Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holiday Cancellations

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is anybody due to be going away in the next couple of weeks? Are you still intending to go? Has the travel agent been in touch cancel or rebook? Are you worried about travelling during this current Corona virus outbreak? It's all a bit chaotic at the moment...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Not really but we where going to london for a week in april not going now and was going to irael in october but holding off booking it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

*Israel*

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I have a week booked with my lad in two weeks time. Will have to see what happens at home, but we have every intention of going unless it’s cancelled by the organisers

By *ottielayWoman
over a year ago

by the bay

I have something booked within the uk and hopefully I’ll still be going

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Glasgow in 2 weeks then Manchester the month after all being well. As long as the flights are on or there's not lockdown in place then I'll be going

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Glasgow in 2 weeks then Manchester the month after all being well. As long as the flights are on or there's not lockdown in place then I'll be going "

Likewise Birmingham and then Manchester, unless a lockdown comes in which I personally can’t see happening

over a year ago

Supposed to be going to morrocco in may. Accommodation can be cancelled so only looking at losing on flights if we cant go but to be honest if in 8 weeks time this is still going on then I think there will be more to worry about than the loss of a couple of hundred quid. Other than that not away till September by which point we'll all be well and truly fucked if restrictions are still in place

over a year ago

I have a trip to centerparks in june, crossing everything it has died down or a vaccine is around by then, as I am taking my kids and letting kids down is never nice

over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 15/03/20 18:55:21]

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I have a trip to centerparks in june, crossing everything it has died down or a vaccine is around by then, as I am taking my kids and letting kids down is never nice"

I’ve had to have that conversation with my lad and warn him CP might not happen in a couple of weeks or our two weeks away in July. All we can do is play it be ear. It’s heartbreaking

over a year ago

"I have a trip to centerparks in june, crossing everything it has died down or a vaccine is around by then, as I am taking my kids and letting kids down is never nice

I’ve had to have that conversation with my lad and warn him CP might not happen in a couple of weeks or our two weeks away in July. All we can do is play it be ear. It’s heartbreaking "

Centerparks are offering a change of dates for free, but its a tough one when you dont know when will be ok x

over a year ago

I should have gone to Amsterdam Friday and came home at 16:40 this afternoon. Both myself and my other friend who also has a child decided that it was best not to go. The hotel has refunded us but not the flights.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’ve cancelled my Italy holiday - it will be at least 6 months before it’s even clear in Europe - it’s not worth the risk

** there will be NO VACCINE available for at least 12 months - it needs to go through stringent testing BEFORE it can be considered for human use. Especially on a mass scale **

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I have a trip to centerparks in june, crossing everything it has died down or a vaccine is around by then, as I am taking my kids and letting kids down is never nice

I’ve had to have that conversation with my lad and warn him CP might not happen in a couple of weeks or our two weeks away in July. All we can do is play it be ear. It’s heartbreaking

Centerparks are offering a change of dates for free, but its a tough one when you dont know when will be ok x"

I haven’t heard from CP was going to contact them when home at end of the week

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I was due two weeks in Minorca in early May bumbling round a villa on my tod, maybe things will have improved by then, if not, well sobeit, no one to blame. Tis life

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

We were due to go to Prague but we are not allowed to fly anymore. Absolutely gutted as it was for my 30th that we never got round to going on.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We've cancelled booking a hol! Was about to book for Spain but holding off now. Work has stated they will be flexible with leave requests, so going to ask for the time off and either book something last minute or scrap the leave till later in the year.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I wanted to go to Naples/Sorrento area in July. I’m hoping that could still be on.

I was due to go to Singapore but cancelled that because of Corona. Switching to perhaps Mexico when I get the word as to how long I can work from home.

I will go mad without Vit D

over a year ago

I’m going to ourgate

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Vienna in early June- holding off cancelling for now luckily it’s free cancelable hotels and 80 quid flight which could be moved I suppose

So not to worried

By *istressZoeTV/TS
over a year ago

cheshire

Bali at Easter

Think it’s a no go x

Haven’t heard from the airline yet x

Imagine the situation will become clear as the days go on x

over a year ago

Was taking kids to Disneyland Paris but not anymore cancelled on Friday. Also trip to Spain mot looking too promising at the moment

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Vienna in early June- holding off cancelling for now luckily it’s free cancelable hotels and 80 quid flight which could be moved I suppose

So not to worried "

there couldn't be a tournament more designed to spread this virus better than Euro 2020........

hey lets people from 24 countries just wander all across europe....

not happening.... trust me!!

By *ecks74Woman
over a year ago

wrexham

Thailand in 12 days. So far I’m going x

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Holiday to Gran Canaria cancelled for 4th April and not to sure what will happen by my next holiday mid June

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I'm hoping mine will go ahead as it's not until August.

What are the odds of the same holiday being cancelled by Thomas cook going out of business and then after rebooking with Virgin a world wide virus cancelling it

As with the TC situation, I'm fully covered by insurance and I have all the atol paperwork etc.

over a year ago

"I'm hoping mine will go ahead as it's not until August.

What are the odds of the same holiday being cancelled by Thomas cook going out of business and then after rebooking with Virgin a world wide virus cancelling it

As with the TC situation, I'm fully covered by insurance and I have all the atol paperwork etc. "

See I’d have to cancel it altogether and think fate is trying to tell me not to go, but I’m suspicious as fuck!

over a year ago

Holiday in Wales in two weeks. Think we're still on.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Vienna in early June- holding off cancelling for now luckily it’s free cancelable hotels and 80 quid flight which could be moved I suppose

So not to worried

there couldn't be a tournament more designed to spread this virus better than Euro 2020........

hey lets people from 24 countries just wander all across europe....

not happening.... trust me!!"

We have said the same with friends in England group chats. We all are aware I think realistically we are thinking when it will be rescheduled

over a year ago

Booked for Rome on 9 April

so far all flights cancelled until 8 April. hoping its extended then i can rearrange or be refund

Turkey in August booked too

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

Fuerteventura holiday next week cancelled, b*dstards!

By *edVelveteenCouple
over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

Australia in April. Need to go as I live here now and have loose ends to tie up. Can't wait until next year's annual leave.

over a year ago

I have nothing booked abroad this year so far.

I'm meant to be in York in 10 days with beast to celebrate his birthday, I'm really hope it can go ahead or I'm not sure when we will see each other and I had planned so much for it.

Then mid may Manchester, end of may Cornwall. Here's hoping

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I'm in York this weekend, and meant to be London ish areas in July. I always book the free cancellation option at hotels so I'll be disappointed but OK if I need to rearrange.

By *antzMan
over a year ago

alton

going on a stag do to ibiza in june, had an email this week saying we'd get all our money back if it gets cancelled, I'm sure it will be fine in central Europe by then, but some "experts" are saying it won't hit Britain hard till june, so I don't see any country letting us fly into them any time soon

over a year ago

Cruise in 3 weeks time cancelled not sure about our holiday to bulgaria in June wait and see

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"I'm hoping mine will go ahead as it's not until August.

As with the TC situation, I'm fully covered by insurance and I have all the atol paperwork etc.

See I’d have to cancel it altogether and think fate is trying to tell me not to go, but I’m suspicious as fuck! "

One of my best friends actually said to me, if it gets cancelled again, to leave the funds in my bank account because the universe is telling me something!

We always go away for August. We need the sun and down time but watch this space

By *ooskiMan
over a year ago

south coast

Was due to be in Tignes skiing however decided on Friday not to set off (drive) as french goverment were deliberating....

Glad i didnt as colleagues flew out yesterday....arrived in resort last night and put on coaches this evening to be driven back.....

over a year ago

My kids are going to Dubai in may with their dad, don’t know what will happen there. My daughter is due to go to salou with the school in July, which I haven’t fully paid yet and school are saying keep on paying as it’s not until July , but £700 is a lot of money for me to loose.

By *elly72Woman
over a year ago

glasgow

Florida beginning of may Benidorm in July don’t see any foreign travel happening for months though this is going to last a while

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Greece in May unsure.

My son's footie tournament weekend first week in May .. at the moment it's grass roots organisation discretion whether they go ahead, but as lots of teams nationally are involved I'm not sure it will. Oh well!

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Supposed to go snowboarding in a week but the resorts closing.

By *itonmyfacebookMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Centerparks are offering a change of dates for free, but its a tough one when you dont know when will be ok x"

There have been a few other threads about Butlins recently. Is it still business as usual there? Was thinking about going with the kids in the big hols.

over a year ago

Berlin in April, but we’re not risking it. Just hoping it gets locked down so we can get our money back x

over a year ago

I’m due to go to Vietnam in May but can’t claim insurance yet as it’s only imminent trips that they are dealing with

By *evilmademedoitMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

We’re booked for Jamaica in May, they have banned all flights from the UK, so really not sure what’s going to happen.

By *hedevilKTWoman
over a year ago

milton keynes

Meant to go Edinburgh June and Liverpool and Manchester in July

over a year ago

Just had a e mail our cruise going in 2 weeks is cancelled

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I don't think the risk of travelling is necessarily any higher than staying local. The issue us more whether the operators will honour departures and whether countries will accept visitors from the UK.

Last week, there was a two week departure window. Today this has changed to 48-hours.

If you're flexible, it could work in your favour as some are offering desks to transfer to a later date rather than cancel.

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

*offering deals

over a year ago

"Thailand in 12 days. So far I’m going x"

Dont forget your medical certificate to say you are corona free...of you will not even get on the departure plane. Then you will have to have a app on your phone to use every day while there,or report to a medical centre each day to be tested...

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

We were meant to be going to goa next week but looking very unlikely, unfortunately

over a year ago

I've decided to cancel my cruise and my trip to Prague is cancelled. It's so upsetting and I'm losing a lot of money but I would rather not risk it for the sake of enjoyment. I'll spoil myself with a great big Easter Egg

over a year ago

We had no choice was cancelled by the cruise operator

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

My cruise with NCL on 27 March has been cancelled. Full refund or 125% credit note to use by end of 2022.

over a year ago

"Not really but we where going to london for a week in april not going now and was going to irael in october but holding off booking it"

On the new Virgin route ? We’ve cancelled our upcoming flight there. In fact across this month and the next two months we’ve had to cancel 3 long haul trips

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Sad times for everyone. I work hard and was so lookinh forward to my Poland break but doubt now it will happen.

over a year ago

Supposed to be going to Amsterdam on 26th March, can't see it happening now.

By *azandCazCouple
over a year ago

Warrington

Our holiday to Tenerife is still going ahead at the moment. Due to fly April 15th. Just have to wait it out and see what happens in the next 2 weeks or so I guess.

over a year ago

Hoping things settled by June. Paid for my lil one to go with my parents and brother to Florida, as have family over there and I can’t go because of my other daughters disability. It’s an extra surprise pressie for her birthday and she’s going to see the Star Wars stuff at Disney, so really hope she can go.

Holiday insurance in place anyway, but fingers crossed x

Viv x

By *istressZoeTV/TS
over a year ago

cheshire

"Thailand in 12 days. So far I’m going x"

Is it a direct flight x my Bali flight was via Germany so it’s cancelled x

over a year ago

"Thailand in 12 days. So far I’m going x

Is it a direct flight x my Bali flight was via Germany so it’s cancelled x"

You won’t get back though

over a year ago

"Our holiday to Tenerife is still going ahead at the moment. Due to fly April 15th. Just have to wait it out and see what happens in the next 2 weeks or so I guess.

"

You won’t be going. My advice would be wait until they cancel then you will be refunded

By *azandCazCouple
over a year ago

Warrington

"Our holiday to Tenerife is still going ahead at the moment. Due to fly April 15th. Just have to wait it out and see what happens in the next 2 weeks or so I guess.

You won’t be going. My advice would be wait until they cancel then you will be refunded "

Yeah that’s what we are doing. Even the company we’ve booked with said the same thing

By *itonmyfacebookMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Hope as many of you as possible get your money back.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

This is going to keep rattling around the world until an effective vaccine is developed. Things might come a bit more normal within countries in a few months, but travel for foreign holidays is fucked until at least the end of the year. The only people going anywhere will be doing it for vital work purposes, and they are going to be held in quarantine every time they cross a country border. You remember how hard it used to be to take a dog to france and bring it back? That's going to be people.

Most of the airlines are going to go bust anyway. Sitting in a tin can in the air, squeezed up with 200 other people, breathing each others air for hours? It's a thing of the past folks.

over a year ago

"I have a trip to centerparks in june, crossing everything it has died down or a vaccine is around by then, as I am taking my kids and letting kids down is never nice"

I’m supposed to be going to Longleat CP’s on 27th March. 8 of us going for a surprise 40th birthday celebration.

I’ve been quite confident that it’ll go ahead until today’s latest developments but I’m not so sure now

over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m supposed to be going to Longleat CP’s on 27th March. 8 of us going for a surprise 40th birthday celebration.

I’ve been quite confident that it’ll go ahead until today’s latest developments but I’m not so sure now "

CP going to make an announcement by 17 March on its website following the proposals made today. Not much we can do until that comes out

By *ndiscloseddesiresWoman
over a year ago

Wokingham

We were supposed to be going to Euricamp in the South of France for Easter. No word from Eurocamp yet, but given Euro borders will be closed I'm sure we'll hear soon enough.

We also were supposed to do a cruise from Venice, spoken to the company and can swap to any other cruise in th next 2 years so I'm happy with that.

over a year ago

I’ve been quite confident that it’ll go ahead until today’s latest developments but I’m not so sure now

CP going to make an announcement by 17 March on its website following the proposals made today. Not much we can do until that comes out "

Well that does not sound good, as it is a "public gathering" spot

over a year ago

On a mooch

"My cruise with NCL on 27 March has been cancelled. Full refund or 125% credit note to use by end of 2022. "

That’s a fabulous time scale to rebook

over a year ago

"Cruise in 3 weeks time cancelled not sure about our holiday to bulgaria in June wait and see"

When and where in Bulgaria? Family holiday booked for June 1st to Nessebar currently still on but I have my doubts it will go ahead

over a year ago

On a mooch

CP going to make an announcement by 17 March on its website following the proposals made today. Not much we can do until that comes out

Well that does not sound good, as it is a "public gathering" spot "

It is but let’s see what they say. Can’t cancel myself or else will lose money, have to wait for the official we are closed or what the restrictions are

over a year ago

Well that does not sound good, as it is a "public gathering" spot

It is but let’s see what they say. Can’t cancel myself or else will lose money, have to wait for the official we are closed or what the restrictions are "

Yes just wait until they cancel. Then you will be refunded

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Tenerife... June.

Well that will be off.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"My cruise with NCL on 27 March has been cancelled. Full refund or 125% credit note to use by end of 2022.

That’s a fabulous time scale to rebook "

Yes. Very generous of them. I will take that option.

By *andy cane321Couple
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Spain for Easter holiday's, just wait till flights are cancelled for that date then get a refund

over a year ago

We were due to hit the Costa first week of April. We haven't cancelled but knew a couple of weeks ago we wouldn't be going. We have put it down to bad luck, written the cost off and have put our other holidays later in the year on hold too. We will just save up what we would of spent and maybe treat ourselves to a once in a lifetime holiday in a couple of years when the world is back to normal.

By *andy cane321Couple
over a year ago

Aylesbury

How long can they keep a country on lockdown before it ruins its economy? Spain relies on tourism, maybe it will lift for easter? Just a theory but if not its no big deal

over a year ago

"How long can they keep a country on lockdown before it ruins its economy? Spain relies on tourism, maybe it will lift for easter? Just a theory but if not its no big deal "

To be fair I didnt think China would peak and resume normal business as quickly as they have. I think easter is too soon to be saved but August/September is a real possibility.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I’m told it’s going to be hard work getting a refund from Ryanair

Has anyone had to deal with them yet

Xxx

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m going Vegas in Sept .... Trumpy best let us in !!!

Post new Message to Thread