Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Robbing Ba**ards

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

£20 for a bottle of Calpol !! Really? What other things have you seen hiked up?

Hand sanitizer for £5 for a tiny bottle in my local shop!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Loo rolls were £10 for 12 pack of basics.

By *ltra72Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

I’d rather do without than be part of that. Robbing swines xx

over a year ago

"Loo rolls were £10 for 12 pack of basics."

Disgusting!!

over a year ago

"I’d rather do without than be part of that. Robbing swines xx"

Absolutely!

over a year ago

£24.99 for a carex hand soap. The shop has been named shamed and boycotted on Facebook and rightly so!

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"£20 for a bottle of Calpol !! Really? What other things have you seen hiked up?

Hand sanitizer for £5 for a tiny bottle in my local shop!"

Absolutely ridiculous! And people will pay £20 for 200ml of calpol because their babies will need it! Profiting out of peoples misery... just as the woman on the news said tonight!

over a year ago

"£20 for a bottle of Calpol !! Really? What other things have you seen hiked up?

Absolutely ridiculous! And people will pay £20 for 200ml of calpol because their babies will need it! Profiting out of peoples misery... just as the woman on the news said tonight! "

Absolutely.. its awful! You cant find what you need...and if you do they treble the price!

over a year ago

"£24.99 for a carex hand soap. The shop has been named shamed and boycotted on Facebook and rightly so!"

Good! Awful people

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Which shops are doing this? I'm assuming it's not the big name supermarkets

over a year ago

"£24.99 for a carex hand soap. The shop has been named shamed and boycotted on Facebook and rightly so!

Good! Awful people"

This makes my blood boil

over a year ago

Absolutely ridiculous! And people will pay £20 for 200ml of calpol because their babies will need it! Profiting out of peoples misery... just as the woman on the news said tonight! "

You’re unfortunately 100% correct. My daughter is 1 and teething quite badly, I spent two hours today driving round looking for some calpol.

If I could only find it one place, I’d of paid £20, £50, even £100. It’s fucking bullshit how people are behaving during this.

over a year ago

How much? What is this toilet paper made from, real gold? Heard it all

"Loo rolls were £10 for 12 pack of basics."

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

A creature on the book of faces bought loads of tins of baby milk and was selling it for £40 a tin!

over a year ago

"A creature on the book of faces bought loads of tins of baby milk and was selling it for £40 a tin! "

That really is the lowest of the low!!! Jesus!!

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

4 pack of loo rolls for £14.99 in a village shop near us. Absoloutely disgusting. These shops are getting reported and rightly so.

By *adetMan
over a year ago

Virtuosa

Keep these shops in mind for when this is all over and don't use them again

over a year ago

It's awful ... Media hype and greedy bastard's....

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Absolutely ridiculous! And people will pay £20 for 200ml of calpol because their babies will need it! Profiting out of peoples misery... just as the woman on the news said tonight!

You’re unfortunately 100% correct. My daughter is 1 and teething quite badly, I spent two hours today driving round looking for some calpol.

If I could only find it one place, I’d of paid £20, £50, even £100. It’s fucking bullshit how people are behaving during this. "

Awww bless her. Hope you managed to get some for her.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"Keep these shops in mind for when this is all over and don't use them again "

Absoloutely

over a year ago

If I could only find it one place, I’d of paid £20, £50, even £100. It’s fucking bullshit how people are behaving during this.

Awww bless her. Hope you managed to get some for her."

Started phoning ahead to pharmacies to see if they had any.

Managed to fine one well stocked up, left the calpol and took the 200ml unbranded stuff

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Many of these shops are also being robbed blind by their suppliers hiking up the prices too so it isn't all down to the shop in all instances.

I only found this out speaking to a local store to me today over the price of a load of bread, she told me that anything in high demand is now at a high wholesale price too.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

This

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I was talking to the owner of a local independent pharmacy who get their Meds delivered from a wholesaler, who in turn is supplying at their usual pricing levels.

But it seems some pharmacies in the UK are approaching Wholesalers and offering to pay way over the odds for certain medicines, as they know their customers will pay whatever is necessary!

The decent wholesalers are shunning these Rip-Off pharmacies and telling them where to go!

over a year ago

Ariel wash tabs going for £50.99 from one independent reseller via a particular site. Vile.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I will admit, I can't believe our neighbours are such selfish bastards!

Those stock piling are total selfish fuckers and if that means YOU! Then fucking good! name and shame all you want is my point of view!

The publics behaviour in some locations are shocking to say the least!

Get a fucking grip! But if you have already stock piled your-precieved shit then stay away to allow NORMAL people to do their normal amount of their shopping!

I honestly can't believe how fucking selfish our country has turned out to be!

over a year ago

If people hadn't started panic buying this wouldn't be an issue. It's utter madness.

By *oxtonMan
over a year ago

Some where in West Yorkshire

If anyone is charging more than what they should be for products then you can report them to trading standards and they will be bollicked for it. Well they are round here and not sure what other parts of the country are like.

over a year ago

The real scumbags for me are the ones selling baby formula on Amazon for £100. That is lower than low. Shame on AMAZON too for allowing it

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Buy shares in Andrex! But be careful, cos after the pandemic prices could be flushed right down the pan!

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Remember one day this shit will be over and the robbing bastards hopefully will still be in business... then time to take revenge and boycott em if you haven’t done beforehand.. bingo

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"A creature on the book of faces bought loads of tins of baby milk and was selling it for £40 a tin! "
I've seen them for£50 to £250 for a tin robbing bastards

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"If anyone is charging more than what they should be for products then you can report them to trading standards and they will be bollicked for it. Well they are round here and not sure what other parts of the country are like."

There was a news report on TV tonight about Pharmacy chains charging Rip-Off prices for everyday meds or cleaning products.

The Chain's HQ tried to justify the extra cost due to manufacturers having put up their costs, so the pharmacies did likewise to achieve some profit level.

Amazingly, as soon as the story was about to go on UK wide TV bulletins, the pharmacy chain announced they'd reduced their prices considerably!!

Weird, isn't it??

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"A creature on the book of faces bought loads of tins of baby milk and was selling it for £40 a tin!

That really is the lowest of the low!!! Jesus!! "

Yep, she's selling loads of stuff, 100ml sanitiser for £12, hand soap, calpol, paracetamol. I can't believe how low some people will stoop.

over a year ago

Out of all the things to run low, baby formula is the lowest of the low. Some women just cannot breastfeed and if they cannot get hold of formula.... then what.... makes me sick.

over a year ago

Its interesting isn't it. For many years we have been exploited by capitalism. As employees or consumers most of us are unwittingly part of a chain that leads to someone somewhere making huge profits. And all of a sudden when it's so explicit people are pissed off with it. Let's hope it continues longer the Coronavirus.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Awww bless her. Hope you managed to get some for her.

Started phoning ahead to pharmacies to see if they had any.

Managed to fine one well stocked up, left the calpol and took the 200ml unbranded stuff "

Hope your daughters pain has eased.

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

Hey. I work at a Tesco. We have had abuse in store for the restrictions. I'm off now for 2 weeks due to holiday booked ages ago, but I'm not looking forward to going back to work

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Shopping has become a leisure activity in recent times.

We created this.

over a year ago

Well the thing is the pandemic wont be here forever and people have long memories, so when its over just boycott the shops that did this.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"

An off licence I stopped in the other day had the tiny bottles on sale for £9! The cheeky bugger tried to tell me that he makes no profit on them!

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

I’m selling hi-tech machines to help you manufacture your own toilet roll for £1.5m each. They’re only the size of a microwave oven and very cheap to make but they each come with one complimentary, pre-made loo-roll, hence the price.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Many of these shops are also being robbed blind by their suppliers hiking up the prices too so it isn't all down to the shop in all instances.

I only found this out speaking to a local store to me today over the price of a load of bread, she told me that anything in high demand is now at a high wholesale price too. "

Indeed. In some cases it is all they can do to stay in business. Its a tough time for small businesses and the self employed.

The unfortunate part is trying to work out who is actually being honest about it all.

The "backyard" sellers are the ones that certainly should be boycotted. I love the idea that while they might not have paid a great deal for their items, the though of them not being able to shift any of the items and being stuck with them afterward is wonderful.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"Hey. I work at a Tesco. We have had abuse in store for the restrictions. I'm off now for 2 weeks due to holiday booked ages ago, but I'm not looking forward to going back to work "

Enjoy yr Gil as best u can hun .. I was talking to a lady working Asda and she says they’ve had a shit load of abuse ... what the fook has happened to ppl ? The scum want battering .. we should reverse the snow flake attitudes and fight fire with fire .... all the best when u do go back and yr doing a sterling job x

over a year ago

Closing up the restaurant tonight & came across a small bottle of hand sanitizer that a guest left that was priced at £10.50. Bet the guest is devastated twice for paying that then losing it

over a year ago

If anyone is really struggling for baby formula or calpol, maybe see if your GP will prescribe it.

I'm not sure if these have now been cut but 8 years ago I used to get lacto free baby formula from the GP.

Surely no one can leave a baby without nutrition or with a temp.

Its absolutely shocking how crazy and selfish people are, when Italy are worse hit and still they are not behaving like utter locusts and clearing the shelves.

over a year ago

Meh. Supply and demand

over a year ago

If I could only find it one place, I’d of paid £20, £50, even £100. It’s fucking bullshit how people are behaving during this. "

Oh course you would and I don't blame you but there are many that simply don't have that much money.

It's scandalous!

over a year ago

"Meh. Supply and demand"

More like survival of the richest.

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"Meh. Supply and demand"

Yup. Vast majority blaming the supply (which is relatively constant) and not the fucking idiots that shifted the demand curve.

It was ever thus.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Face masks were 150 euro in a pharmacy here.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"If anyone is really struggling for baby formula or calpol, maybe see if your GP will prescribe it.

I'm not sure if these have now been cut but 8 years ago I used to get lacto free baby formula from the GP.

Its absolutely shocking how crazy and selfish people are, when Italy are worse hit and still they are not behaving like utter locusts and clearing the shelves. "

They pretty much do not prescribe any formula nowadays. Also just trying to get a doc appointment in any case seems impossible here. They closed the surgeries, speak to you in the car park from a mile away and refuse to do any type blood tests or offer appointments. I'm not sure how people will get care for ongoing conditions because it seems like the primary healthcare has simply shut down here.

over a year ago

"If anyone is really struggling for baby formula or calpol, maybe see if your GP will prescribe it.

Its absolutely shocking how crazy and selfish people are, when Italy are worse hit and still they are not behaving like utter locusts and clearing the shelves. "

Gps wont prescribe it..there are clear guidelines what gps are allowed to prescribe.

Government directive.

Over 40 items taken off prescription.

Please do not phone busy gps asking for these items.

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

That's how markets work.

Supply and demand, I remember some years back when some products were so over produced they could barely give them away.

Think it was Tinned beans at the time.

By *ings66Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"Hey. I work at a Tesco. We have had abuse in store for the restrictions. I'm off now for 2 weeks due to holiday booked ages ago, but I'm not looking forward to going back to work

Enjoy yr Gil as best u can hun .. I was talking to a lady working Asda and she says they’ve had a shit load of abuse ... what the fook has happened to ppl ? The scum want battering .. we should reverse the snow flake attitudes and fight fire with fire .... all the best when u do go back and yr doing a sterling job x"

It is not the staff to blame for this it is the horders we were in Tesco today trying to pick some bits for tea and the store had little stock there did find a jar of what we needed

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some opportunists were selling loo rolls and other scarce stuff on ebay, for many multiples of their vale - some over ten times the price.

The only thing I would pay a lot for is hand sanitiser as a gift for an elderly woman I care for, who's very anxious and resistant to explanations of its effectiveness etc.

over a year ago

"Its interesting isn't it. For many years we have been exploited by capitalism. As employees or consumers most of us are unwittingly part of a chain that leads to someone somewhere making huge profits. And all of a sudden when it's so explicit people are pissed off with it. Let's hope it continues longer the Coronavirus. "

Really.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Apples the prices have doubled people are making money from misery but karma is waiting.

over a year ago

Really?

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

"£20 for a bottle of Calpol !! Really? What other things have you seen hiked up? "

Knickers!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Really?"

Yeah

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"Hey. I work at a Tesco. We have had abuse in store for the restrictions. I'm off now for 2 weeks due to holiday booked ages ago, but I'm not looking forward to going back to work

Enjoy yr Gil as best u can hun .. I was talking to a lady working Asda and she says they’ve had a shit load of abuse ... what the fook has happened to ppl ? The scum want battering .. we should reverse the snow flake attitudes and fight fire with fire .... all the best when u do go back and yr doing a sterling job x

It is not the staff to blame for this it is the horders we were in Tesco today trying to pick some bits for tea and the store had little stock there did find a jar of what we needed "

Their morals, their code; it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. You'll see- I'll show you. When the chips are down these, uh, civilized people? They'll eat each other. See I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.

How true was the joker?

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

It is not the staff to blame for this it is the horders we were in Tesco today trying to pick some bits for tea and the store had little stock there did find a jar of what we needed "

We are getting the brunt of it tho

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

Its absolutely shocking how crazy and selfish people are, when Italy are worse hit and still they are not behaving like utter locusts and clearing the shelves.

Gps wont prescribe it..there are clear guidelines what gps are allowed to prescribe.

Government directive.

Over 40 items taken off prescription.

Please do not phone busy gps asking for these items.

"

Your local chemist can order baby formula for you

over a year ago

They pretty much do not prescribe any formula nowadays. Also just trying to get a doc appointment in any case seems impossible here. They closed the surgeries, speak to you in the car park from a mile away and refuse to do any type blood tests or offer appointments. I'm not sure how people will get care for ongoing conditions because it seems like the primary healthcare has simply shut down here. "

They are still doing things like dressings, injections and

infusions for people who need them.

It's only essential stuff though.

By *ings66Man
over a year ago

Bristol

It is not the staff to blame for this it is the horders we were in Tesco today trying to pick some bits for tea and the store had little stock there did find a jar of what we needed

Their morals, their code; it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. You'll see- I'll show you. When the chips are down these, uh, civilized people? They'll eat each other. See I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.

How true was the joker? "

Burn them at the stake but make sure you have sum bread to make toast as they burn

over a year ago

I had the last cat litter in my trolley and a lady stormed over and shouted at me before taking my litter and hurried off, the security officer I told said he couldn’t do anything!

I was shocked!

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

They pretty much do not prescribe any formula nowadays. Also just trying to get a doc appointment in any case seems impossible here. They closed the surgeries, speak to you in the car park from a mile away and refuse to do any type blood tests or offer appointments. I'm not sure how people will get care for ongoing conditions because it seems like the primary healthcare has simply shut down here.

It's only essential stuff though. "

I went earlier as I have a suspected broken ankle. They were brilliant. I just had to get my temperature checked and was asked about symptoms on the way in. Back for an x-ray tomorrow

over a year ago

It's very sad that the clueless ,selfish,heartless members of our society have started this I'm alright Jack fu@k everyone else attitude.complete lack of class.But hearing of teenagers making up essential kits for the old and needy warms my heart,the panic buyers take note and hope your embarrassed,shame on you!!!.

over a year ago

The thing is its all these local shops that the community have kept the in business for many years now they doing this sort of thing so as a community we should let these shops know we will boycott them put their business out of business if this is what they want to do to the local people

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

"I had the last cat litter in my trolley and a lady stormed over and shouted at me before taking my litter and hurried off, the security officer I told said he couldn’t do anything!

I was shocked! "

Cor it’s bad when people get that hungry!!!

over a year ago

It's only essential stuff though.

I went earlier as I have a suspected broken ankle. They were brilliant. I just had to get my temperature checked and was asked about symptoms on the way in. Back for an x-ray tomorrow "

I found the same.

I need to go every other day to get an ulster packed and dressed and they have been awesome.

They are teaching Ash to do it tomorrow so I only have to go once a week to get it checked as I'm very high risk.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Only foolish people pay foolish prices

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Only foolish people pay foolish prices"

Or they need it

over a year ago

£20 for a hand job on my local corner... disgusting.. she usually only charges a fiver.. said its danger money

over a year ago

Op I’m Northampton I work at Tesco p/t if you need any calpol at normal Tesco price let me know x

over a year ago

They pretty much do not prescribe any formula nowadays. Also just trying to get a doc appointment in any case seems impossible here. They closed the surgeries, speak to you in the car park from a mile away and refuse to do any type blood tests or offer appointments. I'm not sure how people will get care for ongoing conditions because it seems like the primary healthcare has simply shut down here. "

The reasons that the GP service has scaled backed nationally is because in italy the infection rate of GPs is far higher than hospital doctors and includes several deaths. Not unreasonably they are concerned by the Italian precedent. Hospital doctors tend to treat confirmed cases and take suitable precautions, GPs see people when they arent even diagnosed and are at a greater risk

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"I had the last cat litter in my trolley and a lady stormed over and shouted at me before taking my litter and hurried off, the security officer I told said he couldn’t do anything!

I was shocked! "

I’ve used online suppliers for cat food and litter for years. Zooplus and fetch are good. Medicanimal are fast. All have longer despatch times now but if you can manage for a week?

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I saw face masks for £30 yesterday

This was expected hence why I got mine in january

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

The reasons that the GP service has scaled backed nationally is because in italy the infection rate of GPs is far higher than hospital doctors and includes several deaths. Not unreasonably they are concerned by the Italian precedent. Hospital doctors tend to treat confirmed cases and take suitable precautions, GPs see people when they arent even diagnosed and are at a greater risk"

I get that, but at the rate my GP surgery is refusing to deal with things, the deaths will be due to untreated infections, diabetes, blood pressure related cardiovascular stuff and people on anticoagulants bleeding out. They aren't doing INR clinics, for example.

over a year ago

The positive is that at least with inflated prices, people arnt going to bulk buy those items, so at least they are available for those that need them.

Not so good for the those that are in poverty though.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Times like this you realise just how the rich of this country have profited from the poor.

over a year ago

Corner shop owner went into the pharmacy and purchased a box of 100 numark paracetamols which retail at 39p per 32 tablets.

He is selling them for £5 per 32 tablets. 4 pint milk £3.50 but people are still buying from his shop.

over a year ago

I was shocked!

I’ve used online suppliers for cat food and litter for years. Zooplus and fetch are good. Medicanimal are fast. All have longer despatch times now but if you can manage for a week?"

Thank you, I’ll check it out

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Op I’m Northampton I work at Tesco p/t if you need any calpol at normal Tesco price let me know x"

What a lovely gesture

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

People need to be taking photos and shaming these low life people/shops on social media

By *oxladMan
over a year ago

WORKSOP

These local shops want the community to support them! Then they hike the prices up in the hour of need!

Everyone name and shame them!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Some of the suppliers to the shops are doing the robbing so make sure it is the shop and not their supplier that's in the wrong.

A mate owns a shop and he had sanitizer on order for I think £3.50 and then the supplier said the new price was double,

He took the order because he wanted yo supply his local community but he sold it at cost price.

When this is over the supplier won't be a supplier !

over a year ago

"£24.99 for a carex hand soap. The shop has been named shamed and boycotted on Facebook and rightly so!"

Good! I hope that they close soon and everyone boycotts it until it happens! That’s bloody rotten behaviour

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

A couple of local corner shops got caught advertising toilet rolls at £1 each, and a 50ml hand sanitiser for £8.99.

When questioned by the press, they claimed it was "a joke".

Name, shame and boycott. Then see if they think their "joke" is funny.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Utter rubbish. They saying that to try to justify themselves overcharging

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Meanwhile stocks are running low of hand sanitizer to be delivered to Care Companies. Care Homes are struggling to get hold of sufficient food for their residents. Nurses/Dr’s coming off shift are struggling to get shopping.

Makes you want to weep the callous nature of some twats in our society.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Looting would be too good for these shops and no less than they deserve.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Meanwhile stocks are running low of hand sanitizer to be delivered to Care Companies. Care Homes are struggling to get hold of sufficient food for their residents. Nurses/Dr’s coming off shift are struggling to get shopping.

"

Especially the cunts who barged past staff at 6am, the time the supermarket had specifically reserved for elderly shoppers only!

It's become a national embarrassment.

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

I'd grab as many as I could and throw the rrp at the owner in coins then give them away to who needs them. What they gonna do call the police because you've paid rrp for an item. Fukk the money grabbing gits.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Hopefully people will remember and they'll be out of business afterwards. Sad for the employees but them bosses are scum.

By *adyinred696969Couple
over a year ago

Brecon

If you go on FB, you will find people are posting the phone number of a govt dept who you can report these overcharging scumbags to, it's actually illegal to inflate prices like that.

Please stay safe everyone, look after the vulnerable in your local community xxx

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Profiteering.

Don't buy.

Report locally.

Ask neighborhood for help if you're low on supplies.

Don't buy from them if they're scalping workers.

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Ask on local FB, there will be someone who can help.

over a year ago

At least you can find calpol. My baby is sick and is in pain. We went to seven different shops/pharmacys before we could get any. And we only got some because hubby’s mum works in Morrisons and was able to smuggle us some that weren’t going to be put on the shelves for another few days.

But we’re rapidly running out. We get stuff free through minor elements but even that is a struggle to get.

over a year ago

Pharmacy on the news last night charging £9.99 for a 60p box of paracetamol

Absolute arseholes

At this rate it won't be long before the government brings back rationing

over a year ago

I am afraid it is our own greediness and panic that is causing this. It is us - the public that are panic buying and hording that are causing inflated prices. All commodities are market driven. All I hope is that the shit roll panic buyers are contaminated by the virus and then they will find how useful arsewipe is when you have a cough and a sore throat. Be even better if the manufactures have to re-call the stuff because production line staff was infected. Gonna love it when the hoarders self isolate - the rest of us get on with life - get the virus - recover and become immune. Then the prats with their 4000 tins of beans and soup think it is safe to emerge from their hobbit hole when it all calms down and catch the bug. They will be the ones that have paid £100@s for the privilege and I hope that by then they are identified as a selfless basterd's are left in the gutter. I thought we was a better nation that was better this but it appears that the majority revolt to wolves and rats when shit hits the fan. Shame on you all if you have stockpiled and if you can only think of yourselves then you would be no good as a meet partner.

over a year ago

One of our local petrol stations will be going bust soon, they tried selling handwash for £15 a go and got named and shamed on social media with the pictures as proof, the next day the guy tried saying he was selling it for cost and only ordered it as a service to the community. Strange thing was he couldn't show a reciept or invoice. The backlash has been insane

By *unscot44Man
over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

As we have seen over last few weeks a crisis brings out both the very best and unfortunately the very worst of humanity.

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"As we have seen over last few weeks a crisis brings out both the very best and unfortunately the very worst of humanity."

Nothing new. There was a mass crime wave during the blitz for example.

People are people.

By *avenTinaCouple
over a year ago

Southport

By *avenTinaCouple
over a year ago

Southport

I have a spare unopened bottle that you are welcome to, I managed to buy one last night as did a my wife

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Someone's probably already mentioned it but these arse hole retailers can be reported for hiking their prices up.

I reported a local newsagents who were selling 12 pk loo roll for £12!!!

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

You can now report these shops to trading standards

over a year ago

Folks true colours will shine through during these times

over a year ago

All those shops should be reported it's disgusting behavior taking advantage like that in times of need

over a year ago

I was given from work a large 500ml of hand sanitiser , the old lady across the road has people calling in every day to help her so I gave them my sanititiser , also brought from work some loo roll gave it to my neighbour, we all need to look out for each other , it’s not a competition as too who can hoard the most food

over a year ago

One corner shop near us has had his windows put through, hiked everything up apparently.

over a year ago

"Meanwhile stocks are running low of hand sanitizer to be delivered to Care Companies. Care Homes are struggling to get hold of sufficient food for their residents. Nurses/Dr’s coming off shift are struggling to get shopping.

Especially the cunts who barged past staff at 6am, the time the supermarket had specifically reserved for elderly shoppers only!

It's become a national embarrassment."

Although an old guy near us rammed his trolley in to a young woman's back and hurt her because she was shopping on their golden hour, she was actually pregnant and he couldn't see from behind.

People in general just need to chill the fuck out.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"One corner shop near us has had his windows put through, hiked everything up apparently. "

Jesus....theres NO need for that kind of behaviour

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"One corner shop near us has had his windows put through, hiked everything up apparently. "

I hope the glazier hiked his price up for replacing the windows..

over a year ago

I managed to find some calpol

over a year ago

"I managed to find some calpol "

Yayyyyyy. X

over a year ago

Slightly off topic but we saw a young girl returning to her car yesterday and someone had put her back window out and tore her parcel shelf out to steal her shopping . Sad sad times

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Slightly off topic but we saw a young girl returning to her car yesterday and someone had put her back window out and tore her parcel shelf out to steal her shopping . Sad sad times"

WTF!? Where do you live?

over a year ago

"Slightly off topic but we saw a young girl returning to her car yesterday and someone had put her back window out and tore her parcel shelf out to steal her shopping . Sad sad times"

What the actual fuck is wrong with people?!

My friend is heavily pregnant and she had to get checked over at hospital because someone shoved her over so they could get her toilet roll

over a year ago

It's illegal to hike the price up that much. It has to be.

We're seeing the face of capitalism at its ugliest.

over a year ago

"Slightly off topic but we saw a young girl returning to her car yesterday and someone had put her back window out and tore her parcel shelf out to steal her shopping . Sad sad times

WTF!? Where do you live?"

it was Seaham Asda

over a year ago

It's become a national embarrassment.

Although an old guy near us rammed his trolley in to a young woman's back and hurt her because she was shopping on their golden hour, she was actually pregnant and he couldn't see from behind.

People in general just need to chill the fuck out. "

We are having the same issues.

Went to my local pharmacy today to pick up my prescription that I put In 3 days ago to be told they haven't ordered it yet as they are only dealing with high risk patients.

My prescription was for my diabetic medication and dressing pack for the ulster caused by it.

People in the at risk group are more at risk of their pre existing conditions going untreated than they are from the virus.

over a year ago

"Slightly off topic but we saw a young girl returning to her car yesterday and someone had put her back window out and tore her parcel shelf out to steal her shopping . Sad sad times

What the actual fuck is wrong with people?!

My friend is heavily pregnant and she had to get checked over at hospital because someone shoved her over so they could get her toilet roll"

fucking disgraceful

over a year ago

"It's illegal to hike the price up that much. It has to be.

We're seeing the face of capitalism at its ugliest. "

eBay have stopped it and asking people to report it on there.

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

WTF!? Where do you live?it was Seaham Asda"

That says it all Seaham lol

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I just spoke to a mate that works at our local Aldi, people are queuing from 7 for the shop to open at 8.

On Sunday they started at 8, the shop opens at 10.

No wonder there's fuck all left when I get there.

over a year ago

Report them to trading standards as im sure its illegal to hike prices up that much.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Someone's probably already mentioned it but these arse hole retailers can be reported for hiking their prices up.

I reported a local newsagents who were selling 12 pk loo roll for £12!!! "

The sad situation is that once reported nothing may happen, cash strapped councils are cost cutting and Trading Standards is very near the top of the list, that includes Northamptonshire.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"You can now report these shops to trading standards "

Not true I'm afraid. This is a direct quote from Essex Trading Standards

We have received a number of queries about individuals and businesses exploiting the current Covid-19 situation and selling products at very high prices. Although this does not breach any regulations that Trading Standards cover, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) are keen to receive reports.

The CMA wants to ensure that traders do not exploit the current situation to take advantage of people.

We urge retailers to behave responsibly throughout the coronavirus outbreak and not to make misleading claims or charge vastly inflated prices. We also remind members of the public that these obligations may apply to them too if they resell goods, for example on online marketplaces.

To report a retailer or individual, you can do so by emailing general.enquiries@cma.gov.uk with the following information:

- your contact details

- the business/individual you have concerns about and a description of the issue along with any supporting evidence

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

Best just have a good memory.

It's what social media was made for.

Name and shame them now and keep on doing so when it's all over and back to normal.

What little extra they make now they can loose in the future.

Maybe a list of offenders so HMRC can give them a little call when everything is back to normal, just to make sure these lovely people have declared their extra profits.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

Cat food has gone up

By *entleman4MMFMan
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Fantastic

over a year ago

£8 for 9 loo rolls.. 5.99 for a small hand sanitizer in my local cost cutter.

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"Cat food has gone up"

I know and my kids will only eat Sheba beef with gravy variety.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Jane McDonald CD spotted selling for 99p on the high street

Indeed, those robbing swines...

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I was talking to the owner of a local independent pharmacy who get their Meds delivered from a wholesaler, who in turn is supplying at their usual pricing levels.

But it seems some pharmacies in the UK are approaching Wholesalers and offering to pay way over the odds for certain medicines, as they know their customers will pay whatever is necessary!

The decent wholesalers are shunning these Rip-Off pharmacies and telling them where to go!

"

Most prices in the pharmaceutical world are set by the manufacture so wholesale cannot and nor would they inflate. Generic medicine is dictated by demand but are still kept in check. Wholesalers wouldnt be able to change their pricing based on one greedy pharmacy offering to pay more! What they do when they get stock is another story I guess

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Cat food has gone up

I know and my kids will only eat Sheba beef with gravy variety. "

How did your kids come to love cat food ?

I bet the teacher gives them strange looks when they take packed lunches in

over a year ago

that’s cheap sanitizer!! They are going for a lot more on certain selling sites

Post new Message to Thread