Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Interview

Jump to newest

By *otNew OP   Man
over a year ago

Nearby

I have an interview tomorrow, my first since being made redundant a couple of weeks ago, which made me think....

What's the worst thing you've said / done in an interview? (and did you get the job??)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

At my current place of employment I was asked if I prefer "Chris or Christopher". To which I said "Christopher as I think Chris is common", completely forgetting that the HR manager who was interviewing me was called Chris.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

If it’s a woman interviewing you for a watchmakers job make sure you slap your knob on the desk and tell her to put two ands and a face on that

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I answered the question "so Sarah, tell me about yourself" with "my friend's got a horse" followed by the longest silence in the history of man while we just sat looking at each other.

I did not get the job.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"At my current place of employment I was asked if I prefer "Chris or Christopher". To which I said "Christopher as I think Chris is common", completely forgetting that the HR manager who was interviewing me was called Chris. "

Did you not think it an odd question when your name is Robert?

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

No, my name is Christopher

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

Hi, I'm Chloe and I'm on FAB !! O , and I like it up the chuff!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Whats your worst personality flaw?

I think I'm too honest.

I don't think that's a flaw

Couldn't give a fuck what you think

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Never had a joy interview, what have I been missing out on?

By *otNew OP   Man
over a year ago

Nearby

"I answered the question "so Sarah, tell me about yourself" with "my friend's got a horse" followed by the longest silence in the history of man while we just sat looking at each other.

I did not get the job."

Ha ha! I can't imagine why not!

over a year ago

Haha I came off 5 night shifts and 5 house sleep within a week and had to do a demonstration of task.

I had 8 mins to present I lasted 30 seconds and spoke at a million miles an hour lmao I actually got the job and I was so nervous I even unbutton my cuff and fastened em like 6 times lol

I even got the job

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

Many years ago when my son was still a baby I was asked if I planned on having more children. I pointed out they had no right to ask. I got the job

over a year ago

I went out with my friend and her bf last year.A guy in the pub we was in tried to grab my bum so I called him a pervy freak and my friends bf also had a go at him.

Weeks later the same guy was sat in the reception area of my parents company waiting to have a interview

All as I said to my mom was that guy tried to touch me weeks ago in the pub.I didn't say don't employ him but I knew that what I said played a part in his interview not lasting very long.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I went out with my friend and her bf last year.A guy in the pub we was in tried to grab my bum so I called him a pervy freak and my friends bf also had a go at him.

Weeks later the same guy was sat in the reception area of my parents company waiting to have a interview

All as I said to my mom was that guy tried to touch me weeks ago in the pub.I didn't say don't employ him but I knew that what I said played a part in his interview not lasting very long."

Serves him right for being a creep!

Post new Message to Thread