Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Bugger for savings though.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bloody typical isn't it. Interest rates were high when I was a borrower but are barely existant now that I have savings

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Bloody typical isn't it. Interest rates were high when I was a borrower but are barely existant now that I have savings"

Welcome to capitalism buddy

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

It's bad news for savers

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"It's bad news for savers "

Perhaps just sticking it in the bank and expecting interest isn’t the way ahead in the modern economy.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"It's bad news for savers

Perhaps just sticking it in the bank and expecting interest isn’t the way ahead in the modern economy. "

Exactly. But it shouldn't be that way.

over a year ago

"Bloody typical isn't it. Interest rates were high when I was a borrower but are barely existant now that I have savings"

I can look after your savings if you need.. Lol

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"It's bad news for savers

Perhaps just sticking it in the bank and expecting interest isn’t the way ahead in the modern economy. "

Always good to have a nest egg you can get at though.

Couple on here have got me interested in gold. Maybe next option.

over a year ago

Mortgage rate comes down though

By *estofbothCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Great for those with mortgages and loans it seems.

Interest rate has always been useless for savings anyway so way we see it it’s a win for people that needed it to drop and no real difference to those who didn’t.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Very bad news for pensions.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Great for those with mortgages and loans it seems.

Interest rate has always been useless for savings anyway so way we see it it’s a win for people that needed it to drop and no real difference to those who didn’t. "

Only good if you're on variable rate, or you are coming up to change from a current fixed rate deal. Those on fixed rate deals (which I think most people tend to do) won't see a difference in their payments.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Very bad news for pensions."

The way the markets have gone over the last week or 2 ... the current situation is bad for pensions generally.

Longer term view it will bounce back, but right now market forces are not looking rosy

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Interest rate has always been useless for savings anyway so way we see it it’s a win for people that needed it to drop and no real difference to those who didn’t.

Only good if you're on variable rate, or you are coming up to change from a current fixed rate deal. Those on fixed rate deals (which I think most people tend to do) won't see a difference in their payments. "

Have many people stuck to fixed rates co spidering the length of time interest rates have been so low and not much likelyhood of them soaring?

over a year ago

Only good if you're on variable rate, or you are coming up to change from a current fixed rate deal. Those on fixed rate deals (which I think most people tend to do) won't see a difference in their payments. "

Even on a variable rate, they don’t pass it on immediately if at all.

over a year ago

Only good if you're on variable rate, or you are coming up to change from a current fixed rate deal. Those on fixed rate deals (which I think most people tend to do) won't see a difference in their payments.

Have many people stuck to fixed rates co spidering the length of time interest rates have been so low and not much likelyhood of them soaring? "

I didn’t. I kept it on variable when mine ended

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

As has often been said, savers have been the sacrificial lamb for the 2008 crash.

Post new Message to Thread