that have abused me... you can kiss my hairy white arse

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Not until they say they're interested. Honestly I'm pretty awful at picking up any kind of subtle hints anyway so a bright neon sign is usually the best way

over a year ago

A reply definitely doesn't mean they are interested! This is actually the reason I rarely reply... And even if they have pointed out they aren't my type or that they know I am not looking, far too many see that, because we are getting on,during convoy about whatever they contacted me about, it means they are definitely up for getting a meet... They aren't!

over a year ago

"A reply definitely doesn't mean they are interested! This is actually the reason I rarely reply... And even if they have pointed out they aren't my type or that they know I am not looking, far too many see that, because we are getting on,during convoy about whatever they contacted me about, it means they are definitely up for getting a meet... They aren't! "

*conversation ffs!

over a year ago

I go with the principle of - Treating people the way I would like to be treated.

Assuming someone is interested always bears a risk.

Let's not also forget us (people) are just sophisticated animals.

Some behaves better than others. Some need to be told, some need to be ignored and some need to be shot.

Good day folks.

over a year ago

Lots do reply just to chat, but when the convo turns to why arent you meeting, or we could meet I usually just fade away. I also fade away in general I am a terrible messagee.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

I reply to all messages... I'm not interested it all I reply to

over a year ago

It could be ether depending what the reply is

By *ittleREDridingWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I reply to all my messages, just being polite "

You must be on here 24/7 very committed, well done

over a year ago

Bit of a difficult one this.

Unless the lady is interested in me in no uncertain terms....."come round and fuck me NOW" lol, I tend not to make a nuisance of myself. I can usually tell by the way the conversation wains.

over a year ago

Why would I ? He was only saying hello so no need to block "

I mean just have your filters set so men can’t message

over a year ago

Lol

over a year ago

"Not at all, just polite more than anything else"
fuck me!your hot...

over a year ago

"

sorry, got distracted there...

i would say being polite.

over a year ago

I mean just have your filters set so men can’t message "

Because not all men are douches and I'm am interested in meeting single men and also the post isn't just directed at men as I find that couples do the same.

By *attooed gentMan
over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

Reply = being polite

Just because someone has replied doesn’t mean there interested unless they state otherwise

over a year ago

Good manners and politeness cost nothing and are even more important now

I don't see a reply to a message as an I'm interested I see it as someone who maybe just wants a chat

By *ire_thornMan
over a year ago

no comment

"

Depends on the context.

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

But depends if the reply says 'fuck off fatty' "

Aw.....Chunky

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"

depends on the message contents, a general message doesn't usually mean she wishes to jump me, but a guy can wish.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

near Colchester

Aw.....Chunky "

I know. They could've at least said "please fuck off fatty"

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

Aw.....Chunky

I know. They could've at least said "please fuck off fatty" "

Post new Message to Thread