Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

NHS staff

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How many other members like myself are in the NHS and how are you all coping with the work and dealing with the stress and stopping yourselves burning out

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Enjoying my days off like now. 5 days a week was enough to be there.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 08:31:54]

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Working from home since last Tuesday. Luckily I'm not front line. However, more power and PPE to them all from what I am reading!!

over a year ago

You've read right we are running low on masks aprons and body bags

over a year ago

Im NHS, back to work Monday as been on annual leave for a week. Frightened about returning tbh x

over a year ago

Be well rested and be sure to read up on the daily updates as rules change nearly daily

By *olieandSlaveCouple
over a year ago

Stafford

Eating well, multivitamins and trying to sleep. My immune system needs to be at it's best for when I get it

over a year ago

"Eating well, multivitamins and trying to sleep. My immune system needs to be at it's best for when I get it "

I've been trying the same myself I can feel it badly in my legs tho

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm trying to get early nights. We're keeping each other in good spirits with funny videos and general silliness.

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Hats off to you all. Thank you xxxxx

By *olieandSlaveCouple
over a year ago

Stafford

"Eating well, multivitamins and trying to sleep. My immune system needs to be at it's best for when I get it

I've been trying the same myself I can feel it badly in my legs tho "

It when you feel it in your chest you need to worry

Look after yourself first. You are the only one who can do that right now x

over a year ago

"I'm trying to get early nights. We're keeping each other in good spirits with funny videos and general silliness."

We just trying to keep up our banter at work but even that is dying down

By *ottielayWoman
over a year ago

by the bay

I’m so glad im off today

I’ve been stressed and irritated at work all week

I’m a lot calmer at home

over a year ago

"I’m so glad im off today

I’ve been stressed and irritated at work all week

I’m a lot calmer at home "

I cant wait for my day off but in for 5 more shifts yet

By *artini_Girl_1980Woman
over a year ago

Low Moor

My friend hornymarriedcougar has just uploaded a photo in her outfit. She wants some fabs on her photo

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm trying to get early nights. We're keeping each other in good spirits with funny videos and general silliness.

We just trying to keep up our banter at work but even that is dying down "

We've got a WhatsApp group going with a rule of positivity only. It's mostly full of funny links, praise to each other at the end of a hard day and pet photos haha. It's also a nice way for out self isolating co-workers or those working from home due to health conditions to keep in touch with the rest of us.

over a year ago

"My friend hornymarriedcougar has just uploaded a photo in her outfit. She wants some fabs on her photo"

If she sees her uniform as an outfit to capitalise on then she shall receive no praise from me.

over a year ago

"My friend hornymarriedcougar has just uploaded a photo in her outfit. She wants some fabs on her photo

If she sees her uniform as an outfit to capitalise on then she shall receive no praise from me. "

By *om and BarbaraCouple
over a year ago

Moreton in Marsh

I'm working overtime and extra shifts and I'm tired but the patients are so apprehensive and even in my small way, I make a difference.

over a year ago

Yeah nhs had to shave off my beard to wear masks and hands are sore as fuck from constant washing. But dont care. Remember not just Nhs doing good job, so many key workers in all types of work. X

over a year ago

I think you all do a fab job

By *omplexMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Mrs currently working 7days due to been understaffed which resulting in no play time with her tired and worried about the whole event happening x

over a year ago

It’s real tough, but alas there’s no sense of humour like ours and I suppose that’s helping me and my team through x

over a year ago

Yeah important to keep up the banter and support each other. Weve done bake offs, where winner gets pack.of toilet rolls, got a WhatsApp group to take piss etc. Got to look out for workmates.

over a year ago

The NHS and key workers are doing an outstanding job but sadly parading around here in their uniforms with body parts hanging out is not very acceptable, sorry , that’s how I feel.x

over a year ago

"The NHS and key workers are doing an outstanding job but sadly parading around here in their uniforms with body parts hanging out is not very acceptable, sorry , that’s how I feel.x"

What the hell? Where did that come from? You saying they can't be on here?

over a year ago

"The NHS and key workers are doing an outstanding job but sadly parading around here in their uniforms with body parts hanging out is not very acceptable, sorry , that’s how I feel.x

What the hell? Where did that come from? You saying they can't be on here? "

No, I’m definitely not saying that but half naked in NHS uniform is not very good.

over a year ago

"The NHS and key workers are doing an outstanding job but sadly parading around here in their uniforms with body parts hanging out is not very acceptable, sorry , that’s how I feel.x

No, I’m definitely not saying that but half naked in NHS uniform is not very good."

There's plenty of folks on here who have photos of themselves in Uniform.

Sorry but I'm really not understanding where you're coming from. What does it matter. It takes nothing away from the amazing and stressful work they're currently doing.

over a year ago

What the hell? Where did that come from? You saying they can't be on here? "

Of course they can, and everyone is thankful to them. Just seems a little I'll thought out to making an extra effort to get attention on here at this particular time?

You know as well as I do that service personnel often get lambasted on here for announcing their vocation?

over a year ago

No, I’m definitely not saying that but half naked in NHS uniform is not very good.

Sorry but I'm really not understanding where you're coming from. What does it matter. It takes nothing away from the amazing and stressful work they're currently doing. "

I have a thread on this. It is irresponsible especially when they have other public pictures of their face. Anything that brings your employers name into disrepute is a sackable offence. Being on a site like this would do exactly that.

over a year ago

Sorry but I'm really not understanding where you're coming from. What does it matter. It takes nothing away from the amazing and stressful work they're currently doing. "

Like I said “that’s how I feel”...I’m not looking for an argument but am voicing my feelings like everyone else is free to do so on here...The End

over a year ago

Sorry but I'm really not understanding where you're coming from. What does it matter. It takes nothing away from the amazing and stressful work they're currently doing.

I have a thread on this. It is irresponsible especially when they have other public pictures of their face. Anything that brings your employers name into disrepute is a sackable offence. Being on a site like this would do exactly that. "

By *addubMan
over a year ago

dublin. 12

I can only speak for myself but I would like to thank all of the Frontline workers from doctors to shelf Packers in the shops you all deserve a medal for putting up with all the abuse that is rampant in all your lines of duty. people who moan & complain about all you godsends deserve a good kick up the arse I have seen people who treat the shop workers like shit.

if it weren't for those shelf Packers cashier's even cleaners we would be in a lot worse place so show your appreciation to them even if it's a thank you your doing a great job would be appreciated by any Frontline worker.

If they stop working we start starving.not forgetting the refuse collectors they haven't stopped either they are working through this so we can stay safe.

Thank you one and all.

over a year ago

I have a thread on this. It is irresponsible especially when they have other public pictures of their face. Anything that brings your employers name into disrepute is a sackable offence. Being on a site like this would do exactly that. "

Well I guess that's a fair enough argument. Apologies.

over a year ago

"I can only speak for myself but I would like to thank all of the Frontline workers from doctors to shelf Packers in the shops you all deserve a medal for putting up with all the abuse that is rampant in all your lines of duty. people who moan & complain about all you godsends deserve a good kick up the arse I have seen people who treat the shop workers like shit.

if it weren't for those shelf Packers cashier's even cleaners we would be in a lot worse place so show your appreciation to them even if it's a thank you your doing a great job would be appreciated by any Frontline worker.

If they stop working we start starving.not forgetting the refuse collectors they haven't stopped either they are working through this so we can stay safe.

Thank you one and all."

over a year ago

"The NHS and key workers are doing an outstanding job but sadly parading around here in their uniforms with body parts hanging out is not very acceptable, sorry , that’s how I feel.x"

I agree .... flaunting their profession for attention. Egos are fascinating things

By *he_virgin_maryWoman
over a year ago

Here, there and everywhere!

I work in the NHS although not as direct frontline, however I'm still manic busy and struggling to cope.

Today was my 9th day in a row at work, I've had to come home though as I am full of a cold and seriously need to recharge my batteries.

over a year ago

Our hospital.had closed to nearly all visitors unless essential eg maternity. So the canteen is just for staff, theyve cut prices by 50%, but is still shite lol.

over a year ago

It's a stackable offence and if she on the NMC register she won't be for much longer if she's caught!

over a year ago

"My friend hornymarriedcougar has just uploaded a photo in her outfit. She wants some fabs on her photo

If she sees her uniform as an outfit to capitalise on then she shall receive no praise from me. "

Well said

over a year ago

Currently off work with symptoms but as I work for the nhs I'm lucky enough to have been tested. Hopefully its negative and I can get back to work. We're exhausted, anxious and scared about what's going on but all the lovely support we're getting really gives us a boost xx

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

It is hard and will get worse. Being exhausted is not good but i am finding it difficult to sleep. Not being able to see my mum or daughter is not helping matters and knowing that my 2 well needed holidays have bn cancelled has added extra stresses.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

It's unprofessional and not needed. Sure the NMC would agree.

over a year ago

"I'm trying to get early nights. We're keeping each other in good spirits with funny videos and general silliness.

We just trying to keep up our banter at work but even that is dying down

We've got a WhatsApp group going with a rule of positivity only. It's mostly full of funny links, praise to each other at the end of a hard day and pet photos haha. It's also a nice way for out self isolating co-workers or those working from home due to health conditions to keep in touch with the rest of us. "

Someone at work today showed me a whatsapp group like that

over a year ago

"I'm working overtime and extra shifts and I'm tired but the patients are so apprehensive and even in my small way, I make a difference. "

My porters are doing all the extra shifts they can to help cover for the people we have lost to covid 19

over a year ago

Honestly I'm terrified. My department is being redeployed with half a days training and it feels like lambs to the slaughter. If I survive this I'll be looking at leaving the NHS after 17 years service and retraining as something else sadly because I just can't face putting my family at risk like this again. As selfish as that sounds my son only has me.

over a year ago

Me..... busy days but worth it. Xx

over a year ago

Can i jus say on behalf of the uk THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing people honestly made me have a long hard think about how selfish i am!!!

By *H and HJCouple
over a year ago

Bangor

Yep NHS here (H). Scary times and total social distancing to protect those that we love.

over a year ago

Really do feel sorry for you guys , your are on our prayers very second good bless you all be safe xx

By *xycpl699Couple
over a year ago

kilmarnock

over a year ago

feel your pain amigo . I’m a truck driver . For all of my career maximum driving/working hours 55 a week . Health and safety .

All food/fuel drivers now pulling 40hrs over time on top of 55hr week . 4th emergency service

All in this together . And big shout out to all nhs workers coming face to face with the virus , genuinely terrifying .

Once again it has to be said . Never was so much Owed by so many to so few .

We salute you .

By *xycpl699Couple
over a year ago

kilmarnock

"feel your pain amigo . I’m a truck driver . For all of my career maximum driving/working hours 55 a week . Health and safety .

All food/fuel drivers now pulling 40hrs over time on top of 55hr week . 4th emergency service

All in this together . And big shout out to all nhs workers coming face to face with the virus , genuinely terrifying .

Once again it has to be said . Never was so much Owed by so many to so few .

We salute you . "

over a year ago

Mini rant...

What about those who work in social care???

Seems we are forgotten about and yet we work with the most vulnerable children or adults in society.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Wow this may not mean much but well done guys and very much appreciated.

if I could buy all of you lot a drink I would

over a year ago

If she sees her uniform as an outfit to capitalise on then she shall receive no praise from me.

"

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I’m nhs but self isolating for last 10 days due to symptoms for cv. I’m ready to go back now once my 14 days are over

over a year ago

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"Mini rant...

What about those who work in social care???

Seems we are forgotten about and yet we work with the most vulnerable children or adults in society. "

I take my hat off too you if you work in social care. I can how you are often over looked. Keep up the good work

over a year ago

All front line key working need thanking in these times

By *urse4visitsWoman
over a year ago

hull

Me I'm nhs frontline x

over a year ago

How many of us are starting to feel like we are burning out

By *olieandSlaveCouple
over a year ago

Stafford

"How many of us are starting to feel like we are burning out "

I'll be honest, I was burning out before all of this, to the point I had just got another position (due to start late april, not sure that will happen now!) However, actually having bureaucracy lifted and resources to work with, I have a new passion! There again, I love crisis response and quick turnover work

over a year ago

"Yeah nhs had to shave off my beard to wear masks and hands are sore as fuck from constant washing. But dont care. Remember not just Nhs doing good job, so many key workers in all types of work. X"

My wife is a midwife and my hats are of to all you guys you all do a outstanding job.. would also like to say you all deserve a massive pay rise and a little appreciation as well...

over a year ago

"How many of us are starting to feel like we are burning out

I'll be honest, I was burning out before all of this, to the point I had just got another position (due to start late april, not sure that will happen now!) However, actually having bureaucracy lifted and resources to work with, I have a new passion! There again, I love crisis response and quick turnover work"

Takes a certain type of person to work in that type of situation day in day out. So hats off to you for sure.

By *olieandSlaveCouple
over a year ago

Stafford

I'll be honest, I was burning out before all of this, to the point I had just got another position (due to start late april, not sure that will happen now!) However, actually having bureaucracy lifted and resources to work with, I have a new passion! There again, I love crisis response and quick turnover work

Takes a certain type of person to work in that type of situation day in day out. So hats off to you for sure."

I'd rather pants off when this is done!

over a year ago

I'm doing a mixture of working from home and front line, but they look to redeploy as things develop. I don't think its professional to be posting selfies in your uniforms on here.

over a year ago

Takes a certain type of person to work in that type of situation day in day out. So hats off to you for sure.

I'd rather pants off when this is done! "

I totally agree will need some great fun at the end of this

By *olieandSlaveCouple
over a year ago

Stafford

I totally agree will need some great fun at the end of this "

We've earned it!

over a year ago

We've earned it! "

People will need to arrange a NHS orgy for us al to destress and have some well earned fun

By *omesticflightMan
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Yeah I'm frontline.

Deal with it by denial I suppose. Still doesn't seem 'real' to me. Hope there's no worse to come.

over a year ago

We've earned it! "

Yeah hats off, pants off, nhs orgy. Im in for sure

over a year ago

We've earned it!

Yeah hats off, pants off, nhs orgy. Im in for sure

"

Woukd defo help us all blow off some stress and have fun

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Frontline. Not enough PPE. Workforce dropping like flies (self isolation, shielding). Feels like the wheels are about to fall off. Scared.

over a year ago

Bad news for me I'm now locked at home for at least 7 days

over a year ago

"Frontline. Not enough PPE. Workforce dropping like flies (self isolation, shielding). Feels like the wheels are about to fall off. Scared. "

Similar in my area too. We are having to receive from Govt direct distribution at our site, stock take and issue as and when what is required. Stuff is already getting stolen all over the shop! This means some of my admin team and I are working longer and over weekends in able to provide supplies for the community/hospital staff.

over a year ago

Frontline member of staff here.

Have some PPE.

Just waiting for the sh*t to hit the fan.

over a year ago

"I'm doing a mixture of working from home and front line, but they look to redeploy as things develop. I don't think its professional to be posting selfies in your uniforms on here. "

Totally agree re Uniform posting

over a year ago

Frontline here and now off on a weeks annual leave. Slept a lot over last couple of days as was drained - was a strange week. Dreading going back next week already but at least batteries will be charged. Sending love to all my colleagues round the country #be safe xx

over a year ago

"Yeah nhs had to shave off my beard to wear masks and hands are sore as fuck from constant washing. But dont care. Remember not just Nhs doing good job, so many key workers in all types of work. X"

By *kcpl4fun321Couple
over a year ago

milton Keynes

Mr off to new Nightingale Hospital this week. God bless and keep safe x

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

P is NHS keyworker on nights but she will now be frontline as her ward is being changed from stroke rehab to Covid. While I'm stuck at home I'm doing everything so she only has to worry about herself and her patients.

over a year ago

"P is NHS keyworker on nights but she will now be frontline as her ward is being changed from stroke rehab to Covid. While I'm stuck at home I'm doing everything so she only has to worry about herself and her patients."

By the end of the week my hospital will be a total red zone for covid19

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"P is NHS keyworker on nights but she will now be frontline as her ward is being changed from stroke rehab to Covid. While I'm stuck at home I'm doing everything so she only has to worry about herself and her patients."

Well done for supporting P and removing the pressure of home life from her don’t think families of nhs staff will get recognition enough during this time. And that’s from an nhs worker

over a year ago

"P is NHS keyworker on nights but she will now be frontline as her ward is being changed from stroke rehab to Covid. While I'm stuck at home I'm doing everything so she only has to worry about herself and her patients.

Well done for supporting P and removing the pressure of home life from her don’t think families of nhs staff will get recognition enough during this time. And that’s from an nhs worker "

We all have to help and support each other atm

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"P is NHS keyworker on nights but she will now be frontline as her ward is being changed from stroke rehab to Covid. While I'm stuck at home I'm doing everything so she only has to worry about herself and her patients.

Well done for supporting P and removing the pressure of home life from her don’t think families of nhs staff will get recognition enough during this time. And that’s from an nhs worker

We all have to help and support each other atm "

True mate I agree and I think lots will.

over a year ago

Another key worker down I started showing signs of covid-19 last night at 8pm

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

We all have to help and support each other atm "

That's so true and I'm trying to do my bit for my local community by taking my daily exercise/walk dressed up in character costumes to raise a smile for the kids. What's taken me by surprise is the amount of adults that wait for me to walk past and wave.

Post new Message to Thread