Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Unlucky in love. Why gay and bi dating with guys just never works

By *etalFusion OP   Man
over a year ago

Swindon

Two guys arrange to meet in the same place, at the same time. But it’s never that easy. Having been single for over 10.5 years, I’ve been through the emotional pain of being rejected, ignored or the other guy always having other priorities in his life. I’m always put on the "back burner" and if I message him, I may be lucky and get a reply, but usually the other guy is too busy or just goes quiet. No I’m not clingy, I don’t message guys too much and I’m always very clean and reliable, so I’m doing nothing wrong.

In reality, there are plenty of other younger and better looking guys who he would prefer to meet, despite how ‘busy’ he claims to be. He would suddenly make time in his ‘busy’ life to meet someone else over me, especially a fit younger guy. I’m getting scarily closer to 40 each passing day!

True love with guys is something that only happens to the lucky few. Usually it’s broken hearts, saying goodbyes and suffering the emotional pain for a long time, wondering if I will die alone.

But sometimes it has been the other way around, when a few guys have been smitten with me, but I didn’t feel the same way about them or they have too much baggage or too many problems in their lives.

So when it comes to meeting a guy, even for just casual fun, I’m used to him always coming up with endless excuses to avoid meeting. He’s always "busy with work", becomes unwell at the last minute, has a ‘family emergency’, he’s fell asleep, can’t drive over because he’s had a drink, his kid has been sick at school and must come home or he just goes silent. You get the idea.

No more dating for me. It’s looking 100% certain that I will die alone when I’m old, but along the way I will see my friends and family, go out places (alone or with others) and enjoy my hobbies. If you are happily in love with the right person, you are lucky it has worked out for you, but I have accepted my fate. If you’re also unlucky in love, you’re not the only one feeling like nobody wants you. Appreciate all the other nice things in life and realise that you don’t "need" love and you’d be surprised just how much you can do on your own or with your family and friends.

I don’t know about women because I’m only into guys, so can’t comment on how dating with women works.

Anyone else agree with this? Please comment.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread