Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rocasea

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else have it? What meds have you taken? Creams or gels do sod all for me. I was in repeat prescription back when in Essex for oxytetracycline tablets( I think ) but moved north and they wouldn't prescribe it. Put me on a gel I told them did that nothing!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My mum has it on her nose. The skin has thickened and gets really sore. Doctors are bloody useless.

Have you seen a dermatologist?

By *lwenWoman
over a year ago

De12 area

I have it.. And I alternate between a cream and a gel..when I get a spotty outbreak Never been offered tablets.. But I'd like something that takes some of the redness away if anyone knows anything that helps

over a year ago

I have it. I am presribed Rosex, an antibacterial cream. Seems to work fairly well as i only occasionally get a spot now, when i do thou i put Tea Tree Oil cream on it aswell as the Rosex, it soon goes.

over a year ago

"I have it.. And I alternate between a cream and a gel..when I get a spotty outbreak Never been offered tablets.. But I'd like something that takes some of the redness away if anyone knows anything that helps "

There is a cream that helps with the redness, google might help i think, as far as i know its prescription only.

over a year ago

"Anyone else have it? What meds have you taken? Creams or gels do sod all for me. I was in repeat prescription back when in Essex for oxytetracycline tablets( I think ) but moved north and they wouldn't prescribe it. Put me on a gel I told them did that nothing!"

Have you looked at your diet? That can have a huge affect, as can alcohol consumption.

Do you wash your face with anything, put anything on it?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Open your pores with hot water. Wash. Rinse. Close them with cold water.

As said above diet can play a part.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I mean wash with good old fashioned soap like coal tar.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Anyone else have it? What meds have you taken? Creams or gels do sod all for me. I was in repeat prescription back when in Essex for oxytetracycline tablets( I think ) but moved north and they wouldn't prescribe it. Put me on a gel I told them did that nothing!

Have you looked at your diet? That can have a huge affect, as can alcohol consumption.

Do you wash your face with anything, put anything on it? "

My diet doesn't really change. Hardly drink so it's not flared up from that. I use a charcoal face wash to clear my skin.

Docs finally given me the tablets I was on repeat prescription back in Essex. See how I go

over a year ago

"Anyone else have it? What meds have you taken? Creams or gels do sod all for me. I was in repeat prescription back when in Essex for oxytetracycline tablets( I think ) but moved north and they wouldn't prescribe it. Put me on a gel I told them did that nothing!

Do you wash your face with anything, put anything on it?

My diet doesn't really change. Hardly drink so it's not flared up from that. I use a charcoal face wash to clear my skin.

Docs finally given me the tablets I was on repeat prescription back in Essex. See how I go"

The main things to avoid are chocolate, spicy foods and caffeine (plus alcohol).

A charcoal face wash might be too harsh if used daily, have you tried something gentler?

Also, using specific moisturisers can help soothe it

Post new Message to Thread