Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Informal socials in the local area...

Jump to newest

By *ohnjones3210 OP   Man
over a year ago

Chester

Hey everyone,

The world has gone mad. We can't go for drinks and we can't do social events anymore, for the time being. My nights out have all been cancelled.

Are there any local people who want to meet up for chats and chilling out? No sex, just chats...

Sometimes, at night, I just want to go out for an hour or something. Go for a walk or whatever.

Are there any events like this? Just chill out, chat type things?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No we’re sensible

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Sounds good to me

over a year ago

Oh dear

#facepalm

Sitting in the corner for this ...

over a year ago

Chester

"No we’re sensible "

Ok! The sensible ones should definitely stay at home! You can't be too careful nowadays!

over a year ago

"No we’re sensible

Ok! The sensible ones should definitely stay at home! You can't be too careful nowadays!"

Will do hun

over a year ago

Chester

"Sounds good to me "

I know, I know!!! This is just ridiculous.

over a year ago

Chester

"Oh dear

#facepalm

Sitting in the corner for this ..."

Please can you sit in the other corner? You're putting me off.

over a year ago

Chester

"No we’re sensible

Ok! The sensible ones should definitely stay at home! You can't be too careful nowadays!

Will do hun"

Have you got plenty of hand sanitizer? You might want to wash your hands after reading this thread!

over a year ago

"No we’re sensible

Will do hun

Have you got plenty of hand sanitizer? You might want to wash your hands after reading this thread! "

I have none

over a year ago

Sounds good OP

Will you bring your gran?

Im sure she could do with blowing away those cobwebs

over a year ago

Chester

"No we’re sensible

Will do hun

Have you got plenty of hand sanitizer? You might want to wash your hands after reading this thread!

I have none "

What the hell?!?!? None?! You're not taking this seriously! You need atleast 7 bottles. Have you been living under a rock? Well, let's do another test then... Do you have over 30 toilet rolls?

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Err don't think this is a good idea OP.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We had a street social today, planning on doing it daily. It was really nice, just took outlet own coffee, standing - no hard surfaces to touch so unlikely to kill anyone, even sensible people seemed ok.

over a year ago

Chester

"Sounds good OP

Will you bring your gran?

Im sure she could do with blowing away those cobwebs"

Haha! Not this time. She's setting up her own party. Loud music and drugs apparently.

over a year ago

Chester

"We had a street social today, planning on doing it daily. It was really nice, just took outlet own coffee, standing - no hard surfaces to touch so unlikely to kill anyone, even sensible people seemed ok. "

You mean that they didn't fall like flies?!? Do you have a ring around you with a 2 meter radius? Knock people out of the way with it. Bump into eachother! Or maybe you were all wearing those masks! I saw it today.

Eughhh... People walking around with masks on! I'm not even joking.

over a year ago

"Oh dear

#facepalm

Sitting in the corner for this ..."

Can I sit with you

over a year ago

Chester

"Oh dear

#facepalm

Can I sit with you "

Yes, please bring a mask. X

over a year ago

"Oh dear

#facepalm

Can I sit with you

Yes, please bring a mask. X"

Sorry but the opposite corner!

over a year ago

Chester

"Oh dear

#facepalm

Can I sit with you

Yes, please bring a mask. X

Sorry but the opposite corner! "

Alright! You know better! If you don't want to bring one! It's your health on the line...

over a year ago

I will bring potatoes... If I throw it and it hits you back the fuck off, social distancing is a thing

over a year ago

Chester

"I will bring potatoes... If I throw it and it hits you back the fuck off, social distancing is a thing"

Haha, and if it doesn't hit then all is good!

over a year ago

"I will bring potatoes... If I throw it and it hits you back the fuck off, social distancing is a thing

Haha, and if it doesn't hit then all is good!"

Or I'm a shit shot

over a year ago

"I will bring potatoes... If I throw it and it hits you back the fuck off, social distancing is a thing"

What she said

over a year ago

You need a cb radio and to drive about in a truck chatting to others.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Hey everyone,

The world has gone mad. We can't go for drinks and we can't do social events anymore, for the time being. My nights out have all been cancelled.

Are there any local people who want to meet up for chats and chilling out? No sex, just chats...

Sometimes, at night, I just want to go out for an hour or something. Go for a walk or whatever.

Are there any events like this? Just chill out, chat type things?"

Which part of social distancing do you not understand?

over a year ago

Chester

"You need a cb radio and to drive about in a truck chatting to others. "

Ohhhh! I remember that!!! CB radio!

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

And the winner of todays Darwin Award is.....

By *ids_NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Hey everyone,

Sorry but I really don’t normally like to be abusive - but you are probably the reason this virus exists, I’m not religious- but if there is a god he’s done this just to try and show how much humanity as become selfish. If you want life to return to normal as quickly as possible - then keep yourself indoors away from people regardless of their age - that way the virus will die out quicker! All the time people are not doing so regardless of the risk to the vulnerable even the healthy catching it and recovering means the country and world remains in lock down and if this carries on for a long time - some people’s lives will be such they likely wish they had caught it and died!

over a year ago

Chester

"Hey everyone,

Sorry but I really don’t normally like to be abusive - but you are probably the reason this virus exists, I’m not religious- but if there is a god he’s done this just to try and show how much humanity as become selfish. If you want life to return to normal as quickly as possible - then keep yourself indoors away from people regardless of their age - that way the virus will die out quicker! All the time people are not doing so regardless of the risk to the vulnerable even the healthy catching it and recovering means the country and world remains in lock down and if this carries on for a long time - some people’s lives will be such they likely wish they had caught it and died! "

With all due respect, let me just peacefully highlight a few things - it may be food for thought;

Allegedly, the reason the virus exists is not because of those who act in a certain way *after* the virus was discovered (like me), but rather poor practices *before* the virus was discovered. If people would simply stop killing animals, stop storing dead animals and eating them, this disease may not have existed. Do you eat meat? Are *you* indirectly supporting this industry which essentially fuels these killer viruses? If you think back, there have been enough of these animal related viruses for people to get the message by now.

About selfishness, I've not bought more than one of a certain type of product since it started. Have you?

I don't think it's appropriate to point the blame on a type of individual as you have, especially when it's clear where and why the virus originated, however, if you do want to try to point the blame on individuals, based in the balance of probability, you might find that you have indirectly contributed to the cause much more than I have! That is assuming that you eat meat and have panic bought.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"No we’re sensible

Ok! The sensible ones should definitely stay at home! You can't be too careful nowadays!"

the chief medical officer says we are 14 days behind italy....

in italy today, 793 people alone died because of this

I hate to be the killjoy.... but really?

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

[Removed by poster at 21/03/20 23:52:28]

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

No one enjoys being isolated... it sucks donkey dick in hell... but it's that or a shitty ass alternative.. I mean yeah if you want to pop your clogs crack on but please dont put pressure on the NHS and those who vitally need it.

Quicker we quash it quicker life resumes

over a year ago

OP really?

We both value our health so for that reason we aren’t meeting others

over a year ago

From all the information I have seen they are trying to stop one huge influx of people which will put pressure on nhs. Instead trying to make smaller waves. The virus will continue to infect people....that's a fact, no matter now much we all stay in. It wont be long before they lift the quarantine style thing we have going and allow movement again, before shutting it back down when the cases start to rise.

I'm not sure that arguing amongst ourselves and pointing fingers is going to help anyone.

Be sensible, that's all you have to do!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Hey everyone,

Mate, it's for a few weeks if people stop going out for a chat, if they do, then it'll be longer. Why don't enough people get this?

over a year ago

Chester

"From all the information I have seen they are trying to stop one huge influx of people which will put pressure on nhs. Instead trying to make smaller waves. The virus will continue to infect people....that's a fact, no matter now much we all stay in. It wont be long before they lift the quarantine style thing we have going and allow movement again, before shutting it back down when the cases start to rise.

I'm not sure that arguing amongst ourselves and pointing fingers is going to help anyone.

Be sensible, that's all you have to do! "

Exactly! My understanding is the same, but people aren't interested in facts or common sense - they're interested in drama. The media makes money on hot dramatic topics, not boring facts. Boring facts don't draw people to their sponsors, etc. People believe one liners, exaggerated statements, etc.

I say leave them to it.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"You need a cb radio and to drive about in a truck chatting to others.

Ohhhh! I remember that!!! CB radio!"

So do I! My brother had one!

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I was coming home from a walk yesterday and a woman drove along side me really slowly, wound down her window and said "do you want your eyebrows doing, or any false lashes". Weird.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

OP you can go out for a walk, just make sure you go somewhere quiet and socially distance. I was shown a pic of a park in a nearby town yesterday, it was like a Bank Holiday. They were packed like sardines.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"OP you can go out for a walk, just make sure you go somewhere quiet and socially distance. I was shown a pic of a park in a nearby town yesterday, it was like a Bank Holiday. They were packed like sardines. "

Forced lockdown will be here shortly

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"OP you can go out for a walk, just make sure you go somewhere quiet and socially distance. I was shown a pic of a park in a nearby town yesterday, it was like a Bank Holiday. They were packed like sardines.

"

We need to urgently with attitudes like this.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

"OP you can go out for a walk, just make sure you go somewhere quiet and socially distance. I was shown a pic of a park in a nearby town yesterday, it was like a Bank Holiday. They were packed like sardines.

We need to urgently with attitudes like this. "

I wish they’d do it now. It does feel like they’re trying to get some herd immunity by stealth.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I wish they’d do it now. It does feel like they’re trying to get some herd immunity by stealth. "

I won’t be surprised if it’s not in place by the end of the week

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"From all the information I have seen they are trying to stop one huge influx of people which will put pressure on nhs. Instead trying to make smaller waves. The virus will continue to infect people....that's a fact, no matter now much we all stay in. It wont be long before they lift the quarantine style thing we have going and allow movement again, before shutting it back down when the cases start to rise.

Be sensible, that's all you have to do! "

Well said lovely

Unfortunately sheep/mob mentality takes over brains and even so called sensible people panic and arguments happen, everyone has a two penneth worth to add and the forums are highly charged as it is. So I fear it will only get worse as supposed humour is missed and comments misunderstood, but as more and more people are bored and when the trolls really come out to play, the people I feel need applauding are the mods as they will have their work cut out

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"OP you can go out for a walk, just make sure you go somewhere quiet and socially distance. I was shown a pic of a park in a nearby town yesterday, it was like a Bank Holiday. They were packed like sardines. "

I'm just heading out for a walk now because nobody is about. By noon yesterday the prom was almost as rammed as a normal bank holiday, loads of pensioners, loads of kids. It's crazy.

By *ids_NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Hey everyone,

Sorry but I really don’t normally like to be abusive - but you are probably the reason this virus exists, I’m not religious- but if there is a god he’s done this just to try and show how much humanity as become selfish. If you want life to return to normal as quickly as possible - then keep yourself indoors away from people regardless of their age - that way the virus will die out quicker! All the time people are not doing so regardless of the risk to the vulnerable even the healthy catching it and recovering means the country and world remains in lock down and if this carries on for a long time - some people’s lives will be such they likely wish they had caught it and died!

With all due respect, let me just peacefully highlight a few things - it may be food for thought;

Allegedly, the reason the virus exists is not because of those who act in a certain way *after* the virus was discovered (like me), but rather poor practices *before* the virus was discovered. If people would simply stop killing animals, stop storing dead animals and eating them, this disease may not have existed. Do you eat meat? Are *you* indirectly supporting this industry which essentially fuels these killer viruses? If you think back, there have been enough of these animal related viruses for people to get the message by now.

About selfishness, I've not bought more than one of a certain type of product since it started. Have you?

I don't think it's appropriate to point the blame on a type of individual as you have, especially when it's clear where and why the virus originated, however, if you do want to try to point the blame on individuals, based in the balance of probability, you might find that you have indirectly contributed to the cause much more than I have! That is assuming that you eat meat and have panic bought.

"

So if I lit the match you coming along and throwing petrol on the fire is a sensible and justifiable thing just because you feel it’s someone else’s fault it’s here?

over a year ago

What the fuck is it about social distancing that some people find so difficult to grasp

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

So the easiest way to spread this is is being in close proximity to other and that's so easily done just by standing near anyone who may sneeze, cough or anything where tiny droplets of fluid can pass from one person to another.

What the hell is so difficult to grasp that anything where people are close to each other is enough to pass it on.

Not only is this country and indeed the planet in dire need of ventilators and intensive care units, it also needs a vast army of mac_ines to give some peoples heads a damn good shake!

For fucks sake will some of you think!!

over a year ago

I welcome threads like this. My block list is getting larger because of it.

Stop being so fucking selfish people!!

If you social distance now more will stay alive later.

That's not mob mentality that's fact! Please listen to the advice from Italy. How they wish they had followed advice more we have the perfect example in front of us yet we all have the I'm healthy it doesn't affect me attitude

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I live in an area with lots of older people.

Thankfully, so far most seem to be taking it seriously. The biggest danger of spreading at the moment is going shopping.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Please look up the word asymptomatic.

Short term (ish) isolation is all we hopefully need to buy time. Look after the vulnerable be better than this.

over a year ago

"Hey everyone,

In the turbulent times ahead and the instruction rather than advice to social distance (because people think they know better and that things don't apply to them) what you're looking for for the next few months is ....

A phone call.

It's mindsets like yours that will force lockdown. From the government point of view what other choice will they have? People behaving like spoilt brats who want their own way and fuck everyone else, so they'll end up having to treat us all like fucking kids.

P

over a year ago

Oh, and to correct you on the "the world has gone mad"

That should read "the world has got sensible"

P

over a year ago

It genuinely scares me how many people just aren’t getting all this. We will all be on enforced lockdown because of these people. I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts getting violent out there. Have some common sense for gods sake!!!!!

over a year ago

Chester

Wow, there really are some extreme people in this country!

Each to their own I guess!

By *quirrelMan
over a year ago

North Yorks

"Hey everyone,

Short term loss, but long term gain.

Imagine that someone has the virus and passes it on to someone else who has a family member with an underlying health problem.

This family member ends up in hospital and their chances of surviving is very slim.

So just because some people couldn't sit at home and keep in touch with friends by social media and had to go out for a face to face meeting because they have little patience and can't find anything to occupy themselves someone else has to suffer. I

You're old enough to have parents and possibly grandparents, how would you react if your own family caught the virus from you? And worse still one of them ended up in intensive care with a 50/50 chance of survival?

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Wow, there really are some extreme people in this country!

"

Yes, there are!

You're in that extreme.

I could probably say a lot, but earn myself a ban for insubordination.

At the very least, have some respect for other's wellbeing, health and future and ditch this madcap idea.

Don't you even have respect for yourself?

I guess not!

over a year ago

Chester

"Hey everyone,

Imagine that someone has the virus and passes it on to someone else who has a family member with an underlying health problem.

This family member ends up in hospital and their chances of surviving is very slim.

So just because some people couldn't sit at home and keep in touch with friends by social media and had to go out for a face to face meeting because they have little patience and can't find anything to occupy themselves someone else has to suffer. I

You're old enough to have parents and possibly grandparents, how would you react if your own family caught the virus from you? And worse still one of them ended up in intensive care with a 50/50 chance of survival?"

But Mr Squirrel,

On these sorts of meet ups, we won't be physically close. There will be no contact and it would be outside in the fresh air! The chances of catching a virus from someone in those situations are extremely low.

What's more, the chances of survival after getting the virus are actually not at all slim as you suggest, contrary to what the media wants you to believe. The death rate is around 20% for 80 year olds who catch the virus, who are already very ill. For ages younger, the rate falls considerably. If you think about it rationally, the death rate is incredibly small.

It's just common sense as far as I'm concerned. My grandmother is 77, she's at home and well. I won't be visiting her for the next few weeks, because in the event that she does catch this virus and becomes unwell, the NHS won't be able to provide care as well as would usually, simply because of how overwhelmed it currently is.

It's not that I'm completely disregarding guidance, but people need to have some common sense, that's all I think.

over a year ago

Chester

"Wow, there really are some extreme people in this country!

Yes, there are!

You're in that extreme.

I could probably say a lot, but earn myself a ban for insubordination.

At the very least, have some respect for other's wellbeing, health and future and ditch this madcap idea.

Don't you even have respect for yourself?

I guess not!

"

I'm in the extreme? I'm sure you have something sensible to say to back that up.

over a year ago

"Hey everyone,

You're old enough to have parents and possibly grandparents, how would you react if your own family caught the virus from you? And worse still one of them ended up in intensive care with a 50/50 chance of survival?

But Mr Squirrel,

On these sorts of meet ups, we won't be physically close. There will be no contact and it would be outside in the fresh air! The chances of catching a virus from someone in those situations are extremely low.

What's more, the chances of survival after getting the virus are actually not at all slim as you suggest, contrary to what the media wants you to believe. The death rate is around 20% for 80 year olds who catch the virus, who are already very ill. For ages younger, the rate falls considerably. If you think about it rationally, the death rate is incredibly small.

It's just common sense as far as I'm concerned. My grandmother is 77, she's at home and well. I won't be visiting her for the next few weeks, because in the event that she does catch this virus and becomes unwell, the NHS won't be able to provide care as well as would usually, simply because of how overwhelmed it currently is.

It's not that I'm completely disregarding guidance, but people need to have some common sense, that's all I think.

"

By why risk a low chance when you can avoid it completely?

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I wish they’d do it now. It does feel like they’re trying to get some herd immunity by stealth.

I won’t be surprised if it’s not in place by the end of the week "

Wednesday I’m predicting .... that’s when the firgures will dramatically change

over a year ago

its about time people starting threads like this or posting what they think are funny comments given a forum ban or timeout.

clearly the message from the gov isn't getting through to some and it would be good practise to make an example of some for the better of the community.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Having just listened to Boris, the indication is that if people don't start to take the advise given, to protect us all there would be enforced lockdown for all!

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Having just listened to Boris, the indication is that if people don't start to take the advise given, to protect us all there would be enforced lockdown for all!"

We are, according to some official sources, about 6 days from forced lockdown.

Then, we will have to stay indoors except for shopping for food or meds. If that isn't followed, you risk being arrested!

So, the OP might have to rethink his skewed thinking or we'll send him a cake to him in clink!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Having just listened to Boris, the indication is that if people don't start to take the advise given, to protect us all there would be enforced lockdown for all!

We are, according to some official sources, about 6 days from forced lockdown.

Then, we will have to stay indoors except for shopping for food or meds. If that isn't followed, you risk being arrested!

So, the OP might have to rethink his skewed thinking or we'll send him a cake to him in clink!"

I think it's inevitable, Iain.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Think a similar measure to Germany is coming. Only gatherings of two together or families from under the same roof.

And if that doesn’t work then total lockdown.

Can’t say he hasn’t given the masses a chance to be responsible.

over a year ago

Kurt Cobain was correct ! We are stupid and contagious....oh deary me

over a year ago

"Think a similar measure to Germany is coming. Only gatherings of two together or families from under the same roof.

Can’t say he hasn’t given the masses a chance to be responsible. "

That's my thinking too. And closure of national parks/seafronts to avoid a repeat of today.

Boris is actually being quite clever (fuck it hurts to type that) by being reactive in the measures hes putting in place as the public/media are imploring him to do more and are in the main responding appropriately

over a year ago

Chester

"Think a similar measure to Germany is coming. Only gatherings of two together or families from under the same roof.

Can’t say he hasn’t given the masses a chance to be responsible.

That's my thinking too. And closure of national parks/seafronts to avoid a repeat of today.

Boris is actually being quite clever (fuck it hurts to type that) by being reactive in the measures hes putting in place as the public/media are imploring him to do more and are in the main responding appropriately "

I agree. He and his team have done extremely well so far. Imagine having to deal with 70m people's opinions.

Post new Message to Thread