Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Over 300 now

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's gone from 6 people affected with the coronavirus in the UK to over 300 already. Its snowballing now.

Wake up Peoples!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It’s actually gone from 0- over 300.

6 have died.

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"It's gone from 6 people affected with the coronavirus in the UK to over 300 already. Its snowballing now.

Wake up Peoples! "

Couldn’t you just join one of the plague of corona virus threads already in the lounge.

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan
over a year ago

Co.Antrim

"It's gone from 6 people affected with the coronavirus in the UK to over 300 already. Its snowballing now.

Wake up Peoples!

Couldn’t you just join one of the plague of corona virus threads already in the lounge."

At this rate there should just be a Coronavirus Sub Forum FFS

over a year ago

Wake up Peoples!

Couldn’t you just join one of the plague of corona virus threads already in the lounge."

Have to make sure that everyone is aware

over a year ago

"It’s actually gone from 0- over 300.

6 have died. "

6 died that's no flue

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue "

You’re so insensitive.

By *musedforlifeMan
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Wake up Peoples!

Couldn’t you just join one of the plague of corona virus threads already in the lounge.

Have to make sure that everyone is aware "

Thanks for letting me know, not heard anything about it on the news.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wake up Peoples!

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Wake up Peoples!

Have to make sure that everyone is aware "

It’s a valuable service, I’m just trying to hide from it in fab

over a year ago

16,000 died of flu in the UK last year, don't remember seeing any threads about that last year!

over a year ago

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

You’re so insensitive. "

Really!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"16,000 died of flu in the UK last year, don't remember seeing any threads about that last year! "

Have you only just discovered that people die in their thousands from flu every year? And that’s WITH a vaccine.

over a year ago

"16,000 died of flu in the UK last year, don't remember seeing any threads about that last year! "

How many is that including corona. Quite a lot.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

You’re so insensitive.

Really! "

Yes Really!

I’m not sure why the ! Or the though

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"16,000 died of flu in the UK last year, don't remember seeing any threads about that last year!

How many is that including corona. Quite a lot. "

over a year ago

"16,000 died of flu in the UK last year, don't remember seeing any threads about that last year!

Have you only just discovered that people die in their thousands from flu every year? And that’s WITH a vaccine. "

I don't think that you can really compare the two already.

The corona virus has only been around for 2 minutes, so I can't see how poeple can compare it to th flue.

over a year ago

Around 1.25 million people worldwide die in car accidents every year

By *ob6474Man
over a year ago

telford

It not 6. 8 have died

over a year ago

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

You’re so insensitive.

Really!

Yes Really!

I’m not sure why the ! Or the though "

Because I'm not insensitive

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

They have vaccines for many strains of the flu,

They don't have one at all for this and it's at least a year away.

Plus they don't know if it's going to be endemic so it could come back every year and it maybe that it's another virus that adds more deaths to the annual flu figures but remember that is not one strain of flu your quoting figures for its many.

But the death rate in relation to infection rate is far higher with Corona.

And it's not about protecting us it's about protecting vulnerable people unless you think it's ok for old and sick people to die?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Have you only just discovered that people die in their thousands from flu every year? And that’s WITH a vaccine.

The corona virus has only been around for 2 minutes, so I can't see how poeple can compare it to th flue. "

I’m not comparing it.

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The corona virus has only been around for 2 minutes, so I can't see how poeple can compare it to th flue. "

.....but by the same logic, coronaviris hasn’t got anywhere near as statistically robust a mortality rate figure yet, so you can’t postulate that it’s more deadly!

over a year ago

How many is that including corona. Quite a lot.

16,006 "

Millions get the flue. Do the maths.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Check the recovery figures before panicking

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue "

2 percent dude same as flu

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

You’re so insensitive.

Really!

Yes Really!

I’m not sure why the ! Or the though

Because I'm not insensitive "

Well you know yourself best of course so I shall keep that opinion in my head

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

You’re so insensitive. "

Oh and and a flue is an exhaust

over a year ago

They have vaccines for many strains of the flu,

They don't have one at all for this and it's at least a year away.

Plus they don't know if it's going to be endemic so it could come back every year and it maybe that it's another virus that adds more deaths to the annual flu figures but remember that is not one strain of flu your quoting figures for its many.

But the death rate in relation to infection rate is far higher with Corona.

And it's not about protecting us it's about protecting vulnerable people unless you think it's ok for old and sick people to die?"

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

You’re so insensitive.

Oh and and a flue is an exhaust "

Not necessarily, some ladies refer to their girlie bits as a flue

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Check the recovery figures before panicking "

For who the healthy or the old and vulnerable?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Wake up Peoples! "

Wake up and do what, brainiac?!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Check the recovery figures before panicking

For who the healthy or the old and vulnerable?"

Both if you like. Check out #Cuttingthrough.

Whilst it is very serious for those in the at risks groups recovery rates are also more positive than people think.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Some information out there worries me a bit about where so called rational people are getting their info

A work colleague today told me they had heard 'avoid eating meat' and drinking a solution of 'garlic that has been stewed in boiling water' was a cure!

Some real idiots out there

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"

Corona viruses have been around for centuries, the COVID-19 strain was first identified last November.

Bit more than 2 minutes

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"

The corona virus has only been around for 2 minutes, so I can't see how poeple can compare it to th flue.

Corona viruses have been around for centuries, the COVID-19 strain was first identified last November.

Bit more than 2 minutes "

This is true

over a year ago

"

Bit more than 2 minutes "

Still not long at all

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Some information out there worries me a bit about where so called rational people are getting their info

A work colleague today told me they had heard 'avoid eating meat' and drinking a solution of 'garlic that has been stewed in boiling water' was a cure!

Some real idiots out there "

Hmm agreed I've heard bathing in detol will cure

over a year ago

Have you only just discovered that people die in their thousands from flu every year? And that’s WITH a vaccine. "

With all due respect, what's your point?

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

September 2018 we had outbreak of flu spiralled out from Birmingham. I was one who also caught it. The h1n1 aka swine flu I was sick for 7 weeks it took it's toll I wasn't infectious for all of it but it took time to recover. No one had started the flu vaccinations and they weren't ready for distribution

67% tested positive for h1n1 by 2019 the mutation of swine flu h3n2 was in 61% of people tested.

The swine flu pandemic started 2009 to 2010. It's still around and it mutated. Difference with covid19 is its mutating much quicker. But I can see this being around for decades too no virus or bacteria ever gets eradicated. People need to up their hygiene and when they are sick minimising spread. Covid19 is being understood more day by day, how it spreads, who is likely to be affected and it's mutation rates.

More people focusing on deaths but recovery rates are good. If you have prior ailments one being highest risk is heart conditions, then diabetes and respiratory diseases. They already know other coronavirus vaccines don't work and medications to treat the other viruses don't work but knowing what doesn't work is one step closer to what does. They've had some success with medications treating HIV.

Stop panicking use common sense follow isolation protocols don't be a part of the cause of the spread. Even if you have it mild people you'd spread it to may not be so lucky.

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

6 have died.

6 died that's no flue

2 percent dude same as flu"

As opposed to the 1,484 who've died today alone in the UK from other causes

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Some information out there worries me a bit about where so called rational people are getting their info

Hmm agreed I've heard bathing in dettol will cure

"

Lol and Donald Trump apparently didn't know the flu could kill, just proving to be another one of the idiots

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

With all due respect, what's your point?"

My point is we don’t have a vaccine for this. We have a vaccine for flu viruses and still people die in large numbers. We don’t know what will happen with this virus.

It almost feels like people are disappointed at the lack of deaths. Like it proves a point somehow. Measures are being taken but I feel they need to be more stringent.

over a year ago

Hmm agreed I've heard bathing in dettol will cure

Lol and Donald Trump apparently didn't know the flu could kill, just proving to be another one of the idiots "

I know this thread is about the flu. But your profile pics are the best set I've seen x

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think the amount of infected is actually much higher, they are falling behind massively on testing and don't have the ability to test more.

It's probably way higher than 300plus.

I hope a year from now we will all be joking about

Wow do you remember the coronavirus panic?

There could be some real positive things to come out of this putting aside the health issues.

1. Many people may now actually find working from home a better idea and more companies may get onboard.

Giving people a better quality of life and more time with kids , childcare issues alleviated, less commuting, and a positive impact on the environment (see the drop in pollution over China at the moment)

Also more availability in cities for housing if office's shut as more people working from home.

Companies not having to pay huge amounts of money in rental fees and tax for said offices as shutting down due to more people working from home and they can then invest in the staff more hopefully increasing wages.

Guess what giving people a better quality of life.

Less air travel due to more meetings being digital rather than face to face.

Better impact on environment.

And the big one

Fingers crossed that this is containable and things don't escalate.

This is actually a great way for the government's around the world to learn how to deal with stuff on this magnitude in preparation for something coming along far more deadly!!

My heart goes out to the people who have lost loved ones so far and those still to lose people lets not lose sight of compassion as people are genuinely dying and it's not just media hype.

Peace and love to you all xx

over a year ago

People who can't work from home will starve

over a year ago

"People who can't work from home will starve"

And spread it because many will not even know they have it.

Post new Message to Thread