FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have any dark haired ladies gone full blonde?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right I’ve had an absolute TIT FULL of grey hairs, they’re not even grey hairs they’re white and all wirey like pubes so they stick out everywhere.

Fed up of looking like a fucking wizard and having to dye my hair dark every 3 weeks, not to mention the cost.

Thinking do I just take the plunge and go to the salon and ask them to bleach the shit out of it and try going blonde.

Dunno if it would suit me though cos I’ve always been dark.

What to do!!??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oby le roneMan
over a year ago

Treorchy

Shave it

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

Grow old gracefully

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Noooooooo don't do it! You'll still have crazy maintenance for the blonde anyway and destroy your hair in the long run. Plus from what I can see you're supposed to be dark. Try a good colour conditioner from salon services between colourings, bit messy but works a treat.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've not and I don't think it'd suit me. I'm dyeing every time the grey/white clown hairs stop looking plausibly blondish, but basically the colour it already is.

The other day I saw that John Frieda do something like a brown blurring shampoo/conditioner, which might be worth looking into.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Grow old gracefully "

Fuck being grey in my fucking 30s

over a year ago

"Noooooooo don't do it! You'll still have crazy maintenance for the blonde anyway and destroy your hair in the long run. Plus from what I can see you're supposed to be dark. Try a good colour conditioner from salon services between colourings, bit messy but works a treat."

This

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

My daughter did this a number of years ago she said it was the worst thing she ever did, ended up having her hair cut short and having to let it grow out. Her hair was her pride and joy she did it at the suggestion of the twat she was going out with at the time.

over a year ago

You can probably get them to do multitonal colours....even a dark blonde would work. I had black hair then went blonde but was too flat a blonde so didn't suit me. Speak to your hairdresser, and see what they suggest. It can be done but maybe over a couple of sessions. Prepare to be red for a couple of weeks and it will seriously f up your hair. Then again I have green hair and it covers a hell of a lot haha xx

over a year ago

What about highlights? They'd blend the greys in without the effort of stripping and bleaching your whole head plus they'd be easier to upkeep, if you hate your roots now you'd hate them more if you went full blonde.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

And yeah, I think you're meant to be brunette, like me (but very different lol)

over a year ago

In the December of 2017 to September 2018 every 6 weeks I was having a full head of foils one session (blonde foils) then balayage the next session where she painted the bleach on. Was costing about £120 a pop with olaplex and all this bollocks, my hair barely changed colour. It’s impenetrable. Then In September 2018 I was fed up so did a brown box dye all over and undid all those months of work.

More recently been having my roots done to cover grey then blonde flashes, so like foils, but my hairs all weird brassy colours.

Tempted to get a short bob and just buy wigs.

over a year ago

I did this once. Jet black hair bleached to hell to get it blonde (was then going to be dyed pillar box red). Dark hair does not go blonde willingly. More an anaemic carrot orange. Not a good look and terrible for your head. So my opinion. Nah. Stick with dark.

By *ottielayWoman
over a year ago

by the bay

My friend went from dark to silver platinum and it looks really good

Also hides the re growth really well

over a year ago

I really like the blonde hair colour that’s got a hint of pink or rose gold to it but my hair wouldn’t get like it. Always had shit hair. Loads of it and thick but never looks nice like smart and done if you know what I mean.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Right I’ve had an absolute TIT FULL of grey hairs, they’re not even grey hairs they’re white and all wirey like pubes so they stick out everywhere.

Fed up of looking like a fucking wizard and having to dye my hair dark every 3 weeks, not to mention the cost.

Thinking do I just take the plunge and go to the salon and ask them to bleach the shit out of it and try going blonde.

Dunno if it would suit me though cos I’ve always been dark.

What to do!!??"

Yes, me! Did it last January for the same reason. Absolutely hated it for the first week, felt like I wasn't myself, cried, the whole bit. Now I love it, don't know why I've never gone blonde before! The growing out of grey is much less noticeable than it was when I was dying it brown.

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

That's the other thing, obviously it's quite a long slow process going dark to light healthily. Not the most pressing concern right now, but imagine you started now and got to that lovely orange Gimme Gimme Gimme shade that usually comes first and then couldn't get a hairdresser for months ! You'd come out the other end of it looking like a wee tequila sunrise . Can you tell I really don't want you to do it lol? X

over a year ago

I think you'd look lovely with lots of platinum blonde (but choose your hairdresser wisely!) I always presumed you were blonde until you showed otherwise (I remember your previous profile)

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I should say, it's full head blonde highlights so still dark underneath. Halfway house x

over a year ago

Nooo. It's far more expensive, and a lot more maintenance being blonde when you have dark hair. I'm so much happier being my natural (almost colour), plus when you go back to dark it takes ages as it has a green tinge unless you keep topping up the colour

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

How about turquoise, I've had a few compliments when I've dyed ma goatee that colour

Post new Message to Thread