Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who's got the CoronaVirus Symptoms ?

Jump to newest

By *ral Extraordinaire OP   Man
over a year ago

Kent

I have ..although its nearing the end i think . Had a few hours of hot sweats . Killer sore throat now the continuous dry cough . Self isolated next week at work for me !!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've just got a cold (I think). No high temperature, no cough. Regardless, how many will automatically assume I have the virus when I'll turn up to work Monday morning

Mrs

over a year ago

I sneezed. I think I'm ok though.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Sore throat for a couple of days and tight chest for me, in bed and self isolating and perving on here

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

Nothing symptomatic apart from a constant feeling of wanting to cough but I’m not coughing as such.

Probably just a cold but I am sleeping away from my partner and we’re avoiding body contact, which is making me want to cry, but whatever it takes to protect him.

over a year ago

Yeah a horrendous cough. No temp

Though. I’m sure it’s not that

over a year ago

Kent

I wasnt sure tbh at first as only had killer sore throat for couple days n no cough ...but now got the cough . Also see an interview with some politican i think that said about an horrendius sore throat who was diagnosed with coronavirus

By *reeman76Man
over a year ago

oldbury

Fuzzy head since Wednesday and feeling lethargic, probably a slight head cold. No coughing.

over a year ago

I have sniffles and a sore throat but no cough or temp so I assume I have a cold

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Any of the above 8 persons above needed to call 111 or did you take the advice of self isolating and monitoring your own symptoms ?

If symptoms have not worsened and you feel happy you are getting better, will you return to normal after 7 days ?

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

As it happens, at the moment, my only income comes from a zero-hours, part time job. So I cannot afford to not work. Only if the local council decides to put the theatre under lockdown.

“Touch wood” so far I don’t have sore throat as such or a cough as such. Just a worrying sensation that something wants to happen to my body and my body is fighting it. And I have kept a note of when this started.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

Sore throat isn’t a symptom from what I have read ...

over a year ago

"Any of the above 8 persons above needed to call 111 or did you take the advice of self isolating and monitoring your own symptoms ?

If symptoms have not worsened and you feel happy you are getting better, will you return to normal after 7 days ?

"

I called 111 and my GP they didn’t want to know as I’ve not been out if the country in the last 14 days

over a year ago

here

"Any of the above 8 persons above needed to call 111 or did you take the advice of self isolating and monitoring your own symptoms ?

I called 111 and my GP they didn’t want to know as I’ve not been out if the country in the last 14 days "

And you are monitoring yourself for any changes - better or worse.

over a year ago

"Sore throat for a couple of days and tight chest for me, in bed and self isolating and perving on here "
sore throat you defo don't have coronavirus then

over a year ago

"Sore throat isn’t a symptom from what I have read ..."
you are right if you have a sore throat you defo don't have it

over a year ago

None yet! Hope you are all ok and you and your families make speedy recoveries

over a year ago

I have symptoms so my shrink says anyway

over a year ago

Had a cough for about 2 weeks now. Really bad sore throat, headache which constantly comes and goes for about 3 days now and dizzy when I stand up. Don’t know what to do about work on Monday.

over a year ago

here

"Had a cough for about 2 weeks now. Really bad sore throat, headache which constantly comes and goes for about 3 days now and dizzy when I stand up. Don’t know what to do about work on Monday. "

You have a temperature, aches pains in arms and /or chest ?

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I have a sore throat, also feeling warm (no fever) but I usually do with a sinus infection anyway

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Does anyone know how long the travel ban to the USA will last? I have a flight on 16 April.

over a year ago

Kent

"Had a cough for about 2 weeks now. Really bad sore throat, headache which constantly comes and goes for about 3 days now and dizzy when I stand up. Don’t know what to do about work on Monday. "

Yea i had similar . Headache went after day half. The main prob ive had mostly is the running burning nose .

over a year ago

"Does anyone know how long the travel ban to the USA will last? I have a flight on 16 April. "
30 says so you may be OK depends if it gets extended

over a year ago

"

No to the first part. Not been off work yet, business as normal.

Mrs

By *az080378Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

The annoying thing is they do list sore throat and runny nose as symptoms for coronavirus.

But cough, runny nose,and sore throat are all symptoms of a common cold.

I was reading about how to tell the difference between cold/flu/coronavirus and it actually just made everything more confusing!

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Thanks. Can you let me know your source of information on 30 days please.

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

"Thanks. Can you let me know your source of information on 30 days please. "

Check that your airline is still in businesses.

Dont be suprised to hear some will go bust... KLM/Air France and BA are prime candidates unless the governments prop them up.

Supply chains will be messed up for months from this... Id get a back plan in place just in case

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"The annoying thing is they do list sore throat and runny nose as symptoms for coronavirus.

But cough, runny nose,and sore throat are all symptoms of a common cold.

I was reading about how to tell the difference between cold/flu/coronavirus and it actually just made everything more confusing! "

I know what you mean. One of my colleagues was sent home because she had cold symptoms. Although it's a bit different for her as she's had pneumonia recently

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 22:35:02]

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Just after Christmas i had the same symptoms and was poorly for way over 2 weeks ,it put me in bed for over a week ,

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I have a cold, remember them?

Snotty nose, bunged up sinuses, sneezing, coughing (not dry), bit of a sore throat but no fever.

And no I haven't rung 111, it's a cold.

By *unscot44Man
over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

Sore throat actually is one of the main initial symptoms as well as fever and cough.

There is a British GP sharing an online video of how ill the Corona virus made her feel. She is 60 but with no underlying health conditions, she said it started with really severe sore throat and high temp before the cough and flu like symptoms took hold.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have cough then sore throat Thursday and Friday

Been a bit lethargic and achy yesterday, this morning a bit similar

The cough is very light and it feels like my sinus are bunged up

I have self isolated for my parents and work safety

At least for 7 days and take it from there

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Welcome to hypochondriacs anonymous

In all seriousness - fever, dry cough (non productive) or tight chest then it’s best to lock yourself away. Just be mindful there’s loads of common colds going around too

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

"Welcome to hypochondriacs anonymous

In all seriousness - fever, dry cough (non productive) or tight chest then it’s best to lock yourself away. Just be mindful there’s loads of common colds going around too "

Sneezing it’s a symptom either as I noticed people turn round at sneezing yesterday when out. Hay fever allergies are starting.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

During the press conference from the PM the other day.

He advised normal healthy people to self isolate if they are symptomatic for a period of 7days if symptoms have gone carry on.

NOT to call GP or 111 just to tell them you have a runny nose.

111 has an online section for answers.

Only call 111 GP or 999 if symptoms don't go or you get significantly worse or you genuinely believe it's an emergency IE difficulty breathing.

Clogging up the NHS with calls doesn't help anyone.

Gov.uk

NHS 111.uk

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Have you all got your thermometers at the ready

I can’t bloody get one anywhere

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Have you all got your thermometers at the ready

I can’t bloody get one anywhere"

Nope and same.

There's lots of people who are losing money regards the coronavirus but somewhere there's a few people who are making alot of money.

Id love to have purchased shares in andrex two weeks ago!

over a year ago

"Have you all got your thermometers at the ready

I can’t bloody get one anywhere"

I can’t find one for love nor money. My sister has little ones so I’m sure she will have a spare

over a year ago

"Had a cough for about 2 weeks now. Really bad sore throat, headache which constantly comes and goes for about 3 days now and dizzy when I stand up. Don’t know what to do about work on Monday.

You have a temperature, aches pains in arms and /or chest ?

"

Yes, but don’t feel as bad today. Hard to know when to draw the line as usually just work through illness and get one with it. Don’t want to feel like a hypochondriac, plus I don’t get paid for being off work.

over a year ago

Don't know, don't care.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I have cough then sore throat Thursday and Friday

Been a bit lethargic and achy yesterday, this morning a bit similar

The cough is very light and it feels like my sinus are bunged up

I have self isolated for my parents and work safety

At least for 7 days and take it from there "

Just got up to put washing and rubbish out - jesus that’s Was hard work!!!!

over a year ago

Kent

"Don't know, don't care."

You will if your children or family got a fatal or critical blow of it ! Tge world isnt in lock down for no reason

over a year ago

Me and the wife are both down, first confirmed case in our area was a lad from work (ended up in hospital) who I sent home, unfortunately already developed symptoms and wife was only a couple of days behind. Works been great and quarantined the whole team on full pay for 2 weeks. Apart from mild fever and touch of cough the only other symptoms we have is shortness of breath, we tried shagging but gave up winded after 20 seconds.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Me and the wife are both down, first confirmed case in our area was a lad from work (ended up in hospital) who I sent home, unfortunately already developed symptoms and wife was only a couple of days behind. Works been great and quarantined the whole team on full pay for 2 weeks. Apart from mild fever and touch of cough the only other symptoms we have is shortness of breath, we tried shagging but gave up winded after 20 seconds."

Shortness of breath is what I have found - when I tried putting washing on and rubbish out felt like I had had a short wank lol

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Sore throat on Monday and coughing, but my youngest had the same symptoms when he was staying with me at the weekend.

I’ve had some looks at work and my boss had a word to check if it was a cold. May have to work from home next week just waiting to hear.

over a year ago

"Don't know, don't care.

You will if your children or family got a fatal or critical blow of it ! Tge world isnt in lock down for no reason "

Yes it is. Media induced panic as always.

over a year ago

Kent

"Don't know, don't care.

You will if your children or family got a fatal or critical blow of it ! Tge world isnt in lock down for no reason

Yes it is. Media induced panic as always."

Panic ? UK Gov stopping all flights that will result in job loses . People told by UK Gov to stay off work for 7days if have persistant cough ...where zero hours contracts dont get paid !

Hmmm media induced

over a year ago

A Taiwanese doctor said in a interview, the best way to check for potential symptoms is to hold your breath in for 10 seconds ( in a clean air environment if you start coughing after exhaling that means your lungs are potentially getting infected.

over a year ago

"Don't know, don't care.

Panic ? UK Gov stopping all flights that will result in job loses . People told by UK Gov to stay off work for 7days if have persistant cough ...where zero hours contracts dont get paid !

Hmmm media induced "

Yes, media induced. If everyone carries on as normal it is gone in a month or two. No, lets all shit ourselves and drag it out.

Isolate those at risk or who are big scardie cats, let everyone else take their chances and make their own decisions.

over a year ago

Kent

Italy 22,000 cases 1,450 deaths

UK is 10-14 weeks behind Italy

I think their is something to be concerned about. This is early stages . Not expected to peak for 8weeks . So this will continue to worsen

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Don't know, don't care.

Hmmm media induced

Yes, media induced. If everyone carries on as normal it is gone in a month or two. No, lets all shit ourselves and drag it out.

Isolate those at risk or who are big scardie cats, let everyone else take their chances and make their own decisions."

Hold on - I want to go to work and go running. Work have told me I am not allowed to go in with minor symptoms and also not allowed to work from other offices

over a year ago

"Italy 22,000 cases 1,450 deaths

I think their is something to be concerned about. This is early stages . Not expected to peak for 8weeks . So this will continue to worsen "

The place I work has 2 confirmed cases, and 40 of us in isolation, at least 25 of those have symptoms but wont be tested as are fairly young and healthy. The uk stats are fake as it will only be confirmed if you are hospitalised. We only have 60 people in the plant so that's an alarmingly high rate. On the plus side most of us will be immune in a couple of weeks and able to forget this every happening assuming our friends and loved ones are ok.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I think their is something to be concerned about. This is early stages . Not expected to peak for 8weeks . So this will continue to worsen

The place I work has 2 confirmed cases, and 40 of us in isolation, at least 25 of those have symptoms but wont be tested as are fairly young and healthy. The uk stats are fake as it will only be confirmed if you are hospitalised. We only have 60 people in the plant so that's an alarmingly high rate. On the plus side most of us will be immune in a couple of weeks and able to forget this every happening assuming our friends and loved ones are ok."

Agreed - about faked results. Why isn’t there self testing kits being sent out. I work in an office - but will be working from home all off next week.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

The place I work has 2 confirmed cases, and 40 of us in isolation, at least 25 of those have symptoms but wont be tested as are fairly young and healthy. The uk stats are fake as it will only be confirmed if you are hospitalised. We only have 60 people in the plant so that's an alarmingly high rate. On the plus side most of us will be immune in a couple of weeks and able to forget this every happening assuming our friends and loved ones are ok.

Agreed - about faked results. Why isn’t there self testing kits being sent out. I work in an office - but will be working from home all off next week. "

Ok I have just had a message from someone I met socially weekend before last. Saying they had a message from a guy telling them I had corona

That is disgraceful. I have light symptoms, yes did I know I had last weekend no, did I have it last weekend no. Did I get a light sore throat and cough on Thursday yes. I only self isoloated when I found my brothers gf had it, and work changed rules, and advice changed

I have done the best I can. I am not meeting anyone and I am self isolotaing in my room. Have I been abroad no, have I been to any other the other countries no, Can I get tested no because I have not had it for 7 days and nhs is not testing as symptoms have not got worse

I have done everything I can - if people don’t like that and feel like it’s ok to be nasty and vindictive then fine - fook yo

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have found out that this person has been messaging people on my friends list to tell them - absolutely shocked

over a year ago

"I have found out that this person has been messaging people on my friends list to tell them - absolutely shocked "

It's nasty. You could go to your privacy settings and hide your friends list. It's not an answer but at least they couldn't message any more of your friends.

Mrs

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I have found out that this person has been messaging people on my friends list to tell them - absolutely shocked

It's nasty. You could go to your privacy settings and hide your friends list. It's not an answer but at least they couldn't message any more of your friends.

Mrs"

I have hidden last 12 months of verifications now but it looks like I don’t meet can’t win

I have reported the profile, as I thought it was unacceptable. Luckily one person that contacted me is a very very good friend, the other is a couple i was looking to play when I was well with but now that has been fucked up

Proper pissed off - not a lot I can do but hey ho

over a year ago

I’ve had a cough since well before Christmas. Pretty sure Coronavirus can be ruled out since I’ve been coughing since before the bat got munched.

over a year ago

I’m feeling great!

over a year ago

Kent

Dr Hilary Jones said majority will have flu like symptons not corona . When you see press reports theres 22,000 cases in uk and reports everyone will get a mild form ...you put two n two together !

Please to say i had man flu rather than that corona thingy . Still....its an excuse to have a week off work

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/03/20 11:13:31]

over a year ago

It is not the corona virus it is just a normal seasonal change flu like hay fever. I was sneezing and coughing abit for few days but then when I took allergy tablets and I am now all ok

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

I’ve had an horrid chesty cough since I came back from se Asia last November but if I had it, I’ve heard it’s phenomenal and I’ve had that years ago and believe me, u don’t even have the strength to fuck around on yr phone.. and u certainly won’t need all the Fucking items you’ve emptied the shelf of the shops for .. so who ever has panic bought, I hope u all get and the shit you’ve bought, rots ... rant over

over a year ago

I had all the symptoms at beginning of december, so did my partner. We just thought it was a real weird cold/flu as kept hitting us in stages. Flu symptoms, then okay, then bad cough n throat, then okay, then cold symptoms along with bad head and other aches,then okay, and then hit with runny sneezy nose for over a week...

over a year ago

Started with chills on Friday, nothing serious very mild but now have a terrible dry cough.. cant speak without coughing. Probably not the coronavirus but staying in for the recommended 7 days and working from home just in case.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I woke up with a temp. headache and sore throat.

Anyone have any spare loo rolls and pasta please?

over a year ago

I have a cough and minor sniffles. No temperature or sore throat.

Common cold on top of smoking for me.

Not self isolating as I wont get paid if I dont go to work!!

Corona virus can kiss my butt

By *pple16Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Everybody with google.

By *1bttmMan
over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"Does anyone know how long the travel ban to the USA will last? I have a flight on 16 April. "

U should be talking directly to the airline as they will be more upto date on information as it changes daily.

over a year ago

I had all the symptoms in December for a week after a trip to Poland has made me wonder how long this virus had been circulating before the media got hold of it.

over a year ago

I’m clear at the moment just had my temperature taken 36.1

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple
over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

I called 111 and my GP they didn’t want to know as I’ve not been out if the country in the last 14 days "

This is just bonkers. You might have been in contact with someone who had been out of the country. Or someone else who had been in contact with someone who had been in contact with someone. Do they not understand transmission pathways?

Im on a phased return at work and only found out last week that my boss had been at a ski resort in north Italy at end of jan/ beginning of Feb. I haven't seen him much but having face to face meetings almost weekly. During that time i kept feeling unwell, bit of a cold that didn't seem to know if it was coming or going and feeling hot on and off. Still have a cold now.

So how is anyone to know if they've not picked something up if they have been in contact with a carrier who might just be asymptomatic!

All of this makes tracking spread impossible. The way the government is dealing with this is to say, hey if you think you might have this, we don't wanna know but stay home and if you're one of the lucky ones, we will see you on the other side!!!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well this morning 6 people I know are self isolating because of the same

All 6 have coughs. Mine is more of a sore throat.

I work in a 3000 people office and basically work have said if you can work from home notify us and crack on

over a year ago

here

I called 111 and my GP they didn’t want to know as I’ve not been out if the country in the last 14 days

This is just bonkers. You might have been in contact with someone who had been out of the country. Or someone else who had been in contact with someone who had been in contact with someone. Do they not understand transmission pathways?

Im on a phased return at work and only found out last week that my boss had been at a ski resort in north Italy at end of jan/ beginning of Feb. I haven't seen him much but having face to face meetings almost weekly. During that time i kept feeling unwell, bit of a cold that didn't seem to know if it was coming or going and feeling hot on and off. Still have a cold now.

So how is anyone to know if they've not picked something up if they have been in contact with a carrier who might just be asymptomatic!

All of this makes tracking spread impossible. The way the government is dealing with this is to say, hey if you think you might have this, we don't wanna know but stay home and if you're one of the lucky ones, we will see you on the other side!!!

"

They are dealing with it this way so they can focus on the elderly and vulnerable who will need the help of the health professionals ...

over a year ago

I was really ill in February, off work for 2 weeks. Dr said viral infection

since last week I've had symptoms and unable to work due to nature of my job

over a year ago

not yet,

from Scotland and drink a lot of whisky

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"Thanks. Can you let me know your source of information on 30 days please. "

Whatever the source of the number it’s meaningless! Thing can only be worse in 30 days. We won’t hit peak infection in UK or US before 90 days.. I don’t expect to see routine flight to America before September

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"I had all the symptoms in December for a week after a trip to Poland has made me wonder how long this virus had been circulating before the media got hold of it. "

It wasn’t circulating earlier, it just wasn’t. mortality from flu or flu like symptoms in UK was lower this December and January than usual.. if everyone who suggests they had CV 2 months ago really did have it we would now be approaching the peak with hundreds dead each day.

By *akboyMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Not me but my mate tested positive and was having a lot of trouble breathing last week but now he's getting better. Luckily, he could isolate himself as soon as he started getting symptoms

Post new Message to Thread