By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"How do u get over sum1? "

Time.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Sadly, the old adage of time it's a great healer is so very true ...

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

You give it time. That’s all you can do. And keep busy.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Have them shot by firing squad

over a year ago

If you find out let me know, because 8 months later I still dont have the answer, if youd like to chat about anything I'm happy to offer a friendly ear or rather eyes as I'd be reading lol

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Voodoo doll. And time. Lots & lots of time xx

J x

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"How do u get over sum1?

Time."

First answer nailed it.

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Get under many many people

Plus time

By *miableRogueMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Time. Hobbies. I joined a darts team

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Get under someone else.

Jokes aside. Time, friends and patience. Don't force yourself to heal x

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Keep.your mind busy and mix with as many people as you can. Time does the rest xx

By *mcouple2Couple
over a year ago

Warrington

Get under someone. X

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Just keep reminding yourself there will be better days , and then later there will be fantastic, amazing days. Very hard to imagine & believe that now, but it’s true, I promise !

By *mcouple2Couple
over a year ago

Warrington

"Voodoo doll. And time. Lots & lots of time xx

J x"

Voodoo doll x brilliant x

over a year ago

Get out with friends, enjoy life being single and when you can just do those small things you wish you did but never got round to doing. Really is a good help.

But hope you find your feet soon OP

over a year ago

Fuck someone else

over a year ago

Do stuff to try and forget. In the end you will forget but it can take a long time.

over a year ago

It hurts.

It hurts like hell and makes you fearful to love again. Nobody wants to experience that kind of physical and emotional pain again.

You grieve.

Grief is painful.

People can question "how can you grieve for someone that hasn't died?"

I'm assuming they haven't, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong, truly sorry.

But you DO grieve. You grieve for the future you had planned and lost, you grieve for the relationship, you grieve for the partnership and the partner that you were. You do lose part of yourself there's no denying it.

But, something that is also true... today is a new day, as was yesterday and as tomorrow will be. With each new day there's a new dawn, new possibilities and new challenges. Each one that comes and goes is one that you've proved to yourself that you can do it without them, even if it hurts like a bitch and is tough.

Time helps, "what ifs" really don't. The past cannot be changed but the future can.

Be kind to yourself.

Be your own friend.

Get a punch bag if you need to, eat a cake if it'll help but don't forget to look after yourself, because you're worth it.

P

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"It hurts.

It hurts like hell and makes you fearful to love again. Nobody wants to experience that kind of physical and emotional pain again.

You grieve.

Grief is painful.

But you DO grieve. You grieve for the future you had planned and lost, you grieve for the relationship, you grieve for the partnership and the partner that you were. You do lose part of yourself there's no denying it.

But, something that is also true... today is a new day, as was yesterday and as tomorrow will be. With each new day there's a new dawn, new possibilities and new challenges. Each one that comes and goes is one that you've proved to yourself that you can do it without them, even if it hurts like a bitch and is tough.

Time helps, "what ifs" really don't. The past cannot be changed but the future can.

Be kind to yourself.

Be your own friend.

Get a punch bag if you need to, eat a cake if it'll help but don't forget to look after yourself, because you're worth it.

P"

This. Voodoo doll takes less typing though

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

It's not easy. Still getting over my slave and it's been 3 years. My heart was broken.

Hang on in there xx

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

For some it just takes time to get over them. Each one takes a different length of time.

For others you never truely do get over them. You learn to live with it though and eventually do adapt to it along side with moving on.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It hurts.

You grieve.

Grief is painful.

Be kind to yourself.

Be your own friend.

P"

over a year ago

Some people you will never 100% get over losing others you move on from it hurts now it may hurt tomorrow and the next day but there will come a time where the pain gets less and you will find happiness again take it from me life is short dont dwell on what was or what could have been. Live every day like it is your last because one day it will be

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

"It hurts.

You grieve.

Grief is painful.

Be kind to yourself.

Be your own friend.

P"

Great answer from someone that is either really empathetic or has been there and survived.

What’s for you will not go by you in life. Better days are ahead. Embrace the pain almost, it reminds you how special the time you had was. It also means you can heal more quickly and discover much better times in the exciting future xx

over a year ago

Get out there and shag someone else. Do all the things with the new fella that you never done with the old one

over a year ago

It sucks. Deal with it, as and when you are able, there are no rules.

Be kind to yourself, fall in love with yourself again, then you will realise what you have to offer was too much for them.

Then you can move on..

over a year ago

I lost my wife a few years back... I still wear the wedding ring... Still cry about it.. and Time is the best thing on my side... No matter how many or few women I meet.. it's never the same... I'm always here now for people to chat to.. message.. coffee... That sort of thing.. my aim in life changed to "help others".. and to NOT be selfish x

But... I still like to be close "intimately" with someone.. just not everyone!

over a year ago

Some loss you always carry in your heart. With time it's easier to bear.

What Equisite Deviance said is pretty spot on x

Post new Message to Thread