Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who is going to the gym this week?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I am going today.

I go 3 times a week and I do full body workouts. I have started summer shredding and I am in a calorie deficit and I am eating 2600kcal aday. I like to stay super consistent during the week and on the weekends I allow myself to eat abit more but still stay within my weekly callorie allowance. I just lower protein and increase the carbs. I use mynetdiary to log it, it is a fun and an interactive app.

What motivates you to go? I like to watch alot of training videos and I follow few utubers like nick wright, thomas maw and I like as well 3d abs with the great dane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGfHk46OSU

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I am going today.

I go 3 times a week and I do full body workouts. I have started summer shredding and I am in a calorie deficit and I am eating 2600kcal aday. I like to stay super consistent during the week and on the weekends I allow myself to eat abit more but still stay within my weekly callorie allowance. I just lower protein and increase the carbs. I use mynetdiary to log it, it is a fun and an interactive app.

What motivates you to go? I like to watch alot of training videos and I follow few utubers like nick wright, thomas maw and I like as well 3d abs with the great dane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGfHk46OSU "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Still going, comps have been cancelled so new plans being put together as I was 5 weeks into comp prep.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Went back after a break today. Focusing mostly on anaerobic work at the moment.

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Cant go

I have asthma. Might cancel membership as its dead money til its all over

over a year ago

I am having a rest day today, what about you?

over a year ago

Good gym everyone

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well, that's the end of that for awhile.

over a year ago

I will still be doing my usual stuff.

over a year ago

Nobody as I’m sure they’ve been advised to close?

I shall continue home workouts at home

Sb

over a year ago

I'm just getting fat

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

All closed .....

over a year ago

Could go to the gym but.. You'll have to stand outside

over a year ago

"All closed ....."
I am traing at home and I have a dip bar and some weights, the dip bar is the ultimate upper body compound movement. I will also be doing push ups with a weight bag. I will focus on time under tension where a rep could last for 4 seconds when you do that you activate more muscle fibres which is what will stimulate muscle growth as well.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"All closed .....I am traing at home and I have a dip bar and some weights, the dip bar is the ultimate upper body compound movement. I will also be doing push ups with a weight bag. I will focus on time under tension where a rep could last for 4 seconds when you do that you activate more muscle fibres which is what will stimulate muscle growth as well."

Resistance bands can be used for a whole range of quality exercises

over a year ago

"All closed .....I am traing at home and I have a dip bar and some weights, the dip bar is the ultimate upper body compound movement. I will also be doing push ups with a weight bag. I will focus on time under tension where a rep could last for 4 seconds when you do that you activate more muscle fibres which is what will stimulate muscle growth as well.

Resistance bands can be used for a whole range of quality exercises "

That is right they can be used for that too.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

My gym wrote to me and said we are putting a freeze on your membership - that’s 20 quid a month saved along with 10 quid a day travel 220 quid a month - not bad!!!!

over a year ago

I am going skiing with Tony and Jim hopefully

over a year ago

"I am going skiing with Tony and Jim hopefully "

No you are not...behave

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

Gym emailed earlier, froze my £12:99 for the foreseeable. Luckily weather improving.

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm a member at Pure Gym...was hoping to go now that I'm working from home but now that gyms will be closed for the foreseeable future.....I'm going to start running again.

Hopefully increase my running times....

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Bit worried I'm going to fall back into homeworking, lack of excercise habits now that the pool and gym are closed.

Hoping I can get myself into a new routine soon of walks and outdoor training.

over a year ago

I'll go there tomorrow to see if swimming pool is still open.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

"I'll go there tomorrow to see if swimming pool is still open."

Leisure centres are closed too.

over a year ago

Not me, all closed here

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Outdoor gym in the park opposite, plan to use that til they introduce the curfew...

over a year ago

"I'll go there tomorrow to see if swimming pool is still open.

Leisure centres are closed too. "

This is a pool in my gym. Earlier this week they posted that they would keep pool open as they use enough of chlorine that kills viruses.

Hope I can still swim there.

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

No one now

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

Just run up and down your stairs 5 times and then dive into the bath, just saved you £870 ,even more if you don't take the full years subscription xxx

over a year ago

Going to hit insanity and p90x

over a year ago

Back to running and order some weights from eBay

over a year ago

i've got weights, treadmill and rowing machine, I am ok!

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I'm a member of a small independent gym, so will continue to pay my subscription even though they are closed, or there might not be a gym to return to.

But my PT has put together some outdoor classes, so I'll continue with those while we can, then go to indoor live workouts if we get locked down.

Keep up with my running too, plenty of trails around here, so I can still socially distance myself.

By *isstonguetasticjoWoman
over a year ago

widnes

Ur gonna have a shit long wait if u go next week now

Gutted for all u PT trainers

Stay safe

over a year ago

2-3 months out the gym is going to kill all my strength gains since last May chuff all I can do to maintain it at home either

I know its needed and for the best but I'm still gutted

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"2-3 months out the gym is going to kill all my strength gains since last May chuff all I can do to maintain it at home either

I know its needed and for the best but I'm still gutted"

All that hard work down the drain - but a potential life saver too

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

This is a pool in my gym. Earlier this week they posted that they would keep pool open as they use enough of chlorine that kills viruses.

Hope I can still swim there."

It’s not the pool that the problem but the changing facilities

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm really hoping that I can maintain my mental health without facilities. I live in a small space

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm really hoping that I can maintain my mental health without facilities. I live in a small space "

I'm going to Wales today to climb swim and mountain bike

over a year ago

We have multi gym in back yard, free weights and kettlebells, so just usual for us.

over a year ago

"I'm really hoping that I can maintain my mental health without facilities. I live in a small space "

This is my exact worry too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Do you have any green space nearby or national trust properties? I think maintaining mental health will be a big problem for many. We're so used to living without restrictions as such.

You're pretty good at talking things through on here, keep connected

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

My concern as well. I had a really bad day at the beginning of the week, where my anxiety levels were seriously shot, throwing some heavy metal around at the gym really helped me.

I'm going to have to find that runners high everyone keeps talking about.

By *quirrelMan
over a year ago

North Yorks

My profession is on the key personnel list, so the physical exercise bit of my work is still on the agenda.

And I have a rowing machine, an exercise bike,a power tower and free weigh at home.

But I'm owned by an exercise machine which has 4 legs and a wagging tail.

He's a Border Collie who gets 3 walks a day every day, and it's in all weathers, no exceptions.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

At the moment there is nothing stopping you going for a walk or a run, also youtube has lots of videos for exercising at home without equipment...

Unfortunately gyms, pub, clubs etc could be shut for months, so we are all going to have to get imaginative to keep ourselves fit and entertained...

over a year ago

Just been done 3.25 miles, out in the fresh air

over a year ago

Had a great chest workout this morning, going back in later to get some cardio in.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Gyms shut surely?

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

"Had a great chest workout this morning, going back in later to get some cardio in.

"

What gym did u use bro?

over a year ago

"Gyms shut surely?"

Mines closed

over a year ago

I've already started my bodyweight work out at home.

over a year ago

"Gyms shut surely?"

Family Gym my property, I have everything D/bells 2.5 to 45kg, Olympic Bars 2000kg of Olympic discs, Hammer Strength and Cybex Machine's Smith machine, leg press, leg extension, cable cross over, lat pulldown long row pulley, power rack. 2 benches, cardio equipment.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Gyms shut surely?

Family Gym my property, I have everything D/bells 2.5 to 45kg, Olympic Bars 2000kg of Olympic discs, Hammer Strength and Cybex Machine's Smith machine, leg press, leg extension, cable cross over, lat pulldown long row pulley, power rack. 2 benches, cardio equipment."

You are a big guy, that must take some work. I wish I had some of your motivation!

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I'm going to meeting my PT in a park to see WTF we can do with a woman who can't walk far, can't run,jump etc. What we can do with a wheelchair and what little equipment he has cadged from the gym. I can't get my chair in the house and the space is small anyway so God knows what I will do. I can't do aerobics, yoga, pilates, can't cycle etc either and have no weights or anything at home. My gym and wheelchair basketball have been my mental salvation recently and I lost 10kg since taking them up.

over a year ago

It’s not the pool that the problem but the changing facilities "

Gym is closed. So no swimming. Damn.

over a year ago

"I'm going to meeting my PT in a park to see WTF we can do with a woman who can't walk far, can't run,jump etc. What we can do with a wheelchair and what little equipment he has cadged from the gym. I can't get my chair in the house and the space is small anyway so God knows what I will do. I can't do aerobics, yoga, pilates, can't cycle etc either and have no weights or anything at home. My gym and wheelchair basketball have been my mental salvation recently and I lost 10kg since taking them up. "

I have read some of your posts in the past, I absolutely respect your drive and determination, I know that you and your PT will be able to get some good stuff done. Amazing

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Gym is closed. So no swimming. Damn."

Missed Boris's speech about pubs, clubs, gyms etc being closed then!

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I cannot wait for the gym's to reopen, feels like I haven't trained in yonks

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm really hoping that I can maintain my mental health without facilities. I live in a small space

Do you have any green space nearby or national trust properties? I think maintaining mental health will be a big problem for many. We're so used to living without restrictions as such.

You're pretty good at talking things through on here, keep connected "

I've been managing my anxiety with weight lifting. It's literally the only discretionary thing I've done. Other than that Tesco and these four walls, alone. Trying to do the right thing, trying to balance my mental health with my social responsibility.

I'll adapt, but it's been a very long time since my anxiety has been this bad.

over a year ago

Gym is closed. So no swimming. Damn.

Missed Boris's speech about pubs, clubs, gyms etc being closed then!"

I didn't miss it. I looked up the info online this morning about my gym. I was only hoping pool was still open as they said earlier this week. But I guess everywhere is shut now. At least gym froze the membership fees for now.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I'm going to meeting my PT in a park to see WTF we can do with a woman who can't walk far, can't run,jump etc. What we can do with a wheelchair and what little equipment he has cadged from the gym. I can't get my chair in the house and the space is small anyway so God knows what I will do. I can't do aerobics, yoga, pilates, can't cycle etc either and have no weights or anything at home. My gym and wheelchair basketball have been my mental salvation recently and I lost 10kg since taking them up. "

I hope you find something that works for you.

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

Everything shut around here

over a year ago

North West

"I'm going to meeting my PT in a park to see WTF we can do with a woman who can't walk far, can't run,jump etc. What we can do with a wheelchair and what little equipment he has cadged from the gym. I can't get my chair in the house and the space is small anyway so God knows what I will do. I can't do aerobics, yoga, pilates, can't cycle etc either and have no weights or anything at home. My gym and wheelchair basketball have been my mental salvation recently and I lost 10kg since taking them up.

I have read some of your posts in the past, I absolutely respect your drive and determination, I know that you and your PT will be able to get some good stuff done. Amazing "

Thank you Sirius. We'll work something out. I can still do my 5k in the chair round where I live. Plenty of hills!

By *atonMan
over a year ago

barnet

Opportune time to primal train. Get out in the woods climb trees run in minimalist shoes or barefoot . Grapple if you have a buddy climb trees or hills . Wild swim crawl through undergrowth. Reconnect with nature and mimic being a hunter gatherer which in anthropological terms we as a species were ,a blink of an eye ago.True fitness is a combination of many things and most gym users are reflection athletes interested in vanity training. It should be about the functionality of your body and what it can do. Check out mov nat on you tube erwen le corre. Also born to run McDougal. The true exponents of health and fitness are not the Joe wickes or Jane Fondas but our ancient ancestors.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"Opportune time to primal train. Get out in the woods climb trees run in minimalist shoes or barefoot . Grapple if you have a buddy climb trees or hills . Wild swim crawl through undergrowth. Reconnect with nature and mimic being a hunter gatherer which in anthropological terms we as a species were ,a blink of an eye ago.True fitness is a combination of many things and most gym users are reflection athletes interested in vanity training. It should be about the functionality of your body and what it can do. Check out mov nat on you tube erwen le corre. Also born to run McDougal. The true exponents of health and fitness are not the Joe wickes or Jane Fondas but our ancient ancestors. "

Just make sure you are at least 2 metres away from the next person reconnecting with the wild

over a year ago

I had a good workout at home today and I did a full body workout, what about you

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

Got some dumbbells at home so I'm going to give my delts a blast later

over a year ago

Doing what I can at the minute

Single leg rear leg raised split squats 5 x 10 each leg +20kg dumbbell + 60kg bands, + 1 max rep set each leg to finish

Banded good mornings 60kg bands +25kg back pack 5 x 12

Dumbbell squat 20kg dumbbell + 25kg backpack + 60kg bands 4 x 15

Single leg RDl 4 x 8 each leg + 20kg dumbbell

over a year ago

North West

I need get some weights for home. When I'm recovered from the lurgy I can try and get my upper body back in business!

over a year ago

"I need get some weights for home. When I'm recovered from the lurgy I can try and get my upper body back in business! "

I'm trying but they're all sold out or people are asking £200 for what should be £50.

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I need get some weights for home. When I'm recovered from the lurgy I can try and get my upper body back in business!

I'm trying but they're all sold out or people are asking £200 for what should be £50."

It’s has gone mad

over a year ago

North West

"I need get some weights for home. When I'm recovered from the lurgy I can try and get my upper body back in business!

I'm trying but they're all sold out or people are asking £200 for what should be £50.

It’s has gone mad "

Urgh. I've not even looked. I went out once for a 5k in my wheelchair but I started with fucking symptoms the next day, so have been isolated ever since. There's not much I can do in a grassed garden in a wheelchair, except make nice divots in the turf!

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple
over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

Try getting a treadmill they have become gold dust.

over a year ago

Nottingham

Really need to train me quads and hamstrings

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Really need to train me quads and hamstrings "

Seriously

3 hrs gardening

Bend slow rise slow

Your legs will NOT thank you but

A you will burn fat

B you will stimulate muscle growth

over a year ago

Nottingham

"Really need to train me quads and hamstrings

Seriously

3 hrs gardening

Bend slow rise slow

A you will burn fat

B you will stimulate muscle growth "

I’ll have to let the Gardner go then

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

The outdoors is my gym. Cycling a lot more now

My thighs are thanking me once the pain is settled

over a year ago

North West

"Really need to train me quads and hamstrings

Seriously

3 hrs gardening

Bend slow rise slow

A you will burn fat

B you will stimulate muscle growth "

I wish

over a year ago

I had a good home workout today and I did a full body workout, what about you?

over a year ago

Up and down the stairs 100 times, situps, pressups and dumbell work

I'm not minding working out at home as I'm doing plenty every day

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Up and down the stairs 100 times, situps, pressups and dumbell work

I'm not minding working out at home as I'm doing plenty every day "

is that a 100 times in one go?

over a year ago

Just got back from my walk, was out the house an hour and 50 minutes, had 12kg worth of weights in my rucksack. Was doing some walking lunges as well. Now having a cuppa tea as a treat.

over a year ago

"Up and down the stairs 100 times, situps, pressups and dumbell work

I'm not minding working out at home as I'm doing plenty every day

is that a 100 times in one go?

"

Yeah. Up and down is 1, times 100. Think it took like 35 minutes. I'm doing cardio every other day just and alternating between an hours run and stair climbing for my cardio.

over a year ago

I have a gym in my garage now.

3 months of training with bands, rucksacks full of sand has killed my strength, I don't like it

13% down on bench, 20% down on deadlift and 18% down on squats.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Right now my exercise is deep breathing. The plague done fucked me up

Post new Message to Thread