Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Romance on a meet

Jump to newest

By *nlyIfItsWorthIt OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I don't know if I'm getting old or just old fashioned but if I'm going on a date from here (for example) is it wrong of me to try to express a little romance or do you ladies (and gents) just prefer to get jiggly with it?

Cheers peeps x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think a little bit of romance is lovely ....

over a year ago

Newcastle

"I think a little bit of romance is lovely ....

"

Glad I'm not the only one - after all, the brain is the largest sexual organ x

over a year ago

Glad I'm not the only one - after all, the brain is the largest sexual organ x"

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I like a bit of romance, all adds to the atmosphere

over a year ago

Sensuality but not romance...well not when they are balls deep anyway!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It depends how you define romance - but I certainly like something more than just the sex - whether that be doing something socially, just sitting chatting and laughing or loads of other things too

By *urvyandCurious999Woman
over a year ago

Hiding from twats

Fun, flirting, friendship, yes. Romance only with someone special.

over a year ago

What do you mean by romance?

over a year ago

Newcastle

"What do you mean by romance?"

Something that gets you in the mood but isn't sexual.

over a year ago

I would imagine it’s easier for a guy to have some romantic feelings from a woman here than it is for a woman to have romantic feelings off a guy from here.

over a year ago

"I don't know if I'm getting old or just old fashioned but if I'm going on a date from here (for example) is it wrong of me to try to express a little romance or do you ladies (and gents) just prefer to get jiggly with it?

Cheers peeps x"

I like a bit of romance, but it depends on the person I guess?

over a year ago

I would treat a Fab date like any other date and if I saw a moment to be romantic I would go for it. I dont think we are old fashioned op, I think it's more that we are just romantic people. I wouldn't overdo it or be extravagant though unless I was going steady with someone, so there is a line but there is definitely an area there for mystery also

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with it if the other person is comfortable with it. I enjoy "romantic" aspects during fab meets if it is with someone I care about; it can be lovely to hold hands or have a nice shower together or... *runs out of possible things*

over a year ago

Newcastle

So glad my attitude is still common place.

Holding hands is especially nice.

over a year ago

"No, I don't think there's anything wrong with it if the other person is comfortable with it. I enjoy "romantic" aspects during fab meets if it is with someone I care about; it can be lovely to hold hands or have a nice shower together or... *runs out of possible things*"

*runs out of possible things....*

Meli, there’s snuggling and tickling and snuggling and cooking and snuggling and eating and snuggling

I likes the snuggling

over a year ago

"So glad my attitude is still common place.

Holding hands is especially nice. "

I’ve held hands with men I’ve met ... i didn’t feel the need to ask why ... it just felt natural

Enjoy what you do

over a year ago

"I don't know if I'm getting old or just old fashioned but if I'm going on a date from here (for example) is it wrong of me to try to express a little romance or do you ladies (and gents) just prefer to get jiggly with it?

Cheers peeps x"

Here’s my humble views;

A meet from here is just that for me - social then fun

A meet from a dating site can include romance

The difference being dating site dates have potential to lead to something regular and exclusive.

I don’t want any level of romance on a Fab meet as I am not willing to risk getting emotionally involved with someone for what will only ever be an occasional shag.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It depends, flowers no, chocolate maybe, lovey dovey stuff no thanks. But closeness, a bit of tenderness is nice, just getting jiggy with it is so cold ~ it's difficult to get the balance right if you ask me!

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Intimacy, romance, respect, playful, warmth ... whatever you want to call it. Read her, let her read you and go with the flow ! I love depth to my meets. I'm not interested if it's just 'jiggy'.

(Unless it's spring, full moon and I'm ovulating, in which case fuck that shit.. Im pure carnal jiggy witch )

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think of romance as doing special things for each other on a smaller or larger scale. I genuinely don't want that from the people we meet. Is it because I'm part of a couple I wonder?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"No, I don't think there's anything wrong with it if the other person is comfortable with it. I enjoy "romantic" aspects during fab meets if it is with someone I care about; it can be lovely to hold hands or have a nice shower together or... *runs out of possible things*

*runs out of possible things....*

Meli, there’s snuggling and tickling and snuggling and cooking and snuggling and eating and snuggling

I likes the snuggling "

Good list! How could I forget the joys of a good snuggle? I love a good snuggle when you're in that post coital daze and talking nonsense and just content to be with the other. And a nice head rub as well. Tickling is something I've never tried before! I shall rectify that soon.

over a year ago

"What do you mean by romance?

Something that gets you in the mood but isn't sexual. "

Well I would hope that would be a given.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Im romantic on all my dates, I'm very tactile as well so if a male cannot handle that I wouldn't meet him.

over a year ago

Just having a meal with someone can be romantic purely because of the ambiance, but general chit chat and flow can take away that vibe if its uncalled for.

Holding hands can develop just because both people are tactile and anxious to get a hold of each other, it is seen as romantic if intended that way but it doesn't have to be.

Say you get chatting to someone who has a thing for people in uniform and you surprise them by turning up for your social dressed as an officer and a gentleman, that could be seen as romantic whereas I would call that a good strategy lol people definitely perceive romance differently in different situations but if it's a small gesture it shouldn't be a big deal on a Fab date I wouldnt think. As long as the sex is good

over a year ago

25th reply

over a year ago

It depends on who I am meeting and why

over a year ago

"I would imagine it’s easier for a guy to have some romantic feelings from a woman here than it is for a woman to have romantic feelings off a guy from here. "

So far off topic... I love your profile blurb. Amazing.

over a year ago

Oh how I miss romance. It’s been a long time since I experienced genuine romance and I’m craving it right now!

over a year ago

As a single man I'm always open to romance on a Fab date.... If you both feel it, savour it!

over a year ago

Romance?

Maybe seek out the singles seeking singles. Plenty in the forum

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Glad I'm not the only one - after all, the brain is the largest sexual organ x"

“You haven’t seen what’s behind this codpiece” said in the best Lord Flasheart voice.

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

For me, I like a bit of passion, not romance.

There's nothing like a meet where you have a mental connection as well as a physical one..it's magic if you're attracted on both of those levels, but romance? No.

over a year ago

"I would imagine it’s easier for a guy to have some romantic feelings from a woman here than it is for a woman to have romantic feelings off a guy from here.

So far off topic... I love your profile blurb. Amazing."

thanks

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I think that romance only works within a relationship but sensuality and a sense of physical and mental connection are important elsewhere.

over a year ago

I guess it really depends on the dynamics of the particular meet.

By *r easy1981Man
over a year ago

leeds

Nice meal few drinks and a giggle can’t beat it

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Not romance, but yes to fun and flirty before action.

over a year ago

I think if you’re looking for romance on here then you’re setting yourself up for a fall. Expect nothing, fill your boots with sex or whatever else you can get out of the site. That’s what I’m doing.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I love Romance

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I think if you’re looking for romance on here then you’re setting yourself up for a fall. Expect nothing, fill your boots with sex or whatever else you can get out of the site. That’s what I’m doing. "

People have had success with romance on here and gone on to have long term relationships/marriage. Perhaps keeping an open mind but without high expectations is the way forward.

By *itonmyfacebookMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

When you have a social and it's going well and all the signs that's it's going to be more than just a drink and chat kick in can be kinda romantic.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I do not class meets on here as dates. No romance for me but some teasing and flirting is always good.

over a year ago

Newcastle

Glad I'm not the only one - after all, the brain is the largest sexual organ x

“You haven’t seen what’s behind this codpiece” said in the best Lord Flasheart voice."

Don't worry, I have a cunning plan

over a year ago

I don't want romance /'couple' experience

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I think if you’re looking for romance on here then you’re setting yourself up for a fall. Expect nothing, fill your boots with sex or whatever else you can get out of the site. That’s what I’m doing.

People have had success with romance on here and gone on to have long term relationships/marriage. Perhaps keeping an open mind but without high expectations is the way forward."

Open mind is always a good plan, just see what happens....

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Depends on the situation. If the guy wants a bit of a date-like build up then I'm happy to go along with it. As long as I get sex at the end of it

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Tell her she’s beautiful, sexy, intelligent, gorgeous, don't take your eyes off her, ask her hundreds of questions, treat her like a princess, shower her with gifts, but don't under any circumstances, say the L word

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I like friendliness, warmth, conversation. But not romance. Any emotional intimacy for me comes from friendship.

over a year ago

"I like friendliness, warmth, conversation. But not romance. Any emotional intimacy for me comes from friendship."

Yes!! This

By *heshirefungirlWoman
over a year ago

ammanford

I think the problem is everyone has different views on romance/make love than they do of a fab meet

And people want or expect different things

Me personally I like repeat meets,some of my play mates have been in my life over a decade and are now some of my best friends, and they know lots about me and my life and they know how my body reacts best to being touched, we get passionate but not romantic, I like to chat ease in to the moment build up kisses and touching, forplay, sex, orgasms then cuddles

I would hate a wam bam thank you mam kinda meet, straight in to the sex with no build up, no passion or lust, shoot his load then off they pop

By *ndy64hMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

I think it can enhance the experience if 2 people connect romantically, I know most probably just want to enjoy the sex. But having sex, and making love are 2 separate experiences, that little touch of romance could make all the difference.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes

over a year ago

Definitely

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

What I enjoy about having sexual companions is its the gf/bf kind of experience without the committed relationship. Don't rule/impact each other's lives and no commitments beyond agreed social and sexual aspects. It's like fwb but more sexually intimate.

A non committal romance/relationship

By *amesidetopshaggerlolMan
over a year ago

Ashton under Lyne

I enjoy diffrent kinds of sex sometimes i enjoy slow passionate sex with kissing and i all so enjoy hard rough sex where i go as fast as i can man handling aggressive hard fucking depends on the situations

over a year ago

"I think of romance as doing special things for each other on a smaller or larger scale. I genuinely don't want that from the people we meet. Is it because I'm part of a couple I wonder?"

Ooo you got a title now, is that new today, or did I just notice?

By *ouple36DDCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I don’t mind a bit of romance on a meet. We normally meet guys for a drink before hand so I don’t mind a kiss or a bit of flirting. I’ve even held hands with the guy as we head back to our flat. I enjoy kissing and lots of foreplay so that’s Important before we have sex.

Post new Message to Thread