Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can anyone remember

Jump to newest

By *nlyIfItsWorthIt OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

When space raiders came out, they were multi coloured?

They also were super strong in flavour - especially the cheese ones.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Newcastle

Did I imagine this ?

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

Pickles onion all way

over a year ago

Newcastle

"Pickles onion all way"

Yes - I'm actually eating a bag right now !

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Pickles onion all way

Yes - I'm actually eating a bag right now !"

Sooooo craving a bag now share

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Only 10p a pack

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"When space raiders came out, they were multi coloured?

They also were super strong in flavour - especially the cheese ones."

I don't remember them being multicolored if you mean the actual crisps they pretty much look the same today. Packaging has changed. I remember picked onion being eyewatering strong put me off pickled onion anything.

over a year ago

Newcastle

I found this for an 80s website...

"Space Raiders were launched in the late 1970s and were just 10p. Remarkably, they remained at 10p all the way until late October 2007, when the price was hiked to 15p, causing much uproar!

Each crisp was shaped like an alien head, and before the change in EC food colouring laws (miserable lot!), Roast Beef Space Raiders were bright red and pickled onion ones were green. They are now a boring light brown colour, reflecting the maize / corn ingredients - yawn."

I knew I wasn't mad!

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"I found this for an 80s website...

"Space Raiders were launched in the late 1970s and were just 10p. Remarkably, they remained at 10p all the way until late October 2007, when the price was hiked to 15p, causing much uproar!

Each crisp was shaped like an alien head, and before the change in EC food colouring laws (miserable lot!), Roast Beef Space Raiders were bright red and pickled onion ones were green. They are now a boring light brown colour, reflecting the maize / corn ingredients - yawn."

I knew I wasn't mad!"

I'm not that old haha

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

Fair play with the space raiders but nobody remembers beef discos! I challenge anyone to come up with a crisp that even comes close for its strong flavour. (Beef and mustard brannigans are not included)

over a year ago

Newcastle

"Fair play with the space raiders but nobody remembers beef discos! I challenge anyone to come up with a crisp that even comes close for its strong flavour. (Beef and mustard brannigans are not included) "

The salt and vinegar tescos crisps use to make my daughter cry. Bug she loved the taste so we just pissed ourselves laughing at her being thick by eating them while crying.

Golden times

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"Fair play with the space raiders but nobody remembers beef discos! I challenge anyone to come up with a crisp that even comes close for its strong flavour. (Beef and mustard brannigans are not included) "

The new Doritos flamin' hot tangy cheese. I like the chilli heatwave but fuck me the flamin hot tangy cheese nearly killed me had throw them away.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"When space raiders came out, they were multi coloured?

They also were super strong in flavour - especially the cheese ones."

Yes i think you can buy 4 different flavours but not multi coloured crisps. Pale yellow colour

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

"Fair play with the space raiders but nobody remembers beef discos! I challenge anyone to come up with a crisp that even comes close for its strong flavour. (Beef and mustard brannigans are not included)

The new Doritos flamin' hot tangy cheese. I like the chilli heatwave but fuck me the flamin hot tangy cheese nearly killed me had throw them away."

leave off! Did you try the roulette ones? Whoever dreamed up the recipe for those must have had a bad day!

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"Fair play with the space raiders but nobody remembers beef discos! I challenge anyone to come up with a crisp that even comes close for its strong flavour. (Beef and mustard brannigans are not included)

The new Doritos flamin' hot tangy cheese. I like the chilli heatwave but fuck me the flamin hot tangy cheese nearly killed me had throw them away.leave off! Did you try the roulette ones? Whoever dreamed up the recipe for those must have had a bad day! "

I daren't try them because one bad one would put me off the flavour for life.

The flamin' hot tangy cheese I tried to eat them since I don't like waste. Managed a few but my gums, tongue and lips still felt the tingle 2hrs later. As for flavour I couldn't tell if they were tangy cheesey over the loss of tastebuds and panting, drooling, eyes watering and nose running. The rest nearly a full pack went in the bin. If my dog was alive she'd have wolfed em down and asked for more. I don't know anyone who love the heat as much as her.

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

The new Doritos flamin' hot tangy cheese. I like the chilli heatwave but fuck me the flamin hot tangy cheese nearly killed me had throw them away.leave off! Did you try the roulette ones? Whoever dreamed up the recipe for those must have had a bad day!

The flamin' hot tangy cheese I tried to eat them since I don't like waste. Managed a few but my gums, tongue and lips still felt the tingle 2hrs later. As for flavour I couldn't tell if they were tangy cheesey over the loss of tastebuds and panting, drooling, eyes watering and nose running. The rest nearly a full pack went in the bin. If my dog was alive she'd have wolfed em down and asked for more. I don't know anyone who love the heat as much as her."

sounds like you don't do spicy? Not sure you'd like brannigans then. They are top billing! The mustard might bring a tear to the ole glass eye.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

The new Doritos flamin' hot tangy cheese. I like the chilli heatwave but fuck me the flamin hot tangy cheese nearly killed me had throw them away.leave off! Did you try the roulette ones? Whoever dreamed up the recipe for those must have had a bad day!

The flamin' hot tangy cheese I tried to eat them since I don't like waste. Managed a few but my gums, tongue and lips still felt the tingle 2hrs later. As for flavour I couldn't tell if they were tangy cheesey over the loss of tastebuds and panting, drooling, eyes watering and nose running. The rest nearly a full pack went in the bin. If my dog was alive she'd have wolfed em down and asked for more. I don't know anyone who love the heat as much as her. sounds like you don't do spicy? Not sure you'd like brannigans then. They are top billing! The mustard might bring a tear to the ole glass eye. "

One sniff of mustard makes my nasal hairs singe haha

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The flamin' hot tangy cheese I tried to eat them since I don't like waste. Managed a few but my gums, tongue and lips still felt the tingle 2hrs later. As for flavour I couldn't tell if they were tangy cheesey over the loss of tastebuds and panting, drooling, eyes watering and nose running. The rest nearly a full pack went in the bin. If my dog was alive she'd have wolfed em down and asked for more. I don't know anyone who love the heat as much as her. sounds like you don't do spicy? Not sure you'd like brannigans then. They are top billing! The mustard might bring a tear to the ole glass eye.

One sniff of mustard makes my nasal hairs singe haha "

Colmans mmmm

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

The flamin' hot tangy cheese I tried to eat them since I don't like waste. Managed a few but my gums, tongue and lips still felt the tingle 2hrs later. As for flavour I couldn't tell if they were tangy cheesey over the loss of tastebuds and panting, drooling, eyes watering and nose running. The rest nearly a full pack went in the bin. If my dog was alive she'd have wolfed em down and asked for more. I don't know anyone who love the heat as much as her. sounds like you don't do spicy? Not sure you'd like brannigans then. They are top billing! The mustard might bring a tear to the ole glass eye.

One sniff of mustard makes my nasal hairs singe haha "

oooo nothing like the smell of singeing nose hair in the morning!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

nope weirdly enough i don't really eat crisps and sweets or desserts, i liked tomb raider though that came out 2001

Post new Message to Thread