Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should you catch it early?

Jump to newest

By *nlyIfItsWorthIt OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

While the NHS can still cope - nab a bed and ventilator before they all go and you're really fucked ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"While the NHS can still cope - nab a bed and ventilator before they all go and you're really fucked ?"

I said the exact thing to a friend today

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South Ipswich

If you're in good health you definitely won't need a hospital

over a year ago

I was just debating this too. Well not the hospital bit, just the get it over and done with. The fact you can get reinfected makes it a no for me.

over a year ago

"I was just debating this too. Well not the hospital bit, just the get it over and done with. The fact you can get reinfected makes it a no for me. "

Is that confirmed? Last I heard it was very very rare.

over a year ago

Newcastle

"I was just debating this too. Well not the hospital bit, just the get it over and done with. The fact you can get reinfected makes it a no for me.

Is that confirmed? Last I heard it was very very rare."

Unless it mutates you should have developed an immunity to it.

over a year ago

Remember before Christmas when everyone seemed to be ill?

We had people off from the office, our customers were all off, everyone seemed to have it.

I honestly think that was Corona and the worst has been and gone

over a year ago

As far as I'm aware, there was one case. And that can happen with the flu.

Some people just dont get immune the same I guess

over a year ago

Sounds like Russian roulette to me...catch it tomorrow and 5 days time you need a hospital when they might be full by then...

I'll stay trying to dodge the fecker I think.

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

Can’t run that risk got bad lungs now would proberly fuck me up big time

over a year ago

I really don't think it's life threatening for most of the population. So no. I'm not a selfish c***

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Remember before Christmas when everyone seemed to be ill?

We had people off from the office, our customers were all off, everyone seemed to have it.

I honestly think that was Corona and the worst has been and gone"

The worst is still to come, will settle down over the summer but will be back with a vengeance in late autumn into winter

over a year ago

I honestly think that was Corona and the worst has been and gone

The worst is still to come, will settle down over the summer but will be back with a vengeance in late autumn into winter"

Most flus do

over a year ago

If you are under 70 and without significant medical problems then the chances are (80%) that this will be no different to having a cold. The sad reality is that the population needs to get it to build up what is called herd immunity which will eventually protect everyone. That is the theory behind isolating the vulnerable.

It is a pain in the ass which will go on for a couple of months so get used to it. We all need to take it as it comes. Some will be affected more than others but most will be fine (which I accept it only fine if you are lucky enough to be in the “fine” group).

“Getting it early” doesn’t work as we don’t know if you have “it” - you may just have the cold, or the seasonal flu, not necessarily COVID-19.

over a year ago

Newcastle

Recent figures show a 7% mortality for people with bad hypertension like myself.

By *he James gangCouple
over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

I've gone off grid, heart failure makes me a target. Def com 1 for me, if I get it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

There's a lot of unknowns still, it's still very early days.

We should try to work towards the greater good and help contain this thing as best we can, it seems to me.

over a year ago

I honestly think that was Corona and the worst has been and gone"

I'm of the same opinion

over a year ago

"There's a lot of unknowns still, it's still very early days.

We should try to work towards the greater good and help contain this thing as best we can, it seems to me."

Can I isolate with you lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I was just debating this too. Well not the hospital bit, just the get it over and done with. The fact you can get reinfected makes it a no for me.

Is that confirmed? Last I heard it was very very rare."

It's a new disease, with a short history behind it, so data on it is very limited. It may also start to mutate, such that it loses its current stability.

Hospitals are taking only the very seriously ill, so if you're up for a few weeks on a ventilator, damage your health now and then try to get infected.

over a year ago

Is that confirmed? Last I heard it was very very rare.

It's a new disease, with a short history behind it, so data on it is very limited. It may also start to mutate, such that it loses its current stability.

Hospitals are taking only the very seriously ill, so if you're up for a few weeks on a ventilator, damage your health now and then try to get infected.

"

I'm not planning on getting it, however if I am going to get it, I would rather have it happen sooner than later.

over a year ago

I was ill new year’s day for just over 2 weeks but it was flu, aches, cough and generally feeling shit. It wasn’t a dry cough though so wasn’t corona.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"While the NHS can still cope - nab a bed and ventilator before they all go and you're really fucked ?"
I'm actually sure I have already had it in December last year. The flu that was like nothing I've ever had before. If it was.. it wasn't pleasant.

But I am hoping It was the virus and therefore I wont catch it again

over a year ago

"While the NHS can still cope - nab a bed and ventilator before they all go and you're really fucked ? I'm actually sure I have already had it in December last year. The flu that was like nothing I've ever had before. If it was.. it wasn't pleasant.

But I am hoping It was the virus and therefore I wont catch it again "

Would you bet on it tho haha

A friend had it and they said it was horrible but only lasted a few days

over a year ago

"While the NHS can still cope - nab a bed and ventilator before they all go and you're really fucked ? I'm actually sure I have already had it in December last year. The flu that was like nothing I've ever had before. If it was.. it wasn't pleasant.

But I am hoping It was the virus and therefore I wont catch it again "

In the UK, in December, you almost certainly did not have it...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

But I am hoping It was the virus and therefore I wont catch it again

In the UK, in December, you almost certainly did not have it..."

how do you know that. I had the exact same symptoms...and they are now pretty sure it's been around much longer than we have known about it. I returned from a holiday.. to which I was actually in contact with numerous chinese nationals..... got a cold about a week later... not bad but I dont normally get them

...I got a headache... then I came down with what I put down to flu.. except I had an awful cough... my temperature at times was ridiculous ... it felt like I had someone sitting on my chest and my breathing was tight. I didn't have a runny nose etc though.. but had aches like I've never ached before..and tired..omg never felt so tired.

There are lots of people that had something similar around that time which was put down to seasonal flu but now there is some speculation that it's been around much longer. Just undetected.

over a year ago

OK, I don’t. But I did say “in the U.K.” - if you were in specific parts of China clearly your risk is different.

The symptoms are that of any flu virus - if it was easy to tell from symptoms then testing would never have even needed. There are no “classic symptoms”, only patterns.

Not saying you didn’t have it, just unlikely; but if you were in Wuhan in mid to late Dec 19 then v likely...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"OK, I don’t. But I did say “in the U.K.” - if you were in specific parts of China clearly your risk is different.

The symptoms are that of any flu virus - if it was easy to tell from symptoms then testing would never have even needed. There are no “classic symptoms”, only patterns.

Not saying you didn’t have it, just unlikely; but if you were in Wuhan in mid to late Dec 19 then v likely..."

actually there is a guy that was in wuhan that then was in the same area I was at the same time. He was in the news about how he survived.

Even my doctor thinks it is possible... but they arent testing people to see if they have it.. let alone to see who has had it. Not saying I definately have but it does fit the symptoms and was unlike how ive ever been before and as I say. I know from reports that i was in the same area as someone who has had it and was in the same area as me.

over a year ago

"OK, I don’t. But I did say “in the U.K.” - if you were in specific parts of China clearly your risk is different.

Not saying you didn’t have it, just unlikely; but if you were in Wuhan in mid to late Dec 19 then v likely..."

It was discovered in Wuhan.

But you carry it for 2 weeks before symptoms show, how many people went in and out of wuhan in 2 weeks. Not hard to imagine is spread very far in that amount of time

over a year ago

It sounds harsh but we’re beyond the stage of looking for people who have it in the community as, in general terms, we already know the virus is out there and you will probably be ok. We test people who need to come into hospital as it changes how things are done.

If we test you then what will that result do? Positive - well, you’re out of the zone of infecting others so no action required. Negative - again, no change as you are over it. We need to focus resources on those who need it, not on those who just want to know. I know it sounds harsh but there only are so many tests a lab can process and they have to be prioritised.

Post new Message to Thread