Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Day5

Jump to newest

By *oxychic OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Of being out of work and stuck at home I'm passing time by watching films Netflix etc how are u passing time ? Keep safe everyone x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

By perving at your pictures

By *oxychic OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"By perving at your pictures"

Enjoy

By *ifty69Man
over a year ago

north tyneside

"By perving at your pictures

Enjoy "

me too lol

By *oxychic OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Enjoy me too lol"

over a year ago

Enjoy "

Oh I am lol

over a year ago

Tidying up the garden, jet washed the path outside as it was covered in moss,

Railings to paint, s to dig up, flags to lay.....plenty to do

Also bought 9 meters of steel bars (three different types cut into 1.5m)

That’ll give me plenty to practice forging on, also got an old gate that I can chop up a be practice with. Already seeing improvements to my blacksmithing after a week.

By *oxychic OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"Tidying up the garden, jet washed the path outside as it was covered in moss,

That’ll give me plenty to practice forging on, also got an old gate that I can chop up a be practice with. Already seeing improvements to my blacksmithing after a week. "

I'm gonna tidy mine up to well its tidy but mow etc

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

That’ll give me plenty to practice forging on, also got an old gate that I can chop up a be practice with. Already seeing improvements to my blacksmithing after a week. "

Myself & MrD have gotten into a US forging competition programme. Really interesting. The joys of having MrD move in with me!! Would have never watched it begore otherwise. I like any creativity shows.

over a year ago

That’ll give me plenty to practice forging on, also got an old gate that I can chop up a be practice with. Already seeing improvements to my blacksmithing after a week.

Myself & MrD have gotten into a US forging competition programme. Really interesting. The joys of having MrD move in with me!! Would have never watched it begore otherwise. I like any creativity shows. "

Forged in fire?

It’s a decent show, but it leaves a lot out. It’s great to watch but the reality of smithing is quite different.

An experienced smith who was teaching me asked if I’d seen it, I replied “a little bit, not much though” to which he said “good, you won’t have picked up too many bad habits from there”

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Myself & MrD have gotten into a US forging competition programme. Really interesting. The joys of having MrD move in with me!! Would have never watched it begore otherwise. I like any creativity shows.

Forged in fire?

It’s a decent show, but it leaves a lot out. It’s great to watch but the reality of smithing is quite different.

An experienced smith who was teaching me asked if I’d seen it, I replied “a little bit, not much though” to which he said “good, you won’t have picked up too many bad habits from there” "

Thats the one. Like most reality TV etc, they edit it for good viewing not for the skills.

I would have loved to do somethimg with my hands. Apart from the obvious

over a year ago

Forged in fire?

An experienced smith who was teaching me asked if I’d seen it, I replied “a little bit, not much though” to which he said “good, you won’t have picked up too many bad habits from there”

Thats the one. Like most reality TV etc, they edit it for good viewing not for the skills.

I would have loved to do somethimg with my hands. Apart from the obvious "

It’s great fun, very dirty and sweaty though!

It’s like learning to write with your none dominant hand, the hammer arm just goes up and down, it’s the left hand (for me) that does the moving....very strange when you start out.

You could put a beginner set up together for about £300. Unfortunately everything to do with it is now very expensive since programmes like that came on. A proper anvil will set you back £400 for a decent one. And even blacksmith hammers can be over £100.

I’ve just dressed the face of a 1kg hammer instead.

over a year ago

A lot of pics being viewed and kik chat is taking up my morning so far

over a year ago

WFH, sex & gardening.

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Forged in fire?

I would have loved to do somethimg with my hands. Apart from the obvious

It’s great fun, very dirty and sweaty though!

It’s like learning to write with your none dominant hand, the hammer arm just goes up and down, it’s the left hand (for me) that does the moving....very strange when you start out.

You could put a beginner set up together for about £300. Unfortunately everything to do with it is now very expensive since programmes like that came on. A proper anvil will set you back £400 for a decent one. And even blacksmith hammers can be over £100.

I’ve just dressed the face of a 1kg hammer instead. "

Havent seen any women on it yet. Tom says he has. I couldnt handle the sweat!! Hot job.

By *opcat89Man
over a year ago

london

A room at my place is going to be painted like the universe, then re-painted white once i realise i can't paint very well!

I'll finish at least one song, learn how to cook curry from scratch, and i'll fab every day....promise!

Post new Message to Thread