Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How will you keep your sanity?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So my office closed yesterday with everyone being advised to work from home. Following what the Gov said yesterday about keeping social interaction to a minimum unless necessary, apart from the obvious fab perving, what are your plans to keep sane?

I'm thinking my running is going to improve! Definitely reading a bit more.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have been in isolation and today is day 7. One of my colleagues tested positive so work locked us out. I have a conference call later but all being well we should be back in by friday. If that's the case then I can finally leave the house! It's not been fun and I think I have put on 3 stone but nearly over now.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Working out.

DIY

Gardening

Animals

And my trusty PS4

over a year ago

"I have been in isolation and today is day 7. One of my colleagues tested positive so work locked us out. I have a conference call later but all being well we should be back in by friday. If that's the case then I can finally leave the house! It's not been fun and I think I have put on 3 stone but nearly over now."

You've not kept up with developments then, have you?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

ah man, hope you get out soon!

Yeah I definitely need to watch the snacking! I'll get bored then just return to the fridge 8 times an hour for something to do.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"So my office closed yesterday with everyone being advised to work from home. Following what the Gov said yesterday about keeping social interaction to a minimum unless necessary, apart from the obvious fab perving, what are your plans to keep sane?

I'm thinking my running is going to improve! Definitely reading a bit more. "

Since the lockdown issued on parliament.

Copied from news article-

Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle also urged MPs and peers over the age of 70, as well as those with underlying health conditions and those who might be pregnant, ‘to pay particular attention to the advice of Public Health England’. Under new guidance published on Monday, these groups are ‘strongly advised against’ social mixing in the community.

The advice is for people at risk to minimise social interactions.

It's wise since the health Minister has it and also her mother caught it but only suffered mild symptoms. Wouldn't want the whole of the government infected since most of them are over 60. Where would we be without them? (Yes I'm being sarcastic since most of them are unnecessary and just sit there raking in tax payers money I wonder how many will claim working from home?)

Don't take my sarcasm as lack of caring but the government aren't putting the public before the rich. Heck even Richard Branson is asking for government help!? What about the people who truly need financial aid in these awful times? I'm sure Richard Branson will cope just fine with his wealth.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Keep it...? I never fucking had it in the first place

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/03/20 08:01:10]

over a year ago

"I started with a smokers cough yesterday so today is day 1 of isolation (oh fucking marvelous) I have a metric ton of nvq stuff to get started on so I may as well use my time wisely, early pay rise here I come every cloud and all that."

over a year ago

Day 2 of lockdown here. More reading, more food, more Netflix, more food, naps, more food.

Imma be a beast by the end of this.

over a year ago

It’s when the kids get locked down that my sanity will go!

over a year ago

"It’s when the kids get locked down that my sanity will go!"

That’s exactly when I will go mad... I work from home occasionally but when the kids will be st home it will be a lot harder.

Reality is that we need to keep up the company while we can otherwise we will just lose our jobs

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm now working from home until further notice - I'm already feeling caged and antsy

I'm lucky in that I live in a small village in the sticks, where I can get out without really seeing people, so I plan to spend my breaks going out for walks to avoid the cabin fever.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I'm now working from home until further notice - I'm already feeling caged and antsy

I'm lucky in that I live in a small village in the sticks, where I can get out without really seeing people, so I plan to spend my breaks going out for walks to avoid the cabin fever. "

Eurgh the antsy feeling! Day two technically and I'm already excitedly replying whenever anyone messages because the joys of people talking to me.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We'll keep our individual sanity by attempting to drive each other insane

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’m wfh and all pent up

over a year ago

"ah man, hope you get out soon!

Yeah I definitely need to watch the snacking! I'll get bored then just return to the fridge 8 times an hour for something to do. "

I finished 7 days on Sunday - I reckon I put on about 10 stone from the constant eating

I was SO BORED!

I've never been so happy to go back to work

over a year ago

"We'll keep our individual sanity by attempting to drive each other insane "

I’m doing this with a teenager.

She’s winning!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"We'll keep our individual sanity by attempting to drive each other insane

She’s winning! "

. It's an unequal contest

By *rsPricklePantsWoman
over a year ago

Room 237 at The Overlook Hotel, Suffolk

By watching the Shining and looking out for the signs

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

Ppl say to me I’m lucky not to have work and be at home all time now they will realise when it’s forces not as glamorous as it seems

over a year ago

She’s winning!

. It's an unequal contest "

I don’t think you’ve ever said a more accurate statement!

over a year ago

She’s winning!

I don’t think you’ve ever said a more accurate statement! "

That’s unfair I remember Mrs N saying something 4 years ago

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

She’s winning!

I don’t think you’ve ever said a more accurate statement! "

. Been there and have the scars to prove it.

By *uff the Boner!Man
over a year ago

SWANSEA

Thank fuck for Alcohol, that is what I say!

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Keep calm & drink tea.

I also stay sane by chatting with people in here, WhatsApp, kik etc. Fab does bring a lot of positivity

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Avoiding watching the news

Mario Kart

Taking the neighbours' dogs for walks

Mini eggs

over a year ago

i keep mine in a glass with grannies teeth

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Plenty of things people can be doing. Learning new skills, learning a new language. Organising things in the house, sorting through old clothes to give to charity. Just a few examples.

over a year ago

"Avoiding watching the news

Mario Kart

Taking the neighbours' dogs for walks

Mini eggs

"

marry me lets have a swinging relationship in isolation

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Thank goodness(or badness ) for kik and fab

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

I’ve been working from home since last Thursday. To save snacking I’ve been working upstairs as I’m too lazy to go downstairs apart from lunchtime. Plenty of work to keep me busy it’s just like sitting in the office but I don’t have to put a dress on! Just glad I don’t do video conference calls!

over a year ago

Have to confess to being more concerned about finances than viruses. There are going to be lots of businesses failing and an unimaginable number of job losses with no hope of walking into another job.

over a year ago

"Have to confess to being more concerned about finances than viruses. There are going to be lots of businesses failing and an unimaginable number of job losses with no hope of walking into another job."
the concensus is to panic buck the trend

over a year ago

She’s winning!

. Been there and have the scars to prove it. "

Thank god I still have Christmas booze!

It’s acceptable to have Baileys coffee at 9.12 on St. Patrick’s Day, right?

over a year ago

I've been off work for two weeks (not out of the ordinary, March is always like that in my industry) but I'll have no work whatsoever really until large scale events start being held again... No immediate financial problems, but uncertainty is definitely around the corner...

And my daughter has complained of a belly ache, ten minutes before she is due to be taken for school. I'm treating it as a coronavirus rehearsal and she's in bed with no stimuli, curtains shut, light off and no meals ALL DAY long...Rather than saying that she feels better at 10am which does happen...

Being bored shitless all day will do her belly far more good in the long run.

B

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

She’s winning!

It’s acceptable to have Baileys coffee at 9.12 on St. Patrick’s Day, right? "

If you are shut in with a teenager it's acceptable to be hooked up to a Bailey's drip.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"I've been off work for two weeks (not out of the ordinary, March is always like that in my industry) but I'll have no work whatsoever really until large scale events start being held again... No immediate financial problems, but uncertainty is definitely around the corner...

And my daughter has complained of a belly ache, ten minutes before she is due to be taken for school. I'm treating it as a coronavirus rehearsal and she's in bed with no stimuli, curtains shut, light off and no meals ALL DAY long...Rather than saying that she feels better at 10am which does happen...

B"

No meals?

Since all this antibac obsession people have forgotten about norovirus and rotavirus. Let's hope it's neither

over a year ago

She’s winning!

It’s acceptable to have Baileys coffee at 9.12 on St. Patrick’s Day, right?

If you are shut in with a teenager it's acceptable to be hooked up to a Bailey's drip. "

Thanks, Doctor. Sound advice!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

My plans to keep sane basically involve messaging Boldy a fuck ton and getting out the house and enjoying fresh air. Maybe. I've got workout videos and Steam that I'll probably log on to today because it is one of those days.

over a year ago

"My plans to keep sane basically involve messaging Boldy a fuck ton and getting out the house and enjoying fresh air. Maybe. I've got workout videos and Steam that I'll probably log on to today because it is one of those days. "

Pray for me.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/03/20 09:47:28]

over a year ago

"My plans to keep sane basically involve messaging Boldy a fuck ton and getting out the house and enjoying fresh air. Maybe. I've got workout videos and Steam that I'll probably log on to today because it is one of those days.

Pray for me. "

LOVE your AC/DC T-Shirt in your photos... greatest band ever

over a year ago

Wish they'd shut my damn place.

Actually, we're quite safe, working conditions are that bad, virus would die here.

over a year ago

I'm going to send Videos of me mid pokey bum wank to BoldyLongLegs

over a year ago

I'm on day 5 of self-quarantine as I'm showing cv symptoms but as I live with my parents, one of whom has significant health issues, I am confined to my bedroom and the spare bathroom only. It has been hard at times but to be honest I'm so fatigued I've slept most of the time away and I have zero appetite, I'm only eating to be able to take some medicine at the moment. Having said that I can't wait for Friday when I can go back downstairs!!!!

over a year ago

I work in hospitality

If we close (looks likely as no ones coming in) I’ve no wage, no backup as on low income to pay mortgage past the next months,

Bills will go out the window in replacement of basic food items.

Not a lot can be done if I’m honest.

By *andy cane321Couple
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Lots of quality adult time with the one i love.

over a year ago

"I've been off work for two weeks (not out of the ordinary, March is always like that in my industry) but I'll have no work whatsoever really until large scale events start being held again... No immediate financial problems, but uncertainty is definitely around the corner...

B

No meals?

Since all this antibac obsession people have forgotten about norovirus and rotavirus. Let's hope it's neither "

Hardly too much a hardship. She wolfed down a full bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes this morning and was her usual bouncy self until told to get ready for school and brush her teeth in two minutes. Then the "bellyache" started from nowhere, very painful apparently. Ten minutes after I took her back up to bed and she got her jimjams on she hasn't complained once of any grief from her tum and chatted bright and breezily when I went up to see her with a freshly filled water bottle.

So she misses lunch, and sits with no stimulus in bed ALL day. A meal in the evening possibly, when she's endured the unending boredom during daylight hours, in her room with drawn curtains in a way only a child can.

If she is malingering then this will encourage her not to do so again! If it is an actual tummy bug then the recovery conditions will do her good, so it's a win-win.

B

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I'll probably continue to have to go in to work regardless because they're just like that Otherwise it'd be two weeks with K after two weeks away I'd probably spend most of it watching films, gaming, and teaching myself Unity.

over a year ago

"It’s when the kids get locked down that my sanity will go!"
that’s the worry

over a year ago

"I'm going to send Videos of me mid pokey bum wank to BoldyLongLegs"

I don’t have enough alcohol for this tbf.

over a year ago

"I'm going to send Videos of me mid pokey bum wank to BoldyLongLegs

I don’t have enough alcohol for this tbf."

Check your inbox

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

B

No meals?

Since all this antibac obsession people have forgotten about norovirus and rotavirus. Let's hope it's neither

Hardly too much a hardship. She wolfed down a full bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes this morning and was her usual bouncy self until told to get ready for school and brush her teeth in two minutes. Then the "bellyache" started from nowhere, very painful apparently. Ten minutes after I took her back up to bed and she got her jimjams on she hasn't complained once of any grief from her tum and chatted bright and breezily when I went up to see her with a freshly filled water bottle.

So she misses lunch, and sits with no stimulus in bed ALL day. A meal in the evening possibly, when she's endured the unending boredom during daylight hours, in her room with drawn curtains in a way only a child can.

If she is malingering then this will encourage her not to do so again! If it is an actual tummy bug then the recovery conditions will do her good, so it's a win-win.

B"

My mum used to do the same lol. I only pretended to be ill once, the boredom of staring at yogi bear curtains all day put me off doing it again

over a year ago

"I'm going to send Videos of me mid pokey bum wank to BoldyLongLegs

I don’t have enough alcohol for this tbf.

Check your inbox "

*blocked*

over a year ago

"So my office closed yesterday with everyone being advised to work from home. Following what the Gov said yesterday about keeping social interaction to a minimum unless necessary, apart from the obvious fab perving, what are your plans to keep sane?

I'm thinking my running is going to improve! Definitely reading a bit more. "

I’m off to a DIY shop to buy some tools, gunna try and self teach myself to make a decked area out of pallets. I’m am crap at DIY so will be interesting!!

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple
over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Ive had my youngest in isolation for a week already due to a cough. Lock down or no lockdown I'd be keeping him in anyway as he has no reserve lung capacity. Luckily for me i can work from home

Im also well prepared for this as i was signed off work for 4 months until the end of jan so got pretty used to being home. So much so ive spent most of my phased return at home too. Feels like business as usual for me...

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Another one in lockdown with kids. I'm going fucking mental already and it's only day two of fourteen.

They've eaten most of the crisps. The small one wants a Greggs sausage roll and the big one was up to 4am watching lord of the rings again.

I'm trying to work...

over a year ago

Day 1 and already bored working from home

Post new Message to Thread