Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

hague,prat or what.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hague,says work harder and create wealth,yes but who is the wealth being created for ,because as far as i can see its all for those who already have got enough .Yes we all need too do our bit ,but i think most of us would not mind if the said wealth was distribuated a little more evenly,which i cant see .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

and work where?? every day more and more businesses are closing down!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Typical i'm alright jack attitude from a tory.

over a year ago

"Hague,says work harder and create wealth,yes but who is the wealth being created for ,because as far as i can see its all for those who already have got enough .Yes we all need too do our bit ,but i think most of us would not mind if the said wealth was distribuated a little more evenly,which i cant see ."

Bloody work hard for it then, like the man says.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I don't usually comment on Political threads but if you are going to quote a politician at least give them the courtersy to be accurate. The quote was from the Sunday Telegraph and was actually

Foreign Secretary William Hague has called on bosses to stop "complaining" about the economy and work harder.

He wasn't talking about us joe soaps as implied by the OP

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"I don't usually comment on Political threads but if you are going to quote a politician at least give them the courtersy to be accurate. The quote was from the Sunday Telegraph and was actually

Foreign Secretary William Hague has called on bosses to stop "complaining" about the economy and work harder.

"

but then again, i can increase my personal wealth by working harder, and longer hours, so i do.

problem solved. i have enough to buy shit with.

by gum i think they are onto something!

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I don't usually comment on Political threads but if you are going to quote a politician at least give them the courtersy to be accurate. The quote was from the Sunday Telegraph and was actually

"

+1

over a year ago

Good job you missed the question mark off the thread title, as it's no question, he is.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"Good job you missed the question mark off the thread title, as it's no question, he is. "

And sadly is one of the most sensible - but isn't it implied that as a boss is just the head of a collective ie a company he means everybody has to work harder including Joe soap and that is what he meant - but it's really just trying to delfect attention from the government's poor performance

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

yay, another short sighted labourite pop at the current government.

yippee!!

at least its 1 less fat post

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"yay, another short sighted labourite pop at the current government.

yippee!!

at least its 1 less fat post"

I think you will find that this stupid little tory with the same atatude he had when he started off in politecs statment has underling statment ,because we are all aware that it was "aimed"at the buiness world but the knock on effect is the work force will pick up the tab .Try this. if they do get on there bikes and pick up more work ,the knock on will be the work force will have more work . NO .in a capitalst society what will happen is they will go down the job centre and get hiring,now this can be good ,but ,they will be hired at min wages ,have very little employment rights ,you try keeping a family on £6 odds a hour. or like in our area, a larg local company started to hire due to a big upturn in work ,now did they hire local people and pay them the going rate in there company which was £7.50 ph ,NO .they hired polish at £6,odd, now tell me thats right.

over a year ago

but then again, i can increase my personal wealth by working harder, and longer hours, so i do.

problem solved. i have enough to buy shit with.

by gum i think they are onto something!"

Or working smarter.

over a year ago

The day you reflect and find you have set up, and successfully run your own business is the day you will realise that you have a little something that others do not.

And you deserve to reap the benefits.

That said I do not agree with some of the exploitation going on at the moment due to people's desparate situations but anyone who successfully runs a business of their own is entitled to make their own choices as long as they are legal.

over a year ago

" or like in our area, a larg local company started to hire due to a big upturn in work ,now did they hire local people and pay them the going rate in there company which was £7.50 ph ,NO .they hired polish at £6,odd, now tell me thats right."

A local company you say?

In a Labour controlled ward? Or are you SNP in your area?

What's that got to do with William Hague?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

yippee!!

at least its 1 less fat postI think you will find that this stupid little tory with the same atatude he had when he started off in politecs statment has underling statment ,because we are all aware that it was "aimed"at the buiness world but the knock on effect is the work force will pick up the tab .Try this. if they do get on there bikes and pick up more work ,the knock on will be the work force will have more work . NO .in a capitalst society what will happen is they will go down the job centre and get hiring,now this can be good ,but ,they will be hired at min wages ,have very little employment rights ,you try keeping a family on £6 odds a hour. or like in our area, a larg local company started to hire due to a big upturn in work ,now did they hire local people and pay them the going rate in there company which was £7.50 ph ,NO .they hired polish at £6,odd, now tell me thats right."

no its not right, and never would be, but i can almost guarantee they werent NEW immigrants, but ones already here, possibly living in the local area, so just because they arent scottish doesnt mean they arent local.

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

yippee!!

at least its 1 less fat postI think you will find that this stupid little tory with the same atatude he had when he started off in politecs statment has underling statment ,because we are all aware that it was "aimed"at the buiness world but the knock on effect is the work force will pick up the tab .Try this. if they do get on there bikes and pick up more work ,the knock on will be the work force will have more work . NO .in a capitalst society what will happen is they will go down the job centre and get hiring,now this can be good ,but ,they will be hired at min wages ,have very little employment rights ,you try keeping a family on £6 odds a hour. or like in our area, a larg local company started to hire due to a big upturn in work ,now did they hire local people and pay them the going rate in there company which was £7.50 ph ,NO .they hired polish at £6,odd, now tell me thats right.

no its not right, and never would be, but i can almost guarantee they werent NEW immigrants, but ones already here, possibly living in the local area, so just because they arent scottish doesnt mean they arent local."

The system isnt fair, but people always oversimplify the argument against immigrants,and apart from a years after the A8s came in thier impact on britains overall population was not as massive as the press would have us believ in fact it wasnt that long ago that our population was shrinking. there are also differnt types of imigrants too 1, assylum seekers/refugees tend to get lumped in with economic migrants yet on the whole they are not here by choice and tend to come from the middle or upper classes of thier societys, hence many are teachers,doctors, civil rights campaigners, lawyers,politicians (not the last two are necessarily a good thing LOL)and as such are not likey to come here to spunge off the system.

economic migrants will have a mix of those using the system as well as those grafters wanting to do well for themselve, and its an unfortunate flaw in the system that young fit people who come here with no ties from a poor country can afford to work for less than someone here with a mortgage and family,

The A 8 influx led to many such coming here most worked bloody hard for a pittance less than they deserve for thier work but they were being used to undercut local labour the same way that english backpackers fruitpicking used to affect things in australia.

The imbalance also went both ways as many with money went to eastern europe buying up land and forcing land and house prices to rise. we can either accept the system as is or change it but lets not have a go at migrants for getting by as best they can thats just setting one set of vistims against another.

Post new Message to Thread