over a year ago

Not quite....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Beautiful pics x "

Haha thanks

I realise now it seems like I’m canvassing for meets

But I’m not meeting as I think it’s more responsible to socially distance yourself at the moment.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Haven't for a long time

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

"Beautiful pics x

Haha thanks

But I’m not meeting as I think it’s more responsible to socially distance yourself at the moment."

I'm in Liverpool, you couldn't get more socially distant. And my hanglider is broke ...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm going to Birmingham for a social event if that counts

over a year ago

"I'm going to Birmingham for a social event if that counts "

Do you think it’ll be cancelled?

over a year ago

"I'm going to Birmingham for a social event if that counts

"

Bloody hope not! I've got an angel to snog

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"

Hoping to make this as well. Hope not

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Nope not at present

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Beautiful pics x

Haha thanks

But I’m not meeting as I think it’s more responsible to socially distance yourself at the moment."

Just curious how long are you going to stay in total isolation for ?

over a year ago

Just gonna be devil’s advocate here...

Do you have any reservations about gathering (and probably standing much closer than 2m ) given that other countries are locking down...

Do we only change our behaviour when our government tells us, or do we think for ourselves about what we can do now to protect the vulnerable?

Is meeting people off fab necessary, is it worth it?

over a year ago

"Beautiful pics x

Haha thanks

But I’m not meeting as I think it’s more responsible to socially distance yourself at the moment.

Just curious how long are you going to stay in total isolation for ? "

I’m not in isolation. I saw friends today and I’m still going to work.

But I’m no longer going to a work do this week, or seeing my family (some of whom have health conditions) for Easter.

I’ll probably do this until there is more clarity about what is safe. I am suspicious that our government is taking such a different approach to other countries. I don’t think I’m expert enough to know which way is right and I’d rather be cautious.

over a year ago

My Uber miniscule meet chances are now but a dot on the other side of the universe, so business as usual here.

Think it would be sensible to refrain for the time being though..hard as it may be

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 20:27:49]

over a year ago

Probably this week will I'll stop considering any meets. I'm careful but I meet someone not so careful and pass me the virus.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Hoping to make this as well. Hope not "

I am also hoping to...forgotten though, when is it?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Just gonna be devil’s advocate here...

Do you have any reservations about gathering (and probably standing much closer than 2m ) given that other countries are locking down...

Do we only change our behaviour when our government tells us, or do we think for ourselves about what we can do now to protect the vulnerable?

Is meeting people off fab necessary, is it worth it?"

Do you think you will be able to keep yourself totally sterile from everything you touch that another has touched for the next ????

No shpping no going out no work ? Cleaning all post all food delivered ? Seeing no friends family because you CANNOT vouch for their vigilance

over a year ago

Hoping to make this as well. Hope not "

Yep. I’m going to be there too

over a year ago

Do you think you will be able to keep yourself totally sterile from everything you touch that another has touched for the next ????

No shpping no going out no work ? Cleaning all post all food delivered ? Seeing no friends family because you CANNOT vouch for their vigilance

"

Eh, I’m not being this drastic.

I think fab meets are a little different.

Sanitising everything is one thing.... going to a meet to kiss etc strangers is another?

These are just curious questions anyway, I don’t profess to know what the answers are!

over a year ago

I've never had any meets before the virus.

But i'm not virus-ist and will meet anyone who has it

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

My opinion

The current advice is about as effective as suggesting we have bare back sex but for no longer than a minute and wash our bits afterwards

Something does not stack up

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sanitising everything is one thing.... going to a meet to kiss etc strangers is another?

These are just curious questions anyway, I don’t profess to know what the answers are!"

Why are they

Actually you do stand a greater chance of an std than the virus

Our risk perceptions are twisted

over a year ago

These are just curious questions anyway, I don’t profess to know what the answers are!"

given that 80% of us are going to get it is it not better to get it sooner that later and isolate those at risk, whats your alternative hibernate for 3 months, most people can't work from home or in fact make a living pay bills etc so we all stay at home does it just vanish? live your life you really have no choice

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

There's a guys meeting group on fabguys and they've cancelled all their events. To be fair though, they are more than socials, so i can see why they have.

over a year ago

These are just curious questions anyway, I don’t profess to know what the answers are!

Why are they

Our risk perceptions are twisted "

Not sure how you know that when WHO and other organisations are struggling to work out the current epidemiology. You’re guessing.

I would argue that a virus you can contract from standing in close proximity is more virulent than the STIs you can only contract through sexual inter course.

Why are we so confident that all the other countries are wrong?

Why do we think we won’t end up in the situation Italy is in?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Why are they

Our risk perceptions are twisted "

Honestly I have zero idea

I have no idea what we are supposed to be protecting ourselves from

I suggest either it's bad thus we are all woefully not doing enough or .....

So what are we doing a fucking random arbitrary halfway house that's no where near effective if it's bad and desperate over kill if it's not

Erm I have no idea but somethings odd

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Why are they

Our risk perceptions are twisted

Not sure how you know that when WHO and other organisations are struggling to work out the current epidemiology. You’re guessing.

I would argue that a virus you can contract from standing in close proximity is more virulent than the STIs you can only contract through sexual inter course.

Why are we so confident that all the other countries are wrong?

Why do we think we won’t end up in the situation Italy is in?"

Exactly that my point your happy to meet with the risk of an std you absolutely do not protect yourself from herpes or spreading it or other oral transmitted nasties

Yet something you can catch from work you choose to go to work see friends but not meet

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm illustrating how it's all a bit twisted

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Still meeting?"
given half a chance. Taking the advised precautions . But not giving up on life until told that we have to

over a year ago

I went to the London Bridge social last night. It was a hot topic of should you shake hands, kiss on the cheeks etc.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I will say however

Perhaps, maybe perhaps if we do restrict human contact the inevitable spread will be slower and perhaps just perhaps this is the only benefit and a valid reason

However world financial collapse which seems also to be inevitable had better be worth something

At this point I'm not sure what

over a year ago

I don’t think anyone can answer these questions....

But why would you risk the worst case scenarios to get your leg over?

over a year ago

I am also hoping to...forgotten though, when is it?"

Next weekend. Looking forward to meeting you (hopefully)

over a year ago

"I will say however

Perhaps, maybe perhaps if we do restrict human contact the inevitable spread will be slower and perhaps just perhaps this is the only benefit and a valid reason

However world financial collapse which seems also to be inevitable had better be worth something

At this point I'm not sure what "

Saving lives?

If the NHS is overwhelmed with a sudden surge in cases, people will die because there aren’t enough ventilators or NHS staff to cope.

People will die just because of the timing. People who would have survived if they got sick a few weeks earlier or later, when the system wasn’t overwhelmed.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I don’t think anyone can answer these questions....

But why would you risk the worst case scenarios to get your leg over?"

Hiv many do

You did

Or do you think you are 100% safe from catching that ? Accidents happen

over a year ago

No change in my rate of meets....

over a year ago

Hiv many do

You did

"

There is not going to be a sudden surge in HIV cases that overwhelms the health system. It is not a valid analogy.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes

We are in newport in 2 weekends time wondering if that social will still go ahead...

over a year ago

Yes.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I will say however

At this point I'm not sure what

Saving lives?

If the NHS is overwhelmed with a sudden surge in cases, people will die because there aren’t enough ventilators or NHS staff to cope.

People will die just because of the timing. People who would have survived if they got sick a few weeks earlier or later, when the system wasn’t overwhelmed."

Agreed maybe ask I acknowledged. Financial crises however also cause death

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hiv many do

You did

There is not going to be a sudden surge in HIV cases that overwhelms the health system. It is not a valid analogy."

It was a risk perception analogy

It's unlikely you meeting will cause a surge

Your point was is leg over worth X risk I illustrated we all take a life death risk every time we meet we know or perceive the risk low enough to take but the stakes are high

I'd suggest the risk of you meeting a CV carrier atm to be about equal to meeting a HIV?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hiv many do

You did

There is not going to be a sudden surge in HIV cases that overwhelms the health system. It is not a valid analogy.

Your point was is leg over worth X risk I illustrated we all take a life death risk every time we meet we know or perceive the risk low enough to take but the stakes are high

I'd suggest the risk of you meeting a CV carrier atm to be about equal to meeting a HIV?"

May I reiterate I do not think you wrong for not meeting

I absolutely do not

I just find the whole thing curious

If its serious we are not being cautious enough no where near

It's this idea if we do something we feel better and can cope

Despite reality

over a year ago

But why would you risk the worst case scenarios to get your leg over?"

Because it's virtually impossible to get a meet under normal circumstances so why not be open for meeting in these viral times and taking advantage of the reduced numbers prepared to meet?

over a year ago

Because it's virtually impossible to get a meet under normal circumstances so why not be open for meeting in these viral times and taking advantage of the reduced numbers prepared to meet?"

Haha, well, you’re entrepreneurial, I’ll give you that

over a year ago

Hiv many do

You did

I'd suggest the risk of you meeting a CV carrier atm to be about equal to meeting a HIV?"

Have you seen the exponential graphs of virus transmission in other countries?

It’s been shown clearly in China and South Korea that social distancing and lock downs are curbing the incidence of the virus.

We can see our future ahead of us, it’s happening in Italy, it was happening in China. People are dying. Why are we going to be any different? In fact, isn’t it obvious we will be worse (at least in the short term, the long term remains to be seen re herd immunity) because we aren’t taking the measures other countries have ...

But people want to act like nothing is happening.

What do you have to see to change your behaviour? People dying on trolling in NHS corridors? Bit late then...

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hiv many do

You did

I'd suggest the risk of you meeting a CV carrier atm to be about equal to meeting a HIV?

It’s been shown clearly in China and South Korea that social distancing and lock downs are curbing the incidence of the virus.

We can see our future ahead of us, it’s happening in Italy, it was happening in China. People are dying. Why are we going to be any different? In fact, isn’t it obvious we will be worse (at least in the short term, the long term remains to be seen re herd immunity) because we aren’t taking the measures other countries have ...

What do you have to see to change your behaviour? People dying on trolling in NHS corridors? Bit late then..."

Ok let's be clear my opinion is

If the virus is as described which I feel is plausible then

Restricting meets is only a teeny almost insignificant step

If you mean business an believe what you have just written which is plausible then do not go to work

Do not go shopping

Do not meet friends

That's kinda my point tenth measures are not really significant

Me I'm wearing gloves not touching anything another has touched or if its food washing the packaging

Keeping huge distance from others

And I think I'm only pretending as I'm sure I'm not doing enough to prevent contagion

over a year ago

Hiv many do

You did

What do you have to see to change your behaviour? People dying on trolling in NHS corridors? Bit late then...

If you mean business an believe what you have just written which is plausible then do not go to work

Do not go shopping

Do not meet friends

Me I'm wearing gloves not touching anything another has touched or if its food washing the packaging

And I think I'm only pretending as I'm sure I'm not doing enough to prevent contagion

"

I have to go to work, I work in healthcare. I’ll be one of the people looking after the people we may be risking by meeting needlessly.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hiv many do

You did

Do not go shopping

Do not meet friends

I have to go to work, I work in healthcare. I’ll be one of the people looking after the people we may be risking by meeting needlessly."

So in reality you should go from work to home and see no one !

Or stay at work isolated you forgot to mention you are the high risk potential transmitter

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Would you meet someone if they had a stinking cold or normal flu?

If people aren't showing signs, meet up, have a coffee, knock elbows, take each others temperature, rubber up and crack on

over a year ago

Hiv many do

You did

Do not go shopping

Do not meet friends

I have to go to work, I work in healthcare. I’ll be one of the people looking after the people we may be risking by meeting needlessly.

Or stay at work isolated you forgot to mention you are the high risk potential transmitter"

I’m following my employers advice. Not sure why you think you know better than they do.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Next weekend. Looking forward to meeting you (hopefully)"

Most definitely, I'd really like that x

over a year ago

Most definitely, I'd really like that x"

See you there , really hope it's not cancelled

over a year ago

No, but I haven't had a meet for years anyway so viruses aren't really relevant.

By *reemindCoolMan
over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

I am still willing to meet as long as nobody is coughing or has a cold lol

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hiv many do

You did

Do not go shopping

Do not meet friends

Or stay at work isolated you forgot to mention you are the high risk potential transmitter

I’m following my employers advice. Not sure why you think you know better than they do."

And their advice is ??

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Would you meet someone if they had a stinking cold or normal flu?

If people aren't showing signs, meet up, have a coffee, knock elbows, take each others temperature, rubber up and crack on "

Not sure that's wise its reasonable to suspect that contagion happens before symptoms?

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

If people aren't showing signs, meet up, have a coffee, knock elbows, take each others temperature, rubber up and crack on

Not sure that's wise its reasonable to suspect that contagion happens before symptoms? "

So with that theory you should never meet anyone in case they have something but no symptoms?

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Most definitely, I'd really like that x

See you there , really hope it's not cancelled "

Let's hope not and have a great night x

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Yep

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Not sure that's wise its reasonable to suspect that contagion happens before symptoms?

So with that theory you should never meet anyone in case they have something but no symptoms? "

Depends

If the virus is nasty and you want to prevent its spread then absolutely not

If it's the normal flu then why not

At the moment I have no idea which it is thus think option a is wise as long as that no contact rule is not just meets but everyone and that everyone adheres to it else your prob right its futile

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

So with that theory you should never meet anyone in case they have something but no symptoms?

Depends

If the virus is nasty and you want to prevent its spread then absolutely not

If it's the normal flu then why not

At the moment I have no idea which it is thus think option a is wise as long as that no contact rule is not just meets but everyone and that everyone adheres to it else your prob right its futile "

However if it's as nasty as suggested then I would think all health professionals should isolate from the population as a sensible precaution

As they are the most likely to come into regular contact thus the most likely contaminating factors even if only carriers

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We're planning on meeting somebody next weekend as long as movement isn't restricted.

By *ooskiMan
over a year ago

south coast

Been really good for long while.........

translation....been to busy with work and travels....until now thanks to the big....."V"

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Still meeting?"

I do, yes.

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

I’m still meeting