Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Colonoscopy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So today I’ve got to have a colonoscopy following an eventual diagnosis of diverticulitis. I’m sure the prep for it has been designed as an instrument of torture.

I’ve not been able to have a cup of tea or no solid food since yesterday morning and the awful moviprep I’ve got to drink tastes and smells awful. So all in all I’m feeling sorry for myself and need cheering up. X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Eat more fibre?

By *heshirefungirlWoman
over a year ago

ammanford

I feel for you mate that stuff is evil

By *heshirefungirlWoman
over a year ago

ammanford

Wait till you are home before you start to eat and drink aswell as it can still be working in your system

over a year ago

"Wait till you are home before you start to eat and drink aswell as it can still be working in your system "

I will do, though they’ve said they will give me a cup of tea and biscuit after in the hospital. X

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Sending hugs, cuddles, bottom gropes, more hugs, a cheeky boobie grope, even more bottom gropes & will save you a custard cream for when you are able to have it xx

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

a splash of orange cordial in the moviprep is allowed and makes it slightly more palatable

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

You’re in for a *lot* of wind later!

over a year ago

"Sending hugs, cuddles, bottom gropes, more hugs, a cheeky boobie grope, even more bottom gropes & will save you a custard cream for when you are able to have it xx"

Thank you mr n x

over a year ago

"You’re in for a *lot* of wind later!"

I know x

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Ah Angie it will be over soon enough I promise. Have a hug and a hand hold from me x

over a year ago

"Ah Angie it will be over soon enough I promise. Have a hug and a hand hold from me x"

Thanks Mac x

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Had one 10 years ago, I was so nervous that they gave me Pethidine to calm me.

Absolutely marvellous, so relaxed that I watched the whole procedure on the TV monitor.

Wife went shopping on the way home and I was in such a good mood that she could have bought the store.

Best quality drugs on the NHS!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I had a colonoscopy a few years ago now to finally diagnose Crohn’s disease.

The actual procedure is totally fine, you’ll be drowsy and not feel a thing.

The moviprep beforehand is the worst part, I found that drinking it in one as soon as you’ve mixed it was best, leaving it to sit in the fridge made me gag and couldn’t keep it down.

Also, be prepared for ridiculously painful cramps from trapped wind.....they have to inflate you to see what’s going on!

Best of luck

over a year ago

Also have crohns disease so have a scope every 2 years...the moviprep is far and away the worst bit. The sedatives mean you wont really give a damn about anything during the procedure.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Sorry to read that,

Hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon xx

over a year ago

"Also have crohns disease so have a scope every 2 years...the moviprep is far and away the worst bit. The sedatives mean you wont really give a damn about anything during the procedure."

I ended up going private as the NHS waiting list was never ending. As above though, it’s not much different from being laid in bed. Even afterwards there’s no pain (other than the previously mentioned trapped wind)

I had a lovely nurse talk to me all the way through the procedure, to be honest having a filling at the dentist is a worse experience.

over a year ago

"I had a colonoscopy a few years ago now to finally diagnose Crohn’s disease.

The actual procedure is totally fine, you’ll be drowsy and not feel a thing.

The moviprep beforehand is the worst part, I found that drinking it in one as soon as you’ve mixed it was best, leaving it to sit in the fridge made me gag and couldn’t keep it down.

Also, be prepared for ridiculously painful cramps from trapped wind.....they have to inflate you to see what’s going on!

Best of luck "

Thanks, I’ve had the inflation before on previous surgery so know what to expect x

over a year ago

"Also have crohns disease so have a scope every 2 years...the moviprep is far and away the worst bit. The sedatives mean you wont really give a damn about anything during the procedure."

I’m not being sedated x

over a year ago

"Sorry to read that,

Hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon xx"

Thank you x

over a year ago

"So today I’ve got to have a colonoscopy following an eventual diagnosis of diverticulitis. I’m sure the prep for it has been designed as an instrument of torture.

I’ve not been able to have a cup of tea or no solid food since yesterday morning and the awful moviprep I’ve got to drink tastes and smells awful. So all in all I’m feeling sorry for myself and need cheering up. X "

Sounds like a rightpain in the arse.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I love the scene in Two and a half men as Charlie is being wheeled in for one. He demands drugs “before anything goes up there”. His very lovely girlfriend Chelsea shrugs / sneers and says “huh, all I get is a glass of wine and a pretty please”.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

The full chol ain’t as uncomfortable as the small one for the left side .. but you’ll be fine and once you’ve got rid of the wind, bingo, it’s pie and chips again

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Hope everything goes ok. X

over a year ago

Hugs to you Angie hope it goes ok xx

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

I hope it goes ok, I had one when I was 40. I added lime to that vile stuff you drink to clear you out.

You’ll be fine and they sedate you, so you don’t really know what’s happening. Warning though, you’ll be full of wind after. Xx

over a year ago

Are you having gas & air if no sedative

it's over in no time x

By *ussex-steveMan
over a year ago

brighton

When I had one the doctor said some break wi d during procedure, please do r be embarrassed. My arse cheeks were tighter than a ducks!!.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'll be having one in the next few weeks, doctor thinks I might have ulcerative colitis or some other IBD so have been referred for more tests and checks. I've had one before so not overly worried about the procedure, more about what they'll find, hence me being a bit quiet lately

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

You can add cordial to it and drink it through a straw makea it a little more palatable.. k

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Hope it goes ok OP. I've had a couple but I couldn't do it without some form of sedative ~ last time I had fentanyl which was amazing. I sat up on the bed on the way out of the room, waved to the doctor and said 'I love you, see you tomorrow'

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"Hope it goes ok OP. I've had a couple but I couldn't do it without some form of sedative ~ last time I had fentanyl which was amazing. I sat up on the bed on the way out of the room, waved to the doctor and said 'I love you, see you tomorrow' "

Oopsies

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"When I had one the doctor said some break wi d during procedure, please do r be embarrassed. My arse cheeks were tighter than a ducks!!."

After the procedure, my goodness

The nurse did tell me to go for it though to be fair!

over a year ago

Thanks all, done and dusted. I had the entinox as it was slightly uncomfortable at times but thankfully everything is looking good. I did have to have a polyp removed but it’s not diverticulitis like I was told. So back to the undiagnosed abdomen pain, and my life is on hold again. X

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

Glad it went well

over a year ago

"Glad it went well "

Thanks x

By *orthampton jamesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"So today I’ve got to have a colonoscopy following an eventual diagnosis of diverticulitis. I’m sure the prep for it has been designed as an instrument of torture.

I’ve not been able to have a cup of tea or no solid food since yesterday morning and the awful moviprep I’ve got to drink tastes and smells awful. So all in all I’m feeling sorry for myself and need cheering up. X "

I've had this done, not pleasant I agree but flavour the yuck with a little orange squash, makes it bearable, I've the diverticular problem, you will be fine. James

over a year ago

I’ve not been able to have a cup of tea or no solid food since yesterday morning and the awful moviprep I’ve got to drink tastes and smells awful. So all in all I’m feeling sorry for myself and need cheering up. X I've had this done, not pleasant I agree but flavour the yuck with a little orange squash, makes it bearable, I've the diverticular problem, you will be fine. James "

Thanks x

over a year ago

"Thanks all, done and dusted. I had the entinox as it was slightly uncomfortable at times but thankfully everything is looking good. I did have to have a polyp removed but it’s not diverticulitis like I was told. So back to the undiagnosed abdomen pain, and my life is on hold again. X "

glad it went well.

fingers crossed for a diagnosis asap x

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m glad it went well today Angie x

over a year ago

Glad it went well. Time to hit the forums..its almost like a nice cuppa to take your mind off it all these days

Post new Message to Thread