Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Birthdays...

Jump to newest

By *az080378 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

Do you look forward to yours and always plan something special or do you tend to ignore them and stay at home?

Has your feelings about them changed as you got older?

I have only ever celebrated my birthday once as an adult and that's only because a gif I wanted to go to happened to fall on the same day!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

I dont like receiving gifts, it puts me out of my comfort zone (feelings about my own self worth). But if I shared someone's company ie meal out and I paid for myself, that would be ok. On the flipside I love to buy people gifts and make their day special. Although this coming Birthday my lovely friend has booked us both on a 5k 28 inflatable obstacle race! In my naivety I thought we were going on a spa day!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I hate being the centre of attention (yes really ) so I prefer to spend it just with my other half and kids, the idea of a big party isn't appealing to me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nope i dont like celebrating mine..maybe because as a kid they were always crap and a big let down(crappy mum).

By *az080378 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

"I dont like receiving gifts, it puts me out of my comfort zone (feelings about my own self worth). But if I shared someone's company ie meal out and I paid for myself, that would be ok. On the flipside I love to buy people gifts and make their day special. Although this coming Birthday my lovely friend has booked us both on a 5k 28 inflatable obstacle race! In my naivety I thought we were going on a spa day! "

Good luck with that!!!

I'm the same,receiving gifts is really awkward and uncomfortable,for the same reasons as yourself, but I always enjoy spoiling people and making birthdays special for others

By *az080378 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

"I hate being the centre of attention (yes really ) so I prefer to spend it just with my other half and kids, the idea of a big party isn't appealing to me. "

I never know how I'm supposed to react being the centre of attention, I try not to let my boys know it's my birthday either!!

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"I dont like receiving gifts, it puts me out of my comfort zone (feelings about my own self worth). But if I shared someone's company ie meal out and I paid for myself, that would be ok. On the flipside I love to buy people gifts and make their day special. Although this coming Birthday my lovely friend has booked us both on a 5k 28 inflatable obstacle race! In my naivety I thought we were going on a spa day!

Good luck with that!!!

I'm the same,receiving gifts is really awkward and uncomfortable,for the same reasons as yourself, but I always enjoy spoiling people and making birthdays special for others"

Thanks x

By *az080378 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

"Nope i dont like celebrating mine..maybe because as a kid they were always crap and a big let down(crappy mum). "

I think my dislike comes from being a kid too,same with Christmas

Post new Message to Thread