Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's times like this

Jump to newest

By *luebell888 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Been happily single for a few years now and quite happy flying solo but it's times like this i wish i had a partner. Someone to snuggle up with at night would be nice. The months ahead look pretty bleak with no body contact at all. I know this sounds selfish but this is what i had for many years and Fab changed that for me. Just as things were going well they come to a sudden stop and it will be tough. Can others relate to this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Yep. I'm a really social person so being stuck in won't suit me at all.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am not stuck in as my job needs me to work extra hours but intimate male company is what i will miss most.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Likewise, I'm fine keeping myself to myself but not having any opportunity at all to just lay down and spoon with someone, snoozing for a few hours in the afternoon, is pretty shit. My pillow is going to be hugged to flattened-death by the end of this.

over a year ago

"Been happily single for a few years now and quite happy flying solo but it's times like this i wish i had a partner. Someone to snuggle up with at night would be nice. The months ahead look pretty bleak with no body contact at all. I know this sounds selfish but this is what i had for many years and Fab changed that for me. Just as things were going well they come to a sudden stop and it will be tough. Can others relate to this?"

Exactly my thinking, spoke to so many people about this in my “real” life. I am one of the only single ones. Feel very isolated.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Age is not on my side and as nobody knows when this will end i fear my sex life is doomed. Not a nice thought but could be a reality.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"Been happily single for a few years now and quite happy flying solo but it's times like this i wish i had a partner. Someone to snuggle up with at night would be nice. The months ahead look pretty bleak with no body contact at all. I know this sounds selfish but this is what i had for many years and Fab changed that for me. Just as things were going well they come to a sudden stop and it will be tough. Can others relate to this?"

Babe, I don’t know if u like that term, but honestly you couldn’t of put it in a better way .. with u in every word

over a year ago

Although Glasgow is quite far for me I’d be more than happy to mail you a Sam scented pair of calvins to keep you company over the weeks and months ahead.

over a year ago

It's ok to feel sad at the prospect, it doesn't mean you aren't considering all the other aspects of it. I'm totally with you on this.

It's going to be hard in many ways

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Couple have each other but us singles will find the months ahead pretty lonely. Just feeling a bit down tonight and as i said working extra hours to keep folk safe. Need to give myself a shake but just as things were looking up they stop. Saved hard for 2 holidays which have now been cancelled and i was so looking forward to both which is not helping.

over a year ago

Don’t despair mrs bluebell.

You must try to be positive, we all have to be.

You’re no age and once this horrible year is behind us you’ll still have a wealth of opportunities ahead of you.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I'm in the same boat. It's gutting and I am down about it, much as I appreciate the reasons and I accept there's nothing to be done about it.

It's fine to feel those feelings. I've been single for 20 years without feeling lonely, but I have a suspicion lonely days are coming.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Just need to get on with it and work my socks off. Thanks to you all it's always good to know there are others feeling the same way.

over a year ago

I feel the same way OP

I'm working every day because I'm a key worker.

But I'm exhausted and stupidly lonely at the moment

By *urious786Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

It must be very difficult, working so hard, having your holidays cancelled and not having someone to comfort you when you get home

But, Please just look forward to when this is all over and how much more you will appreciate the company you choose to keep then.

Plus think of the other side of the fence, being part of a couple, worrying that you may pass this awful illness to the one you love, if you get it, having to isolate away from them. The grass is not always greener on the other side x

Have your down time, then pick your self up, fix your crown and do what works to cheer urself up x

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Age is not on my side and as nobody knows when this will end i fear my sex life is doomed. Not a nice thought but could be a reality."

Hopefully this will be over in a few months. Hang on in there.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Please try not to despair. Unfortunately this is out of our hands and as you could probably see you on the TV we are not that bad.

Just try to remain positive it all has to get bad before we can get better and rem_mber if you run out of toilet paper you can always use soap and water

over a year ago

I think it's not knowing how long it will be, it would be a lot easier if there was someone here with me in the evenings when the kids have gone to bed, instead of being here on my own.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I know exactly how you feel OP, I'd give anything for a hug from my dear friend right now

I'll be clinging onto him like a koala when all this is over and we are able to see each other again

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

I feel the same but for female company. I am a guy after all despite the split personas lol!

After a shattering divorce my arms literally hurt sometimes wanting someone to hug & now it's gonna take longer. I do have a lady or two waiting in the wings when things get better but it's gonna be tough. Totally get you OP. We need the cuddles, comfort & company, not necessarily the sex but it's an added bonus!

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Id just found a new friend. We joked that we couldnt hook up again til October...

I live alone too. No pets either.

over a year ago

The enforcedness of it all is quite a shock isnt it. Just realising that you cant really just pop down and meet someone like before. Too surreal to think about.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I can't think of anything worse than being stuck in doors with a man. No thanks x

over a year ago

100% it's going to be a tough and lonely time for everyone but I suspect us singles might just feel the loneliness a little more.

over a year ago

I'm single but have my children with me, so I do have company and conversation. However, today I've been told I should be "shielding" and that means no hugs from them either. Cruel.

over a year ago

Totally

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I can't think of anything worse than being stuck in doors with a man. No thanks x"

Oh you

I've been social distancing for a while now, I'm very good at it.

over a year ago

Sometimes you just really want a reassuring cuddle. Sadly I don't have that. Not just because of the virus but because I've had to be my own cheerleader for a very long time.

Don't get me wrong I have my moments of intimacy, but they aren't mine to keep.

I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with many things at the moment and the way we appear to be going terrifies me.

However I've got children, I've got work, I've got to keep going with a brave face. Continuing to try and convince myself as much as the world I've got my shit together.

This crisis will break a great many of us. In more ways than one

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I can't think of anything worse than being stuck in doors with a man. No thanks x"

Not permanently anyway. Like you Spidery I’m used to single girl lifestyle so nothing changes other than home is now office too. I’m embracing the fact my working week has gone from 100mph to 0!!

Apart the fact, if I’m home alone there is only me to worry about ..

over a year ago

"I am not stuck in as my job needs me to work extra hours but intimate male company is what i will miss most."

Completely.

I'm in same boat.. Well 2m.apart..lol

over a year ago

I can totally relate. I felt similar to this a couple of years ago when I had a health scare too.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

As i said very happy to be single and have 2 dogs for company but being on Fab has given me the oppotunity to have some male company whether that be by going to organised socials, clubs or parties. Now these events have all been halted leaving a gap. Do not want or need a partner but at times like these cant help feeling a bit envious of those who are in a relationship where they are still able to enjoy each other.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Couple have each other but us singles will find the months ahead pretty lonely. Just feeling a bit down tonight and as i said working extra hours to keep folk safe. Need to give myself a shake but just as things were looking up they stop. Saved hard for 2 holidays which have now been cancelled and i was so looking forward to both which is not helping."

Looking at the flip side - I’d far rather be single than spend 24/7 with someone during lockdown in a very unhappy or abusive relationship - which will be the reality for many thousands out there!

I may be single but I have my babies (ok - teens) and I’m thankful I’m not still with either of my exes at this time - as the next few months would’ve been totally miserable!

Yeah I miss sex and ‘those’ kinds of cuddles - and I can’t use any toys because my son’s in the next bedroom pretty much 24/7 - but I’m eyeing up the box-sets I haven’t watched and the books I haven’t read - and really looking forward to a hell of a lot of quality time with my kids. By the end of this I may even learn to finish a game of monopoly without feeling suicidal!

Big hugs to everyone out there - and see you at the BIG party when we come out of this!

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Well being on the frontline i have had my working hours increased so will probably be too knackered for anything anyway. Once it's all over i will be more and ready to unwind in the best way possible. Hope this will be sooner than later.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Well being on the frontline i have had my working hours increased so will probably be too knackered for anything anyway. Once it's all over i will be more and ready to unwind in the best way possible. Hope this will be sooner than later."

Message me anytime you like and have a virtual hug.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Relate to it 100% OP. Just starting a friendship, no idea where it will lead but have enjoyed some great time together. She is on lock down right now, where we go after that, just don't know. Take every day, one at a time...

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Well being on the frontline i have had my working hours increased so will probably be too knackered for anything anyway. Once it's all over i will be more and ready to unwind in the best way possible. Hope this will be sooner than later.

Message me anytime you like and have a virtual hug. "

Hey, thought you were leaving on Thursday?

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Well being on the frontline i have had my working hours increased so will probably be too knackered for anything anyway. Once it's all over i will be more and ready to unwind in the best way possible. Hope this will be sooner than later.

Hey, thought you were leaving on Thursday?"

Only leaving Hull.

Everyone just jumped to conclusions and I didn't correct them

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Only leaving Hull.

Everyone just jumped to conclusions and I didn't correct them "

Oh you little tease.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Only leaving Hull.

Everyone just jumped to conclusions and I didn't correct them

Oh you little tease. "

It's about time I had some fun. Lol

I'm usually too nice.

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

For me it’s not just sexual side I’m very tactile person I hug everyone I snuggle with dog bestie family and losing the human contact is gunna be more isolating then the not going out.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I think that depends on what kind of man

over a year ago

"Age is not on my side and as nobody knows when this will end i fear my sex life is doomed. Not a nice thought but could be a reality."

hi OP, we've never talked, however I don't think you have anything to worry about. I frequently look out for your pics as you are stunning in a dress and out of it.

I live alone and currently am working from home and although it's not the emotional intimacy I miss (always suffered with issues regarding this) I can wholeheartedly understand where you are coming from with wanting physical intimacy.

As mentioned I wouldn't worry about potential meets, I'm sure your inbox is flooded with people who would love to - those who stick around may just be lucky enough to get a meet and those who don't - well it's their loss.

Keep safe and please post more pics

Post new Message to Thread