Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Here I am, a woman

Jump to newest

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

International Women's Day has got me navel gazing.

I'm a woman in a "traditional" nuclear family, and I'm a feminist.

I work part-time and have shaped my career around my children, and I'm a feminist.

Sometimes I like to dress up, wear make-up, get my nails and hair done, and I'm a feminist.

Sometimes I enjoy casual sex with strangers, and being treated as a sex object by men, and I'm a feminist.

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feminism is about empowering us all to be who we want to be, our best authentic selves.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nothing to discuss

You’re living your life the way you want and it makes you happy.

Regardless of the gender - we should all do this

over a year ago

"Nothing to discuss

"

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Good luck... doing what you are comfortable with doesn’t make you a feminist... makes you a confident person

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Nothing to discuss

"

Love this. It's so true, at times I've struggled with how I identify myself and the actions I take. I'm learning that being true to me (while being a good person!) is the best way to be. If that means I enjoy getting my foof waxed and my new found enjoyment of basic makeup, so be it. My core values and beliefs aren't changed from that enjoyment.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Feminism isn't about saying that traditional gender roles are wrong, more that they are AN option rather than THE option. Its about choice .

over a year ago

"International Women's Day has got me navel gazing.

I work part-time and have shaped my career around my children, and I'm a feminist.

Sometimes I like to dress up, wear make-up, get my nails and hair done, and I'm a feminist.

Sometimes I enjoy casual sex with strangers, and being treated as a sex object by men, and I'm a feminist.

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x"

its a bit like being gay as long as you don't shove it down my throat I'm ok with it

over a year ago

"Nothing to discuss

Love this. It's so true, at times I've struggled with how I identify myself and the actions I take. I'm learning that being true to me (while being a good person!) is the best way to be. If that means I enjoy getting my foof waxed and my new found enjoyment of basic makeup, so be it. My core values and beliefs aren't changed from that enjoyment. "

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

"Good luck... doing what you are comfortable with doesn’t make you a feminist... makes you a confident person "

Ah, but as a woman, it does. We are still very much judged on our career, childcare and sexual choices.

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN xits a bit like being gay as long as you don't shove it down my throat I'm ok with it "

What would constitute "shoving it down your throat?"

over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x"

What does a feminist mean to you? X

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Feminism to me is about having the options and opportunity to be whoever I want to be.

To me it's been about learning my own worth isn't based only on my looks and being a "good wife" whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

I am myriad of things depending on the situation, don't just define on my gender alone

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Good luck... doing what you are comfortable with doesn’t make you a feminist... makes you a confident person

Ah, but as a woman, it does. We are still very much judged on our career, childcare and sexual choices. "

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

It’s a mans world

But he would be nothing without a woman or a girl

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Feminism isn't about saying that traditional gender roles are wrong, more that they are AN option rather than THE option. Its about choice ."

Absolutely.

over a year ago

Be true to your self.

Im an independant woman. I work. I wear make up when i want even wear a bra when i want. Ladies we dont need a label.just be happy with yourself.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think we still need feminism. And I will continue to identify as such.

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x

What does a feminist mean to you? X"

It means making choices because they are right for me and my family, not because I "should". It means not being ashamed of my sexuality. It means showing my children that you can choose your own path in life. What about you?

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Some powerful responses Thanks everyone! x

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x"

Nothing to discuss really. You're enjoying your life and having the freedom and opportunity to make your own choices in a free society. More power to you

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Good luck... doing what you are comfortable with doesn’t make you a feminist... makes you a confident person

Ah, but as a woman, it does. We are still very much judged on our career, childcare and sexual choices. "

You’re all over this stuff, be proud

over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN xits a bit like being gay as long as you don't shove it down my throat I'm ok with it

What would constitute "shoving it down your throat?" "

making it overly obvious in my company, I'm a gent I'm never rude always thoughtful about the other person, i don’t have a need to constantly talk about sex or how horny i am or to make a woman feel she isn't my equal or indeed my superior, i enjoy life

over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x

It means making choices because they are right for me and my family, not because I "should". It means not being ashamed of my sexuality. It means showing my children that you can choose your own path in life. What about you?

"

It means nothing to me but I like your answer as it is forward-thinking. It also paradoxically, shows individual thought too

over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x"

Me too. X

By *enn68Man
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Do what you like

Be what you want

Have what you need

And dont let the Bstards grind you down

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN x

It means nothing to me but I like your answer as it is forward-thinking. It also paradoxically, shows individual thought too "

Thank you. How is showing individual thought a paradox?

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Discuss...

Mrs TMN xits a bit like being gay as long as you don't shove it down my throat I'm ok with it

What would constitute "shoving it down your throat?" making it overly obvious in my company, I'm a gent I'm never rude always thoughtful about the other person, i don’t have a need to constantly talk about sex or how horny i am or to make a woman feel she isn't my equal or indeed my superior, i enjoy life "

OK. Can you give an example of making it "overly obvious?" I honestly don't know what you mean by that.

Post new Message to Thread