Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum running club week 14

Jump to newest

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

This is not our normal running club this is covid rubbing club. Only essential activity required!!!!

Apologies missed week 13; and anyway it’s unlucky.

So now on to week 14. This week after spending best part of 2 weeks self isolating. Nice to get out and around park. 2*2km fitness has complete gone but nice to do something.

For those that are daily excesise good on ya

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did 5km with my girlfriend yesterday to try and keep some semblance of a routine going. And as I'm still in the office still running home from work a few days a week while observing social distancing.

Also noticing while running and walking people seem friendlier and almost everyone is making an attempt to distance when near other people which is a good thing

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"Did 5km with my girlfriend yesterday to try and keep some semblance of a routine going. And as I'm still in the office still running home from work a few days a week while observing social distancing.

Also noticing while running and walking people seem friendlier and almost everyone is making an attempt to distance when near other people which is a good thing "

We have noticed this too, its been really nice to exchange greetings as passing by.

By *exy studMan
over a year ago

Derby

It should of been the Derby 10k run today but it is cancelled so I am going to run 10k on my own ??

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"Did 5km with my girlfriend yesterday to try and keep some semblance of a routine going. And as I'm still in the office still running home from work a few days a week while observing social distancing.

Also noticing while running and walking people seem friendlier and almost everyone is making an attempt to distance when near other people which is a good thing

We have noticed this too, its been really nice to exchange greetings as passing by. "

Lots of this and then you have that pair of idiots. Normally young blokes who refuse to move and keep the distance .. but on the whole been great

over a year ago

Swansea

We have noticed this too, its been really nice to exchange greetings as passing by.

Lots of this and then you have that pair of idiots. Normally young blokes who refuse to move and keep the distance .. but on the whole been great"

Funnily enough we experienced those lads too, these ones were drinking cider and throwing their cans in to the river as we went passed. One said to me "there's nothing else to do sorry"... my other half gave a response back that isn't worth repeating lol x

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Lots of this and then you have that pair of idiots. Normally young blokes who refuse to move and keep the distance .. but on the whole been great

Funnily enough we experienced those lads too, these ones were drinking cider and throwing their cans in to the river as we went passed. One said to me "there's nothing else to do sorry"... my other half gave a response back that isn't worth repeating lol x"

Aye, we've a couple of scallies near us that have made a camp by the riverside and hang out drinking and smoking all day long

That aside, I'm enjoying my daily run, and mixing it up between trail and road. What's great around this area is that there's no one out and about, so I've the countryside to myself

over a year ago

Swansea

Funnily enough we experienced those lads too, these ones were drinking cider and throwing their cans in to the river as we went passed. One said to me "there's nothing else to do sorry"... my other half gave a response back that isn't worth repeating lol x

Aye, we've a couple of scallies near us that have made a camp by the riverside and hang out drinking and smoking all day long

That aside, I'm enjoying my daily run, and mixing it up between trail and road. What's great around this area is that there's no one out and about, so I've the countryside to myself "

Perfect!

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Today with a mixture of walk,brisk walk and jog done my 5km.

A proper slow time but the idea is to get fitness back

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Not able to get out and do much trail running at the moment, as I'd have to drive into the hills (selfish), so I'm keeping to the rural roads, but forgotten how different running on tarmac is

over a year ago

Swansea

I (her) had a lovely 8 mile run this morning before starting work.

One of my favourite routes, running through the beautiful Welsh countryside. Some little hills to challenge the legs and fantastic scenary, as well as that smell of the countryside... blooming lovely run x

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Talking about zombies at work this morning... Made me go and install the Zombies, Run! App

Made the solo run tonight a bit more interesting, though I got caught once when running uphill

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

5km run today...slowly getting fitness back

Sub31 not quick pace. It good enough for a training run

Nice to get out and about round my local park

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

So today I decided to do a 5km (4km brisk walk with last 1km jog). 38.31 slowly getting back to fitness. 1km jog was about 20 secs slower than I would have liked but getting there

By *ussD1Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Just about to go out for a nice steady (slow) run. 6 or more miles.

over a year ago

Not posted for a while, now on a 12 day run streak thanks to a combination of self isolation and being unemployed having lost my job.

Have a 140m loop around my garden, done 660 laps over those 12 days, about to head out to do 100 laps, first attempt at breaking the 3 figure barrier.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Going every other day and trying to maintain low heart rate to increase endurance

over a year ago

"So today I decided to do a 5km (4km brisk walk with last 1km jog). 38.31 slowly getting back to fitness. 1km jog was about 20 secs slower than I would have liked but getting there "

Good to see you getting back out there mate

over a year ago

"Not able to get out and do much trail running at the moment, as I'd have to drive into the hills (selfish), so I'm keeping to the rural roads, but forgotten how different running on tarmac is "

Tarmac just isn't the same isnt it

over a year ago

9 miles home from work tonight. Mainly trail which was fun. On a Friday I tell my girlfriend (she's working at home, I'm not) my route and she runs out to meet me along the route and we then run home together, it's quite a nice way to end the week as we are both under a lot of work pressure at the moment

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

"So today I decided to do a 5km (4km brisk walk with last 1km jog). 38.31 slowly getting back to fitness. 1km jog was about 20 secs slower than I would have liked but getting there

Good to see you getting back out there mate "

Well as you know mate from elsewhere i have been ok compared to others just taking a while to get fit again.

By *ussD1Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Rest day today.

over a year ago

I’m still working back to it, run every other day doing 5km but this week small increases last nights was 7.5km

Post new Message to Thread