Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Avoid clubs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Avoid clubs, pubs, theatres and restaurants.

It's government advice Not a mandate.

Clubs etc are not being forced to closed.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Work from home if you can.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I hope not. we are off to chams in 2 weeks time

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

How about, avoid public transport? People jammed in tightly together, all breathing the same stale air = a recipe for disease.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was now looking for hand wash, none left on shelfs stores are empty wonder if this panic will have an end or not. On one hand it means people are preparing to stay home. On the other hand as if half of the population maybe are unfamiliar with personal hygiene

over a year ago

"I was now looking for hand wash, none left on shelfs stores are empty wonder if this panic will have an end or not. On one hand it means people are preparing to stay home. On the other hand as if half of the population maybe are unfamiliar with personal hygiene "

Some newsagents are selling them for 20 quid now

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Most of the supermarkets are still getting stock in, try shopping at random times of day/night

over a year ago

"How about, avoid public transport? People jammed in tightly together, all breathing the same stale air = a recipe for disease."

Hopefully a reduction due to people working from home and a reduction in social contacts.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Avoid clubs, pubs, theatres and restaurants.

Clubs etc are not being forced to closed. "

I personally don't intend to avoid pubs, clubs or restaurants unless I get sick or the government make them close. Pubs in particular were struggling before this happened and need all the support they can get.

Cal

over a year ago

"I was now looking for hand wash, none left on shelfs stores are empty wonder if this panic will have an end or not. On one hand it means people are preparing to stay home. On the other hand as if half of the population maybe are unfamiliar with personal hygiene

Some newsagents are selling them for 20 quid now "

Wow

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm taking stock. Not sure how I'll respond.

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

Tesco’s has queues at 6 am off ppl trying to get loo roll and hand soap got mine in poundland no rip off

over a year ago

I am torn. I am relatively low risk. I work in a service that is going to be in the centre of this for however long it goes on and will not be able to self isolate. So it's about balancing risk, I am acutely aware that my somewhat fragile mental health is going to take a hammering so I need some degree of normality. Fuck knows what I'm going to do tbh

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I personally don't intend to avoid pubs, clubs or restaurants unless I get sick or the government make them close. Pubs in particular were struggling before this happened and need all the support they can get.

Cal"

they are in a very awkward position.. i don't think any is going to want the backlash of "the venue that went against advice".....

I am sure the "request" is going to be clarified tomorrow... and will become an "order"

over a year ago

Cal"

Exactly, this is gonna be such a strain on our economy. Unless the government force them to close they can't claim on insurance.

over a year ago

I work in a restaurant and we're all shitting bricks.

I lost over a weeks rent in pay last week due to it being quiet and getting sent home early or having shifts cancelled.

It's like a fucking ghost town, all we're really doing is cleaning and sanitizing anything and everything.

I say ghost town, we probably had about 40 tables in today, but that was from breakfast til close and we closed early too.

P

over a year ago

"I work in a restaurant and we're all shitting bricks.

I lost over a weeks rent in pay last week due to it being quiet and getting sent home early or having shifts cancelled.

It's like a fucking ghost town, all we're really doing is cleaning and sanitizing anything and everything.

I say ghost town, we probably had about 40 tables in today, but that was from breakfast til close and we closed early too.

P"

I can imagine. what an awful situation. x

over a year ago

"I work in a restaurant and we're all shitting bricks.

P

I can imagine. what an awful situation. x"

Really is. Nobody knows what they're gonna do about wages if we are forced to close, and that's a real possibility.

I've been told ssp, I've also been told we'll have to use our holiday, answer is... no fucker knows.

P

Post new Message to Thread