FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Corona virus could infect 60% of the global population.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As it keeps spreading slowly, could this be the end of humanity if it spirals oout of control? The world population is 7.7 billion people, so far 100 000 have it globally, can they stop it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Wouldn’t worry about it too much, anything that comes out of China is sure not too last!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's a new study that has reported with the increase in death rate due to coronavirus that if it exceeds a certain amount then corpses will have to be disposed of at sea because the extra carbon emissions from cremation will cause a 2 degree worming of the climate which will result in the sea level rising by 1 metre and rainfall increasing by an estimated 30%

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The fit and healthy are the least at risk. The death rate is around 3%. I can't see that wiping out humanity but it's pretty bad.

In my entirely non-professional opinion, I don't see how it can be stopped. It spreads as easily as a cold. Numbers are growing.

Luke

By *otstuffbabeCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I don't think that the end of humanity is such a bad thing actually, we're killing this beautiful planet, we're so arrogant to think that we 'own' the planet

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"As it keeps spreading slowly, could this be the end of humanity if it spirals oout of control? The world population is 7.7 billion people, so far 100 000 have it globally, can they stop it?"

When a bit more than 0.001% of the global population has caught it I'll start worrying more.

A

over a year ago

"As it keeps spreading slowly, could this be the end of humanity if it spirals oout of control? The world population is 7.7 billion people, so far 100 000 have it globally, can they stop it?"

There is a difference between infection and fatality. So even if everyone got it, no humanity isn't doomed

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

"As it keeps spreading slowly, could this be the end of humanity if it spirals oout of control? The world population is 7.7 billion people, so far 100 000 have it globally, can they stop it?

When a bit more than 0.001% of the global population has caught it I'll start worrying more.

A"

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Spreading slowly and now I've read it has mutated ~ does that mean the scientist's have to start again with the vaccine?

over a year ago

life goes on

over a year ago

"I don't think that the end of humanity is such a bad thing actually, we're killing this beautiful planet, we're so arrogant to think that we 'own' the planet "

This is so true...

over a year ago

If that is true, I have not read it myself, then yes they would have to create a new vaccine in the same way that the Flu vaccine is new every time it mutates.

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

Surely we all need to get it so our bodies can develop antibodies against it?

The average person doesn't appear to be at any more risk than if they had a general flu. However, the elderly and those with underlying conditions who can't fight an infection are the the ones at risk and we should be doing everything to protect them.

over a year ago

"I don't think that the end of humanity is such a bad thing actually, we're killing this beautiful planet, we're so arrogant to think that we 'own' the planet "
That is right

over a year ago

"Surely we all need to get it so our bodies can develop antibodies against it?

The average person doesn't appear to be at any more risk than if they had a general flu. However, the elderly and those with underlying conditions who can't fight an infection are the the ones at risk and we should be doing everything to protect them."

The mortality rate is between 1% - 4% of covid 19 whereas Flu is around 0.1% so the answer is it is very different.

over a year ago

"If that is true, I have not read it myself, then yes they would have to create a new vaccine in the same way that the Flu vaccine is new every time it mutates."
Yes the news was on the online guardian site 11th feb lets hope they could find a vaccine for it as well.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"As it keeps spreading slowly, could this be the end of humanity if it spirals oout of control? The world population is 7.7 billion people, so far 100 000 have it globally, can they stop it?

There is a difference between infection and fatality. So even if everyone got it, no humanity isn't doomed "

This is the infuriating thing. Yes it can kill, yes it can lead to other complications for people. And yes it is something to be concerned about and to protect those people from BUT the death rate itself is not the alarming thing. The infection rate is, it is extremely contagious.

A low contagious but fatal virus/disease is much less of a concern than a highly contagious but less fatal one in the grand scale.

over a year ago

There is a difference between infection and fatality. So even if everyone got it, no humanity isn't doomed

This is the infuriating thing. Yes it can kill, yes it can lead to other complications for people. And yes it is something to be concerned about and to protect those people from BUT the death rate itself is not the alarming thing. The infection rate is, it is extremely contagious.

A low contagious but fatal virus/disease is much less of a concern than a highly contagious but less fatal one in the grand scale. "

over a year ago

It was probably somehow man made anyway

over a year ago

A low contagious but fatal virus/disease is much less of a concern than a highly contagious but less fatal one in the grand scale. "

It will take a much smarter and better informed person than me to determine which is of a greater risk, and I'm not going to argue with you about it because I simply do no know.

But the OP asked if this will be the end of humanity, and to that the answer is no.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

A low contagious but fatal virus/disease is much less of a concern than a highly contagious but less fatal one in the grand scale.

It will take a much smarter and better informed person than me to determine which is of a greater risk, and I'm not going to argue with you about it because I simply do no know.

But the OP asked if this will be the end of humanity, and to that the answer is no. "

Yeah sorry I totally spaced out and just didn't post a bit at the end that tied it all together.

Everyone is focused on the death rate, especially the media. When it is in fact how contagious it is that should be made clear is the larger concern. The risk of death while it is a concern it is still a low fatality rate compared to the infection rate. While the number of recoveries barely gets a mention, if at all.

~100k infected total. ~3.5k deaths ~55k recovered.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

We’ve been told not to shake hands with people.

over a year ago

any at Westminster

over a year ago

Causing the earth to be inhospitable to humans isn't the same as 'killing the planet'. We're less than a blink in the life of Earth.

I don't think this will wipe us all out, no.

As for the thing about dumping bodies in the sea to prevent sea levels rising... I'm no expert but when you dump something in water doesn't that cause the water level to rise?

over a year ago

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Infect, not kill. Very different statistics.

over a year ago

More people die if "normal" flu each year, I believe 40,000 in this country alone! So with 2 deaths thus far, the latest was an ISP with serious underlying health issues.....fake news at its best!

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

TB still kills more people everyday.

over a year ago

"Wouldn’t worry about it too much, anything that comes out of China is sure not too last!"

over a year ago

end of humanity?

someone needs to do their research

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

It's probably been here in the UK months. Only it wasn't sensationalist headlines. Certainly Alderhey hospital in Liverpool had cases before christmas.

The scientists now believe it has been here for much longer.

If we vaccinated against this, the way we do for seasonal flu I suspect the numbers infected or dying from complications of wouldn't make any headlines at all.

over a year ago

"end of humanity?

someone needs to do their research "

Why let the truth get in the way of a good news story!

over a year ago

"end of humanity?

Why let the truth get in the way of a good news story! "

and that’s the problem, the media are loving all the drama this is bringing to the world, and they don’t realise it’s their doing that’s bringing the problem of stock market crashes and panic buying at the supermarket because of their scaremongering.

over a year ago

"end of humanity?

and that’s the problem, the media are loving all the drama this is bringing to the world, and they don’t realise it’s their doing that’s bringing the problem of stock market crashes and panic buying at the supermarket because of their scaremongering."

Worse than that, the politicians are responding to the media rather that the reality!

over a year ago

"It's probably been here in the UK months. Only it wasn't sensationalist headlines. Certainly Alderhey hospital in Liverpool had cases before christmas.

If we vaccinated against this, the way we do for seasonal flu I suspect the numbers infected or dying from complications of wouldn't make any headlines at all.

"

How do you know about Alder Hey?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm assuming that sensible steps will prevent it growing really quickly in the UK and many other countries. It's more manageable if it follows just a slow growth rate.

Implement containment measures. Self isolate. Soap and water hand washing frequently.

We will get a massive new infection at some point that will kill huge volumes of people but I don't think that this is it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"It's probably been here in the UK months. Only it wasn't sensationalist headlines. Certainly Alderhey hospital in Liverpool had cases before christmas.

"

Did they have the full identity of the virus there before Christmas?

We can't vaccinate against it atm of course, as there's no vaccine.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"There's a new study that has reported with the increase in death rate due to coronavirus that if it exceeds a certain amount then corpses will have to be disposed of at sea because the extra carbon emissions from cremation will cause a 2 degree worming of the climate which will result in the sea level rising by 1 metre and rainfall increasing by an estimated 30% "

I doubt they would do sea burials, more likely is mass graves in uninhabited areas which would be cordoned off preventing access to the general public.

over a year ago

"

The virus was only identified in China in late December.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Spreading slowly and now I've read it has mutated ~ does that mean the scientist's have to start again with the vaccine? "

Viruses naturally mutate but I understand that the mutation isn't new, there have been 2 versions of it, neither is much different in terms of its impact on a person's health.

I'm guessing that a vaccine may not be produced. Just as few of us are asking about our SARS vaccine etc. This infection will potentially not be a big enough profit earner for the health companies, so they may drop research if it becomes like that.

over a year ago

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

In blunt terms, a virus that kills its host easily can't spread well. To spread it has to be mild to jump from host to host. Virtually all of one strain has been in China, most of the rest of the world us the other. It seems to me like it mutated to a milder form to spread & survive, which is what any virus would try to do.

By *rMrs_CCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Has anyone played a app game called 'Plague Inc'?

You create a virus and then try to wipe out humanity. I'm going to play it again and rename my virus to something more current

If someone manages to do that on Brutal mode I'll cheer them on from my grave!

over a year ago

"There's a new study that has reported with the increase in death rate due to coronavirus that if it exceeds a certain amount then corpses will have to be disposed of at sea because the extra carbon emissions from cremation will cause a 2 degree worming of the climate which will result in the sea level rising by 1 metre and rainfall increasing by an estimated 30% "

Or alternatively as the funeral director I was talking to this morning was saying, if the death toll escalates beyond managabilty, the government already has plans in place to bury en mass instead of individual graves, these plans were drawn up during the mid nineties influenza outbreak when they comendered freezer trucks to store the deceased in because the hospitals and morgues didn't have the capacity.

over a year ago

"In blunt terms, a virus that kills its host easily can't spread well. To spread it has to be mild to jump from host to host. Virtually all of one strain has been in China, most of the rest of the world us the other. It seems to me like it mutated to a milder form to spread & survive, which is what any virus would try to do. "

COVID-19 doesn't die with its host, in the same way that aids,tb and certain hepatitis viruses dont and it can also survive outside of a host for up to 2 hours so it can easily spread and still be deadly.

over a year ago

Has Anyone looked up Dr frances Boyle? And his theories? Makes good food for thought

over a year ago

"There's a new study that has reported with the increase in death rate due to coronavirus that if it exceeds a certain amount then corpses will have to be disposed of at sea because the extra carbon emissions from cremation will cause a 2 degree worming of the climate which will result in the sea level rising by 1 metre and rainfall increasing by an estimated 30%

Or alternatively as the funeral director I was talking to this morning was saying, if the death toll escalates beyond managabilty, the government already has plans in place to bury en mass instead of individual graves, these plans were drawn up during the mid nineties influenza outbreak when they comendered freezer trucks to store the deceased in because the hospitals and morgues didn't have the capacity."

What a load of bull shit! Absolutely scaremongering. Even so more the statement above.

over a year ago

"There's a new study that has reported with the increase in death rate due to coronavirus that if it exceeds a certain amount then corpses will have to be disposed of at sea because the extra carbon emissions from cremation will cause a 2 degree worming of the climate which will result in the sea level rising by 1 metre and rainfall increasing by an estimated 30%

Or alternatively as the funeral director I was talking to this morning was saying, if the death toll escalates beyond managabilty, the government already has plans in place to bury en mass instead of individual graves, these plans were drawn up during the mid nineties influenza outbreak when they comendered freezer trucks to store the deceased in because the hospitals and morgues didn't have the capacity.

What a load of bull shit! Absolutely scaremongering. Even so more the statement above. "

Not trying to scaremonger in the slightest, it was a conversation I had this morning with a funeral director, as it goes I doubt that the virus will even get anywhere near the sort of scale that requires such an extreme response.

over a year ago

What a load of bull shit! Absolutely scaremongering. Even so more the statement above.

Not trying to scaremonger in the slightest, it was a conversation I had this morning with a funeral director, as it goes I doubt that the virus will even get anywhere near the sort of scale that requires such an extreme response. "

So why say it.

over a year ago

Not trying to scaremonger in the slightest, it was a conversation I had this morning with a funeral director, as it goes I doubt that the virus will even get anywhere near the sort of scale that requires such an extreme response. "

I made a point in my own post that a friend who works as a bin man was send on a course on how to pick up the dead and how to use bin lorry's.

But he was also send on this same course with other flu outbreaks over the years.

over a year ago

Not trying to scaremonger in the slightest, it was a conversation I had this morning with a funeral director, as it goes I doubt that the virus will even get anywhere near the sort of scale that requires such an extreme response.

So why say it."

Because it was still fresh in my mind, and it's a more plausible course of action than sea burials.

over a year ago

We've know about Corona Virus for ages in its different forms hence why "Dettol" has Corona Virus on the back of it. Probably other products do too

Just this one is a different form/mutation. And not tested on it

By *oss and SuzieCouple
over a year ago

Porthmadog

We're doomed Mr Mannering.... doomed....

By *abat40xWoman
over a year ago

North Lincolnshire

I have a sore throat should I self isolated for a fortnight?? Lol

over a year ago

We all need to start brushing up on our blackops zombie skills lol

over a year ago

"Spreading slowly and now I've read it has mutated ~ does that mean the scientist's have to start again with the vaccine? "

Flu viruses are ever mutating.

This form of flu is no more or less vigilant than others really.

Many thousands of people die in the UK every year - mainly older/weaker people - of the standard flu.

People just need to be vigilant to stop the spread

Mwah x

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well I am taking it very seriously

Speaking as someone who has

Diabetes

Asthma

High blood pressure

And heart disease the risks involved if I contract it are high so for most people what is no more than just feeling like crap for a few days for me it's potentially life threatening.

So yes I am taking the whole thing very seriously.

over a year ago

just wash your hands, you’ll be fine

over a year ago

"We've know about Corona Virus for ages in its different forms hence why "Dettol" has Corona Virus on the back of it. Probably other products do too

Just this one is a different form/mutation. And not tested on it"

I'm sick of hearing about Dettol

There are currently 7 types of Coronavirus. Sars is a Coronavirus. This is Covid 19 it is a different type and Dettol will not necessarily clean it. Bleach products are more effective

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Nope ... we’re all gonna die . Every last one of us. Kids aren’t too badly affected but it won’t matter cos all adults will die so they will too as no one to make their brekkie and read them stories

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"We've know about Corona Virus for ages in its different forms hence why "Dettol" has Corona Virus on the back of it. Probably other products do too

Just this one is a different form/mutation. And not tested on it

I'm sick of hearing about Dettol

There are currently 7 types of Coronavirus. Sars is a Coronavirus. This is Covid 19 it is a different type and Dettol will not necessarily clean it. Bleach products are more effective"

Have you ever drank bleach?.... it’s bloody disgusting

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

Here is a curve ball, how do we know that this highly contagious virus even after we recover from it doesn’t have long term health effects.

Like for example the zirka virus!

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I read yesterday in the Daily Twat the main after effect is that, on average, once you have recovered , a mans penis is 2 inches longer, and for women , they lose the ability to do the washing up. Who knew

By *ottyKush22Couple
over a year ago

horley

It's all media control.. Control by fear... It's about, don't get me wrong but it's no different to any other human culling stunt by governments.. Bird flu, Ebola... Blah blah blah ...

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

"It's all media control.. Control by fear... It's about, don't get me wrong but it's no different to any other human culling stunt by governments.. Bird flu, Ebola... Blah blah blah ... "

Like Spanish flu and the Black Death?

By *ogisticalBigManMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Sick of hearing about it now.

Zika, ebola, bird flu, swine flu, THE flu.

To paraphrase the Jay from the Inbetweeners meme "Survived it mate"

It's just media fear-mongering to distract our attention from real problems.

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

"Sick of hearing about it now.

It's just media fear-mongering to distract our attention from real problems. "

Is it fuck, it’s real.

The WHO isn’t a media outlet.

Left unchecked this will ravage the elderly and the unfortunate youth!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

As long as it doesnt mutate into another variety , maybe the Stella Virus , where the infected get the irresistible urge to beat their partners up

By *ogisticalBigManMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Is it fuck, it’s real.

The WHO isn’t a media outlet.

Left unchecked this will ravage the elderly and the unfortunate youth!"

I appreciate it's real and a threat to some people but the hype the media pumps out about it is a joke.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

So the media in dozens of countries have got together and said ‘let’s fool the world’

It isn’t the same as anything else around. If it was it would be treated the same way. That’s just plain logic.

Nobody knows where this will end. People who trivialise and people who panic are dangerous in my opinion. Get the correct facts from reliable places would be a start.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

They don't close schools in several countries due to fear mongering media.

Arm yourself with the best information available which I think is probably WHO advice.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

Nobody knows where this will end. People who trivialise and people who panic are dangerous in my opinion. Get the correct facts from reliable places would be a start. "

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. The middle ground of taking it seriously but not too seriously is about right in my personal opinion.

I'm getting a bit fed up of people dismissing flu as "just flu" if you've ever had real flu you wouldn't be saying that. Covid 19 has a higher death rate that most strains of flu . When you have real flu you mostly just think you're dying you feel so awful.

over a year ago

That's great.

We are into end game now .. hopefully this time we will get a better movie

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"That's great.

We are into end game now .. hopefully this time we will get a better movie "

I'm hoping for My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

We could all spray Windex on ourselves

over a year ago

Wow. I just took a stiff sh!t.

over a year ago

"

Nobody knows where this will end. People who trivialise and people who panic are dangerous in my opinion. Get the correct facts from reliable places would be a start.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. The middle ground of taking it seriously but not too seriously is about right in my personal opinion.

I'm getting a bit fed up of people dismissing flu as "just flu" if you've ever had real flu you wouldn't be saying that. Covid 19 has a higher death rate that most strains of flu . When you have real flu you mostly just think you're dying you feel so awful."

I couldn't agree more...I've just got over a bad bout of flu that led to pneumonia....so yeah I'm at high risk of this one after just coming off a course of 2 antibiotics, one being the strongest available.

So yeah I have to take this seriously...wrong age and heath atm...

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"

I'm getting a bit fed up of people dismissing flu as "just flu" if you've ever had real flu you wouldn't be saying that. Covid 19 has a higher death rate that most strains of flu . When you have real flu you mostly just think you're dying you feel so awful."

Exactly. There’s no such thing as ‘just flu’ or worst still ‘a touch of flu’. If you have flu you know it, even a fit and healthy person.

over a year ago

"The fit and healthy are the least at risk. The death rate is around 3%. I can't see that wiping out humanity but it's pretty bad.

In my entirely non-professional opinion, I don't see how it can be stopped. It spreads as easily as a cold. Numbers are growing.

Luke "

This is correct. So far the number who've tested positive is as I type this under 200 still in the UK, but that's just the amounts of people tested that have came back positive. It's a common misconception that THAT'S the total amount of people in this country who are infected at this time.

I'd reason that there's probably at least three times that amount infected altogether, some of whom are going to work etc in the early stages when it presents as no more than a common cold before quickly worsening, plus those who are infected, yet who's immune system is either toughened against it or the strain that they have is weaker, closer to inoculation levels. They may carry on infecting others by close contact in the meantime, with it possibly being days until the "trail" is picked up.

Using not much more than logic I'd estimate that the virus itself will peak over the coming months, with a period in late spring or summer where hundreds of thousands could be catching it daily, which as well as wiping out anywhere up to 200,000 (the overwhelming majority elderly or with underlying conditions) or in layman's terms the population of Northampton, could cripple the UK financially, due mainly to expenditures in Health Services, sick days taken across the board impacting businesses, sick pay having to be given out and control measures being possibly acted upon that sees the event industry as well as travel and tourism floored for most of a season.

And that's without calculating the impact this will have on the Stock markets, already reacting with nerves due to Brexit, and of course the ripple effect.

It's natural for everyone's thoughts at times like these to turn to those they know and how it could effect them. My job is in an area that would be hammered by such a pandemic and initially my thoughts concerned merely how that may be affected due to "control measures" put in place, but as a result of finally paying the actual infection rate itself more attention after giving more thought to probabilities and the likelihood of COVID-19 becoming much more prevalent in the last few days I find mine turn mostly to my Mum, 73 in June and who has been asthmatic since she was a child, and given that I lost my father 6 weeks ago I feel more protective of her than ever.

B

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Are you totally fooking oblivious to all the USEFUL information and advice available on the t.v. the internet and by dialling 111.

Stop asking these fevered sexpots.

The fact that it's spreading is hardly a revelation. It'd be very fucking odd if it only went to one person and stayed there......

Go find out.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"The fit and healthy are the least at risk. The death rate is around 3%. I can't see that wiping out humanity but it's pretty bad.

Luke

This is correct. So far the number who've tested positive is as I type this under 200 still in the UK, but that's just the amounts of people tested that have came back positive. It's a common misconception that THAT'S the total amount of people in this country who are infected at this time.

I'd reason that there's probably at least three times that amount infected altogether, some of whom are going to work etc in the early stages when it presents as no more than a common cold before quickly worsening, plus those who are infected, yet who's immune system is either toughened against it or the strain that they have is weaker, closer to inoculation levels. They may carry on infecting others by close contact in the meantime, with it possibly being days until the "trail" is picked up.

Using not much more than logic I'd estimate that the virus itself will peak over the coming months, with a period in late spring or summer where hundreds of thousands could be catching it daily, which as well as wiping out anywhere up to 200,000 (the overwhelming majority elderly or with underlying conditions) or in layman's terms the population of Northampton, could cripple the UK financially, due mainly to expenditures in Health Services, sick days taken across the board impacting businesses, sick pay having to be given out and control measures being possibly acted upon that sees the event industry as well as travel and tourism floored for most of a season.

And that's without calculating the impact this will have on the Stock markets, already reacting with nerves due to Brexit, and of course the ripple effect.

It's natural for everyone's thoughts at times like these to turn to those they know and how it could effect them. My job is in an area that would be hammered by such a pandemic and initially my thoughts concerned merely how that may be affected due to "control measures" put in place, but as a result of finally paying the actual infection rate itself more attention after giving more thought to probabilities and the likelihood of COVID-19 becoming much more prevalent in the last few days I find mine turn mostly to my Mum, 73 in June and who has been asthmatic since she was a child, and given that I lost my father 6 weeks ago I feel more protective of her than ever.

B"

It’s certainly going to peak after the two week Easter break when schools are out and many people will be travelling off.

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

Luke

B"

Well said!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I want two weeks off work ........

So hush with all the sodding common sense.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Never have i read such misinformed clap trap.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Wouldn’t worry about it too much, anything that comes out of China is sure not too last!"

Maybe a Great Wall ..... Perhaps .. uhmmmmm paper, printing , gunpowder.... terracotta warriors... temples..... ming tombs ... forbidden city ...... loads of stuff.

Amazing creators.

over a year ago

Never have i read such misinformed clap trap. "

Its true. Someone called Greta said it, or it might have been Dave from the pub. Definitely a reliable source though

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

Are you totally fooking oblivious to all the USEFUL information and advice available on the t.v. the internet and by dialling 111.

The fact that it's spreading is hardly a revelation. It'd be very fucking odd if it only went to one person and stayed there......

Go find out. "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"If that is true, I have not read it myself, then yes they would have to create a new vaccine in the same way that the Flu vaccine is new every time it mutates.Yes the news was on the online guardian site 11th feb lets hope they could find a vaccine for it as well."

Thats a month ago

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Surely we all need to get it so our bodies can develop antibodies against it?

The average person doesn't appear to be at any more risk than if they had a general flu. However, the elderly and those with underlying conditions who can't fight an infection are the the ones at risk and we should be doing everything to protect them."

Yeah .... protect me. The underlying risk to you is if you don't.

I can type in capitals you know.

over a year ago

Never have i read such misinformed clap trap. "

Nor me I don't know where all this stuff comes from

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

I thought i'd had it before Christmas but didn't think it while I had it if you know what I mean..... I have suspected that it's been here maybe a couple of weeks/months longer than we think.

What ever I had it was like nothing i'd had before.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"end of humanity?

and that’s the problem, the media are loving all the drama this is bringing to the world, and they don’t realise it’s their doing that’s bringing the problem of stock market crashes and panic buying at the supermarket because of their scaremongering."

They do realise. They are puppets too.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"end of humanity?

and that’s the problem, the media are loving all the drama this is bringing to the world, and they don’t realise it’s their doing that’s bringing the problem of stock market crashes and panic buying at the supermarket because of their scaremongering.

Worse than that, the politicians are responding to the media rather that the reality!"

Other way around in my thinking. The politicians you see on the t.v. are not pulling strings.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It's got a long way to go to catch up to the global death rate of starvation.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"It's got a long way to go to catch up to the global death rate of starvation."

Yep

and Dementia, heart disease, smoking , diabetes, cancer ... yada yada

I don't think we can ignore it but some perspective on the 'death' front would help.

over a year ago

NHS England said yesterday that up to 80% of the UK population could end up catching Covid 19. With a population of 66 million, that works out at 52.8 million people. with a death rate of 1% that is 528,000 deaths in the UK.

Anyone that dosn't take this seriously is only fooling themselves.

over a year ago

"NHS England said yesterday that up to 80% of the UK population could end up catching Covid 19. With a population of 66 million, that works out at 52.8 million people. with a death rate of 1% that is 528,000 deaths in the UK.

Anyone that dosn't take this seriously is only fooling themselves."

If your young and fit you should be ok...but are the your friends and family. This is where common sense needs to come into this and people need to think about meeting the older and not so fit when they have the sniffles...one mans runny nose is another mans death sentence...

over a year ago

"NHS England said yesterday that up to 80% of the UK population could end up catching Covid 19. With a population of 66 million, that works out at 52.8 million people. with a death rate of 1% that is 528,000 deaths in the UK.

While I am taking this virus very seriously from a family point of view I do think those figures are very unlikely. Yes if the whole nation just ignored advice and the government did absolutely nothing them maybe it is possible. Surely if the virus really does kick off here then people themselves will start to be more careful, the government will step in because there's no way they will get reelected if they let half a million people die through complacency. Steps eventually will have to be taken to curb the spread eventually but the death toll will rise that's for certain and I for one will do my best to keep it out of our house

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 07/03/20 12:29:52]

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I don't understand why people are so worried about a flu virus, common flu kills 80,000 every year & we don't panic react like this to that.

Even at 80k dying every annually it's still less than 1% of the 7.7 billion humans, I'm pretty sure there is still more than 80k births in the world every year.

Wash your hands as you should & you'll be fine, even those with medical conditions or that are old have an 85% chance of survival.

I'm more worried about what governments are doing in the background whilst flooding the media with panic & isolation tactics.

over a year ago

You don't often see the WHO banging on about flu like this though so there must be a bit more to it that it's just flu

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Viruses always mutate, even your regular flu jab is based on last year's virus type. The vaccine won't be available for a while anyway due to making it, testing & making sure it's safe...I'll not be getting either tbh, I trust mother nature more than man & it's the circle of life to live & die.

over a year ago

"You don't often see the WHO banging on about flu like this though so there must be a bit more to it that it's just flu"

It's a variant of SARS, worse than flu but still not going to cause mass depopulation. The people at risk are the same who are at risk from flu. People with weakened immune system, elderly, small children and those with underlying health problems. Most people who catch it will be ill for a while then get better.

Remember, there are around 80 million deaths a year globally due to various reasons and around 130 million new births. Even if this virus killed off a few million in addition to the usual amount there will still be a nett increase in population.

When something comes along with a 70% plus communicable rate and 50% or more mortality rate then you can start panicking

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"You don't often see the WHO banging on about flu like this though so there must be a bit more to it that it's just flu"

Its highly contagious nature is what has the experts worried (and a bit of the unknown since its a new version) that's all.

Its obviously not flu, but the dangers are generally the same.

over a year ago

I’m surprised at those figures. There was a spokesman who used to work at WHO on the radio yesterday who pointed out that Hubei province had 81000 confirmed cases from a population of approximately 59 million.

over a year ago

"You don't often see the WHO banging on about flu like this though so there must be a bit more to it that it's just flu

It's a variant of SARS, worse than flu but still not going to cause mass depopulation. The people at risk are the same who are at risk from flu. People with weakened immune system, elderly, small children and those with underlying health problems. Most people who catch it will be ill for a while then get better.

Remember, there are around 80 million deaths a year globally due to various reasons and around 130 million new births. Even if this virus killed off a few million in addition to the usual amount there will still be a nett increase in population.

When something comes along with a 70% plus communicable rate and 50% or more mortality rate then you can start panicking"

Communicable rate, possibly. It wouldn't take a 50% mortality rate to start panicking though. I reckon as little as 5% would pretty much start a panic, 10% complete and utter bedlam.

B

over a year ago

Go find out. "

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Just watched some brain games & there's a piece on s6 ep2 that shows that the more you repeat something the more likely folk are to believe that its true even if it's not.

Definitely the case with coronavirus.

over a year ago

Im waiting until it reaches a 69.

By *evilshornsMan
over a year ago

Midlands

Things that replicate mutate constantly; that's the whole essence of evolution. You maybe surprised to learn that in the human body on average 150 mutations take place every day. Almost all of these come to nothing but a very small percentage will. By now there will be various mutations of covid19 about. That does not necessarily mean a vaccine is no longer effective. Most peoples immune system will still recognise the mutations as the same infection. The annual flue jab works on the same principle. Once it is produced the origin of the vaccine has already mutated but the vaccine is usually still effective but with a diminished success rate.

I wish people would stop spreading panic messages. Some of the "info" posted here on the forum is exceptionally misleading. There is no logical basis by which to compare the death rate of seasonal flu and covid19 as a vaccine for the former exists whereas none for the latter. Therefore neither can be compared as it is reasonable to assume that the vaccine for seasonal flue protects a great percentage of people in receipt of it who would without it be in danger of fatal complications as is the case with Covid19.

Follow the advise and wash your hands with warm water and soap regularly and use a tissue or your elbow to sneeze in. This will help to reduce the risk of transmission and slow down the growth in the rate of infection. It's amazing to see how many people just don't.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

and most importantly , don't forget to throw your elbow in the bin afterwards

By *evilshornsMan
over a year ago

Midlands

"and most importantly , don't forget to throw your elbow in the bin afterwards"

A must-do for all zombies of course. But then as a zombie you have more serious shit to worry about

over a year ago

"and most importantly , don't forget to throw your elbow in the bin afterwards

A must-do for all zombies of course. But then as a zombie you have more serious shit to worry about "

Yeah, not easy buying brains in the supermarket

By *bw44DDWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Seen as though we are all “clearly” going to die, can we just all have sex now

over a year ago

"Seen as though we are all “clearly” going to die, can we just all have sex now "

Most sensible post on here

By *igfatshaft200Man
over a year ago

Hot and sticky

"Causing the earth to be inhospitable to humans isn't the same as 'killing the planet'. We're less than a blink in the life of Earth.

I don't think this will wipe us all out, no.

As for the thing about dumping bodies in the sea to prevent sea levels rising... I'm no expert but when you dump something in water doesn't that cause the water level to rise?"

I so agree and it did make me laugh lol water displacement but the heat would cause much more damage but neather are to be worrying about as it wont get to that x

over a year ago

There are reports saying that the covid-19 corona virus was created in a wuhan laboratory, whats your view? It wouldnt surprise me if it was man made.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"There are reports saying that the covid-19 corona virus was created in a wuhan laboratory, whats your view? It wouldnt surprise me if it was man made."

Or it was created by conspiring Hand Sanitiser Gel Manufacturers to boost world wide sales!

over a year ago

Jeez! Don't panic. Avoid people who are coughing and sneezing. Take care of yourself and be prepared: healthy diet, activities plus extra supplements to build stronger shield, and do not forget about the hygiene. Wash your hands every time, do not touch your face just in case.

Its like a flu. Maybe a bit worse but for a flu elderly people died every year and its increased about a 1-2%.

Elderly and sick people are the ones because of their weak immune system.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Jeez! Don't panic. Avoid people who are coughing and sneezing. Take care of yourself and be prepared: healthy diet, activities plus extra supplements to build stronger shield, and do not forget about the hygiene. Wash your hands every time, do not touch your face just in case.

Its like a flu. Maybe a bit worse but for a flu elderly people died every year and its increased about a 1-2%.

Elderly and sick people are the ones because of their weak immune system. "

You're right, maybe a good time to say goodbye to your parents.

over a year ago

Yes if you disregard the most obvious and that is that the body can develop good antibodies quite quickly, considering the number of those who have had it and survived, the antibodies are becoming increasingly available. There are some viruses that loose their effectiveness as population combat it naturally, so I'd say it'll level out before too long.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"There are reports saying that the covid-19 corona virus was created in a wuhan laboratory, whats your view? It wouldnt surprise me if it was man made.

Or it was created by conspiring Hand Sanitiser Gel Manufacturers to boost world wide sales! "

The Andrex Puppy probably had a hand ( or should that be paw?)in it too....

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Highly unlikely.

Probably not, it’s here to stay like flu.

Just another flu knocking a couple of years off the oldest and sickest 1% - probably purposely transferred from bats to help control population numbers.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"There are reports saying that the covid-19 corona virus was created in a wuhan laboratory, whats your view? It wouldnt surprise me if it was man made."

It wasn’t created in a lab, but yes it was probably transferred from bar to camel by human on purpose , I can’t see any other way , even eating Ebola infected bats and hugging corpses has a very low chance of infection

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Yes if you disregard the most obvious and that is that the body can develop good antibodies quite quickly, considering the number of those who have had it and survived, the antibodies are becoming increasingly available. There are some viruses that loose their effectiveness as population combat it naturally, so I'd say it'll level out before too long."

It's effectiveness can be reduced by common sense also. How many people go to work with severe stomach bug like the norovirus? Especially when they work handling food. Highly contagious and deadly to elderly due to dehydration and organ failure which increases risk of death due to other illness. How many people follow protocol of remaining off till 3 days after symptoms have ceased? If people follow common sense, basic hygiene and staying home while infectious the diseases wouldn't spread as they do. Ps hand sanitizer doesn't kill the norovirus but luckily kills 99.9% of other bacteria and viruses. Wash your hands people especially after the toilet! Tired of seeing people go in public toilets and not wash their hands before leaving.

I'm waiting for the violence to start, people attacking someone for coughing or sneezing assuming they have the coronavirus. The common cold will get someone killed by people who fear catching coronavirus.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

Does who ever catches it become a member of the Wuhan Clan?

over a year ago

Yes if you disregard the most obvious and that is that the body can develop good antibodies quite quickly, considering the number of those who have had it and survived, the antibodies are becoming increasingly available. There are some viruses that loose their effectiveness as population combat it naturally, so I'd say it'll level out before too long.

It's effectiveness can be reduced by common sense also. How many people go to work with severe stomach bug like the norovirus? Especially when they work handling food. Highly contagious and deadly to elderly due to dehydration and organ failure which increases risk of death due to other illness. How many people follow protocol of remaining off till 3 days after symptoms have ceased? If people follow common sense, basic hygiene and staying home while infectious the diseases wouldn't spread as they do. Ps hand sanitizer doesn't kill the norovirus but luckily kills 99.9% of other bacteria and viruses. Wash your hands people especially after the toilet! Tired of seeing people go in public toilets and not wash their hands before leaving.

I'm waiting for the violence to start, people attacking someone for coughing or sneezing assuming they have the coronavirus. The common cold will get someone killed by people who fear catching coronavirus. "

I recently returned from Italy. One thing that I noticed was the fact they have unisex toilets. Now I'm aware how infrequently men wash their hands, so I'm sure those dusky Italian women are picking up their germs.

Post new Message to Thread