Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your day vs my “Corporate” days

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have the lovely pleasure of spending a day welcoming me to the company. I was supposed to do this in my first month (I’ve been here nearly 7 now) and it’s mandatory.

Several talks from different people including the CEO who is making an appearance! YAY!

Probably should have come in a shirt and trousers but I opted for jeans and jumper. On days like this I can count on fab to save me from becoming mind numbingly bored.

On the plus side, free sandwiches and coffees!

What is everyone else doing on their Monday morning? How was the weekend been?? And those who are in bed or have the day off need not comment!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well this is as entertaining as the corporate day!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I have the lovely pleasure of spending a day welcoming me to the company. I was supposed to do this in my first month (I’ve been here nearly 7 now) and it’s mandatory.

Several talks from different people including the CEO who is making an appearance! YAY!

Probably should have come in a shirt and trousers but I opted for jeans and jumper. On days like this I can count on fab to save me from becoming mind numbingly bored.

On the plus side, free sandwiches and coffees!

What is everyone else doing on their Monday morning? How was the weekend been?? And those who are in bed or have the day off need not comment!!!"

I'm self employed, i had a corporate talk once and the next thing i knew i was being bundled into the back of a van by a couple of men in white coats.

over a year ago

I never got the induction from my last employer and never signed a contract which included the confidentiality clause. It was only picked up when I left and I declined to sign it then. Oh, the stories I could tell......

over a year ago

Have they got you team building yet...?

Probably about time for the first tea/coffee break - 1015-1030ish?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Just say 'large company day'. It sounds less pretentious

over a year ago

I just held a meeting with myself in the conference room, it went well, some great ideas thrown about & the PP presentation was Fab! Struggling with the responses received so far & looking forward to taking myself out for a well deserved lunch at Greggs, always good to treat the staff

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Im trying to negotatiate here at the minute. so far it is not going well with responses such as blah blah blah and growling noises. All i want for them is to get dressed ffs. Is it really too much to ask

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I was meant to have a meet I was really looking forward to, but got cancelled. Ho hum.

So cleaning and tidying it is for me then... lol

Post new Message to Thread