Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A great gesture, in today's upheaval!

Jump to newest

By *ENGUY OP   Man
over a year ago

Hull

I witnessed this today at a supermarket.

Two ambulance paramedics had walked in & selected sandwiches, bottled soft drinks & water plus confectionery.

Whilst queuing at the self service tills, two women already there, commented something between themselves, then turned round to the 2 crew members and said,

"Put your items in with our stuff, we'll pay for them. You're probably having a shitty time each day, so it's the least we can do to show our support!"

The paramedics stoid there, stunned and thanked the 2 ladies.

But it didn't end there. Two other shoppers appeared with boxes of chocolates, biscuits and bags of fruit, saying, "put these in your rest areas for your colleagues too!"

One of the paramedics wiped tears from her eyes as she graciously accepted everything being paid for on their behalf.

During what has been and will continue to be a difficult time for all of us, especially NHS staff plus supermarkets being stripped bare of food etc by selfish shoppers, this selfless gesture was a rare but welcome ray of hope in this often cynical world.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I witnessed this today at a supermarket.

Two ambulance paramedics had walked in & selected sandwiches, bottled soft drinks & water plus confectionery.

Whilst queuing at the self service tills, two women already there, commented something between themselves, then turned round to the 2 crew members and said,

"Put your items in with our stuff, we'll pay for them. You're probably having a shitty time each day, so it's the least we can do to show our support!"

But it didn't end there. Two other shoppers appeared with boxes of chocolates, biscuits and bags of fruit, saying, "put these in your rest areas for your colleagues too!"

One of the paramedics wiped tears from her eyes as she graciously accepted everything being paid for on their behalf.

During what has been and will continue to be a difficult time for all of us, especially NHS staff plus supermarkets being stripped bare of food etc by selfish shoppers, this selfless gesture was a rare but welcome ray of hope in this often cynical world.

"

Aww that’s beautiful x

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

What a lovely thing to hear, in this totally selfish generation that has seemed to have been generated

over a year ago

Just shows that not all people are selfish.

over a year ago

"What a lovely thing to hear, in this totally selfish generation that has seemed to have been generated "

In our store I’ve adopted a little old lady who struggles in every day I posted this the other day and I think just about everyone now has done the same thing at our place now and I think it’s just amazing how wonderful we really are and I mean all of us..... there is only one enemy now and the world will unite to fight it

over a year ago

Love this

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"What a lovely thing to hear, in this totally selfish generation that has seemed to have been generated

In our store I’ve adopted a little old lady who struggles in every day I posted this the other day and I think just about everyone now has done the same thing at our place now and I think it’s just amazing how wonderful we really are and I mean all of us..... there is only one enemy now and the world will unite to fight it"

Good for you! We need more people like you all over the country, so I hope that others adopt this also

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Despite this evil virus there is still some good in the world

By *ouis CyphreMan
over a year ago

The Midlands

"I witnessed this today at a supermarket.

"

Good old Warwick

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Yeah it's a hard time for the elderly, disabled and lots of other people. I went round to a wheelchair basketball teammate last night who is far more physically disabled than me. He relies on his parents usually for shopping. Managed to get him bread, tea bags etc thanks to my brother who is a supermarket deputy manager took them over. I'll be helping him and other teammates throughout this as many are very vulnerable and susceptible to serious illness even if in the younger age range.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Amazing

over a year ago

"Yeah it's a hard time for the elderly, disabled and lots of other people. I went round to a wheelchair basketball teammate last night who is far more physically disabled than me. He relies on his parents usually for shopping. Managed to get him bread, tea bags etc thanks to my brother who is a supermarket deputy manager took them over. I'll be helping him and other teammates throughout this as many are very vulnerable and susceptible to serious illness even if in the younger age range. "

Xxx

Post new Message to Thread