Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

lie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you ever think your life is a lie?

That you can't be who you want to be?

That you live life how others want you to?

That you hide your real feelings because others won't understand?

If so do you ever get tired of lying?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is that a lie, or simply not fulfilled with the life you're currently living?

Take steps. It won't happen by sitting still?

over a year ago

"Do you ever think your life is a lie?

That you can't be who you want to be?

That you live life how others want you to?

That you hide your real feelings because others won't understand?

If so do you ever get tired of lying?"

I used to, but not anymore. Do something about it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think life is about wearing masks. Revealing yourself in part or in whole depending on the circumstances. But being different versions of yourself as the situation calls for. Authenticity is probably rare and is probably filtered through other things, regardless.

Some ancient cultures regarded taking on different personalities, like in acting, as bringing out a powerful supernatural force that couldn't entirely be controlled, and some religious beliefs focus on this changing of persona. I find this idea fascinating.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

As swing said, we often tend to portray different facades based upon the social situation we find ourselves in.

For instance we may adopt very different personas based upon the company we are presently in e.g family members, social friends, a long term partner etc.

In effect therefore, it could well be said that we are all to some degree, essentially living a lie based on social conditioning

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"As swing said, we often tend to portray different facades based upon the social situation we find ourselves in.

For instance we may adopt very different personas based upon the company we are presently in e.g family members, social friends, a long term partner etc.

In effect therefore, it could well be said that we are all to some degree, essentially living a lie based on social conditioning "

Plus, the social conditioning is unconscious. To what extent am I who I am, and to what extent am I the person I was conditioned to become?

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I don't even really know if I'm alive or if reality is just an illusion or simulation.

One step at a time

over a year ago

Being able to function successfully in society means developing different personas to deal with different people and situations. This does not mean you have to lie. If you feel that you are OP and want to change your situation, it’s going to be tough as people will not understand why you lied in the first place. Tough one

over a year ago

I come from a similar perspective to both Swing and Sensuallover. I see life as illusion, a construct of our mind where the outer world is a mirror of our inner world. What we see depends on our view of the world. As such we present many faces to the world, we construct and deconstruct these faces as we grow and learn. But we have these faces and can use these faces but they are not who we are. The question ‘Who am I?’ becomes an eternal question, the answer to which changes and unfolds as our lives progress a mystery that is illuminated as history becomes my story. I have many masks that I wear but I am not even the sum of these masks as I witness the use of them. But I am not the witness either as who is it who sees the witness? I know what I am not, but not who I am...

over a year ago

I opted to go back into the Matrix..

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Yes to a degree.

over a year ago

I grew tired of living a lie a few years back.

And the only mask I put on these days is the one I wear at work - only because I need to get paid.

Everyone else can either accept me as I am or fuck off

( I spend a lot of time alone )

Post new Message to Thread