Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Remove 'Update Status' to save lives

Jump to newest

By *ral Extraordinaire OP   Man
over a year ago

Kent

With death rates expect to rocket soon, infections set to rise heavily and isolation set to continue for many weeks i feel we really should be more responsible on here .

Im seeing a fair bit on updates people still looking to meet .

Its shocking considering the health warnings / crisis uk is going through right now !

I dont think its unresonable to suspend the update status on fabs

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't see what that would achieve? At least if it's on their status more people will see and report them.

If they remove the status function the user can still mail others and then only that person gets the chance to report them.

over a year ago

There is only so much babysitting you can do. Im sure they are being told to bugger off if they do message anyone.

over a year ago

Or you can just report them, no?

over a year ago

I updated my status earlier and there’s a big yellow warning that says anybody posting physical meet requests in their status updates will be in breach of fabs terms of service.

I think the site has gone above and beyond to show that it doesn’t want or support people meeting at this time.

over a year ago

I don't think it needs removing, it's a good indicator on who to block though

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

The problem is that no matter what organisation, company or group do or put in place to prevent negativity, people will always find ways to get around the Rules.

Those in charge can only do so much, but they have to rely on the self discipline of those they direct their rules to.

But there will always be those eejits who will rebel and go against the rules. Their comeuppance will arrive in the future!

over a year ago

What's the point in removing the status function

Like it has been said the idiots looking to meet still will just message individual accounts

The more people that see it there is a better chance of it being reported

You can't educate pork

over a year ago

OP will you ever be happy with fab as it is? You’re always wanting to change something

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

Oh for gods sake. How far do you want to take it? People will do what people do regardless of any intervention from do gooders. It's human nature.

over a year ago

Correct! I think it’s setting a good tone for the site. People should be staying safe!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you see a status asking to meet report it and let admin deal with it.

That way the status feature remains in use for the vast majority of site members who use it responsibly.

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"I don't see what that would achieve? At least if it's on their status more people will see and report them.

If they remove the status function the user can still mail others and then only that person gets the chance to report them. "

Post new Message to Thread