Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Single Male Advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi All,

I am a single guy who used to be on here as a couple but has now fallen back to be a lone wolf.

Obviously; this type of environment is very challenging for single guys. Being genuine, reliable, and non-pushy helps, but I was looking to try and get any advice from women/couples about what makes a good single male profile that stands out?

I am slowly getting back into using this site and the scene and would like to put together a profile that is honest but appealing to the people I am hopefully looking to connect with and who could be looking for a guy like me.

Just seeking genuine advice as a genuine guy so no hate, please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

**Watches thread intently**

over a year ago

(I will be changing the profile name as soon as I become a Gold Supporter, by the way. I just wanted to keep this profile and change it to a single male one as I am verified as being a genuine guy by lots of nice people).

By *hom_1981Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Join the queue fella!!!

over a year ago

Maybe; but I'm genuinely interested in hearing advice and improving my profile/appeal to people. Always happy to change how I approach people etc.

over a year ago

Hey. So more pics are definitely required. Also your text is missing the oomph...

over a year ago

I'd hide your veri summary and just leave it as the green tick. People WILL jump to conclusions and assume that the 9 men met will have been for bum fun and that you're just another chancer using being in a couple as an excuse rather than a valid reason.

And those that accept the reason will be wondering if you're not quite over your previous relationship, as hanging onto the profile *could* signify that subliminally, and if you're not over it, then how reliable will you be or will you feel guilty afterwards and block all contact even though the person you meet has done nothing wrong? See how things can snowball from the slightest of things and how stuff can be interpreted?

Make it about you now, not you then.

P

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

Personally I would say that advice leads to dilution of who YOU are.

over a year ago

"Personally I would say that advice leads to dilution of who YOU are. "

I agree with this massively, which is why I tend not to advise as a rule when it comes to profiles. I feel they should be a representation of the person, their attitude and personality rather than something that's been moulded by others. I did however in this instance feel it was fair to offer a perspective that the OP may not have considered, as my perspective is from an angle that if isn't true, probably wouldn't have even entered the OPs head.

P

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"Personally I would say that advice leads to dilution of who YOU are.

I agree with this massively, which is why I tend not to advise as a rule when it comes to profiles. I feel they should be a representation of the person, their attitude and personality rather than something that's been moulded by others. I did however in this instance feel it was fair to offer a perspective that the OP may not have considered, as my perspective is from an angle that if isn't true, probably wouldn't have even entered the OPs head.

P"

I agree, especially the verification summary. OP seems to have also incorporated the reason for keeping the profile

over a year ago

Thanks for all of the replies

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

It’s all about being genuine

over a year ago

Fucking hell of a pair of quads

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

What's the "shag a slag" movement OP?

By *wink loverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm far from being an expert, I'm definitely not your target audience and don't mean this to sound dickish... but your profile reads a bit like a CV and probably doesn't bring out your personality. And your photos could be judged to be a bit self indulgent.

As a combination, that could come across as your personality being all about the gym and how you look.

Hope that makes sense.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

You come across as pretty good and I'd respond if you messaged me, as I largely go via profiles, if the messages aren't a turnoff.

I'd suggest limiting anything that could be perceived as negative, so that your content remains positive about you, what you have to offerand want etc. Slurs against some types of people, even if the reader isn't of that type, is perhaps not needed and could be a bit off putting. If subconscious check scoring devalues a perception of you, having had a lot of positive checks, it would be sad. I think your humour comes across but it's easy for people not to read profiles as studiously as exam materials, as we get so many mailing, many will just get a quicker review.

I'd probably limit the content, like you're not too sure what to include, as it's better to just include what you think and let others decide if they think you're right and of further interest. You'll do really well, if you continue, stay flexible and try ideas out for your content and style.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Also be wary of posting status updates, that could deter others if they have some perceived negativity - such as your current one

over a year ago

Quite rightly you can be proud of your physique. But you are going to turn guys on. So if hetero is for you, a face pic and some good old heart to heart chat.

over a year ago

"Hi All,

I am a single guy who used to be on here as a couple but has now fallen back to be a lone wolf.

Obviously; this type of environment is very challenging for single guys. Being genuine, reliable, and non-pushy helps, but I was looking to try and get any advice from women/couples about what makes a good single male profile that stands out?

I am slowly getting back into using this site and the scene and would like to put together a profile that is honest but appealing to the people I am hopefully looking to connect with and who could be looking for a guy like me.

Just seeking genuine advice as a genuine guy so no hate, please "

I'm looking for similar advice but only from gorgeous women and I'm more laid back and reliable than the Op

over a year ago

Just be an arsehole, it's what they expect and it's wrong to disappoint..

over a year ago

Treat them mean, keep them keen!

Works every time

By *uff the Boner!Man
over a year ago

SWANSEA

Dont do it! Stay home with Mum, and get a good job!

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Maybe; but I'm genuinely interested in hearing advice and improving my profile/appeal to people. Always happy to change how I approach people etc. "

My take

You should not want or need to know

You should craft your profile to attract those who may interest you not the other way round that's just random hopeful indiscriminate and nearing in desperate

Be proud of you those who want you will come

Moulding yourself to the most common denominator is not that attractive to the special ones who can spot generic trite a mile away xxx

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi All,

Just seeking genuine advice as a genuine guy so no hate, please "

Yours is perfect.

Post new Message to Thread