Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Calling other single guys

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So now on fabs as a single guy after being a couple previously , as we all know the ratio of women to men is huge on here , I was wondering are the likes of tinder , pof etc more successful for single guys ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

With Tinder if you live in a busy area, it's good, if you live in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't recommend it.. POF is similar to here, but obviously very vanilla in comparison but I've known people to have success on POF with dates not sure what it's like for older types, but I would of thought it's good x]]]

over a year ago

If you're actually a single guy looking for a single woman, OKCupid is great for quality and Tinder is great for quantity.

Both are better than here IMO for specifically single people seeking other single people.

I think PoF is for the kind of people that also used Friends Reunited back in the day

over a year ago

Don't go on PoF ..

Its where old swingers go to live out their retirement

over a year ago

I had no joy with Tinder... And when I went on PoF one of the first people I found was the ex wife... So steered clear after that!

I was warned off the likes of Adult Friend Finder as they are just a con. Much happier with Fab, though yeah I'm not sure who the discrepancy between men and women is more irritating for- the men trying to get noticed or the women sifting through hundreds of messages!

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

No luck on any of them

So don't ask me ha

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Lots of single guys have success on here

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Lots of single guys have success on here "

*brushes off my faf messages.....

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I find and it has just been proved tonight to me, men have NO regard to safety where single females need and expect to be!

They want to meet now! No getting to know you, No face pics, we're just a sex object!

They just want to meet and fuck now, change your fucking attitudes and you just might, and I mean might! You might just get there. it is all down to YOU!

over a year ago

I don't think op was having a whine tbh

over a year ago

No luck anywhere...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I find and it has just been proved tonight to me, men have NO regard to safety where single females need and expect to be!

They want to meet now! No getting to know you, No face pics, we're just a sex object!

They just want to meet and fuck now, change your fucking attitudes and you just might, and I mean might! You might just get there. it is all down to YOU! "

This gets my vote for rant of the night

over a year ago

"I find and it has just been proved tonight to me, men have NO regard to safety where single females need and expect to be!

They just want to meet and fuck now, change your fucking attitudes and you just might, and I mean might! You might just get there. it is all down to YOU!

This gets my vote for rant of the night "

The problem with men is that they have achieved the singularity.

over a year ago

I get a lot of messages like this, and every single one like that gets flat out ignored, would they approach a girl/woman like that on the street or in public places? Probably not, it's all because they're on a keyboard ^.^ And I agree so disrespectful and those types won't get anywhere with anyone I know that x

over a year ago

Lol no definitely not having a whine , as a couple we met some great single guys and also were pestered by some terrible ones.

As always genuine guys get the flack caused by the bad ones.

Not all ladies want to be part of the swinging scene but perhaps like the nsa scene ?

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

They just want to meet and fuck now, change your fucking attitudes and you just might, and I mean might! You might just get there. it is all down to YOU! "

I'll thank you not to tar us all with the same 'wanna-fuck-now?' brush.

over a year ago

"I had no joy with Tinder... And when I went on PoF one of the first people I found was the ex wife... So steered clear after that!

I was warned off the likes of Adult Friend Finder as they are just a con. Much happier with Fab, though yeah I'm not sure who the discrepancy between men and women is more irritating for- the men trying to get noticed or the women sifting through hundreds of messages! "

Was she the ex wife before you joined lol

That would be just my luck as well

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

This gets my vote for rant of the night "

It wasn't a rant to be fair, when I pointed out he had to consider his own safety measures, I think he started to consider them!

over a year ago

I met someone from POF almost as soon as I joined. And I found it easier to get chat's with women on tinder compared to this site.

I havent used either of them for ages. I heard about fab through tinder and I've been here ever since with very little success.

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I've found women are more proactive on the other named sites, but that aside I've had success on them all.

It's all down to approach and treating ladies like ladies.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I used Tinder and Bumble for about a year and had absolutely zero success with it. Not one date... maybe it's me

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Best approach with the dating apps is to use them all in my experience. Take the time to develop your profile on each and to be original and interesting with every girl you interact with, and after a while you’ll reap the rewards.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The local bar. Seriously

over a year ago

I (Starlord) was on Tinder & POF I had lots of success on both, plenty of contact with women of all different ages had a few dates and I met Willow on POF, when we started getting serious she suggested swinging which has opened up this world to me.

I agree with the poster that said a lot of guys don't do themselves any favours with how they approach to start off with, as any single women on any of those sites will have their inboxes bulging with 'hey' messages, I would always start with something different, something to get noticed and strike up a conversation that way, always had lots of success that way

over a year ago

Not all men are made unequal...

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

I don’t lol

over a year ago

I imagine most of them are the guys who attend organised social events and swinging clubs.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Not in my experience, it's just luck at the end of the day.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

I chatted to my favourite forumite on here and it turned out there was a mutual attraction. Neither of us have looked back since, so it’s all down to chance

over a year ago

Hinge is also a good one for quality, not sure how guys find it but I’ve matched with similar people a lot easier there!

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

Tinder is hit and miss. Out of all the sites it's the one with the most algorithms affecting who does and doesn't see you. If you've had the account a while or swiped right on too many profiles it treats you like a second class citizen even if you pay.

I've had a couple of dates with Bumble but only after I paid for a month's subscription as otherwise if you match with someone it times out in 24 hours so it's quite likely they won't see or have time to message you otherwise. I cancelled immediately though, because it's expensive.

Both will also try and sting you for further microtransactions even if you've got a paid subscription, which is poor form IMO.

I've heard a lot of people rate Hinge but so far in my area it doesn't seem to be very well used. I've not had much luck with it yet but it clearly has potential.

OKCupid - used to be a lot better. I met my ex there back in 2012 and dated a decent handful of women from the site in the preceeding years. However the site has been reworked and now feels like two different apps in one. If you use the classic search function, it only gives you low-quality matches. You only have one shot at an opening message and then the profile you mail vanishes for ever until the recipient responds. If you use the new 'Double Take' feature, it shows you better local matches, so obviously the 'classic' search is either deliberately gimped or broken, however - it also doesn't seem to take your age or location filters into account so you also see a lot of junk profiles. The other result of this is you end up getting matches from all over the world, which whilst nice, just makes you feel like there's nobody local for you.

POF, I've not had much luck with at all. I haven't seen anyone I'm even interested to message on there in ages. Plus the app itself is quite clunky and not user-friendly.

over a year ago

"Tinder is hit and miss. Out of all the sites it's the one with the most algorithms affecting who does and doesn't see you. If you've had the account a while or swiped right on too many profiles it treats you like a second class citizen even if you pay.

I've had a couple of dates with Bumble but only after I paid for a month's subscription as otherwise if you match with someone it times out in 24 hours so it's quite likely they won't see or have time to message you otherwise. I cancelled immediately though, because it's expensive.

Both will also try and sting you for further microtransactions even if you've got a paid subscription, which is poor form IMO.

I've heard a lot of people rate Hinge but so far in my area it doesn't seem to be very well used. I've not had much luck with it yet but it clearly has potential.

OKCupid - used to be a lot better. I met my ex there back in 2012 and dated a decent handful of women from the site in the preceeding years. However the site has been reworked and now feels like two different apps in one. If you use the classic search function, it only gives you low-quality matches. You only have one shot at an opening message and then the profile you mail vanishes for ever until the recipient responds. If you use the new 'Double Take' feature, it shows you better local matches, so obviously the 'classic' search is either deliberately gimped or broken, however - it also doesn't seem to take your age or location filters into account so you also see a lot of junk profiles. The other result of this is you end up getting matches from all over the world, which whilst nice, just makes you feel like there's nobody local for you.

POF, I've not had much luck with at all. I haven't seen anyone I'm even interested to message on there in ages. Plus the app itself is quite clunky and not user-friendly. "

Thanks for the info

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've just had a run of guys who can barely manage answering a questiom, it's purely about coming around, immediate sex and near 100% no elements of compatibility checking, social engagement etc

By *man79Man
over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

I’ve completed tinder and POF. And graduated to Fab

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I've tried pof, match and here all a complete waste of time if you're looking for something more than a quick one night shag.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Tried pof, great for short term flings and one night stands but people have so much choice and I think they get a bit addicted to the thrill and the dates that everyone just ends up short term.

I was on there, left, came back and loads of women were still on there from the last time!!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I've tried pof, match and here all a complete waste of time if you're looking for something more than a quick one night shag.

"

*rushes off to buy a plot of land in Bristol/Exeter/Plymouth xxx

over a year ago

"I've tried pof, match and here all a complete waste of time if you're looking for something more than a quick one night shag.

"

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

exactly

over a year ago

"So now on fabs as a single guy after being a couple previously , as we all know the ratio of women to men is huge on here , I was wondering are the likes of tinder , pof etc more successful for single guys ? "
you're going to have your best success here

over a year ago

some are just too locked down and difficult to get past the criteria theyve set up to meet, so as a result haven't achieved anything, to find what you need in this life you have to occasionally look outside the box

over a year ago

"

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"

Any men who ignores requests to meet safely deserve tarring with the same brush because you are one of them guys.

The same guys who think they are the exception, the "nice guy" who swears they will offer a good time or a social chat even at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Single guys do themselves no favours.

Empathise, put yourself in the woman's position. What would you say to a female relative that is deciding to meet a guy who says let's fuck/meet now that they've never met before?

Be the actual nice guy and support a woman's decision to meet safely trust is earned not a given.

If a woman is looking to meet don't take offence if she doesn't want to meet you. Being local or the fact a woman is looking for sex doesn't mean she's going spread her legs to anyone who offers. Many of you guys seem to think that's what fab is about.

So many single guys don't understand the life of a woman. When we go out clubbing it's a different experience, just the same when it comes to meeting guys for sex. It's a completely different world for guys as it is for women. THINK with your head not your cock.

Don't want to be tarred with the same brush then be the kind of guy that respects women and their choices.

You're a fuckwit if you demand to meet now, insist on private meeting when the woman wants public meet. Demanding pics, vids and meets. When all you obsess about is getting your cock sucked or ramming it in her ass. Objectifying women is an obnoxious way to treat a woman or anyone for that matter.

When you get the horn control your behaviour and attitude! Self control!

When you can master that I'd say you'd do well being a single guy on here.

Don't be like the majority.

over a year ago

I should be on a dating site instead of here. Had a guy say to me in the past he wished he met me on tinder instead of here like me being on tinder made me date worthy but on here I’m not

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I should be on a dating site instead of here. Had a guy say to me in the past he wished he met me on tinder instead of here like me being on tinder made me date worthy but on here I’m not "

Haha back handed compliment?

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

"I should be on a dating site instead of here. Had a guy say to me in the past he wished he met me on tinder instead of here like me being on tinder made me date worthy but on here I’m not

Haha back handed compliment? "

More like a lucky escape for her. Hypocrisy from the man on both!

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

"Lol no definitely not having a whine , as a couple we met some great single guys and also were pestered by some terrible ones.

As always genuine guys get the flack caused by the bad ones.

Not all ladies want to be part of the swinging scene but perhaps like the nsa scene ? "

Swinging is no longer for me, it doesn't meet my needs anymore. Or rather the men didn't meet my needs as a whole person. I'm a whole person not just an object. I'm single and decided now I want to find a mental attraction then, physical maybe. I've enjoyed myself but, for me it's run its course. Ms (we are good mates, not a traditional couple)

By *talian_tongueMan
over a year ago

Loughton

"Don't go on PoF ..

Its where old swingers go to live out their retirement "

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I should be on a dating site instead of here. Had a guy say to me in the past he wished he met me on tinder instead of here like me being on tinder made me date worthy but on here I’m not "

Some people really need to think before they say something. He's on here for starters and we're here because we love to play. Plus you're the same person regardless of which site you meet someone on.

Anyway, you're lush!! Xx

over a year ago

I’m on PoF, Tinder and Hinge, no luck on any really. I’m looking for a relationship not just sex, seems I’m one of the undatable’s, so along with FabS I’ve pretty much given up now. I grew with a few comments, PoF is clunky, Tinder to hard to be seen, Hinge is ok as an app.

Post new Message to Thread