Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are you prepared...

Jump to newest

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Practically and mentally to get Corona ? Seems 60-80% of us will get it.

To possibility lose an old/sick person who is close ? Small chance but a possibility.

We have stocked up on tomato soup, frozen yoghurt, frozen fruit , lots of clean sheets and pyjamas.

What are people doing to prepare ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm going about my day as I normally would. My shopping is muh the sesame as normal and I'm not worried about any of it!

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We haven't done anything different. We will buy as and when we need things and will continue to work unless we get Corona. My husband will still have to do his job regardless.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I bought some water and here's why.

When I get the virus.... I'll take to my bed obvs.

I'll sweat obvs.

I will want water obvs......

Loads of it till my temp goes down.

One thing I WONT need is a cupboard/freezer full of food that I won't want.

When I feel it it subsiding and I need sustenance, I'll start with a cuppa soup or a miso and it'll take a week or so to build up.

My body will let me know what it wants as the days go by.

Happy fucking eating unwanted food for weeks suckers !!

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I bought some water and here's why.

I'll sweat obvs.

When I feel it it subsiding and I need sustenance, I'll start with a cuppa soup or a miso and it'll take a week or so to build up.

Happy fucking eating unwanted food for weeks suckers !!"

Do you not have water from a tap?

over a year ago

I’m carrying on as normal

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

PLUS...... once my bottled water sees me through the 'bad' days, I'll fill them with tap water for the 'not so bad' days.

The shoppers have literally done my head in. Selfish pricks.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'll sweat obvs.

Happy fucking eating unwanted food for weeks suckers !!

Do you not have water from a tap?"

See above.

I wanted a couple ready and sealed for if I go down. After that it's tap.

over a year ago

It's very interesting to see the very different ways our countries are reacting to this virus... We are waiting on news that bars and restaurants are going to close, many are doing so already...I'm unable to work due to having no childcare.

over a year ago

Nothing. I'm lucky to be reasonably healthy so I figure it'll just be like catching any other bugs that go around, I don't prepare for those either.

I always have a few tins/dry food in and bits and bobs in my freezer I can use up if I need to self isolate, it's only a week.

over a year ago

I didnt know yogurt could freeze? Where do you get it? Or do you mean the ice cream type of stuff?

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Practically and mentally to get Corona ? Seems 60-80% of us will get it.

To possibility lose an old/sick person who is close ? Small chance but a possibility.

We have stocked up on tomato soup, frozen yoghurt, frozen fruit , lots of clean sheets and pyjamas.

"

I advise people to just buy enough to cover themselves for 2 weeks if they live on their own and haven't got a strong support network. DON'T STOCKPILE... I haven't got toilet roll or anti bac cleaner for the last two weeks. Having to use alternatives because some people out there being selfish and stock piling up their garages with toilet roll. People on low incomes can't do that. Now supermarket are rationing supplies when they get it in but i still can't get it because I'm always working, by the time i get to the supermarket, it's all gone.

I also made sure i got paracetamol and ibuprofen if i do fall ill with the virus.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

60-80% of us most definately won’t get it

In the epicentre in wuhan, a city of 11 million people, did 8 million get it? No

And no, I’m not one of those selfish , irresponsible people panic buying and stockpiling

over a year ago

Not really.

I'm currently not doing anything different.

What will be will be

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

I'll sweat obvs.

Happy fucking eating unwanted food for weeks suckers !!"

Last thing you want is loads of food when you have a fever.

By *eonnieCouple
over a year ago

Worsley

I haven't stockpiled anything, even if everything suts down food retailers will remain open (as they have in every other country).

I'm working from home since my employer gave me the option to and I have underlying health conditions and many hospital appointments coming up. I don't want to be turned away from hospital because I am not well.

Other than that it's business as usual..

over a year ago

Im not worried about myself getting it as im fairly healthy if a little overweight but my wife on the other hand has several health issues, one of which means she has a very low immune system.

I might just lock her away till this all passes

over a year ago

I haven’t panic bought anything. I fully believe that being prepared for events like this is a good idea but flapping like fuck and buying items that won’t really help you much in the long run isn’t the way forward. It escalates panic and makes people do stupid things, people feel fear that’s disproportionate to the threat and that only makes things worse.

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’d really rather not think about it. We lost my dad just over a year ago to sepsis. My mum has a compromised immune system as it is. Not sure I could rebuild if she went too.

I haven’t stock piled anything though because I’m not remotely worried for my own health as I’m low risk and fairly robust.

over a year ago

"

Sticking my head in the sand, arse up, hoping no one I know dies.

over a year ago

"

I'm not prepared for that but I'm prepared for life life goes on

By *ptimus758Man
over a year ago

brentwood

"I haven’t panic bought anything. I fully believe that being prepared for events like this is a good idea but flapping like fuck and buying items that won’t really help you much in the long run isn’t the way forward. It escalates panic and makes people do stupid things, people feel fear that’s disproportionate to the threat and that only makes things worse."

I have prepared without hopefully becoming part of the problem, I've just stocked up my freezer with stuff that I would normally buy, not with loads of stuff that I never buy, I haven't gone mad buying so much food that I could feed an army, the problem is is now people are having to buy to prepare because of the people who have been panic buying

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm generally buying less of everything as I hate shopping and have no desire to stockpile.

My priority is elderly relatives, who I'm giving older spare stuff to.

I'm not prepared for deaths, having already had a recent death and not wanting another.

I'll face shortages of stuff as it happens.

over a year ago

"

Nothing, it's people like you causing all the panic! It's not zombie apocalypse ffs.

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I wasn’t suggesting panic buying but you should prepare and have the kinds of food you like to eat when ill- i certainly won’t be eating pasta and skim milk when I have a raging temperature!

I haven’t had a cough or cold in many years as I take high dose VitC each day and look after my immune system but this virus is currently much more contagious than normal bugs and the expert opinions says 60-80% of the UK will get it

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

I've got a few tins of things and some packets of microwave rice. I've always got a bag of ready to cook rice and pasta and my freezer is always stocked anyways. The only thing I can't get is hand gel. As for toilet rolls there's always plenty so haven't needed to buy extra just my normal amount. I'm in the at risk category so I'm just being careful about being around people. I'll try to stay away and I'll walk the extra distance to avoid someone.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Yes we've made some preparations and we should be OK.

However I'm really struggling with one thing.

I used to cough to disguise a fart but trying to fart to disguise a cough is driving me crazy.

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Nothing, it's people like you causing all the panic! It's not zombie apocalypse ffs. "

People like me ? Explain

Do you not have a medical kit ? Do you wait until you cut your finger then go out and buy plasters ?

You obviously weren’t a Cub Scout

over a year ago

To all the panic buyers. You are all selfish wankers.

There is a condition called ARFID which, if a child has sensory issues, can be severe meaning they have a extremely reduced diet.

They will starve rather than eat something else.

For instance, a child may only eat red grapes, tri colour pasta, sweetcorn, a set cereal and rely on specific vitamins. When you do your weekly shop and none of that is available you know you only have 1 weeks back up before their health could be affected and they stop eating.

Well done panic buyers, a child may starve and be forced into hospital but you will have a cupboard full of food you don't need.

I will apologise for calling you wankers. You are in fact all cunts!

over a year ago

"I'm going about my day as I normally would. My shopping is muh the sesame as normal and I'm not worried about any of it! "

Same here

over a year ago

"To all the panic buyers. You are all selfish wankers.

There is a condition called ARFID which, if a child has sensory issues, can be severe meaning they have a extremely reduced diet.

They will starve rather than eat something else.

For instance, a child may only eat red grapes, tri colour pasta, sweetcorn, a set cereal and rely on specific vitamins. When you do your weekly shop and none of that is available you know you only have 1 weeks back up before their health could be affected and they stop eating.

Well done panic buyers, a child may starve and be forced into hospital but you will have a cupboard full of food you don't need.

I will apologise for calling you wankers. You are in fact all cunts!"

really jeez its going to affect you and i and 80% of population it won't be over ever probably, people get scared some people are scared of life, some people have the money and space to store things in bulk some don't, some are selfish, some are abusive and some don't see the bigger picture, you can't predict always who will be vulnerable but surely as we are likely to contract it its better to get it now than later and avoid those in our families and friends who might be considered vulnerable, these people should of course stay isolated but in order for them to stay isolated somebody still has to supply them, life goes on you can't stop people over reacting you just have yourself

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I'll say it again something does not add up

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Thankfully I can work from home. I won't go to any gigs or footie matches. Will just go to supermarket for normal weekly shop.

By *hesexpeopleCouple
over a year ago

s wales

We did our usual weekly shop but I did buy 2 packs of super noodles and 2 extra tins of beans just incase. Iam very worried about it all but Just Eat is still up and running so we can survive off that at the moment if needs be.

over a year ago

"I'll say it again something does not add up "
3÷4

over a year ago

"I'll say it again something does not add up "
A broken Calculator

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Yes we've made some preparations and we should be OK.

However I'm really struggling with one thing.

I used to cough to disguise a fart but trying to fart to disguise a cough is driving me crazy. "

Hahaahahaha brilliant!

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

I'm a single mum and have a medically suppressed immune system due to my body attacking my own spine and trying to fuse the damn thing. I have stocked up yes. Because I'm aware that it's probable I will get this. And i need to be able to carry on caring for my kids regardless

Even if either the virus or my spine problem stops me physically being able to get out to the shops

So judge all you want. I've bought what i need to enable us to get by for a week if I can't leave the house.

Enough with the posts trying to guilt trip those who chose to plan for the worst. When you have children to think of being practical sometimes goes before nice.

over a year ago

"I'm a single mum and have a medically suppressed immune system due to my body attacking my own spine and trying to fuse the damn thing. I have stocked up yes. Because I'm aware that it's probable I will get this. And i need to be able to carry on caring for my kids regardless

Even if either the virus or my spine problem stops me physically being able to get out to the shops

So judge all you want. I've bought what i need to enable us to get by for a week if I can't leave the house.

Enough with the posts trying to guilt trip those who chose to plan for the worst. When you have children to think of being practical sometimes goes before nice. "

I agree. Calling them names isn’t going to stop people who panic buy ridiculous things.

I’m prepared yes. I have enough food etc for about 6 weeks. I always do a big online monthly shop anyway so not too much different to normal for me. Yes I did buy extra of most things but I don’t call that panic buying. I have made sure that my family and my parents are well stocked up. If that makes me selfish then so be it.

Post new Message to Thread